“Endless Well of Fresh Content”

Replies

• I just am appalled by CG and the delays and lack of communication.

In real life I am an electrician / builder . I put a lot of effort into my reputation and and how people see me . Being on time , doing what I promised WHEN I said I was going to is part and parcel of good character and pride.
    If I behaved how they did I would have no business ....it just beggars belief .
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    So 3 Mando characters we can’t even farm yet, two GLs with **** requirements, and Luke who many people are annoyed about.

And they had events!? Paper rock scissors and a few waves of enemies. “Oceans of content.” I’m still moist.

Nice try, Lord Cecil.

I don't see anything wrong there.

Man, how much of that kool-aid did you drink?

Oceans.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    marxuke123 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    People have pointed out many times that this is a character collecting game and the content they have released so far this year is seven characters. Rey and SLKR and now Luke actually have an event to go through to get them.

I would love to hear info about content from CG not just from ”people”.

CREATE YOUR ULTIMATE TEAM

Build powerful light and dark side teams with both Jedi and Sith heroes and other characters from the Star Wars universe. Make strategic choices and pick characters with complimentary abilities to construct squads and engage in RPG combat like never before!
    COLLECT ICONIC HEROES

Collect characters from the original trilogy and prequel films, plus animated TV shows like Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels – and more. True to the RPG genre, each new hero has multiple powerful attacks and abilities!
    TRAIN POWERFUL CHAMPIONS

Make tactical decisions and equip your characters, from Darth Vader and Boba Fett – to Lando Calrissian and Leia Organa, with powerful gear to enhance their damage. Unlock special leader abilities to buff your team and unleash moves like Darth Sidious’s Force Lightning, Chewbacca’s Wookiee Rage, and more.
    FIGHT IN LEGENDARY LOCATIONS

Complete epic missions on Hoth, Bespin, Tatooine, Coruscant, and beyond. Unlock special characters to play through in light and dark side campaigns
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

I believe these ppl don't consider those content. They call them "cash grabs." Nevermind each comes with some kind of playable event (aka content).

No, CG literally stated that they don't consider just realeasing new toons to be content.

This has been an awful year for content and CG has fed the playerbase false promises leading into it. That's lying and they're rightfully being held accountable.

The last content we got was lsgeotb which wasn't even designed for the game, pull your head in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

I believe these ppl don't consider those content. They call them "cash grabs." Nevermind each comes with some kind of playable event (aka content).

This has been an awful year for content and CG has fed the playerbase false promises leading into it. That's lying and they're rightfully being held accountable.

No it's not. It's amazing that words have definitions, and what you are saying does not constitute a lie.

But yes it has been a really disappointing year for content. The small respite of the JKL event will in no way satisfy.

Many of us still find ways to enjoy and build up our rosters to get them to a better place.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

No it's not. It's amazing that words have definitions, and what you are saying does not constitute a lie.

But yes it has been a really disappointing year for content. The small respite of the JKL event will in no way satisfy.

Many of us still find ways to enjoy and build up our rosters to get them to a better place.

I still don’t see an ocean of content or any “new content” added to the game since before 2020. The definition of new content was defined by CG in one their Q&A sessions by the way. So if you scroll through the entire first page of the updates in this forum you will find nothing added as “new content”. Personally, the only thing I have enjoyed in a long time is the updated assault battles. I wish they added more instead of more garbage one off events. Just pathetic on their speed of releasing new stuff, why can’t they produce like most other developers. MSF is far more superior with communication and content but I like this subject better. Too bad they can’t switch teams around. This would be a great game then without these people running it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    IronCross wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

I still don’t see an ocean of content or any “new content” added to the game since before 2020. The definition of new content was defined by CG in one their Q&A sessions by the way. So if you scroll through the entire first page of the updates in this forum you will find nothing added as “new content”. Personally, the only thing I have enjoyed in a long time is the updated assault battles. I wish they added more instead of more garbage one off events. Just pathetic on their speed of releasing new stuff, why can’t they produce like most other developers. MSF is far more superior with communication and content but I like this subject better. Too bad they can’t switch teams around. This would be a great game then without these people running it.

