The reaction of the community

Prev1345
MorfidiousRen
1 posts Member
edited June 2020
I was listening to the Shattered Order podcast and they talked about the behavior of the fans during the JKL. Fans were spamming Ahnaldts name over and over for the entire 4 hr event. Fans also told Crumb to F off repeatedly. Moderators has to work overtime removing all the foul language off the chat. I know everyone’s **** but why would CG ever want to engage with the community with that type of behavior
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agreed. I don't always like the direction CG takes with the game, but there are constructive ways to voice your frustrations that don't involve acting like a petulant child.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Pretty sure it's because said company (CG) has decided not to communicate with the player base for like the last 6 months, later on instead of addressing the community they decided to add another paywall character even though they are 3 months late for their road ahead.
    So yeah I much rather talk about the behavior of the company or lack of it, instead of what some people of the community have done

They haven’t communicated in 6 months? Paywall? Lol?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ROFLMAO @ this thread.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's because said company (CG) has decided not to communicate with the player base for like the last 6 months, later on instead of addressing the community they decided to add another paywall character even though they are 3 months late for their road ahead.
    So yeah I much rather talk about the behavior of the company or lack of it, instead of what some people of the community have done

They haven’t communicated in 6 months? Paywall? Lol?

Do you not consider having to relic 7 toons a big investment that would require the expenditure of both physical and virtual currencies?

Also communication has not been good for several months no. Have they communicated with game updates regarding new packs and characters? Yes. Have they delivered vague and hollow Q&A’s that didn’t answer any pressing question the community has had? Yes. Have they delivered any meaningful communication regarding upcoming events/content, explanation for lack of playable content, or a road ahead that’s already 3 months late? No.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I was listening to the Shattered Order podcast and they talked about the behavior of the fans during the JKL. Fans were spamming Ahnaldts name over and over for the entire 4 hr event. Fans also told Crumb to F off repeatedly. Moderators has to work overtime removing all the foul language off the chat. I know everyone’s **** but why would CG ever want to engage with the community with that type of behavior

The problem is that fans are rightfully frustrated and at the end of their ropes with CG. The Ahnald spam was a call for them to address the situation and why they lied about zero tolerance with cheaters but rather, if you pay enough we can negotiate your punishment.
    The personal attacks on crumb though I don’t condone. Be upset but do it to the right people. That poor guy can’t win because I truly believe he wants to tell us everything but his higher ups have him under a gag order, so he can’t.

The frustration and the anger at CG as a whole is warranted though. However it needs to be directed at those deserving of it, not crumb.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You mean the community who got no content in months, no word on the cheater thing, no road ahead, but they got a new shiny whalebait instead? Yeah, wonder why they are angry. The community isn't the disgraceful one...
  • 50BC
    101 posts Member
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    50BC wrote: »
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.

Problem is that ppl see the example of other games treating their communities like 10x better than CG. And only reason CG can get away with it, is because this is Star Wars brand game.
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    They deserve all the backlash they are getting. The most disturbing part of the last several months is that they are getting even more predatory than ever before in the middle of a pandemic. It's irresponsible and sickening imo. It's taking advantage of a passionate SW community desperate for a great SW mobile game to play. A community that has hung on to their word that great new content is coming and the game will get better.

The GL's, JKL, selling mods with 6 speed seeds when many probably thought they were somehow "special" mods, Claiming improving the game for players is "too expensive". JKL is worse than the GL's imo due to the lead time on the event starting and having it last only a week.

It all smacks of a company that is both completely ignorant to the state of their game and tone deaf to the pleas of the player community.

Maybe things will change after the last two years of the license are up but I don't hold out any hope that there is anything more than events like JKL we can look forward to until then in this iteration of SWGOH.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I don’t like JKL, but stop thinking that the people who attack CG so ferociously are attacking rationally. Obviously cursing at CG isn’t going to help anyone; most people just don’t know how to control their rage. Don’t justify the swearing; protest with your money and your intelligence.
  • Telling Crumb to F off repeatedly during the puzzle is disgraceful. If you don’t like the game then quit or stop spending. How do you think Crumb must have felt over the weekend?
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Telling Crumb to F off repeatedly during the puzzle is disgraceful. If you don’t like the game then quit or stop spending. How do you think Crumb must have felt over the weekend?

I imagine he felt pretty awesome, marinating the company bbq meat in the tears of the community.

I know you are joking, but if he genuinely felt that way then he really shouldn't be working in the position he is on.
  • Well, I won't justify the behaviour of some of those trolls. I was there during the latter half of the puzzle solving and it got really annoying, and the admins were IMO too friendly and late with the banning.

But then again, people have tried constructive and calm. For almost a year now.

If whispering and talking doesn't work, then screaming is in every sense of the purpose the next most harmless thing to do. The less CG listens the worse this will escalate because that's the only thing it can, really. When people want to be heard, they will gradually become more volatile in their methods, until they either are heard of the receiving party openly admits to ignoring. That's kind of a very basic piece of knowledge with human behaviour in every aspect of communication, not just for this game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Telling Crumb to F off repeatedly during the puzzle is disgraceful. If you don’t like the game then quit or stop spending. How do you think Crumb must have felt over the weekend?

It would be disgraceful if the situation was different. Now, it's entirely justified.
  • Chmilk2
    69 posts Member
    Those weren't real members of the community. It was Russian trolls and Antifa. You heard it here first.
    J/p
  • Oh and the disgrace is with CG for letting things get this bad

This. So much this.

I agree it's a bit immature to go on an aggressive rant at any opportunity, but there is dissent and dissatisfaction - so people revolt. Look at all the protests and issues going on in the world now ( actually they've been going on for decades for the last 4 decades I can remember these sort of things happening regularly.)

If no one responds the voices get louder and riots ensue. Does it make it right? No. But they only have to look in the mirror to understand why people are being so antagonistic towards them.

They deserve every ounce of resentment and rudeness - they did it to themselves.

Oh and swear words are irrelevant, but I suppose it depends if you're in America where they consider swearing really rude - they need to grow thicker skin.
  • 50BC wrote: »

Remove star wars from this game and change it with any other universe and 80% of the player base will quit in 2 minutes, no one would put up with this company if it wasn't for star wars license.

People take it way to seriously because they have been asked to spend hundreds up on hundreds of dollars for each of their characters, now let me remind you what happened when EA said they wanted players to feel pride and accomplishment by unlocking Vader and Luke in starwars battlefront EA 2.

People are angry because they have been told to spend more money to unlock these 3 new toys, but they still haven't gotten the promise "content" for plus 6 months now, imagine if you were told you will get a brand new gaming computer if you score A on all of ur classes, now you got the A but your dad goes like oh you got what I asked for, ima go buy a pack of cigar.

Stop being so reasonable and accurate - it makes it hard for the CG sycophants to find a sphincter to insert their olfactory protrusions!
  • Telling Crumb to F off repeatedly during the puzzle is disgraceful. If you don’t like the game then quit or stop spending. How do you think Crumb must have felt over the weekend?

While I don't condone this, he did sign up for it when becoming a game's Community Manager.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Foul language, threats etc. I understand why people would do it but it’s not justified. In 2020 nobody accepts a job and should expect nor accept being abused.

However people repeatedly typing Ahnald gets the point across though.
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    This went from an attack on cg to stop bullying cg real quick.