2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

I believe these ppl don't consider those content. They call them "cash grabs." Nevermind each comes with some kind of playable event (aka content).

“These people” who don’t consider those toons to be content include the developers, who specifically said that the context they were referring to in the quoted post was much more than just new toons and event tiers.

Don’t be obtuse. They have definitely not yet met the mark that they laid out in that post.

The post which covered all of 2020? See you in December.

Merry Christmas. Enjoy your endless well of content for the last 6 days of 2020.

1. I clearly said they hadn’t met their own mark yet

2. You’re the one who went off about how “these people don’t consider toons to be content”, I was pointing out that neither do the developers. So when someone points out that we haven’t gotten the promised content yet, pointing at toons (which they stated are not their intended content) as an example of that content is disingenuous.

1. I wasn't responding to you, but ok.

2. I don't believe I have ever posted anything about toons being or not being content. But for the record, I do not so I guess now I have.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Riozoba wrote: »
    Guys don't worry Hermit Yoda will never be needed to unlock anything

They were not lying about that because... because... well I'm not sure but I know devs dont lie.

Maybe @Kyno can explain what the devs really meant when they said that.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

I believe these ppl don't consider those content. They call them "cash grabs." Nevermind each comes with some kind of playable event (aka content).

“These people” who don’t consider those toons to be content include the developers, who specifically said that the context they were referring to in the quoted post was much more than just new toons and event tiers.

Don’t be obtuse. They have definitely not yet met the mark that they laid out in that post.

The post which covered all of 2020? See you in December.

Merry Christmas. Enjoy your endless well of content for the last 6 days of 2020.

1. I clearly said they hadn’t met their own mark yet

2. You’re the one who went off about how “these people don’t consider toons to be content”, I was pointing out that neither do the developers. So when someone points out that we haven’t gotten the promised content yet, pointing at toons (which they stated are not their intended content) as an example of that content is disingenuous.

1. I wasn't responding to you, but ok.

2. I don't believe I have ever posted anything about toons being or not being content. But for the record, I do not so I guess now I have.

I quoted the wrong post, I meant to respond to the one you were also responding to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

This has been an awful year for content and CG has fed the playerbase false promises leading into it. That's lying and they're rightfully being held accountable.

No it's not. It's amazing that words have definitions, and what you are saying does not constitute a lie.

But yes it has been a really disappointing year for content. The small respite of the JKL event will in no way satisfy.

Many of us still find ways to enjoy and build up our rosters to get them to a better place.

I still don’t see an ocean of content or any “new content” added to the game since before 2020. The definition of new content was defined by CG in one their Q&A sessions by the way. So if you scroll through the entire first page of the updates in this forum you will find nothing added as “new content”. Personally, the only thing I have enjoyed in a long time is the updated assault battles. I wish they added more instead of more garbage one off events. Just pathetic on their speed of releasing new stuff, why can’t they produce like most other developers. MSF is far more superior with communication and content but I like this subject better. Too bad they can’t switch teams around. This would be a great game then without these people running it.

Fair point, I cant wait to see MSF when it's this age to see what they are up to.

Everyone has what they have to work with, this team is working on the backend to make sure they can produce more, it was a necessity and while it's not showy, it's good for the community and the game.

They've been 'working' on it for 8-10 months and all we've seen from them are vague and delayed remarks about these mythical tools that will help the dev team (notorious for year long bugs, reworked kits because not WAI, and the current handcrafted mess of framework). I hope you are right but what have they done to indicate they're capable of actually delivering on their teases? So they are lying or failing until they actually put out content.

You can feel that way, but it doesnt make it true. They are not lying, as per the definition of the word, but no one cares about that, I get it, but it's the truth.

They haven't failed until they fail. This is a bad time right now and nothing but the end of thiseaiting period will help make it better. I get that, but to fail would be to release this and not have it be the direction this game needs to bring it to a better state, not releasing it to get it done right and have it be in a good state is not a fail, it's the right thing to do. We dont need a rushed product, because that would lead to this being a failure.

So at the end of 2020, when we don’t see an ocean of content, we can call them liars...

Are they saying they are working on content with the intent to deceive anyone? No. So you can call them whatever you want, it doesnt make it true.

What....?

