Just a simple math for the whales that think a 2 year old account should have Hyoda and wampa

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @Milolyen101 that's fine I'm not saying we should be allowed to swipe credit cards and get characters, I won't get him either since it would take me 14 months to farm these toons, but that's not my point, my point is to the whales who are implying this character is for newer people who couldn't get GL's just watch the cubs new video where he has whales over saying this character is for the people that missed out on GL's, funny part is GL kylo is much more accessible than Luke

So you're posting here to complain about youtube?
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    It’s all about the choices you make.
    I’ve played for 4 years. Don’t have GAS. Haven’t worked on the toons required for GLs.
    But I have all the toons ready for Jedi Knight Luke tomorrow. And that is because I made a choice of farming and gearing crap toons like ROLO, CHS, Lando and not meta toons like Hermie and Wampa. All in preparation for Jedi Luke
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    It's not even realistic for newer people to farm Hyoda and wampa, there are so many gear bottlenecks going on that you need to spend GET1 for gear like stun guns, cuffs, golden eye balls, any gear 12 piece literally if you want to take a character from 8 to 12 you need to go through 10 diffrent gear crunch

It is very realistic for them to farm Hyoda and Wampa. You should not buy a single gear piece with GET1 until you have Hoda, Wampa, Malak, and GAS all at 7*. And after that you still shouldn't spend any until you have 70k GET1. Otherwise you will always be behind.

Maybe to you and some others to me, it's about the better characters, Wampa and hoda had their time to shine, I won't waste my GET1 on them, that GET1 is better spent on malak, GAS and gear. Once I get my gas up to 7 star and if the game is still here and Luke is better than GL kylo sure I will farm them.

You chose not to farm them because they aren't "better characters," and now you complain that you don't have them to get JKL? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

There are always other ways to get gear, but there are rarely multiple ways to get character shards, especially the ones in shops.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    @Milolyen101 that's fine I'm not saying we should be allowed to swipe credit cards and get characters, I won't get him either since it would take me 14 months to farm these toons, but that's not my point, my point is to the whales who are implying this character is for newer people who couldn't get GL's just watch the cubs new video where he has whales over saying this character is for the people that missed out on GL's, funny part is GL kylo is much more accessible than Luke

Sigh do you even read the whole thing, do I have to read it to you?

Well nobody even got why you were complaining, and you say it's because some whales in a cubs video said something. You attribute what those guys say there to the entire forum?
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Ahh got ya ... ya they are totally wrong in the head for thinking that.

Exactly, in fact I'm happy for the requirement, it gives a reason for the veterans stay and play, its like an exclusive character.
    But CG needs to throw something at the newer players too

**** @StarSon read the god darn thread before commenting

You must be new here if you think CG actually cares about new players. They have no reason to "throw something" at them.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    I have all the GET 1 character's 7 star. I had Wampa and Hermit yoda there before Malak launched. I think that is the major difference, plus back in the day there was no Geo tb so no GET2.

If people buy gear and choose not to invest in the exclusive characters in the Guild Events store then the really can't complain, it is their choice and their responsibility.

That said, i can't believe anyone would not believe Hermit Yoda at least was a requirement for Jedi Luke. That has been the speculation for years- Hermit yoda and wampa.

Which is why I farmed them all that time ago.

For the record I am FTP mostly, occasionally buy the £20 crystals.

Requirements wise i dont have Lando (his use had ended by the time i started playing) nd CHOLO (never seemed to have much use)

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Sigh do you even read the whole thing, do I have to read it to you?

Well nobody even got why you were complaining, and you say it's because some whales in a cubs video said something. You attribute what those guys say there to the entire forum?

It's not complaining.

Whining? Moaning? Whatever
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    It's not even realistic for newer people to farm Hyoda and wampa, there are so many gear bottlenecks going on that you need to spend GET1 for gear....

And that is why you’ll fail.

GET is for characters > Then stockpile 60k > Then use the extra for gear.... and I still only buy guns... ( just in case we end up needing 120k someday )

Otherwise you’ll have “whales” aka better players than you telling you why/how you should’ve had a released char. And not for nothing but those players have learned from mistakes maybe you should listen to them at least a little.
    i really hope i just misunderstood and you didnt equal whales with better players
    whales havent learned from mistakes
    they just bought their way out of it
    if your understanding of "better" in this context is just having more gp then well so be it (still makes your statement useless in this context because "tips" from people whaling on everything is completely meaningless for lowspenders/f2p)
    but if you actually meant BETTER than you would have some serious issues ;)

• I can see the point presented here. I'm 5mil GP, have 7* GAS and 7* Malak, have 7* Wampa (I chose him first to spend GET1 on) and 34/100 Hyoda, so there's no way I could get JKL, even if I wanted to spend (I don't).

I also never saw value with Captain Han (first guild, for couple years was trash, so didn't excel at TB's and missed most TW), so I'm just now farming him. I should be able to get JKL next time around (Chewie, CLS are ready), as I'll have to push 2 characters from G12 to Relice 3 (Vader, C3) and then the other's from various gear levels up to Relic 3, but should have plenty of time.
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    It's not even realistic for newer people to farm Hyoda and wampa, there are so many gear bottlenecks going on that you need to spend GET1 for gear....

