MaruMaru wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    The problem is inconsistent application of TOS. Many people pay to build their collection and hope to get crystals in fair arenas and crystal equivalent buying tokens in GACs because of this payment. However when people cheat and the event organiser (CG) doesn't make-whole the injured party and instead negotiates and minimizes punishment of the cheater (because they paid them off) it is fraud.
    Inconsistent justice is no justuce at all!

Exactly. It is consumer fraud. Buying X character and the crystals to get the gear to get them to say relic 7, is buying a reduction in the time spent to get the character to a competitve advantage.

If they knowlingly allow cheating it negates the purchase made. You get the new character and the ability to use it, but a cheater can make said investment no different than a 3 star lvl 1 version.

That willing interaction while stating 0 tollerance is where the true issue is. It undercuts the integritty of the game and makes ones purchases irrelevant.

Cg, by allowing that behavior, is commiting consumer fraud against spenders. As they are selling a reduction in time spent to get to competatice advantage while knowing that users they allowed back can undercut that.

0 tollerance is the solution.... not the option. This game is pay to win. A counter can happen and it will, but to allow a cheater to exist is not a fair counter.

Its time to acknowledge the issue, appoligize and define what is being done now. Id love some kind of gift as well but.... i doubt we get that if the conversation is too hard to even start.

I assume this is precisely why they haven’t made a statement yet. The cheating negotiations is far too serious and I bet all relevant companies involved have been in discussions, including all their legal representation.

This is far from over.

Hmm doubt a TOS can be applied in law like you can hold them accountable for not enforcing it, it's the reverse. Or is there any clause there where they promise you to enforce it when you use their product? Even if that was the case it's a lawfully binding agreement between you and the company...and not 3rd parties.

in their ToS it states that cheating is taken on a case to case basis, unless told otherwise.

They clearly stated in a previous post that it is a 0 tolerance policy on cheaters.....so why are cheaters still playing the game?

This is where the problem is!

I get that and it's entirely reasonable to demand an answer. Just not lawfully enforcable...at least with the assumption they don't obey the tos.

it sure is enforceable, if they refuse to answer an inquiry about a refund, because you feel cheated (because of chesters) then you have every right to sue them. They are liable for their actions.

If they dont reply then you cannot go to arbitration like it is stated in their ToS. Therefore they are circumventing their own ToS. Which would make it consumer fraud, and breach of contract since the ToS is legally binding for both parties.

Which clause in the tos do you think warrants a legal enforcement? They draw the line what you can't do and what they can do if you do the forbidden things, nowhere does it say they have to do any of it on infringement. I'm not knowledgable about law or consumer fraud. Only talking about how to interpret tos.

Section 15 states that if you contact the EA help desk (ea help desk tells you to contact the Dev Team) and cannot come to a resolution with regards to a dispute, you have the right to go to arbitration. But contact with a developer is a must for it to get to that point. So if a developer never replies to you or answers your question then you are being robbed of your right to arbitration. Hence consumer fraud. If you are a consumer that has gone into a contract (ToS) with a service provider (CG/EA) and they KNOWINGLY don't uphold their end of the agreement then it is fraud. There are numerous other precedents I can name here about consumer rights, and contract law, but I won't go into that. They broke their ToS, which means they broke their contract with you, but expect you to still follow the ToS?? I think not.

Also I would like to point out that according to Google Play ToS, a developer MUST answer within 3 days time to any disputes you may have. They MUST! If they don't then it is up to Google to enforce the punishment.

Ok, this is pretty interesting. Not practical whatsoever though. Doubt any online game company is capable of responding to all inquiries from all it's players...this looks like something more related to problems with the service, bugs etc. and not the state of the game(=quality of the product) Is there any precedent because a company haven't replied within 3 days it has been considered consumer fraud...in gaming or elsewhere?

Quality of product....which also means quality of game play, if there are cheaters in the game, or people circumventing crystal purchases, that means the quality of the product that they paid for is not what they paid for.

I'm just stating what is in their ToS.

They have to reply, hence why there is a EA help desk. But because CG is so backwards they have an automated reply from EA that just says contact the Dev Team. They are the only game under the EA umbrella that does this (to my knowledge). They also have to reply if you have some form of dispute. Its just like any other company, if you have a dispute with Amazon, they will work with you to resolve the situation, always.

Still don't understand where you refering in the tos.

6. Rules of Conduct
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    bla bla

We are the ones agreeing on these. They don't promise to apply any of clauses, but have a right to do so.

And

15. Dispute Resolutions by Binding Arbitration

What exactly will you be disputing that they promised elsewhere in the tos as a part of the service?