If we get to the end of 2020 and don't have the content they promised.
    They will have lied.
    It has been a bad year so far for content, the quote in the OP is already deceptive

They would be wrong, but it doesnt mean they intended to deceive, which is what constitutes a lie.

No one is saying it's been a good year for content.

Uh yes it means they intended to deceive the community, they said hey not every character will be required to be relic, yet they came out and said after "internal review" we have decided to make all characters require relic.
    So yes mr Kyno they have lied before and they will lie again if we don't get the content, word it however you like, at the end of the day it is a lie

I am pretty sure they said in big red letters, "subject to change"........ does that matter?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Riozoba wrote: »

They were not lying about that because... because... well I'm not sure but I know devs dont lie.

Maybe Kyno can explain what the devs really meant when they said that.

Anyone have a quote for that? Someone else brought this up, but I have not found them saying that yet.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Anyone have a quote for that? Someone else brought this up, but I have not found them saying that yet.

I am no longer a CG apologist, but I don't think this is a quote they ever said.

• raybron99 wrote: »

I am no longer a CG apologist, but I don't think this is a quote they ever said.

I believe it was during the 5 star unlock and using GET 1 for Malak or GAS. I think there was some mention of this due to the uproar. I may be totally tripping though. But it rings a bell...
  • raybron99 wrote: »

I'm having trouble finding it, but I do remember them saying something like this in a Q&A session, I think shortly after wampa and hoda were released. Everything, however, really is fair game, especially when they're as old as hoda and wampa are.
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    raybron99 wrote: »

It was in a Dev Q&A. But they did say it. I remember as I was farming HODA thinking he would be needed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    JMG680 wrote: »

It was in a Dev Q&A. But they did say it. I remember as I was farming HODA thinking he would be needed.

I vaguely remember too, but there may have been some sort of qualifier with it as well that makes him fair game for this event.

And, I mean, how would he not be needed for Luke eventually? I learned my lesson after not having Old Ben for CLS lmao, still sore about that one...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

This has been an awful year for content and CG has fed the playerbase false promises leading into it. That's lying and they're rightfully being held accountable.

No it's not. It's amazing that words have definitions, and what you are saying does not constitute a lie.

But yes it has been a really disappointing year for content. The small respite of the JKL event will in no way satisfy.

Many of us still find ways to enjoy and build up our rosters to get them to a better place.

I still don’t see an ocean of content or any “new content” added to the game since before 2020. The definition of new content was defined by CG in one their Q&A sessions by the way. So if you scroll through the entire first page of the updates in this forum you will find nothing added as “new content”. Personally, the only thing I have enjoyed in a long time is the updated assault battles. I wish they added more instead of more garbage one off events. Just pathetic on their speed of releasing new stuff, why can’t they produce like most other developers. MSF is far more superior with communication and content but I like this subject better. Too bad they can’t switch teams around. This would be a great game then without these people running it.

Fair point, I cant wait to see MSF when it's this age to see what they are up to.

Everyone has what they have to work with, this team is working on the backend to make sure they can produce more, it was a necessity and while it's not showy, it's good for the community and the game.

They've been 'working' on it for 8-10 months and all we've seen from them are vague and delayed remarks about these mythical tools that will help the dev team (notorious for year long bugs, reworked kits because not WAI, and the current handcrafted mess of framework). I hope you are right but what have they done to indicate they're capable of actually delivering on their teases? So they are lying or failing until they actually put out content.

You can feel that way, but it doesnt make it true. They are not lying, as per the definition of the word, but no one cares about that, I get it, but it's the truth.

They haven't failed until they fail. This is a bad time right now and nothing but the end of thiseaiting period will help make it better. I get that, but to fail would be to release this and not have it be the direction this game needs to bring it to a better state, not releasing it to get it done right and have it be in a good state is not a fail, it's the right thing to do. We dont need a rushed product, because that would lead to this being a failure.

So at the end of 2020, when we don’t see an ocean of content, we can call them liars...

Are they saying they are working on content with the intent to deceive anyone? No. So you can call them whatever you want, it doesnt make it true.

What....?

They will have lied.
    It has been a bad year so far for content, the quote in the OP is already deceptive

They would be wrong, but it doesnt mean they intended to deceive, which is what constitutes a lie.

