No synergy suggestion with revan?

Why JKL does not have synergy suggestion with JKR, but has synergy with GAS?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Because his abilities basically say "Excluding old republic". Read the Dev Insights post. To overpowered with OR, plus other reasons.
  • Options
    I didn't read his kit reveal haha
  • Options
    I feel like OR should change their synergy. Not the other way around. But I’m just a pleb not a dev.
  • Stryder80211
    52 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Agreed. Keep the removal of OR synergy with JKL and nerf JKR synergy with all Jedi (OR only; welcome back, Juhani). Give players a year's notice that the change is happening. Offer to refund zetas and gear. Who cares? I'd keep every single move I made for JKR (he's gear 8, no zetas for me, but I don't mind about all the benefits everybody else has received for two years and I don't care if you get all your stuff back to beat me senseless next time 'round). Remove overpowered synergy so new toons don't need exceptions in their abilities.
    Post edited by Stryder80211 on
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing it's really doing is preventing you from running him as a second Hoda under JKR himself.
    Optimal team's likely JKL/GMY/Hoda/Bastilla/GK, because you basically can't remove Bastilla from a team running GMY unless it actually breaks the team, which it doesn't. His abilities just don't affect OR chars, rather than breaking them, meaning you can easily run 1 OR char on the team if it means your entire team gets insane buffs.

He's also still a legit option for running under JKR for raids or even pvp, due to the simple fact he buffs GMY even more. But you're probably better running the aforementioned JKL team and then a secondary JKR team with the rest of OR and random chars like Ezra, etc. because JKL's lead actually kinda seems better than JKR's in content where characters don't die (raids) or against any high-speed defense team (goodbye, 300 speed DR teams. Was nice knowing you.)

I'm not really sure what they actually intended here other than countering making JKR stronger as a team, as the inspirations mentions "keeping your JKR teams together", but JKL is obviously a better team for GMY than JKR is, and removing GMY means you're likely removing Bastilla as well because the team-wide buff spread > the revan interactions, and then you're obviously going to run GK on JKL since it's now your best Jedi team, which means... oh, right. JKR just lost 3/5 characters, regardless of which team comp you ran, GK or Hoda. It's now just JKR + Jolee, and you're going to have to find 3 replacements. (literally might see Juhani back in action just because of a lack of lightside tanks at this point... Rey taking Chewie, CLS taking Old ben, Padme or JKL taking GK... Traya potentially taking Kanan... like really. Who in the world are you running as a tank for JKR now? It's either Juhani or Old ben if you're running Cara on CLS instead.) - Phoenix is likely perma-dead now, since you're likely losing both Ezra and Kanan to other teams almost permanently, as well. (even if you don't wanna run Kanan + Traya as your anti-geo team, Kanan would definitely be the next best tank for JKR or JKL, so yeah.)
  • Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    The ONLY thing it's really doing is preventing you from running him as a second Hoda under JKR himself.
    Optimal team's likely JKL/GMY/Hoda/Bastilla/GK, because you basically can't remove Bastilla from a team running GMY unless it actually breaks the team, which it doesn't. His abilities just don't affect OR chars, rather than breaking them, meaning you can easily run 1 OR char on the team if it means your entire team gets insane buffs.

He's also still a legit option for running under JKR for raids or even pvp, due to the simple fact he buffs GMY even more. But you're probably better running the aforementioned JKL team and then a secondary JKR team with the rest of OR and random chars like Ezra, etc. because JKL's lead actually kinda seems better than JKR's in content where characters don't die (raids) or against any high-speed defense team (goodbye, 300 speed DR teams. Was nice knowing you.)

I'm not really sure what they actually intended here other than countering making JKR stronger as a team, as the inspirations mentions "keeping your JKR teams together", but JKL is obviously a better team for GMY than JKR is, and removing GMY means you're likely removing Bastilla as well because the team-wide buff spread > the revan interactions, and then you're obviously going to run GK on JKL since it's now your best Jedi team, which means... oh, right. JKR just lost 3/5 characters, regardless of which team comp you ran, GK or Hoda. It's now just JKR + Jolee, and you're going to have to find 3 replacements. (literally might see Juhani back in action just because of a lack of lightside tanks at this point... Rey taking Chewie, CLS taking Old ben, Padme or JKL taking GK... Traya potentially taking Kanan... like really. Who in the world are you running as a tank for JKR now? It's either Juhani or Old ben if you're running Cara on CLS instead.) - Phoenix is likely perma-dead now, since you're likely losing both Ezra and Kanan to other teams almost permanently, as well. (even if you don't wanna run Kanan + Traya as your anti-geo team, Kanan would definitely be the next best tank for JKR or JKL, so yeah.)

Now with this character we have 2 good jedi leader for the ls geo tb