Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Saug77
    44 posts Member
    Strange approach.
    All content creators do is put spotlight on this game.
    What is CG afraid of?
  • Saug77 wrote: »
    Strange approach.
    All content creators do is put spotlight on this game.
    What is CG afraid of?

Criticism
  • I think people are overreacting.
    It is not Ahnaldt101’s main account which was banned, it was just another account he got from someone else
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Guys Classic Whataboutism coming from the Pro CG group. We’re not talking terms of service we’re talking about the lack of enforcement or selective enforcement
  • Tcetter
    55 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    He was using a shared account, which is forbidden.

Cool story, nobody cares. Kinda like CG’s approach to its player base.

• Demully
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Edited, misread website layout... sorry.
  • So if I cheat and I also account share does this mean I only get half my account back after a weeks ban (which starts when I say it does).
    After being in contact with 'Lucifer's Daddy' aka 'GOD' obviously.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    I think people are overreacting.
    It is not Ahnaldt101’s main account which was banned, it was just another account he got from someone else

I think you are missing the point, yes this wasn't his main account he kept it active because it was stronger than his main and better suited for content creation.

The real point is that they negotiate with cheaters. They bend over backwards to accommodate cheaters and people who spend 10s of thousands of $$$ and simultaneously punish their most vocal supporter.
  • @obikenobi1
    I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, but do you understand how common it is for guildmates to babysit accounts for peeps on work trips? Or for guildmates to babysit accounts so the guild has time to replace that player that quit? Or my wife has had to log in and help me with the game while I am off coaching in practices and games for the school I work at.

I am assuming you’re not this naive. Do you watch other SWGoH content creators that use other people’s account to stream GAC or make videos?

The fact that incompetent CG has provided no new content for more than HALF A YEAR, other than reskinned Rock, Paper, Scissors, been delayed on the Road Ahead, has countless bugs prevalent within the game and a plethora of other issues, they chose to ban a helpful account to their biggest YouTuber. They took away test accounts and left the content creators up **** creek without paddles.

If they ban one, it all.
  • Everyone knows where the door is in this game, but how many will actually walk through it? **** and moan but at the end of the day if a new OP toon comes out, so do the wallets and panic farming.
    He personally didn't get banned just ONE of his accounts did.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Everyone knows where the door is in this game, but how many will actually walk through it? **** and moan but at the end of the day if a new OP toon comes out, so do the wallets and panic farming.

just gonna reply with LOL to all these apologists posts. He has visual proof that EA negotiates with cheaters who spend and still you aplogize for CG
  • I'm usually pretty silent about issues, but I registered an account just to make this post. I've been playing the game for a couple of years now, the main reason I've stayed with the game for so long has been because of YouTubers and their content. I'm not a hardcore whale, so it's nice to be able to see game play of the newest characters maxed out and end game content in action as well as knowledgeable commentary on it's usage. It gives me a reason to actually chase after specific characters and stay with it in the long term.

It seems like CG has been slowly reducing the amount of communication with the major players of the game when it should be moving in the other direction.

I'm a big fan of the game, but there's been a drought of content within the game that's interesting to me as of late. While I'd like to have more content to play in the game, without the ability to follow content creators that I have a reason to personally trust talk about the game and make the content they'd like, I have no reason to spend another cent on this game and will definitely lose interest in maintaining an account that I've logged into daily for years.

I'll not be spending any more money and reduce my interactions with the game overall until we see some sort of change.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    the beatings will continue until moral improves
  • What is your problem CG!? Are you even aware of the amount of damage you are doing to our community?I mean he is now SCARED OF PLAYING! Id never seen a company so rotten from the inside. UNBELIEVABLE
  • Wormio
    61 posts Member
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    mrebey27 wrote: »
    The CG boot licker, Ultra, strikes again.

He is one of their more vocal supporters, but I wouldn't call him a bootlicker.

Well I would and I did.

Well here have cookie, but you didn't bother to answer my question, not that I expected one.

So Vader81 is spamming his opinion everywhere. Anybody curious about his agenda on the repeated, negative-bias focus about Arnold????
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Ahnald broke ToS, so that account should be banned. The issue here and Bulldog also exposed this, is CG's double standard when it comes to banning people. They may as well ban a lot of top players for using 3rd party modding tools, sharing accounts, buying accounts, etc. Lots of ppl have broken ToS, but CG allowed it to go on. CG has much bigger problems than Ahnald using 2 accounts which he has been using for the benefit of this game. The fact that they had conversations with cheaters who were perma-banned and offered to drop that suspension to a week and let them choose when they would serve it and not even give Ahnald a chance is absolutely appalling. I'm sure Ahnald would have no problems with his kraken account being banned if CG was consistent with the ban hammer on this policy. He might make a video about it, but I doubt he would be this mad. However, they aren't and because they aren't, this just looks like they are targeting the top content creator for SWGOH and trying to silence him in a sense. This is just a terrible look for CG. Man has gotten 150K subscribers on his channel and has spent tens of thousands of dollars on this game. The least you could do is let him keep 2 accounts.

Also, to those who say it's not a big loss: it is still a loss because now he has to re-whale on a bunch of characters so basically has to spend thousands more dollars on the game on characters that he already should have had. Sure donations and Youtube money will help subsidize this, but it is still a loss to have to g13 characters he had no intention of spending money on again and his mod collection on his main isn't as nice as his kraken account so he can't even properly show you CG's new toys at their peak and show you where their potential is.
  • I understand why the account was banned but if CG doesn’t understand why he had the account or what he brings to this game then you are shooting yourself in the foot. Bring back the beta accounts and let content creators to continue to bring viral marketing to your business! You once valued content creators enough to have pop up questionnaires (before the perpetual hyperdrive bundle) asking us who we watched, so you clearly valued them.

