Stop the TW mismatches

Prev1345
Come on CG, please review the TW Matchmaking!!!

Surely it can't be that difficult! You're taking the fun out of TW
This is the Way

Replies

• Options
    Haha yeah. I’m in a bad guild with my friends. I got g13s and stuff and our opponents have nothing so it’s easy wins.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    Any data to explain your point @Natetiffer
  • Deany123
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Let's be honest here...he really doesn't need to give any data as everyone knows it happens all the time.
    On the other hand there is no point complaining about it because as long as matchmaking is based on active GP alone this will continue.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Deany123 wrote: »

Let's be honest here...he really doesn't need to give any data as everyone knows it happens all the time.
    Let's be honest here... "everyone knows" is a classic smokescreen tactic used when your "facts" have about as much substance as said smokescreen.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone knows droprates change every day, don'tcha?
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Let's be honest here... "everyone knows" is a classic smokescreen tactic used when your "facts" have about as much substance as said smokescreen.

My guild is out matched every single TW. Beaten on mods, beaten on GL, beaten on meta characters....basically beaten on everything. We have quite alot of bloated gp players so as long as matchups are done on GP alone we always will be out matched. It's not a complaint, we have accepted it is what it is and just try and have fun anyway.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

In this case though, it actually is an everyone knows situation. Our guild doesn't force 50/50 in TW, we just go with whoever joins, so a lot of the time we wallop our opponents, often having a 20-30M advantage over them. Or the flipside happens, where we recently faced a Top 20 GP guild and got our collective butts whooped.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

End of this TW I probably will if I remember to take screenshots.
  • Options
    What data needs to wait until the end of TW?

The OP has posted more than once in the TW subsection of the forums and always quotes the opponent’s total GP, which is meaningless.

Need to know how many signed up etc. That’s all that matters.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Why not take your screenshots now or show your proof now?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair we really all know what's up. This is 42 to 50. The outcome is perfectly a given assuming both sides simply play it.

ldc5t6yiahix.png

• Options
    They are 47/48
    tbc6hvoq01sw.png
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    Options
    that is a hard mismatch

ztpp5pis0z9l.png

and 5 vs. 11 rey
    and 0 vs. 5 kylos

come on CG/EA you can do better^^
  • Options
    my evidence is in my other post but the post where we are told to comment about mismatches doesn't seem to actually get looked at... a 20% higher Guild GP but that's all I can tell you as the Guild shows no-one on swgoh.gg... So how do you know how many sign up... Every time this has happened we get hammered in TW, If we are not given the correct tools to measure TW matches how do we actually prove it's a mismatch... So if they have 38 join and we have 38 join and they have a 20% increase in GP, we are hoping that their 38 that join are the 38 lowest GP members to maybe match our top 38??? Which I know for a fact that our top 38 GP members haven't joined... For the match to be fair the GP of those joined must be used, show me this is happening, let us see the proof? Why is the burden of proof put on the people that are being unfairly matched and losing as a result??? CG show us the exact matching process and give us evidence that these apparent mismatches aren't real...

So far I think there is plenty of proof on here to show mismatches is common, it tends to be the winners that complain about our complaints, well even the 1 TW we won was a mismatch in our favour, that doesn't mean it is ok!!!!!!
    This is the Way
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    my evidence is in my other post but the post where we are told to comment about mismatches doesn't seem to actually get looked at... a 20% higher Guild GP but that's all I can tell you as the Guild shows no-one on swgoh.gg... So how do you know how many sign up... Every time this has happened we get hammered in TW, If we are not given the correct tools to measure TW matches how do we actually prove it's a mismatch... So if they have 38 join and we have 38 join and they have a 20% increase in GP, we are hoping that their 38 that join are the 38 lowest GP members to maybe match our top 38??? Which I know for a fact that our top 38 GP members haven't joined... For the match to be fair the GP of those joined must be used, show me this is happening, let us see the proof? Why is the burden of proof put on the people that are being unfairly matched and losing as a result??? CG show us the exact matching process and give us evidence that these apparent mismatches aren't real...

So far I think there is plenty of proof on here to show mismatches is common, it tends to be the winners that complain about our complaints, well even the 1 TW we won was a mismatch in our favour, that doesn't mean it is ok!!!!!!

You know how many signed up by the number of slots. Slots*2 is the number of signed up of the guild with least number. i.e. 21 slots means either 41 or 42 signed up.
  • Options
    OK, so 17 which is 33/34... We had 39 sign up, so that means they are playing their 34 vs. our 39 but it's ok because their 34 GP = our 39 GP
    so their 33/34 must be close to our 39 in overall GP = 85m
    so their average GP per player is 2.5m vs our 2.1m and this is the Fair matching process...

Ok... Now I understand...
    This is the Way
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So if they have 38 join and we have 38 join and they have a 20% increase in GP, we are hoping that their 38 that join are the 38 lowest GP members to maybe match our top 38???

You are matched by active GP so in this case you will also have matching average GP.
    For the match to be fair the GP of those joined must be used, show me this is happening, let us see the proof? Why is the burden of proof put on the people that are being unfairly matched and losing as a result??? CG show us the exact matching process and give us evidence that these apparent mismatches aren't real...

If you don't trust the official announcements about this I'd say the burden of proof is still on you to prove them wrong. Also, what good would it make to disclose the full details if you don't trust official announcements in the first place?

However, I have yet to see any proof that guilds aren't matched by active GP.

• Options
    OK, so 17 which is 33/34... We had 39 sign up, so that means they are playing their 34 vs. our 39 but it's ok because their 34 GP = our 39 GP
    so their 33/34 must be close to our 39 in overall GP = 85m
    so their average GP per player is 2.5m vs our 2.1m and this is the Fair matching process...

Ok... Now I understand...

Waqui this would be the based upon Active GP then...

I would expect that to review properly someone would need visibility of each Guild In TW with each Active Player and their GP. To my knowledge we don't have that ability to prove anything... We also can't see who they used to defeat territory by territory.

I get that the difference in toons is what then makes the war a war. I get that win or lose we get rewards. All I am really trying to say is we were asked to post mismatches on the forum, and there has been no feedback, so I posted in here instead, and guess what, I have feedback, some valuable some not so much but I appreciate people have taken the time to educate me and share their thoughts...
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

It's setup phase?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

It's setup phase?

In which case you've already been matched. No need to wait to document that your opponents "have nothing" compared to your g13s.

• Options
    The easiest solution would be to match guilds by total or average GP, or a mix thereof. Why reward guilds for having low TW participation rates?
  • Options

It's setup phase?

In which case you've already been matched. No need to wait to document that your opponents "have nothing" compared to your g13s.
    Ummmm...?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, OP, never going to happen. The devs don't actually play the game so have no concept of what constitutes good matchmaking.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

It's setup phase?

Ummmm...?

Your own claim/words:
    Haha yeah. I’m in a bad guild with my friends. I got g13s and stuff and our opponents have nothing so it’s easy wins.

• Options

It's setup phase?

Ummmm...?

Your own claim/words:

No I mean what’s your point? My point is that the matchmaking doesn’t take into account characters and stuff. What’s yours?
  • Options
    This has been my biggest complaint for a year because it should be an easy fix since it was already done for GAC
  • Options
    The horrible matchmaking is by far my biggest complaint with the game.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno Do you know if CG is workin at improvment of TW's matchmaking and to prevent 300KK GP guilds from INTENTIONAL droping members for the event to get better matchmaking for them?

As it not fun to play vs guild that has almost 1kk GP more at every guild member then my guild.

thank you in advance for the answer