Help me I'm drowning in an ocean of content

Replies

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    CG: RA is coming in June, also we've been working on a new delivery system that will allow us to push more actual content, more quickly.
    OP, on June 12: gaaaaaaah nooooo content!!

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

RA: announced content. So...

lol @ thinking it would come right after announcement.

The "delivery of an endless well of fresh content" comment was made in the January Q&A, but hey, if straw mans help you make your point...

That might be where that quote is from, but the promises of new content are in Q&As from last year. Look at the October and November ones.
  • Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    But they made JLS for like 800 people.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Joebo720 wrote: »

#iamthe800
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »

#iamthe800

But not #the882. ;)
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Look, the truth of the story is if you looking for weekly events you are playing the wrong game. Maybe that will change in the future with that new mode they talked about. If you are looking for a game that does not take a lot of time to play you are playing the right game.

This is the truth. SWGOH has not produced any long lasting worthwhile events for almost a year. I am not complaining just stating facts as I see them.

As a player of MSF there are ever changing events with lots of communication. But to be fair, each event is a reskin of a previous event. Again, not a complaint just the way I see it.

Currently I do enjoy playing MSF more than SWGOH. However, I like SW more than Marvel. But for me it not one game vs the other. I play both. Currently I spend about 15-30 minutes in SWGOH and an hour or so (depending on who the blitz character is) in MSF.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Missed the part where there was a 2 week time limit on "future."
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Look, the truth of the story is if you looking for weekly events you are playing the wrong game. Maybe that will change in the future with that new mode they talked about. If you are looking for a game that does not take a lot of time to play you are playing the right game.

Those aren't mutually exclusive either. I played a game before this one that put out weekly events and that didn't stop everybody from complaining daily that the game was dead because the events didn't take a week to get through so they were still bored as soon as they finished them.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Those aren't mutually exclusive either. I played a game before this one that put out weekly events and that didn't stop everybody from complaining daily that the game was dead because the events didn't take a week to get through so they were still bored as soon as they finished them.

Wwhwhhhhaaaaatttttt? People like to complain about things? Who knew?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

You must have also missed the months since they claimed that and now

You might want to go back and read what I responded to again. It has not been months since the RA announced galactic challenges.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    On the bright side MSF did just announce a new game mode with the next update.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    CG: RA is coming in June, also we've been working on a new delivery system that will allow us to push more actual content, more quickly.

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

The "delivery of an endless well of fresh content" comment was made in the January Q&A, but hey, if straw mans help you make your point...

yes, they talked about a new delivery system that would make it so they could release more content more quickly. sorry, I'm not understanding your point. Is it that this new delivery system hasn't delivered yet? or? srs q
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Half this thread:
    CG is yet to deliver on what they said they would be working towards this year and have instead churned out cash cow after cash cow. More than half the year has elapsed and the playerbase is yet to receive anything substantive or meaningful.

The other half of this thread:
    "Well, technically..."
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

yes, they talked about a new delivery system that would make it so they could release more content more quickly. sorry, I'm not understanding your point. Is it that this new delivery system hasn't delivered yet? or? srs q

Ya, that was back in January. Nobody but you brought up the RA and then tried to ridicule the thread for complaining that nothing had been delivered only x days after the RA when no one was talking about the RA post. You tried to turn complaints that no content had been delivered for more than 6 months into irrational complaints that no content had been delivered in a few days.

My intent was to point out your poor attempt at a straw man.

srs a.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Half this thread:
    CG is yet to deliver on what they said they would be working towards this year and have instead churned out cash cow after cash cow. More than half the year has elapsed and the playerbase is yet to receive anything substantive or meaningful.

The other half of this thread:
    "Well, technically..."

Yes you are correct and so is the other half saying that this year is still going. So yeah, technically they have yet to fail.

Thats the great thing about games, you can play multiple ones, especially mobile games.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

Ya, that was back in January. Nobody but you brought up the RA and then tried to ridicule the thread for complaining that nothing had been delivered only x days after the RA when no one was talking about the RA post. You tried to turn complaints that no content had been delivered for more than 6 months into irrational complaints that no content had been delivered in a few days.

srs a.

so in January they said they were working on new delivery system, then 6 months later during the covid thing they announced the first new content from, I assume, that new delivery system, but something something about me bringing up the RA that announced that new content? ok then
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

srs a.

so in January they said they were working on new delivery system, then 6 months later during the covid thing they announced the first new content from, I assume, that new delivery system, but something something about me bringing up the RA that announced that new content? ok then

Lol, now your gonna throw in the covid thing.

You do you, sounds fun.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    I look forward to CG delivering something as bland and lackluster as the abhorrent GL events which got upsold so much.
    Have them (in the last quarter) deliver something that bad but also replayable.
    And then have all these same people say "it is technically 'endless content'" and proceed to push the idea that all other phrases used by CG are subjective and you're responsible for your own expectations.
  • TVF wrote: »

Bow down to the god of It-is-what-it-is-m!!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

Ya, that was back in January. Nobody but you brought up the RA and then tried to ridicule the thread for complaining that nothing had been delivered only x days after the RA when no one was talking about the RA post.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    That’s all we have for today, but we look forward to sharing more details about Galactic Challenges in future posts!

Over two weeks later annnnnnnnndddd.....nothing. Good thing I have MSF to play!

Hmmmmmmm
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    People really need to start actually reading threads before making pronouncements about what “nobody has said.”
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

WHELP

July 8 still no content

WHELP indeed @Gifafi

Ya, that was back in January. Nobody but you brought up the RA and then tried to ridicule the thread for complaining that nothing had been delivered only x days after the RA when no one was talking about the RA post.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    That’s all we have for today, but we look forward to sharing more details about Galactic Challenges in future posts!

Over two weeks later annnnnnnnndddd.....nothing. Good thing I have MSF to play!

Hmmmmmmm

Yes? That post was again made after gifafui brought up the RA which no one was talking about and was likely posted only because gifafi brought up the RA. Then you take that piece of data and run with it to prove your straw man, that’s kinda how they work.

Good job.
This discussion has been closed.