They literally said there is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY, and they go back on it by negotiating with cheaters. Clearly you don't know how to read.

As for the binding arbitration, it states in the ToS if you cannot come to a resolution to a dispute you are given the right to go to binding arbitration, with an independent accredited arbitrator. If they never reply to your messages, or inquiries, how the heck are you supposed to resolve a dispute. Radio silence is not an option.

We are on the same side but you are into insults, ok. Let's see where that zero tolerance policy is in the tos, since you know how to read, you can help me.

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

Naturally I also know that post...which is not a part of the tos.

So CG lied? The tame moderators need to know

If the screenshot is real, yeah. What should mods do about it? Unrelated to their responsibility.
  • Rondif
    17 posts Member
    day xx of the crazy things and stil nothing
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    The problem is inconsistent application of TOS. Many people pay to build their collection and hope to get crystals in fair arenas and crystal equivalent buying tokens in GACs because of this payment. However when people cheat and the event organiser (CG) doesn't make-whole the injured party and instead negotiates and minimizes punishment of the cheater (because they paid them off) it is fraud.

Exactly. It is consumer fraud. Buying X character and the crystals to get the gear to get them to say relic 7, is buying a reduction in the time spent to get the character to a competitve advantage.

If they knowlingly allow cheating it negates the purchase made. You get the new character and the ability to use it, but a cheater can make said investment no different than a 3 star lvl 1 version.

That willing interaction while stating 0 tollerance is where the true issue is. It undercuts the integritty of the game and makes ones purchases irrelevant.

Cg, by allowing that behavior, is commiting consumer fraud against spenders. As they are selling a reduction in time spent to get to competatice advantage while knowing that users they allowed back can undercut that.

0 tollerance is the solution.... not the option. This game is pay to win. A counter can happen and it will, but to allow a cheater to exist is not a fair counter.

Its time to acknowledge the issue, appoligize and define what is being done now. Id love some kind of gift as well but.... i doubt we get that if the conversation is too hard to even start.

I assume this is precisely why they haven’t made a statement yet. The cheating negotiations is far too serious and I bet all relevant companies involved have been in discussions, including all their legal representation.

This is far from over.

Hmm doubt a TOS can be applied in law like you can hold them accountable for not enforcing it, it's the reverse. Or is there any clause there where they promise you to enforce it when you use their product? Even if that was the case it's a lawfully binding agreement between you and the company...and not 3rd parties.

in their ToS it states that cheating is taken on a case to case basis, unless told otherwise.

They clearly stated in a previous post that it is a 0 tolerance policy on cheaters.....so why are cheaters still playing the game?

I get that and it's entirely reasonable to demand an answer. Just not lawfully enforcable...at least with the assumption they don't obey the tos.

it sure is enforceable, if they refuse to answer an inquiry about a refund, because you feel cheated (because of chesters) then you have every right to sue them. They are liable for their actions.

If they dont reply then you cannot go to arbitration like it is stated in their ToS. Therefore they are circumventing their own ToS. Which would make it consumer fraud, and breach of contract since the ToS is legally binding for both parties.

Which clause in the tos do you think warrants a legal enforcement? They draw the line what you can't do and what they can do if you do the forbidden things, nowhere does it say they have to do any of it on infringement. I'm not knowledgable about law or consumer fraud. Only talking about how to interpret tos.

Section 15 states that if you contact the EA help desk (ea help desk tells you to contact the Dev Team) and cannot come to a resolution with regards to a dispute, you have the right to go to arbitration. But contact with a developer is a must for it to get to that point. So if a developer never replies to you or answers your question then you are being robbed of your right to arbitration. Hence consumer fraud. If you are a consumer that has gone into a contract (ToS) with a service provider (CG/EA) and they KNOWINGLY don't uphold their end of the agreement then it is fraud. There are numerous other precedents I can name here about consumer rights, and contract law, but I won't go into that. They broke their ToS, which means they broke their contract with you, but expect you to still follow the ToS?? I think not.

Also I would like to point out that according to Google Play ToS, a developer MUST answer within 3 days time to any disputes you may have. They MUST! If they don't then it is up to Google to enforce the punishment.

Ok, this is pretty interesting. Not practical whatsoever though. Doubt any online game company is capable of responding to all inquiries from all it's players...this looks like something more related to problems with the service, bugs etc. and not the state of the game(=quality of the product) Is there any precedent because a company haven't replied within 3 days it has been considered consumer fraud...in gaming or elsewhere?

