Just a simple math for the whales that think a 2 year old account should have Hyoda and wampa

Prev134
I myself in a guild that is doing to 3p to 31 star per dark side geo TB which gives us 6,200 GET1 per month, we get 13 star in light side geo TB which gives us 4,600 GET1, and usually its 50% win ration in TW that lands us around 1,800 GET1 per month, that brings our total income of GET1 to a 12,200 GET1.

We need 70,300 GET1 for Malak, 70,300 GET1 for GAS which is roughly 6 and half months of hording GET1 and not getting single gear for each of those characters.

We also need 89,100 GET1 for Wampa and 89,100 for Hyoda, now that would be around 7 and half months of hording GET1 per charact.

Including all of this means a 26 months of farming GET1 for these characters and not buying gear from the GET1 shop.

I don't know about you people but Malak and GAS are way more powerful than both Hyoda and wampa combined together, so you whales that were talking nonsense in Cubs channel about how a 2 year old dolphin should have both of these characters come here and explain to me why I'm wrong,

Also don't forget that hyperspace bundle did not exist so dolphin or not you had to grind your way to lvl 85 and unless if you were a whale you would have no chance of getting into a good guild that would get you a lot of GET1

Replies

• Wampa shards can also be won in one of the Galactic Bounty events. That wouldn't help a lot, but some.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    I've been playing for a long while, but I also don't spend any money and am in a guild that doesn't even track daily tickets or have a discord.

I've sat out a lot of events beause I don't give this game the attention I used to. I use GET to purchase the typical sort of gear that is in the shop that most people need, carbanitis, guns, etc.

I've got a 7* Hoda, Wampa, and Malak. I don't have GAS but I am also sitting on 109K GET1 currency.

While I disagree with most everything surrounding CG, these events, GLs, etc - I don't see the Wampa/Hoda thing as the biggest issue in the event.

I need more gear pieces/G13s than I can get with my reserves here in order to participate in the event (participate being the operative word, because we don't know how much higher than the minimum is needed to actually beat it.)

That being said... I wouldn't need to whale out to get them there, in the grand scheme of spending in this game it would cost me significantly less than even a single marquee.
  • What? Every character should be a swipe of the credit card? A game shouldn’t have characters that can only be earned through playing?

This character isn’t going to be meta breaking. It’s not going to hurt your roster much by waiting awhile to get him.

I have been playing for 3 years now and I won’t get him the first time either as I did spend a fair amount of GET 1 on gear. That was a choice I made that I have to live with. You made the choice to go for Malak and GAS, both of which will probably be worth just as much as JKL.
  • Ahh got ya ... ya they are totally wrong in the head for thinking that.
  • They need to finish that back end stuff they talked about months ago and get real content out like ... yesterday. That is if they want to have a game.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    My guild sounds similar in terms of Geo Tb performance as the OP.

I’ve been playing 3 years and have just unlocked Wampa at 5 stars with zero GET1 used or spending on him.
    Hoda I’ve had 7 star for a year , Leia I think I have at 5 or 6 star but captain han is 30 shards short of unlock.

I think your exaggerating how long it would take to get them 7 stars tbh.

There’s 2 problems as I see it, the gear crunch since GLs were introduced ( actually I guess more around the time GAS was introduced ) has been horrific even with the new challenge tiers .
    Getting the characters geared up is by far the worst part of any new character release now.

Based on my GL kylo progress , it’s taken me 7 months and £100 to relic 6 of the required characters. The rest to g9-11.

So it’s the gearing that makes me think a minimum of 6 months with a little cash injection to get JKL unless ofc you’ve skipped GAS and the GLs and have loads of resources hoarded.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I’ve used up all my GET1 to ease the gear crunch towards a GL, have had to leave my Malak at 5 stars for the foreseeable future.

Stun guns
    Mk5 araknoids
    Carbantis
    Mk12 armateck fusion
    Mk6 artham Medpac
    Mk12 stun cuffs
    Kyros

These are my worst lol
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2319 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    This event, like Legendaries since C3PO, aren’t catered to new players. Since like you said, it’s time that’s the biggest thing you need.

It is entirely feasible a 2 year old account could unlock JKL, maybe even in the first try. Maybe they didn’t get GAS or Malak. Saves them a lot on GET1 to get Wampa and HYoda. I didn’t bother getting either of the Revans or Malak, so I saved on a ton of gear, credits, and time that I used for GAS.

