Jedi Luke or Gas?

Looking for suggestions as to how to proceed best.
Option 1 Gas:
Lift Padme and GK to relic (also my arena squad)
C3PO from g9 to g12/13
Shaak is g12 - good enough? I have r7 ahsoka
AV from g11 to 12
Magna from 6* to 7 and up from g9
Finish farm for droideka, b1, and b2 and gear
Use 70k GET (have half of this hoarded) to get GAS to 7*

Option 2 JKL
Relic cls, Hoda, Chewie, C3PO, DV from R1 to R3
Farm lando and cholo (cantina farm will clash with relic signal farm) and relic
Spend 86k GET for Wampa (maybe supported by bounties if not same bounty as rolo) and relic
Finish ig2k farm for hmf (5* ATM); but my mace fleet is struggling even with g12 bossk r7 jka and ahsoka, g12 5s, g11 clone Sgt.
Somehow get the remaining 80 rolo shards for 7* and relic

Having put it down, GAS is much closer; and brings 501st, padme, and GG squads to high level.
JKL moves towards a better fleet (no GET 2 so no negotiator or malevolence) and will support hoth lstb until we qualify for geolstb. Good for rebel based events too (not jkl but the required toons).

The only real q is where to spend GET: gas or Wampa?

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    GAS
  • Wampa is definitely worth having
  • GAS, but word of caution. He’s not easy to unlock at all. You’ll need quite a bit of relics, especially on the key P4 characters. Not to mention good mods
  • Whichever one is free
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    GS over JKL but JKL over GL's
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Wait 2 weeks then come back and ask the same question. Don't you want to see JKL in action first ?
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Wait 2 weeks then come back and ask the same question. Don't you want to see JKL in action first ?

To an extent yes. I see jkl as being a midground to gls and a desirable toon to have. With rolo left to farm, I'm not looking at getting either in the next few weeks. Gas is a known quantity as is Wampa, so the query was more around folks thoughts on gas + sep droids vs Wampa + better rebels + unknown quantity of jkl
  • The biggest difference for me, is every character you level up for GAS is useful. However not every character for JKL is. So I would vote GAS first, then JKL
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

To an extent yes. I see jkl as being a midground to gls and a desirable toon to have. With rolo left to farm, I'm not looking at getting either in the next few weeks. Gas is a known quantity as is Wampa, so the query was more around folks thoughts on gas + sep droids vs Wampa + better rebels + unknown quantity of jkl

If you only care about characters you level up to unlock GAS/JKL, I agree with the consensus, GAS is better.

However, it may not be the most important point, strategically speaking. Imo, Arena is still king, giving a daily income in the most versatile currency in the game. So it depends on your shard and your actual position in Arena. If JKL allows you to reach a higher tier than GAS will, allowing for a higher crystal income, the best strategic decision could be to unlock JKL first (especially if you don't need to gear up other characters than the ones you already have for his team). But only time will tell.

(About ROLO shards: don't forget about Galactic Bounties. You don't need a killer BH team to get her shards)
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    I don't see JKL teams beating GAS team (well maybe with WAT in it and pray that GAS won't act second after Rex) as without crit immunity I fear that JKL team will get cooldown reduced into oblivion and slaughtered