What do cheaters do?

Without providing details on how they do it, can someone summarize what cheaters do? I’m not sure if I have run into anyone who cheats because I don’t know what to look for, and I don’t know the context for why people are so upset that cheaters aren’t penalized more severely.

Replies

• TVF
    36594 posts Member
    They cheat.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They falsify reports back to the server for things that are resolved client side.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    hungsolo wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They falsify reports back to the server for things that are resolved client side.

I’m not all that familiar with computer speak. What does this translate into for gameplay. Like what advantage does it provide?

They trick the server into thinking they won a battle
  • Never prosper?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I’m not all that familiar with computer speak. What does this translate into for gameplay. Like what advantage does it provide?

I thought it was bloating stats, speed, offense, etc... client side, leading them to actually win the battle that then gets relayed to the server.

There's more than one way to skin a porg.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I thought it was bloating stats, speed, offense, etc... client side, leading them to actually win the battle that then gets relayed to the server.

There's more than one way to skin a porg.

Probably so, I just didn’t think there was a way to lose client side and then report a win to the server.

What do you get when you cross a hippopotamus, an elephant, and a rhino?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*