Uh yes it means they intended to deceive the community, they said hey not every character will be required to be relic, yet they came out and said after "internal review" we have decided to make all characters require relic.
    So yes mr Kyno they have lied before and they will lie again if we don't get the content, word it however you like, at the end of the day it is a lie

I am pretty sure they said in big red letters, "subject to change"........ does that matter?

Everything is subject to change now, you thought you were buying games online? No you are buying an access key that can be reworked at any time, we said we won't add weapons to loot boxes in COD but it said everything in this document is subject to change, boom 3 months later over powered weapons in loot boxes with 0.01% chance of winning it.
    Just no mans sky nothing else to say.
    Demo of the the division.
    And now cyberpunk 2077 just got delayed after CD project promised to not delay it again, hell I'm gonna be dead by the time this comes out.
    So yes @Kyno technically non of these Devs lied or broke its promises because they had plenty of lawyers. Just saying man

I get your frustration, but none of that shows anyone is out to get you. Things happen. It sucks for all of us (even the devs) but that's life.

I'm glad you realize nobody lied or intentionally deceived you.

We'd all love for things to get back on track.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    As Kyno announced already. CG never lies and if it seems they lie, they can say „yes we said that, but now we decided to do it the opposite way“...this is of course no lie in kynos and CG point of view, because they just changed their mind....therefore it is totally irrelevant what cg is promising or saying...it is ****...
    The game is soooooo boring and fans like me are just keep playing it because it is Star Wars, not because the game is still great.
  • As angry as I am that they can't simply let us know what they're worrying on, or acknowledge how aggravating it is that it keeps getting delayed, they never said we won't need hermit yoda for anything as far as I'm aware.
  • Anyone else get a thrill from hitting sim today on the Omega event? Chills down my spine. So exciting and fresh.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

What....?

They will have lied.

I love the fact that they double talk all the time at CG.

Something great is coming out very soon, THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

The road ahead is going to be full of awesome news, THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

We will be providing a endless well of new content, THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Anyone else get a thrill from hitting sim today on the Omega event? Chills down my spine. So exciting and fresh.

Thrills will run down your spine. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    JMG680 wrote: »
    6 months into the year and the well is still dry.....

CG: Something I think we did not do well in 2019 was in the production of content. That will change in 2020. My focus is on shepherding the delivery of an endless well of fresh content through a system by which it is easier for us to make and deliver content. I want this content feature to be big, beautiful, and exciting. Stay tuned. In addition to features, we have an ocean of characters and ships planned. I am SUPER excited for 2020's character and ship content and I think you will be as well.

6 months in... 6 months to go.

Make another post in December

I'm sure he'll be able to copy paste.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

What....?

They will have lied.

So yes mr @Kyno they have lied before and they will lie again if we don't get the content, word it however you like, at the end of the day it is a lie

Changing your mind isn't lying.

This is a reduction of what is being talked about.

There is a big difference between changing your mind and going back on your word
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

Thank you for your application to the CGDF. We apologize for taking so long to process it, but it fell behind a file cabinet and the cleaning staff didn't find it until today. Your resume is very impressive, however in light of recent events, namely the above post, we are sadly going to have to keep looking at other applicants. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    2020 Releases

RH Poe
    Rey
    SLKR
    Mandalorian
    Greef Karga
    Cara Dune
    JKL

What....?

They will have lied.

So yes mr @Kyno they have lied before and they will lie again if we don't get the content, word it however you like, at the end of the day it is a lie

Changing your mind isn't lying.

This is a reduction of what is being talked about.

There is a big difference between changing your mind and going back on your word

I, for one, have never, ever lied.

I'm a descendant of Abraham Lincoln.

However on several occasions I have said one thing knowing I would change my mind later. Like that time a friend asked for a ride from the airport I told then yes but i knew i would later change my mind to no without telling them anything. For some reason they got mad and said I lied but really I just changed my mind and remained silent like CG does.

Everyone including Darth Vader knows this is not lying this is just altering the deal.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I've only skimmed the last few pages, but has anyone found the quote where cg said hoda won't ever be needed to unlock anything?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I've only skimmed the last few pages, but has anyone found the quote where cg said hoda won't ever be needed to unlock anything?

Yes. I’ve also cultured a nice barrage of posts from when this forum was very anti SLKR and made players who went for him feel like they made the wrong choice. I’d post them all now but I’m currently at the hospital for “split sides”.

k
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Still waiting
This discussion has been closed.