GET is for characters > Then stockpile 60k > Then use the extra for gear.... and I still only buy guns... ( just in case we end up needing 120k someday )

Otherwise you’ll have “whales” aka better players than you telling you why/how you should’ve had a released char. And not for nothing but those players have learned from mistakes maybe you should listen to them at least a little.
    i really hope i just misunderstood and you didnt equal whales with better players
    whales havent learned from mistakes
    they just bought their way out of it
    if your understanding of "better" in this context is just having more gp then well so be it (still makes your statement useless in this context because "tips" from people whaling on everything is completely meaningless for lowspenders/f2p)
    but if you actually meant BETTER than you would have some serious issues ;)

The widely used “whale” term is usually thrown around with little information on a player’s paying habits. Much like many players label who ever beats them in GAC a cheater, I feel many people label players who are “good at this game” as “whales”. And by “good” I mean.. understand and take advantage of the balance required to stay near the top by using the correct amount of resources...aka ‘Hoard and Bored”.

the op was talking about someone from the new whalechat video of cubs
    its really hard to confuse someone that spent between 30k and 100k on this game with just a better player

Hmm. I used all my get1 on gear only and not once have I failed. There were a couple of toons I had to pass on just like this one but that's far from failure by any stretch. But at the end of the day both choices will meet at the fork in the road at one point. If you used get1 on shards, you more than likely (unless spending) have factions with holes in the lineups and some not even built versus people like us who don't, we just don't have some of the get1 toons. But saying you will fail just isn't accurate at all.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    and besides one guy they were giving advices like
    "luke is good, if you cant get a gl or a 2. gl then get luke"
    talking like luke is for the poor
    hell if you dont have both gls why would you waste at least 5 g12 finishers (or more depending where you are at + the gear luke needs himself to be useable) on luke to have nothing after that

get him if you love him or like his art or whatever
    but dont get him because you are not ready for a gl yet
  • Edison wrote: »
    I've been playing for a long while, but I also don't spend any money and am in a guild that doesn't even track daily tickets or have a discord.

I've sat out a lot of events beause I don't give this game the attention I used to. I use GET to purchase the typical sort of gear that is in the shop that most people need, carbanitis, guns, etc.

I've got a 7* Hoda, Wampa, and Malak. I don't have GAS but I am also sitting on 109K GET1 currency.

While I disagree with most everything surrounding CG, these events, GLs, etc - I don't see the Wampa/Hoda thing as the biggest issue in the event.

I need more gear pieces/G13s than I can get with my reserves here in order to participate in the event (participate being the operative word, because we don't know how much higher than the minimum is needed to actually beat it.)

That being said... I wouldn't need to whale out to get them there, in the grand scheme of spending in this game it would cost me significantly less than even a single marquee.

"Playing a long while" also implies you played a long time with just the Hoth TBs, which reward a significant amount of additional GET1 vs Geo TB. So that alone says you've been earning a far greater amount of GET1 and over a longer period of time
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    "Playing a long while" also implies you played a long time with just the Hoth TBs, which reward a significant amount of additional GET1 vs Geo TB. So that alone says you've been earning a far greater amount of GET1 and over a longer period of time

Totally fair point. I honestly forget that mode has been out for almost 3 years, so when they were talking about a 2 year old account not possibly being able to have everything, I was thinking that spanned the entire TBs.

That being said, by the provided math - that's about 45-50K GET, which depending on priority would put me about 10K shy of being able to have 7*'d every GET character.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Wait, aren’t whales the ones complaining that they can’t just buy wampa and hoda? Am I reading this thread wrong?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I myself in a guild that is doing to 3p to 31 star per dark side geo TB which gives us 6,200 GET1 per month, we get 13 star in light side geo TB which gives us 4,600 GET1, and usually its 50% win ration in TW that lands us around 1,800 GET1 per month, that brings our total income of GET1 to a 12,200 GET1.

We need 70,300 GET1 for Malak, 70,300 GET1 for GAS which is roughly 6 and half months of hording GET1 and not getting single gear for each of those characters.

We also need 89,100 GET1 for Wampa and 89,100 for Hyoda, now that would be around 7 and half months of hording GET1 per charact.

Including all of this means a 26 months of farming GET1 for these characters and not buying gear from the GET1 shop.

I don't know about you people but Malak and GAS are way more powerful than both Hyoda and wampa combined together, so you whales that were talking nonsense in Cubs channel about how a 2 year old dolphin should have both of these characters come here and explain to me why I'm wrong,

Also don't forget that hyperspace bundle did not exist so dolphin or not you had to grind your way to lvl 85 and unless if you were a whale you would have no chance of getting into a good guild that would get you a lot of GET1

I was in a low level guild before they reworked guilds to include the starter guild.

I had hoda and wampa and malak before i moved to a guild that could do heroic sith raid. I got gas done in feb which was my 2 year anniversary
  • Edison wrote: »

Totally fair point. I honestly forget that mode has been out for almost 3 years, so when they were talking about a 2 year old account not possibly being able to have everything, I was thinking that spanned the entire TBs.

That being said, by the provided math - that's about 45-50K GET, which depending on priority would put me about 10K shy of being able to have 7*'d every GET character.
    This is something @Its_not_a_moon doesn’t address either.

If he’s been playing 2years, then at least 6 months of that was before GeoTB even existed, so his calculations on GET1 income are out.

That, and he admitted to using GET1 for gear. The best advice is, always has been, and will remain: farm everything.