The reaction of the community

Replies

• Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Qru666 wrote: »
    Foul language, threats etc. I understand why people would do it but it’s not justified. In 2020 nobody accepts a job and should expect nor accept being abused.

However people repeatedly typing Ahnald gets the point across though.

1) When you sign up for a job for a Star Wars game you are accepting the fact that there will be lots of people who hate you for what you do and will shower you with repeated threats.
    2) Does it really?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    the backlash from the community is justified. this game has become one of the biggest jokes in gaming. it wasnt always that way. never was perfect but was alot better and the downward slide that has taken us down a rabbit hole is why were here.

Theres a global pandemic and ea/cg wants $1000 for the average player to play the only content theyve released in months. So I dont feel bad one bit for telling ea/cg to stick it where the sun dont shine.

respect is a two way street and ea/cg hasnt respected the community for some time so why show them respect they havent earned?
  • Qru666 wrote: »
    Foul language, threats etc. I understand why people would do it but it’s not justified. In 2020 nobody accepts a job and should expect nor accept being abused.

However people repeatedly typing Ahnald gets the point across though.

threats I agree aren't on... but also it's laughable keyboard warrior rubbish. Swearing is such a non-event I don't understand the big deal on that though.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I totally get all the anger because this is a life or death situa-

Wait what?

This is just a game?

Oh, yikes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Wait what?

This is just a game?

Oh, yikes.

Should we not express our anger and concerns?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Zonder
    79 posts Member
    I was listening to the Shattered Order podcast and they talked about the behavior of the fans during the JKL. Fans were spamming Ahnaldts name over and over for the entire 4 hr event. Fans also told Crumb to F off repeatedly. Moderators has to work overtime removing all the foul language off the chat. I know everyone’s **** but why would CG ever want to engage with the community with that type of behavior

CG brought this upon themselves. Too long has the community edured their crap
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Wait what?

This is just a game?

Oh, yikes.

You mean it’s unheard of for people to be frustrated and angry that their monetary investment and time investment of the last few years is being devalued? Interesting. I don’t recall people acting like this is life or death but cool for always going to the extreme like always
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Hypocrisy and greed two things that humans find so endearing in organisations and others. I wonder why the whole thing was a fuster cluck.

This is a spokesperson for an organisation. Maybe they do not deserve to be treated as they were by some. Still doesn't take away from the glaring issues that have led to this.

A puzzle followed by more money grabbing is not going to temper those who are upset.

Ahnalds issue is a non issue, the account was not his he did not deserve it.
    This is just a game?

Oh, yikes.

22830 POSTS
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    I was listening to the Shattered Order podcast and they talked about the behavior of the fans during the JKL. Fans were spamming Ahnaldts name over and over for the entire 4 hr event. Fans also told Crumb to F off repeatedly. Moderators has to work overtime removing all the foul language off the chat. I know everyone’s **** but why would CG ever want to engage with the community with that type of behavior

I am also not for the spamming thing. It makes things worse. But again, they reflect what they feel from CGs attitude towards playerbase. If it would not for the other guild members, i would be long gone from this game.
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Please remember this isn’t some abused school child. It’s a multi million dollar company. They’re being shady and creating a bad product. If everyone just lets it go, it’s going to keep happening and worsening until the end.
  • Why is this post showing as edited by a mod? Could be legit but with no knowledge as to why this is a thing that's very weird why are mods editing our posts?
  • Bayaz
    4 posts Member
    You can’t be serious... CG releases nothing but paywalls, cancel hyped up developments, pay little to no attention to the community and then insult/target the biggest mouthpiece for the game (t101) and then you have the audacity to shame the community?
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    I like the kit. I understand the unlock requirements. But it's not Luke
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Lol so much salt over a post count and a refusal to get mad at the drop of a hat.

Here comes more, prove me wrong.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Lol so much salt over a post count and a refusal to get mad at the drop of a hat.

Don't believe anyone other than you implied it was a life or death thing, but given the post count it is clearly more the just a game to you.

There, now you can say told you so.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • 50BC wrote: »
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.

Dude, invest in your roster and then realize it's worthless cause a cheater can beat you at any time and then get away with it by talking to the top person at Capital Games. It is that serious. If you aren't spending money on this game regularly then you really shouldn't be popping off about people taking it to seriously. people have spent more on this game then a car or in some areas of the country a piece of land.

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Don't believe anyone other than you implied it was a life or death thing, but given the post count it is clearly more the just a game to you.

Some people play SWGOH when they get bored. But since there's no content, I play the forums.
  • Borat wrote: »
    Linkinxr wrote: »
    50BC wrote: »
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.

Dude, invest in your roster and then realize it's worthless cause a cheater can beat you at any time and then get away with it by talking to the top person at Capital Games. It is that serious. If you aren't spending money on this game regularly then you really shouldn't be popping off about people taking it to seriously. people have spent more on this game then a car or in some areas of the country a piece of land.

4 years plus playing this game, only 1 suspected cheater and that was about 3 years ago. Not sure this is such a big issue, just saying. but jump on Ahnalds band wagon if you must. Love the outrage over a snapshot of a message without any pre or post commentary from people actually involved. don't make judgements on less than all the facts. People forget that there are consumer laws that sometimes make it hard to take action we would all love to see, especially in other countries.

if you've only encountered one possible cheater then you aren't looking hard enough. I don't jump on ahnalds band wagon. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If someone had a picture of my wife cheating I would definitely want to hear what happened before and after to make my final judgement lololololol
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Some people play SWGOH when they get bored. But since there's no content, I play the forums.

Hmm, maybe you should put in a feature request to get a leaderboard added to the forum. Don't worry, kyno is a moderator so he doesn't count.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.