Fair point, I cant wait to see MSF when it's this age to see what they are up to.

Everyone has what they have to work with, this team is working on the backend to make sure they can produce more, it was a necessity and while it's not showy, it's good for the community and the game.
  • They are adding mods soon. That WAS one of my biggest complaints. They are clearly stepping up their game.

This game... the devs and execs are sleeping in silk pajamas. Resting on their laurels. And whatever clever idiom you wanna use.

When they say game modes like sandbox are too expensive. Do you know how that sounds to us?

Sounds greedy as all get out considering the amount of revenue this game has made.

When that other game keeps giving us everything we want.

I don't think you are gonna wanna see where they are after 5 years because you will be looking up straining your neck.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

Fair point, I cant wait to see MSF when it's this age to see what they are up to.

Everyone has what they have to work with, this team is working on the backend to make sure they can produce more, it was a necessity and while it's not showy, it's good for the community and the game.

But all we have Is there word that they are working on the backend.

They could eliminate soo much hate/anger by doing somthing as simple as a dev weekly newsletter like I see in other games .....it could be as little as one week showing some art/cad work of designs for a new mode as a teaser or a photo of a pc with somthing in the screen giving a little glimpse into what’s being worked on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

But all we have Is there word that they are working on the backend.

They could eliminate soo much hate/anger by doing somthing as simple as a dev weekly newsletter like I see in other games .....it could be as little as one week showing some art/cad work of designs for a new mode as a teaser or a photo of a pc with somthing in the screen giving a little glimpse into what’s being worked on.

If you dont want to believe them, that's a personal issue. No one can say anything that will resolve that for you.

So "we only have their word" and they should do more updates..... its still just their word. Take it or leave it, more words unfortunately doesnt change that.

I wish we had more proof too, and at the end of the day people will still complain due to "all the hype" and what we end up with for the initial release.

They cant always do that, there are things that cant get approved too early before the release of the content.
  • Actions speak louder than words and their actions have spoken loud enough, I think that is the main reason some folks are frustrated, at least I know I am.
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

Why do you always go back to that? It's been 5 years and they've made a billion dollars. What does the timeframe have to do with content and communication? MSF has been around for 27 months, it's not like they just came out. But their communication has gotten better over time, not worse. They have balanced PVP mode which is amazing, you can get a feel on what characters you want to invest in. Their characters are far more useful at lower levels and you can take them into a bunch of different game modes, like Blitz, War, Raids and Dark Dimensions. Their graphics are better. All in a pretty short timeframe. There's still a giant paywall like SWGOH, but at least there's stuff to do if you aren't spending at that level. Personally, I prefer SWGOH to MSF, but they're not even close on communication and content. If anything, I think the fact that SWGOH has been around for longer is a knock against them, because they've had more time to sort out these issues. Everything that SWGOH fans have been complaining about is in MSF, and for the most part people are happy. You're always going to have that vocal minority that isn't satisfied, but as a whole they're much more satisfied than SWGOH fans. And as far as "what they have to work with" it's a boatload of cash. Game's made a billion dollars. Systems should be far superior to where they're at. How many cash grab reskin events have we had?
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

They've been 'working' on it for 8-10 months and all we've seen from them are vague and delayed remarks about these mythical tools that will help the dev team (notorious for year long bugs, reworked kits because not WAI, and the current handcrafted mess of framework). I hope you are right but what have they done to indicate they're capable of actually delivering on their teases? So they are lying or failing until they actually put out content.
  • Xell128 wrote: »
    @JMG680 again, if you cant wait and only wanna tell how worse cg is, play another game, no one tell you what you have to do. but and this is not only you but i am mad about all this crying people all over the place. and yeah there are problems but if you cry the whole day there will change nothing and if you`re mindset is bad because of that, do something against it by yourself. btw i think they will anounce the RA this month but it doesn`t matter for me when it is coming. I want that this is a good ra and nothing else. have a nice day.

