Matchup in Territory Wars incomprehensible

DarkMaiden
3 posts Member
edited June 2020
Hello,

With my guild, we fight vs a guild with a much higher GP... Impossible for us to compete with them...

My Guild : 226M GP (217M registered in TW)
Guild opponent : 258M GP

x1ays1jdsuin.png

It's not funny for us because it's the third team with 30 or more GP than us.
I know that the matchup based on GP but with a guild not fairplay that register fewer members to fight a lower guild...

Thanks

Replies

• Usual questions...

You acknowledge that only 217M of your guild signed up. How many of their guild signed up? I’m going to guess that you were required to fill 21 teams per zone.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Yeah that's rough. You're probably better off to just not care about TW when you get these matchups, because CG is unlikely to fix it.
  • Usual questions...

You acknowledge that only 217M of your guild signed up. How many of their guild signed up? I’m going to guess that you were required to fill 21 teams per zone.

Obviously they have registered fewer players too. But their roster are much more provided. And of course, all their whales are registered ;)
  • So a 258M guild has whales, but a 226M guild is all ftp?
  • So a 258M guild has whales, but a 226M guild is all ftp?

It's an endless debate. There will always be guilds playing the "sandbag".
  • And there will always be guilds accusing other guilds of that
  • Haha :smile: it's obvious ^^
  • This was the TW where they had packs on the main screen during the join period instead of the TW icon. We didn't purposefully sandbag, but between people who have real life commitments or are feeling burnt out and people who didn't notice on discord or in game chat that they needed to join we were down 8 members iirc. For us TW is optional, but if you join you need to fully participate on attack and defense. Not everyone wants to participate in every TW, and we aren't gonna boot a great player for wanting to sit one out nor are we gonna force them to join and hurt all the people who do want to participate.

Matchmaking sucks, I get why you're annoyed. But we didn't sandbag purposefully. I'm guessing you didn't sandbag either, despite the fact that you were down ~9 million GP?