Quality of product....which also means quality of game play, if there are cheaters in the game, or people circumventing crystal purchases, that means the quality of the product that they paid for is not what they paid for.

They have to reply, hence why there is a EA help desk. But because CG is so backwards they have an automated reply from EA that just says contact the Dev Team. They are the only game under the EA umbrella that does this (to my knowledge). They also have to reply if you have some form of dispute. Its just like any other company, if you have a dispute with Amazon, they will work with you to resolve the situation, always.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

We are the ones agreeing on these. They don't promise to apply any of clauses, but have a right to do so.

And

What exactly will you be disputing that they promised elsewhere in the tos as a part of the service?

They literally said there is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY, and they go back on it by negotiating with cheaters. Clearly you don't know how to read.

As for the binding arbitration, it states in the ToS if you cannot come to a resolution to a dispute you are given the right to go to binding arbitration, with an independent accredited arbitrator. If they never reply to your messages, or inquiries, how the heck are you supposed to resolve a dispute. Radio silence is not an option.

We are on the same side but you are into insults, ok. Let's see where that zero tolerance policy is in the tos, since you know how to read, you can help me.

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

So CG lied? The tame moderators need to know

If the screenshot is real, yeah. What should mods do about it? Unrelated to their responsibility.

They keep screaming " CG never lies. Show me the proof". Well, here you go. Admit it mods.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Isaacimov wrote: »
    Totally off topic and I have not read that much comments from Kyno, but is he always referring to CG as them and they? Is he not an employee?

Nope. Voluntary forum mod with no official capacity.

He volunteers for tribute.

Chained since '16
  • WindChoke wrote: »
    feelycr wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    I will keep investing in the game as it is enjoyable. Don't really care that CG does not provide updates to Ahnold's specific case as it has zero impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Live your dreams, buddy...not sure why you would want to spend money on characters with no content in which to play them? Perhaps you enjoy spinning your characters around?

You probably are early in the game or in a developing guild but JKL is perfect for light side Geo TB content, and Vader rework (let's hope it remains as is) is a decent obtainable counter to GLs for arena and GAC content, although it does have some requirements that need to be met in end game (e.g. being able to get Wat from dark side TB content). For early game there is enough content for you to do, although looking back I hope there have been some QoL improvements.

How often are TBs? You can’t do one every day. Even if you could, there is only so much time you can spend doing it. Other than that it is just waiting, and waiting for something to come out so you can play.
    I’m mid-game (I guess) and am farming for GAS. I have a lot to do, but it’s not fun. Not a quality gaming experience.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Rondif
    17 posts Member
    sooo RA is here and till now, nothing bout cheaters or communication or nothing relevant =/
  • This RA is depressing.....
  • Rondif wrote: »
    sooo RA is here and till now, nothing bout cheaters or communication or nothing relevant =/

Again, I don’t think this should have been called the Road Ahead, just an important posts, like the me thinking of GLs. Don’t think it lives up to the “Road Ahead” title. But it looks good.
  • Rondif
    17 posts Member
    Yes the new mode seens cool, have to wait to see how it will looks in the game. But they didnt adressed ANY of our issues =/
    I will keep investing in the game as it is enjoyable. Don't really care that CG does not provide updates to Ahnold's specific case as it has zero impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Live your dreams, buddy...not sure why you would want to spend money on characters with no content in which to play them? Perhaps you enjoy spinning your characters around?

You probably are early in the game or in a developing guild but JKL is perfect for light side Geo TB content, and Vader rework (let's hope it remains as is) is a decent obtainable counter to GLs for arena and GAC content, although it does have some requirements that need to be met in end game (e.g. being able to get Wat from dark side TB content). For early game there is enough content for you to do, although looking back I hope there have been some QoL improvements.

How often are TBs? You can’t do one every day. Even if you could, there is only so much time you can spend doing it. Other than that it is just waiting, and waiting for something to come out so you can play.
    I’m mid-game (I guess) and am farming for GAS. I have a lot to do, but it’s not fun. Not a quality gaming experience.

Territory battles are twice a month and each lasts for six days. In fact Hoth you can play every day during its period. They don't overlap with territory wars as both types are big guild events, so we get a TB then 2-3 TW then again a TB, etc.
    WindChoke wrote: »

Territory battles are twice a month and each lasts for six days. In fact Hoth you can play every day during its period. They don't overlap with territory wars as both types are big guild events, so we get a TB then 2-3 TW then again a TB, etc.

