Need help - newish player

Prev1
Ian_Roche11
9 posts Member
edited June 2020
Hi just struggling to wrap my head around what squad to make up and don’t want to waste my time on bad characters I’ve done a bit of research but still can’t get a satisfying squad out of the characters I have, any help on who to get next too would be appreciated, thanks guys and girls 5r8uou0v88f1.png
efjwykxl4g6f.png
ucbfp7jaqh4ky.png

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Doesn’t matter what you pick. It will be obsolete in a month.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Doesn’t matter what you pick. It will be obsolete in a month.

Hahaha appreciate the honesty but still doesn’t solve my issues my guy
  • Players used to start with Phoenix squad back in the day since they can get both Thrawn and Palpatine legendaries without much effort. Dunno who people start with nowadays though
  • Players used to start with Phoenix squad back in the day since they can get both Thrawn and Palpatine legendaries without much effort. Dunno who people start with nowadays though

Yeah they still are the way but just had no interest in them hahaha wanted to try something different and ended up with a bit of everything
  • TGDXHyp3z
    74 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Hey welcome to SWGOH! Start by farming the Phoenix Squadron (Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Zeb and Chopper) they will unlock Thrawn and Palpatine which are both Empire (both Legendary Events which you can find on the journey guide) who then after you will only have to farm three other Empire toons to get R2-D2.
    Kanan and Ezra will be your two Jedi. So farm three others to get yourself Grand Master Yoda highly recommend Old Ben Kenobi as one of them as later on he will get you CLS.
    To find Thrawn, Palpatine and Grand Master Yoda click on your daily challenges (bottom right on the main holotable screen and youll see the Journey Guide where all Legendary characters are.

Hope ive helped you in a way, would highly recommend looking up Ahnaldt101 videos on youtube for beginner guides.

May the force be with you!
    Hope you enjoy the game!
  • You should do separatists. They can get padme and are endgame viable
  • TGDXHyp3z wrote: »
    Hey welcome to SWGOH! Start by farming the Phoenix Squadron (Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Zeb and Chopper) they will unlock Thrawn and Palpatine which are both Empire (both Legendary Events which you can find on the journey guide) who then after you will only have to farm three other Empire toons to get R2-D2.
    Kanan and Ezra will be your two Jedi. So farm three others to get yourself Grand Master Yoda highly recommend Old Ben Kenobi as one of them as later on he will get you CLS.
    To find Thrawn, Palpatine and Grand Master Yoda click on your daily challenges (bottom right on the main holotable screen and youll see the Journey Guide where all Legendary characters are.

Hope ive helped you in a way, would highly recommend looking up Ahnaldt101 videos on youtube for beginner guides.

May the force be with you!
    Hope you enjoy the game!

Appreciate you man thanks, and watch his videos always check YouTube when starting games and his face was everywhere crazy what’s going on with him and capital games! Again thanks man guess there is no avoiding the Phoenix squad :((
  • Name in game is LXXIII Chief, 634-321-735 add my ally code so you can pinch my characters to get you past levels on light side and dark side battles
  • FlareStorm wrote: »
    You should do separatists. They can get padme and are endgame viable

Thanks man, you can see the picture can you? Just not sure if they actually came up or not, but yeah am tempted to do separatist seeing as I just love count dooku in the show and in the game and am very close to getting gunray, we shall see! Thanks again!
  • TGDXHyp3z wrote: »
    Name in game is LXXIII Chief, 634-321-735 add my ally code so you can pinch my characters to get you past levels on light side and dark side battles

Wow man much appreciated hate to have to put you through the pain of looking at my characters in your ally list but won’t say no, thanks!
  • TGDXHyp3z
    74 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    No worries bud anytime! It is crazy with whats going on and lets hope to something being done about it and not being left a side. I love Star Wars and dont want this game to vanish its a shame the devs make us think that they want it to vanish. You could farm Geos for Padme if you really want to avoid Phoenix Squadron!

• FlareStorm wrote: »
    You should do separatists. They can get padme and are endgame viable

Thanks man, you can see the picture can you? Just not sure if they actually came up or not, but yeah am tempted to do separatist seeing as I just love count dooku in the show and in the game and am very close to getting gunray, we shall see! Thanks again!
    You should probably go after magna, nute, dooku, b2, and a fifth. Then eventually go after geos and grievous
  • Separatist Droids aren't a bad choice actually. They can help you get Padme and 4 of them are required for General Skywalker. 501st clones with Shaak Ti aren't a bad choice either
  • Like In the pictures I posted on this discussion (which I’m still not sure if anyone can see) I do have the basis for a 1st order team ye guys think they aren’t good so I imagine? Because unmasked kylo seems decent in game would be a shame to throw it away
  • FlareStorm
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Like In the pictures I posted on this discussion (which I’m still not sure if anyone can see) I do have the basis for a 1st order team ye guys think they aren’t good so I imagine? Because unmasked kylo seems decent in game would be a shame to throw it away
    First order is a great faction, and they let you get SLKR, but their not immediately necessary to farm.
  • I’m newish as well so I have no advice but wanted to let you know that I can see the pictures :wink: I noticed no one acknowledged that they are indeed visible.
  • Phoenix are a safe bet, seps are fun to start with, you can also pull together a FO squad or a empire/troopers squad as well

just go with whoever you like the most lol
  • Don't stop farming kru. You are getting his ship as well as him. If you can have him at 5 stars by the time your at level 60, you will have a big jump on ships. You dont have to go all first order but key has a good ship and is the easiest to get a 7 star pilot and ship in the game(both shards on a low cost cantina node). Ship battles are hard.