Value them again.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Everyone knows where the door is in this game, but how many will actually walk through it? **** and moan but at the end of the day if a new OP toon comes out, so do the wallets and panic farming.

just gonna reply with LOL to all these apologists posts. He has visual proof that EA negotiates with cheaters who spend and still you aplogize for CG

The visual proof.... hmmm... oh you mean in that video he posted today where he says he will now whale twice as hard on the characters he whaled out on the banned account on toons he doesn't have at 7 stars or g13 on his original account and keep playing, promoting the game, and he won't ask for a refund?

And i'm the apologist and the bootlicker

Logic checks out
  • Kountkajh wrote: »
    Honestly **** u cg, not playing till u unban him. Plain and simple, he’s the best thing u guys got going for this game
    #StandWithAhnald

#PlayersMatter
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

The visual proof.... hmmm... oh you mean in that video he posted today where he says he will now whale twice as hard on the characters he whaled out on the banned account on toons he doesn't have at 7 stars or g13 on his original account and keep playing, promoting the game, and he won't ask for a refund?

Logic checks out

Yeah, thats just crazy. He gets an account banned, which is fine, but then says he is just going to buy it all again. B A N A N A S!

But good for him. He loves the game and making videos so i give him a thumbs up. I just wish he'd stop yelling at me
  • Summarize your bug Youtubers who provide excellent viewing content and FREE ADVERTISING for the game and developers are getting their accounts banned. (Bulldog and now AhnaldT101)

Repost from others but most applies to me as well...

"I have been playing SWGOH for a few years now. I really enjoy the game and when i have the extra money I try and support the game by spending money. The main reason I stay interested in the game is because of the youtube channels I watch. Recently though, especially since the GL update, these youtube channels have brought to light some shameful conduct on the part of Capitol Games. These youtube creators shared their opinion on the GL update. Even though it was a negative opinion, it was an opinion that was shared by the majority of the SWGOH community. Ever since these events, almost all the content creators I watch on youtube have reported shameful conduct by Capitol Games which includes shutting them out of the Game changer program, threatening their youtube channels, and even banning their accounts. If this is the response a game developer shows towards people who have helped the game in ways such as free advertising, providing important information for new players and by just making the community better overall, they should be ashamed. I have decided to personally boycott spending any further money on SWGOH until I see a better attitude from this company. It un-acceptable that a company responds in this way to negative feedback from their community. I will also recommend to my guild members they do the same. If things don't change we will probably just leave the game. I refuse to be part of game that warns cheaters before they are banned, but someone who actually helps the community and provides free advertising for the game is treated like a criminal just because of an honest opinion is perma-banned. Shameful."
  • Charlatan of a dev studio. Imagine the potential of this game in the right hands.
    Level 59
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member

Logic checks out

In his case it's a business expense needed for his channel. In your case, you do it for free because you enjoy being part of the unpaid CG Defense Force.

Again, they ban an account he uses to ADVERTISE their game, but when someone cheats, they give them a week timeout and let them play again. As if Ahnald doesn't spend thousands on this game, but a cheater who does it is perfectly fine?

I would say everyone just ignore CG Ultra and the rest of the CGDF from now on. All they are here to do is incite and disrupt (be trolls).
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Eutus wrote: »
    Look, im not gonna go watch any of his videos to find out what happened. I dont want him in my youtube algorythms. But if you wanna tell me here, even if its a little exacerbated, im into it. I come here for the flaming bags of terds littered all over this dumpster fire. And this one sounds like a stinky one

Maybe their new tools autodetect enjoyment across all platforms and auto ban?

They didn't ban his main account, but another account that wasn't originally his

1. Account transfer is against the Terms of Service (Violation #1)

2. The other issue (unconfirmed) is that the account was originally a chinese account so there might be illegal crystal purchases (in the past) or since China is removing the game and CG is no longer supporting it after the next Title Update, the account was going to go away eventually

The second point is unconfirmed but Ahnald still has his main account which he has used for all his videos so far, so its not as big of a loss, and he's still able to make the same videos as he always has

Maybe you have overlooked how much money he has invested in that account since he took over. But this is more than banning. This is more about double standards and lack of communication from CG
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Wormio wrote: »
    The CG boot licker, Ultra, strikes again.

He is one of their more vocal supporters, but I wouldn't call him a bootlicker.

Well I would and I did.

Well here have cookie, but you didn't bother to answer my question, not that I expected one.

So Vader81 is spamming his opinion everywhere. Anybody curious about his agenda on the repeated, negative-bias focus about Arnold????

huh? I didn't quite follow that, not breaking any rules an offering my opinion.

Is that against the TOS now?
  • Is the negotiation with cheaters true? CG, could you please address this? If it is true, is It an aberration. What is the reasoning behind having a zero tolerance cheating policy that can be negotiated out of?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Logic checks out

Yeah, thats just crazy. He gets an account banned, which is fine, but then says he is just going to buy it all again. B A N A N A S!

But good for him. He loves the game and making videos so i give him a thumbs up. I just wish he'd stop yelling at me

Why is it bananas?

You are a self employed contractor and one day on a job site you lose your tool belt with all your tools (lost/stolen/whatever). If it is the way you make your living, why would you not go out and replace those tools?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.