Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bearrock wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    Kyno you keep talking about having a conversation but so far the conversation is just one sided since CG doesn't think they have to respond to any of this.

Us here, can have a civil and constructive conversation about this and many other topics and those can drive change, despite what some may say.
    The Ahrnald thing, doesnt need to be addressed, IMO. I am hoping that other can realize that and I think some have.
    Should they make a statement addressing the somewhat disappointing interaction that we see that goes against previous statements they made. Probably, but it's not always that easy, especially quickly.

What we have seen is not the whole story, and they will not share details. This puts them in an interesting spot and probably what is leading to a lack of a response.

“Should they make a statement addressing the somewhat disappointing interaction that we see that goes against previous statements they made.”

You can just say negotiating with a cheater, linguistic gymnastics not required.

If you have seen what seems to be the leading up to that conversation you may have a different perspective on what you would call that.

We may or we may not. How could we know without being privy to the lead up to the conversation? (I assume you are implying that you're privy? Did CG share it with you or was it someone else? If someone else, is it credible and are you allowed to share it with the rest of the players? If CG, why is CG sharing case specific information? Or does their internal policy allow sharing such detail with mods who are not EA/CG employees even if not for distribution to the public?). At the end of the day, they gave a week off for cheating (is this admission that the email is legitimate btw? Or what lead up are we talking about? Or is this a hypothetical lead up that may or may not exist?).

Another if you knew what I know or might know, you may feel differently. Well, seeing as how the players don't have any shred of information on what that hypothetical knowledge might be, it really isn't of much use in evaluating CG's actions.
    the big thing is all these changes are easy and hiding behind guild lines that they made is just lazy

You think they as a company should allow some external entity dictate when they do or do not follow their internal guidelines?

I'm pretty sure no company would ever agree that is a good idea.

A company uses customer feedback to consider departing from or amending internal guidelines. Pretty sure many companies would consider that to be an excellent idea.

I saw it on discord, I assume its from the same person who gave it to them, or maybe they had the whole thing this whole time, who knows

No CG doesnt share this stuff, as I have said.

I trust that information floating around as much as I trust the people who share it on YT.

I believe Bulldog said the account was banned for longer.

It's not just me, this was brought to my attention by a shard mate, it's not some secret thing I had to go out and find, people were just talking about it.

• Banned for longer likely cause the original punishment wasn't sufficient to discourage further wrongdoing. The fact that CG states they have a zero tolerance cheating policy and yet don't in practice is fraudulent behavior. This stated policy makes people feel safe to spend money while the practice drives spending further since the legitimate spender is trying to keep up with cheaters.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Kyno you keep talking about having a conversation but so far the conversation is just one sided since CG doesn't think they have to respond to any of this.

Us here, can have a civil and constructive conversation about this and many other topics and those can drive change, despite what some may say.
    The Ahrnald thing, doesnt need to be addressed, IMO. I am hoping that other can realize that and I think some have.
    Should they make a statement addressing the somewhat disappointing interaction that we see that goes against previous statements they made. Probably, but it's not always that easy, especially quickly.

What we have seen is not the whole story, and they will not share details. This puts them in an interesting spot and probably what is leading to a lack of a response.

“Should they make a statement addressing the somewhat disappointing interaction that we see that goes against previous statements they made.”

You can just say negotiating with a cheater, linguistic gymnastics not required.

If you have seen what seems to be the leading up to that conversation you may have a different perspective on what you would call that.

Show me the lead up and I would be more than happy to change my perspective.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • It would be really nice to know the following information since last September, when the zero tolerance post went out

- Number of bans for cheating
    - Number of permanent bans for cheating, first offenses
    - Average length of non-permanent bans
    - Number of non-permanent bans based on mitigating factors such as cooperation
    - Whether player's spending level has ever been used as a mitigating factor and if so, how many cases.

Seems to me none of this information would violate any reasonable policy regarding player privacy.
  • MD0546 wrote: »

Do you not think that addressing the recent controversies by saying that they can’t go into any specifics of the cases and give their reasons (legal, business etc.) would quell some of the flames? Even if not all/ the majority of them, I think many would argue that that would look better than no communication at all... maybe I’m wrong with that thought though!

I think you're correct. If some of the things that Kyno and others said came directly from cg it would reduce the no communication complaints and would stop.the speculation. It disgusts me that someone there apparently negotiated with cheaters, not sure anything will make me ok with it. All my other concerns can be reduced if not alleviated with some communication.
  • How many times a day do you need to be reassured?

How about once a month?
  • Kyno wrote: »

You realize that if they are giving volunteers information that they aren't giving everyone that's part of the issue?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

You realize that if they are giving volunteers information that they aren't giving everyone that's part of the issue?

I didnt see it from them. As I said, someone was talking about it in my shard chat and I saw it in discord.

Show me the lead up and I would be more than happy to change my perspective.

It is not my information to share, sorry. I just feel like if that's all there is, then it would have been nice to see all of it when the "story broke". Even Bulldog had information that wasnt shared in the video that was relevant and should have been part of the narrative.