Another TW, another horrible matchmaking system that is a 48m GP difference

rymas1
35 posts Member
edited June 2020
Something needs to be done about the Sandbagging matches for TW. This is the equivalent of a very good FPS player intentionally scuttling his rank so he can get matched with a lower powered/skilled enemy to win the matchup.

Regardless of how many sign up, in what world is a 262m GP guild a fair matchup for a 310m Whale guild that is down 8-9 players? They have 32 GL Reys and 22 SLKRs. My guild has 9 Reys and 3 SLKRs. What is the point in even trying this TW?

It is almost as if this is to reward whale guilds by allowing them to scuttle their active GP to get these matchups. Can someone please at least acknowledge that this seems on paper to be unfair matchmaking? We call it Sandbagging but if you can tell me this is WAI I have a bridge to sell you...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• rymas1 wrote: »
    Something needs to be done about the Sandbagging matches for TW. This is the equivalent of a very good FPS player intentionally scuttling his rank so he can get matched with a lower powered/skilled enemy to win the matchup.

Regardless of how many sign up, in what world is a 262m GP guild a fair matchup for a 310m Whale guild that intentionally sits 8-9 players? They have 32 GL Reys and 22 SLKRs. My guild has 9 Reys and 3 SLKRs. What is the point in even trying this TW?

It is almost as if this is to reward whale guilds by allowing them to scuttle their active GP to get these matchups. Can someone please at least acknowledge that this seems on paper to be unfair matchmaking? We call it Sandbagging but if you can tell me this is WAI I have a bridge to sell you...
    Proof it’s intentional?
  • We just got matched up against a guild with 30 GL and we have 17... Last round we had was against a guild with only a couple. It’s all over the place.
  • Preach. Change the system
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    rymas1 wrote: »

Regardless of how many sign up, in what world is a 262m GP guild a fair matchup for a 310m Whale guild that intentionally sits 8-9 players? They have 32 GL Reys and 22 SLKRs. My guild has 9 Reys and 3 SLKRs. What is the point in even trying this TW?

Proof it’s intentional?

I fixed the post for you. Now let's stay on topic and discuss how it's fair.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    rymas1 wrote: »

Proof it’s intentional?

I fixed the post for you. Now let's stay on topic and discuss how it's fair.
    No, it isn’t fair, that’s for sure.

2 solutions, one of which I’ve mentioned many times:
    - match on active GP & signed up players
    - If such a matchup can’t be found, award that guild second place prizes 😉
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    If you would use the GAC logic... Top X Chars and not total GP.
    Just another broken MM but people won't see it...

I would go for some sort of tournament for TW aswell.
  • It sucks to be on the other end of a bad match up too. We got matched with a guild 24m less than us and we have 3x the GLs. We don't sandbag but we encourage those who don't have time to devote to the attack phase to sit out and we also forces those who didn't attack in the previous war to sit out so we're down to 42 and we're gonna wreck this other guild.
  • The question whether the "sandbagging" was intentional or not isn't even the main concern. The fact THAT those matchups happen so often is the main problem. It doesn't matter whether it was intentional or not, because the lower guild will get crushed 99% of the time either way. Why can't they change the matchmaking to work similar to GAC that considers top X characters? Another option could be matching based on active GP AND number of participants. And if no guild with equal participants was found then a margin of -/+ 1-3 players could be applied. But these 40 vs 50 matchups need to stop, regardless of it being intentional or not. If a guild goes in with 42, then match them up with another guild with approximately 42. Simple as that.