How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Replies

• I'm Captain of an oil rig supply ship in the North Sea.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    40, Nephrologist. :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I'm 32. I spent 10 years in the army and decided I'd had enough after three Iraq deployments and one to the sub-Saharan region of Africa. I'm now a police officer.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Did you follow House M.D. or just a coincidence? :smiley:
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    36 next month, the 29th. I run, open, and fix restaurants on a contract/consulting basis be it chains or mom and pop.
  • Rolf wrote: »

Can I sell a kidney?
    Lol kidding.
    I'll be honest I'd had to Google that to know what it was.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • I own a small trucking company. It consists of 7 FlowBoys and 2 tri-axle dumps. What's a Flow Boy you ask....

28lcakm.jpg
  • Oh and I'm 36.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    Rolf wrote: »
    Did you follow House M.D. or just a coincidence? :smiley:
    House was double boarded in Neph and Infectious Disease. Too much for me. ;)
    Rolf wrote: »

Can I sell a kidney?
    Lol kidding.
    I'll be honest I'd had to Google that to know what it was.
    Not surprised. Cardiologists get all the glory. We just get the pee...
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • I work with software engineering. I manage a great team, do some coding and code review. Plan things for people to do, do things without planning, and tackle some distributed computing problems for fun. I am 29, almost 30. Two kids, becoming SW fans. A lovely wife.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Lawyer and doctor (radiologist). Might have run into @scuba in the past...38 years old

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Lawyer and doctor (radiologist). Might have run into @scuba in the past...38 years old

I hide from radiologist they always ask the hard questions.. ;)
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    I work with software engineering. I manage a great team, do some coding and code review. Plan things for people to do, do things without planning, and tackle some distributed computing problems for fun. I am 29, almost 30. Two kids, becoming SW fans. A lovely wife.

Sure. Make us feel guilty about not giving props to the family :p
  • 37 years old, Anesthesiologist. Whats with all the doctors :)
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Engineer
  • Telaan wrote: »
    I'm 32. I spent 10 years in the army and decided I'd had enough after three Iraq deployments and one to the sub-Saharan region of Africa. I'm now a police officer.
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    37 years old, Anesthesiologist. Whats with all the doctors :)

Star Wars attracts a certain demographic that happens to be wealthy?
    Whales!!! :smiley:
  • Telaan wrote: »

Wow such diversity. Thanks for sharing telaan ^^
  • I own a small trucking company. It consists of 7 FlowBoys and 2 tri-axle dumps. What's a Flow Boy you ask....

28lcakm.jpg

If General Grievous were a truck... :love:
  • I'm Captain of an oil rig supply ship in the North Sea.

Gonna sounds like a broken record if I say wow one more time:D

But that's amazing star wars really attracted every kinda person.
  • 36 next month, the 29th. I run, open, and fix restaurants on a contract/consulting basis be it chains or mom and pop.

So like a wedding ringer but for restaurants :smiley:
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    I work with software engineering. I manage a great team, do some coding and code review. Plan things for people to do, do things without planning, and tackle some distributed computing problems for fun. I am 29, almost 30. Two kids, becoming SW fans. A lovely wife.

Coding has always interested me, sadly I never really learned more than basic JavaScript, cuss, html5 and python of you even really wanna call that coding lo
    Thank you for sharing!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    A hah! I was almost going to post something like this! Glad it came with the poll... I can see why I like this forum. There's a lot of *ahem* "mature" people on here!

39, chief operating officer of my family company. We sell and service large copy machines. My dad runs the spot and is the main sales rep, my mom does the finances and I do IT, installations and, Um, probably the best way to say this is whatever my dad doesn't want to do.

On the side, I produce hiphop music out here in Phoenix and I'm well known in the area. It's a side hustle to appease my studio gear, fitted hat and Adidas addictions without my wife telling me it's not in the budget
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • 38, Software Engineer. Well that's my job title anyway.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Just turned 20 (****cough**** 40). Used to commission CT scanners all around the US, switched over to tech support for Molecular Imaging equipment.

My job in a picture

1qRwbNk.jpg

Hey @scuba that explains your help in my Rey image linking! Altruist to the bone :)
  • 20. I am waiting for my university entry in early August. Currently I open up a tuition centre together with my friends and I am the only one doing full-time there. The job consists of simple adminwork and tutoring some primary school kids. I will quit my job in mid June and start my holiday, until the school opens.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Deimos wrote: »
    @InternetSwag where are you from and what's your position on the RP?

Missionary. (I fully accept my moderation for this I couldn't resist)

My fault, kind of set you up there...
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    35. I own my own small business Making handmade art objects. I work in a conglomerate studio with a few other guys that are well known in our collective community. I work as a lighting tech part time for a friend of mine that owns a mobile DJ company. It's mostly just for fun and free booze on the weekends.
    Post edited by Nerfherder17 on
  • What's this, a serious thread in the Off Topic section? I'm offended!!! >:)
    (just tagging in, I'll come back later)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • 27, Hotel Front Desk Supervisor.

I can't be a whale with my current job.. :s
  • 48 yrs old grandad full time parent I send the wife to work
This discussion has been closed.