I think it’s a Death Star raid

2Next

Replies

• ZAP wrote: »
    I don’t believe anything they tell us. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a raid or something raid like.

Yeah, it’s disappointing when people say one thing but mean another. Like the title of this thread, for example.

Comparing random forum posters with paid professionals that develop the game we play is strange.
    Not comparing. My humour isn’t for all, I got you.
    Anyway, thread title got edited.

Goes to show the forums can affect change!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    I don’t believe anything they tell us. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a raid or something raid like.

Yeah, it’s disappointing when people say one thing but mean another. Like the title of this thread, for example.

Comparing random forum posters with paid professionals that develop the game we play is strange.
    Not comparing. My humour isn’t for all, I got you.
    Anyway, thread title got edited.

Goes to show the forums can affect change!

I thought it was my "boycott"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    I soo hope there’s a Death Star raid AND ships are in it as a stage.🙏🏻
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Mupper00 wrote: »

This would make sense with the new Empire ship recently released...

Edit: And the Rebel Y-Wing!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Mupper00 wrote: »

I'm a big weirdo and would personally love a blend of TBs and raids. A raid where all the phases are active at once, with each phase powering another part.

For instance, back when Phantom Menace was released there was a boardgame called Queen's Gambit that modelled the Battle of Naboo. You had a section that was the Gungan battle against the Droid Army where you would get cards that you would use in another section of the board that was the Padme raid on the palace (and a sub-section of that same board that was the duel between Maul and Obi-Wan, the survivor would be able to join the palace raid). There was a space section of the board that represented the Naboo pilots attack on the control ship, and I remember that defeating it was important but don't remember how... I just remember that the only win condition was Padme reaching Nute.

But, anyway, using Naboo and Queen's Gambit as an example, you could have a section of the raid that is the storming of the palace, a section of the raid that is the space battle, and a section that is the land battle with the droids. Progress in space makes the land battle easier, progress in the land battle makes the palace battle easier, and the palace battle is the one that matters.

How to actually implement all this? Shoot, I don't know, But Milton Bradley did it!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.