Auto Populate

If/When you forget to assign a team in GAC why does it populate your strongest team and not your roster order?

If you have selected favourites on certain characters should it not populate them first?

Replies

• *Strongest team = strongest character
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Why should it do that? You shouldn't be able to manipulate the teams that get assigned, as that's not the point of autodeploy. If you want to control what teams are assigned, just assign them yourself.

Also, different people use the favorite tag for different things. I use it for units I'm farming to make it easier to find the nodes. Other people use it for characters they're working on gearing. There is no reason whatsoever that those characters should be placed first.
  • Fair enough. It was a more of a suggestion. I’m not sure what you would gain other than seeing a crappy team you are doing up go into go in the the arena. It’s not exactly cheating is it. All it’s doing is prioritising your favourites, that’s why it should do that?

You can’t favourite every character or else it’s doing, what it’s doing now.

My suggestion is about controlling my teams, I’m trying to have as much control over them as I can, but sometimes you just forget.

Your argument is right. I understood that before writing the message. But if you have characters as favourites, surely they should populate first?

• Your argument is right. I understood that before writing the message. But if you have characters as favourites, surely they should populate first?
    No, I don't think you understand Liath's response. It seems like you use the favorites button to literally mark your favorite characters, but many (perhaps even most) do not use the favorite button in such a way. I would bet that many more players use the favorite button in the way Liath describes, to mark characters they are working on so that they don't need to sort through the roster to be found. None of my current "favorites" are characters I actually like, I need to work on Resistance toons for GL Rey and I don't want to locate them every time in my roster, they will be un-favorited once I'm done with them. Why should the characters I happen to be farming at the moment be populated first?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The auto-deploy is there for convenience, not to play for you.

If you have a squad management tab set up for GAC then you can manually deploy a standard defense in a couple of minutes which will be better than anything the AI could manage even if CG did make it more sophisticated.

Set a reminder on your phone if you need one.
  • I’ve been playing the game long enough to understand the rules. Like I said, it was more of a suggestion to the community.

I’m farming for Super Kylo. I’ve got 4 favourited (the remaining FO characters that need gearing to G13 requirements) after that it’s General Grievous.

So in a normal 5 v 5 going off my ‘suggestion’ it would be some crappy FO characters and GG as a team. Where is the benefit of favourites?

In a scenario where I forget to put a team out, why does it populate one for me? I may not want to put team out and just attack for Fun, try new teams out in attack. I Don’t get that choice though because it gets Auto Populated starting off with my strongest characters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

In a scenario where I forget to put a team out, why does it populate one for me? I may not want to put team out and just attack for Fun, try new teams out in attack. I Don’t get that choice though because it gets Auto Populated starting off with my strongest characters.

Because not putting up teams hurts your opponent by not allowing him to complete feats or play the mode. Autofill teams are intended to prevent people from ruining the experience for their opponents.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    autodeploy is to help your opponent not you (when you are the one autodeploying). So opponent should be able to clear bc it's just a jumble of your highest toons, while you are stuck with your weaker toons when on offense. this way he is rewarded for setting a defense and you are penalized for not setting a defense, and he can also still get feats done as well (probably)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    If you want to go full offense then deploy the trash from the bottom of your roster on defense and take all of your good characters & ships on offense.

Every defensive slot / zone you leave empty deprives you of defensive banners and grants your opponent maximum possible offensive banners. There is nothing to gain from it strategically.