Somebody reccomended separatist droids. They are a great squad, yes. But not for early players. Magnaguard and b2 aren't bad farms. Grevious is only available from the shard shop or fleet arena store. When you get access to the fleet store, there are better things to go for at first. Droideka is a hard node farm and takes a long time. B1 won't be accessible until well after level 85. I get number 1 in my fleet Arena daily, and still can't 3 star his node.

Stop leveling up your weak characters. You will be short on credits from level 50 until well past 85.
  • Phoenix = 🤮

I’ve been lvl 85 for awhile and I still don’t have him at 7 stars
  • A couple reasons for Phoenix early is that yes they are terrible once you start getting higher levels. You don't want to be level 85 and farming a weak team like them. Thrawn is badass, and getting him early is nice. Also, their health and protection regeneration will help you get through galactic war. Last is their ships are pretty good, and relatively easy to get once you unlock the fleet arena store
  • Tbh I don’t see many situations where I need Thrawn right now. And Phoenix is so far down my grind list I’ll probably never bother with that trash 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Tbh I don’t see many situations where I need Thrawn right now. And Phoenix is so far down my grind list I’ll probably never bother with that trash 🤷🏻‍♂️

He's an awesome character. Mod him fast, and he neutralizes annoying characters. Bossk, Talzin, and the geo brute are usually non factors for me when I battle those teams. Also, his capital ship is great if you don't have a faction specific fleet yet. Also chimera is needed for hoth and geo dark side TB missions. I suppose you could just unlock him at 5 stars though for a minimal investment for his ship.
  • Chimaera would be the last of all the capital ships I’d upgrade. While Thrawn can be useful, I haven’t yet encountered many situations where I’ve thought “Oh I need him”.

I think I might have him at 5 stars but I can’t be bothered with him anywho
  • Chimaera would be the last of all the capital ships I’d upgrade. While Thrawn can be useful, I haven’t yet encountered many situations where I’ve thought “Oh I need him”.

So Mace's Cap ship is better?
  • No, but I did use his ship for GAS P1 since I didn’t have Kenobi’s Negotiator at 7 stars at the time. For utility, yes, Mace’s Endurance actually had a use for me.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    Chimaera would be the last of all the capital ships I’d upgrade. While Thrawn can be useful, I haven’t yet encountered many situations where I’ve thought “Oh I need him”.

Maces ship is regarded as the worst in the game. I feel differently than scrum. Chimera has been very useful for me. I think you'll find most people disagree with scrum on the usefulness of Thrawn.

But there are many ways to build your roster. I, for one, refuse to invest in geos, because I don't like them. I know they're a powerful team, and great for GAC and and TW defense, but they're not fun for me(unless I'm beating them).

This must be a troll post, because this is terrible advice. Thrawn as a toon is incredibly good all things considered, super versatile. But if you only have him at 5* then I guess you would hardly know anyway. Meanwhile Chimaera is also incredibly good, equally versatile and pretty much the third best capital ship. Can't go wrong with Thrawn and his ride.
  • Here was my thoughts with Capital Ships, including the Finalizer and the Raddus

- You need Ackbar for a Rebel fleet. No way around it.
    - You need Executrix for the Fleet zeta challenge, and his AOE is deadly. Great Empire fleet lead. One or 2 of Geo DSTB fleet missions require him.
    - Most people will need Endurance for P1 of GAS unless they’re in a guild that provides enough GET2 for a 7 star Negotiator.
    - Negotiator and Malevolence are 2 powerhouses of fleet arena. Pretty much the best fleets overall in the game.
    - Finalizer runs off of speed, so the fleet can really hit you hard right out of the gate.
    - Raddus can permanently remove the opposing capital ship from play

- Thrawns ship? Most of the Thrawn fleets I’ve seen in the past have used Geos, which you wouldn’t run with if you have the Malevolence. There is one Geo DSTB fleet mission that requires him..

Long term, Thrawn’s ship just isn’t useful imo.

As for Thrawn himself, I haven’t really found myself in a situation where I thought “I need to fracture the enemy”.

For the OP if he were to go Separatists from the start, he’d immediately have a strong arena team. Geos or droids. If he gets Geos, that’s an easy Segway to their ships. And when he unlocks Malevolence can punch up through Negotiator fleets.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Moorebid wrote: »
    Chimaera would be the last of all the capital ships I’d upgrade. While Thrawn can be useful, I haven’t yet encountered many situations where I’ve thought “Oh I need him”.

But there are many ways to build your roster. I, for one, refuse to invest in geos, because I don't like them. I know they're a powerful team, and great for GAC and and TW defense, but they're not fun for me(unless I'm beating them).

second this point, I've found that you get the most fun out of farming up squads you actually like using. I've farmed a few I don't really like because they're good in the game but the most fun I've had is from squads I really connect with and enjoy using, even if they aren't top tier teams

whats the point in playing if you aren't having fun?
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Don't stop farming kru. You are getting his ship as well as him. If you can have him at 5 stars by the time your at level 60, you will have a big jump on ships. You dont have to go all first order but key has a good ship and is the easiest to get a 7 star pilot and ship in the game(both shards on a low cost cantina node). Ship battles are hard.

Somebody reccomended separatist droids. They are a great squad, yes. But not for early players. Magnaguard and b2 aren't bad farms. Grevious is only available from the shard shop or fleet arena store. When you get access to the fleet store, there are better things to go for at first. Droideka is a hard node farm and takes a long time. B1 won't be accessible until well after level 85. I get number 1 in my fleet Arena daily, and still can't 3 star his node.

Stop leveling up your weak characters. You will be short on credits from level 50 until well past 85.

Thanks man, have been working on kru since and have unlocked Vader since and working on him, starting to think captain phasma isn’t all that great in the team but struggling to find a better leader.