If you are tired of the crying don't come to the forums, go play the game. Seriously how is complaining about the complaints better than the complaints.

Most people complain because they want the game they love to be better. Sure some just want to complain or are lashing out before they quit.

Until the road ahead comes out the negativity will remain because of the large number of players hinging their decision of if the game is for them or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

They've been 'working' on it for 8-10 months and all we've seen from them are vague and delayed remarks about these mythical tools that will help the dev team (notorious for year long bugs, reworked kits because not WAI, and the current handcrafted mess of framework). I hope you are right but what have they done to indicate they're capable of actually delivering on their teases? So they are lying or failing until they actually put out content.

You can feel that way, but it doesnt make it true. They are not lying, as per the definition of the word, but no one cares about that, I get it, but it's the truth.

They haven't failed until they fail. This is a bad time right now and nothing but the end of thiseaiting period will help make it better. I get that, but to fail would be to release this and not have it be the direction this game needs to bring it to a better state, not releasing it to get it done right and have it be in a good state is not a fail, it's the right thing to do. We dont need a rushed product, because that would lead to this being a failure.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

You can feel that way, but it doesnt make it true. They are not lying, as per the definition of the word, but no one cares about that, I get it, but it's the truth.

They haven't failed until they fail. This is a bad time right now and nothing but the end of thiseaiting period will help make it better. I get that, but to fail would be to release this and not have it be the direction this game needs to bring it to a better state, not releasing it to get it done right and have it be in a good state is not a fail, it's the right thing to do. We dont need a rushed product, because that would lead to this being a failure.

How can it be considered rushed when they've been talking about it (and presumably working on it) for months and months?
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

It they can't even tell us about it, if this has been what they have been working on for some time, and its in that bad a shape that they have to delay even telling about it, that kind of tells us what shape the game is in.
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

I think you get it. I think the majority of the playerbase get it. It's a character collection game, we just want new stuff to do with our toons other than 1 off events for new characters.

the people who get mad about no communication about new toons dont understand that that is part of the business model; i understand that and i am cool with it, but then i dont get to chase toons i actually want (such as mando) because i know i wont be able to get the new shiny first time for free.

I just wish they would communicate about new play modes, or address their version of content to what a lot of players consider content (new game modes).
  • Xell128 wrote: »
    @Nauros ok you got me but show me pls one comment in this “Endless Well of Fresh Content” which is not only complaining about something? And complaining itself it not a problem you can complain about thing that are not adressed. But crying about that there is no content when they anounced 3 weeks before there will be something in the RA is not making the game better. That make you feeling better because you can blame them for doing nothing the first half of the year for the xxxxxxxxx time. The only thing i said is, that you have to wait for RA if it is bad i will mad too, but if not i am happy and you? Furthermore I come the forum to read stuff about the game and talk with this awesome community. but the only thing i get from the community is shame because i dont cry with you. gj

Found the Durant CG burner account.
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

@Kyno actually, MSF is 1 year younger than SWGOH and, if you remember, last year was (not counting this year) their most disapointing in terms of content / bugs / character releases. In the meantime MSF this year (same timeframe as swgoh if you will) has released: Live PVP, Sandbox Mode, Are working with the comunity to develop a mod system which WORKS, and they’ve also found time to resolve bug issues and do new character releases. So, in response to your post. You don’t have to wait to see how MSF will do in their fifth year as they are already showing that they are a better developer than CG will ever be.
    Undortunately, you’re fighting in the wrong corner bud and to be honest I really really feel sorry for you.
    Hope you find your way to the light.
  • The wait began to be uberable..we need new content... sorry but a new caracter to farm is NOT new content...we need new raids, new battle mode .etc
    Please CG do someting for the community for once
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

So at the end of 2020, when we don’t see an ocean of content, we can call them liars...
  • They will do nothing this quarter but make empty promises like they have for the past 3 quarters.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I hope CG lyft's my spirits up
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I hope CG lyft's my spirits up

I think they already dashed for the door.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.