Revan's kit was actually JKL's real kit then they panicked

Prev13
Ultra
6678 posts Member
edited October 27
Convince me otherwise,

Jedi Knight Revan was a Jedi of the Old Republic but his kit synergies with all the Jedi in the game, and who is known as the penultimate Jedi in this game? Old Republic tag is an obvious nod to Rebels

1. Luke Skywalker, it makes sense that Luke would be the ultimate Jedi leader which currently belongs to Jedi Knight Revan

2. Savior - When I played KOTOR I, my JKR killed Juhani. How can he be the savior? Its obvious the ability was about Luke saving Darth Vader from the Dark Side

3. Hero - obviously talking about Luke, who destroyed the Death Star, and led the rebellion. His heroic deeds is the reason he's the driving plot of The Force Awakens

4. JKR's lead gives bonuses for Jedi and Old Republic, obviously it was Rebels but CG panicked and changed it to OR last minute

5. Lets not forget Luke is the master strategist, who else would come up with the brilliant idea of hiding inside a tauntaun to weather out a cold storm

Its obvious CG saw that nobody was farming OR toons and the financial people at CG looked at cash flow before the end of quarter and said "were getting a lot of pressure from corporate to turn a bigger profit this quarter, maybe slap jkl's face on there and see if we can get a 20% bump for our shareholders."

m8tgmaf5jpam.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE OMG
  • TVF
    25688 posts Member
    I can't fight the truth.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    While the JKL/Mace theory is a little nutty, at least there’s some logic to be found in it.

    Not sure how any of this has any logic regarding timing, etc... , except maybe savior making more sense for JKL.

    Decent enough attempt though

    4/10

    Look at the synergies

    CG never said JKR synergies with Bastila or Jolee... that's because it was a last minute edit

    I know this is all a joke, just don’t see how the release of JKR and his kit has anything to do with the release of JKL and his kit.

    The tiny bits of logic in the JKL/Mace thing are nowhere to be found here.

    Why is it a joke?
  • I'm waiting for the tauntaun to be farmable. Before I go for JKL
  • khdelboy
    494 posts Member
    Came in for the lols.

    Found it not funny.

    Leaves thread.

    Joke score: 1/10
  • TVF
    25688 posts Member
    Or is it?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It would be nice if these CG employees would get off their burner accounts and get some new content out to the community.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    It would be nice if these CG employees would get off their burner accounts and get some new content out to the community.

    This isn’t new content?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • It's an obvious parody as some of the arguments are so hilarious, but coming from a guy whose argumentation on serious issues is usually much more profound, whether I agree with it or not. :D
  • TVF
    25688 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    It would be nice if these CG employees would get off their burner accounts and get some new content out to the community.

    @CG_SBCrumb please log out of the Ultra account to divulge insider information that JKR's kit is actually Luke's kit but Carrie played favoritism!

    Thanks!

    If Crumb is currently logged in to the Ultra account, then who are you?

    *suspicious eyes*
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    4902 posts Member
    And this version probably had a rebel tag. They just swapped it for OR.
  • TVF
    25688 posts Member
    Thanks Ahnald.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    While the JKL/Mace theory is a little nutty, at least there’s some logic to be found in it.

    Not sure how any of this has any logic regarding timing, etc... , except maybe savior making more sense for JKL.

    Decent enough attempt though

    4/10

    Look at the synergies

    CG never said JKR synergies with Bastila or Jolee... that's because it was a last minute edit

    I know this is all a joke, just don’t see how the release of JKR and his kit has anything to do with the release of JKL and his kit.

    The tiny bits of logic in the JKL/Mace thing are nowhere to be found here.

    Why is it a joke?

    A parody of the JKL/Mace thing?

    The JKL/Mace thing isn't a joke? Seemed like a well crafted one to me
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CCyrilS
    4902 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    While the JKL/Mace theory is a little nutty, at least there’s some logic to be found in it.

    Not sure how any of this has any logic regarding timing, etc... , except maybe savior making more sense for JKL.

    Decent enough attempt though

    4/10

    Look at the synergies

    CG never said JKR synergies with Bastila or Jolee... that's because it was a last minute edit

    I know this is all a joke, just don’t see how the release of JKR and his kit has anything to do with the release of JKL and his kit.

    The tiny bits of logic in the JKL/Mace thing are nowhere to be found here.

    Why is it a joke?

    A parody of the JKL/Mace thing?

    The JKL/Mace thing isn't a joke? Seemed like a well crafted one to me

    Made me laugh
  • Gifafi
    4993 posts Member
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but this actually makes sense. I think the real key is that they knew if they released jkl back then then the game would end and this way they got to milk profits for another year and a half (iirc), minimum.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    6678 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but this actually makes sense. I think the real key is that they knew if they released jkl back then then the game would end and this way they got to milk profits for another year and a half (iirc), minimum.

    It was around the same time they went from a 3 year plan to a 5 year plan too! After everyone thought JKR broke the game

    Which is something we all knew was Jedi Knight Luke's job... and its been 2 years since JKR was released
  • I don’t believe this theory. CG obviously cares about more than just money and profits.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    While the JKL/Mace theory is a little nutty, at least there’s some logic to be found in it.

    Not sure how any of this has any logic regarding timing, etc... , except maybe savior making more sense for JKL.

    Decent enough attempt though

    4/10

    Look at the synergies

    CG never said JKR synergies with Bastila or Jolee... that's because it was a last minute edit

    I know this is all a joke, just don’t see how the release of JKR and his kit has anything to do with the release of JKL and his kit.

    The tiny bits of logic in the JKL/Mace thing are nowhere to be found here.

    Why is it a joke?

    A parody of the JKL/Mace thing?

    The JKL/Mace thing isn't a joke? Seemed like a well crafted one to me

    I thought all forum threads were jokes, or have I been wrong this whole time?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    4993 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but this actually makes sense. I think the real key is that they knew if they released jkl back then then the game would end and this way they got to milk profits for another year and a half (iirc), minimum.

    So, it was a long drawn out panic that started with all he OR marquees that had nothing to do with JKL at all?

    Good theory

    Follow the $$$, man
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but this actually makes sense. I think the real key is that they knew if they released jkl back then then the game would end and this way they got to milk profits for another year and a half (iirc), minimum.

    So, it was a long drawn out panic that started with all he OR marquees that had nothing to do with JKL at all?

    Good theory

    Follow the $$$, man

    I don’t buy that. CG doesn’t care about money. They care more about the lore and spirit of Star Wars.
Sign In or Register to comment.