This is a game built on player choices... and it’s entirely your choice how to focus your roster to meet your goals.

Also regarding spending GET1 on gear, I’ve only ever heard it’s recommended for MK5 stun gun salvage.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    0dysseusK wrote: »
    Wampa shards can also be won in one of the Galactic Bounty events. That wouldn't help a lot, but some.

Yeah true but that is what 20 shards every 45 days? If you have strong bounty hunters and many people dont

Every month. Also, Mando makes the Wampa tier super easy - just disintegrate Wampa.

I still agree with your point that getting Wampa shards is ****, but wanted to point those 2 things out to you.
  • Even if your 50th of the HSTR, and do it only 5 time per month, it's still 1900 GET1 per month, and of course more if you've a better rank and/or doing it more often.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    @Mupper00 I'm not, literally the only sources of getting GET1, TW, TB and every now and then you get some GET1 from HSITH

Totally agree with you about the gear, it is a horrible slow ride.
    It’s taking me a couple of weeks at least to take a character through g12 into relic with using a good 5-600 crystals from arenas a day.

Unless your guild does hoth then you arnt getting JKL anyways so yes it does cater massively to sweeten very long term players. Those are the only players likely to have captain Han 7 star because they will of done hoth loads before geos Tb was released .

Coming away from lsgeotb to do hoth is just not feasible for my guild and many others, the loss in gear rewards and get2 is just not worth it.
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    F2p player here with 4 years playing, the only thing i still dont have at 7* its GG capital ship. I think with 2-3 years playing you would be able to have all unlocked at 7 as f2p. Maybe less.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I think the intention is that you should be doing Hoth Territory Battles until you have both Hoda / Wampa unlocked

Players in the first two years doing Hoth TB primarily should be in such a position
  • Ahh got ya ... ya they are totally wrong in the head for thinking that.

Exactly, in fact I'm happy for the requirement, it gives a reason for the veterans stay and play, its like an exclusive character.
    But CG needs to throw something at the newer players too

Didn't they throw the newer players a bone which costs $100?

That's Cg's idea of helping land and keep new players.
    Chained since '16
  • I am little over 1,5 year and i have both hyoda,wampa at 7 stars,i ofc dont have rolo,nor malak or gas.
    I find the requirements fine,at least way better than for those gl ones,i have other concerns about jkl i wont replicate here as well.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    It's not even realistic for newer people to farm Hyoda and wampa, there are so many gear bottlenecks going on that you need to spend GET1 for gear like stun guns, cuffs, golden eye balls, any gear 12 piece literally if you want to take a character from 8 to 12 you need to go through 10 diffrent gear crunch

It is very realistic for them to farm Hyoda and Wampa. You should not buy a single gear piece with GET1 until you have Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS all at 7*. And after that you still shouldn't spend any until you have 70k GET1. Otherwise you will always be behind.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think the intention is that you should be doing Hoth Territory Battles until you have both Hoda / Wampa unlocked

Players in the first two years doing Hoth TB primarily should be in such a position

Well said, not all new releases are or should be attainable by new players Straightaway, otherwise it would be pointless, you need something in a game to work towards or there’s no incentive to keep playing.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    It's not even realistic for newer people to farm Hyoda and wampa, there are so many gear bottlenecks going on that you need to spend GET1 for gear like stun guns, cuffs, golden eye balls, any gear 12 piece literally if you want to take a character from 8 to 12 you need to go through 10 diffrent gear crunch

It is very realistic for them to farm Hyoda and Wampa. You should not buy a single gear piece with GET1 until you have Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS all at 7*. And after that you still shouldn't spend any until you have 70k GET1. Otherwise you will always be behind.
    Older players also had this hurdle, where some players chose gear over hoda / wampa

Gear bottlenecks always existed
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Well said, not all new releases are or should be attainable by new players Straightaway, otherwise it would be pointless, you need something in a game to work towards or there’s no incentive to keep playing.

FYI I’ve got all characters at 7* but won’t get JKL first time either due to gear requirements but that’s fine, I will watch videos on genuine requirements (not the minimums CG set as minimum fog each toon), learn strategy and team builds then I I know what to work towards
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Older players also had this hurdle, where some players chose gear over hoda / wampa

Gear bottlenecks always existed

There’s always a choice, character shards or gear, it’s a balancing act. If someone makes a choice to take gear over shards they shouldn’t whine cos of the choice they made but hey this is the forum and whining is the most popular subject here lol