Everyday for maybe 1-2 hours. Less for me since I’m doing Hoth TBs. TW last 2 days (not including preview and review phases). 4 of them between TBs. So 8 days of TW and 12 days of TB. 20 days in total. Months are 30/31 days, Feb is 28. That means 8-11 days are there for summing challenges and doing some GAC matches, maybe a couple events. There’s not much to do. I play other games, and there is stuff I can do for hours a day, everyday, whenever I want. That can’t be said for SWGoH, unless you just started.
    WindChoke wrote: »

Everyday for maybe 1-2 hours. Less for me since I’m doing Hoth TBs. TW last 2 days (not including preview and review phases). 4 of them between TBs. So 8 days of TW and 12 days of TB. 20 days in total. Months are 30/31 days, Feb is 28. That means 8-11 days are there for summing challenges and doing some GAC matches, maybe a couple events. There’s not much to do. I play other games, and there is stuff I can do for hours a day, everyday, whenever I want. That can’t be said for SWGoH, unless you just started.

Yes I understand if you would like more game play hours. For me it works about alright with the time required. Hopefully, the road ahead new game mode will add to these gameplay hours, and good it can be done at any time of the day.
  • Alot of folks saying the whales dont care... Well this whale still hasnt spend any money on the game since this fiasco. So the message was sent
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Totally off topic and I have not read that much comments from Kyno, but is he always referring to CG as them and they? Is he not an employee?

Nop. Voluntary forum mod with no official capacity.

lol

But, @Kyno did help me out with an in game issue Ive been having when I received no help from anywhere else. And Ive been pretty harsh on EA and CG. Rightfully so.
  • Deell wrote: »

Nop. Voluntary forum mod with no official capacity.

lol

But, @Kyno did help me out with an in game issue Ive been having when I received no help from anywhere else. And Ive been pretty harsh on EA and CG. Rightfully so.

But so many others have not gotten a single reply. For weeks/months.
  • Rondif
    17 posts Member
    Bestickles wrote: »
    Alot of folks saying the whales dont care... Well this whale still hasnt spend any money on the game since this fiasco. So the message was sent

dont spending after all that too, altough i'm just a dolphin
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    GroovieR wrote: »
    This RA is depressing.....

Took a few montha of delay to put that together
  • CG....the EA stock holders are watching. Your revenues are declining. This so called road ahead doesn’t address any issues. CG is alienating their investors and their clients. I WILL NOT SPEND on this.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

This is far from over.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

And

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

Seems legit enough for me
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

This is far from over.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

And

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

Then you should try to take it to court to see if you can claim it a break of tos. That's what the whole conversation was about.

This is far from over.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

And

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

Then you should try to take it to court to see if you can claim it a break of tos. That's what the whole conversation was about.

Their lack of communication breaks the ToS....
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

This is far from over.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

And

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

Let us know of the proceedings when you file a suit on lack of communication.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Still waiting for them to address the following

- DETAILS on the next pizzle
    - COMMUNICATION to the player base
    - CHEATERS issue and what is being done
    - ROAD AHEAD that meant something, not some gubbeish that no one can understand. Do I need a C3PO translator?

Hope we are not speaking jawa to you CG
  • 😂😂 yeah it’ll get bumped on Monday when people start opening up their wallets to prepare for Luke and Ahnald’s sheep will lose their mind because they realize that nothing they did made any difference

What's with the name??

This is far from over.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

And

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

So their post saying 3rd party crystal purchases isnt technically part of their terms of service then according to your logic...

what about people who deployed over and over and over to get max stars in hoth tb using a exploit that isnt specifically mentioned in the TOS but people got banned for it.

What about re using mods on several teams in a GAC or TB that's possible but not in the TOS but people can get banned for it.

When CG makes announcements on their forum laying out new rules it's reasonable to expect their stated rules to be incorporated into their terms of service they dont have to keep adding and adding to the actual tos with every post to make their stance official or enforceable.

Your argument and logic is childish and silly
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

This is far from over.

6. Rules of Conduct
    bla bla

And

c47juhtu37i4.jpg

I know where i saw it

Let us know of the proceedings when you file a suit on lack of communication.

Googles terms of service says they have to respond to a direct message within 3 days.

But hey feel how you will
  • Walrus
    11 posts Member
    Road ahead was underwhelming XD
  • Captains Log Day 19
    Still no communication on this issue... we are almost at 3 weeks since this event and many months since any good communication.
    Can we have some good comms about what is going on?
  • Anariodin wrote: »
    Captains Log Day 19
    Still no communication on this issue... we are almost at 3 weeks since this event and many months since any good communication.
    Can we have some good comms about what is going on?

They wont say anything either.