George Lucas hates the new trilogy?

13Next

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    But like we said, fans didnt like what he did with the PT so why do you care that he is back?

Some fans didn't like the prequels. Many others including myself like them. There are issues but the actual story is solid. Something that can't be said of the sequels.

Revenge of the sith is my second favorite star wars movie after empire.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Actually, j.j. DID create a cohesive story, Johnson just dropped it.

Several problems actually started with ep 7. Granted ep 8 made many of them worse. The biggest issue being that the main protagonist beats the villain in the first movie with no training. This could have been fixed in ep 8 with kylo receiving more training or by having smoke be the main villain but rian ruined that too.

But in reality, it shouldn't have been created in the first place. Rey should have lost to kylo t barely escape. Maybe have her saved by Luke. That would leave room for her to grow as a character and make kylo a more menacing villain.

But they cared more about a strong female character than stakes in the next two movies.

Several problems actually started with ep 7. Granted ep 8 made many of them worse. The biggest issue being that the main protagonist beats the villain in the first movie with no training. This could have been fixed in ep 8 with kylo receiving more training or by having smoke be the main villain but rian ruined that too.

But in reality, it shouldn't have been created in the first place. Rey should have lost to kylo t barely escape. Maybe have her saved by Luke. That would leave room for her to grow as a character and make kylo a more menacing villain.

But they cared more about a strong female character than stakes in the next two movies.

I will say the same thing I have said many times to everyone I know, at that moment at the end of the episode 7, they should have luke be there and grab the lightsaber and try to defeat Kylo to only realize no matter how much stronger he is, he doesn't have it in him to actually hurt him, from there home would have just bought time for Chewy to come in with the falcon to save Rey, Luke, and Finn and from there he would have trained her to help bring kylo back to the light side and defeat snoke, while Rey would have wanted to kill Kylo because he killed Han, Luke would have had to convince her that there is still good in him and he can be redeemed.
  • Nihion
    2979 posts Member
    Hey I don’t even have to pay for this book!

I will say the same thing I have said many times to everyone I know, at that moment at the end of the episode 7, they should have luke be there and grab the lightsaber and try to defeat Kylo to only realize no matter how much stronger he is, he doesn't have it in him to actually hurt him, from there home would have just bought time for Chewy to come in with the falcon to save Rey, Luke, and Finn and from there he would have trained her to help bring kylo back to the light side and defeat snoke, while Rey would have wanted to kill Kylo because he killed Han, Luke would have had to convince her that there is still good in him and he can be redeemed.

I agree something similar. Luke comes in beats kylo but doesn't kill him, either doesn't have it in him or the planet is about to explode and he sees it as more important to save Rey.

Or even if they would have had kylo beat Luke, it would have been better than the way they did it.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    As long as more stars wars stuff comes out I'll be happy. I'll be ecstatic if it's good too

I'm in the same boat. I like most of what's come out. Everything has its flaws and I can look passed those flaws in some cases because I just love Star Wars. We didn't get any movies from '83 to '99, and again from '05 to '15. (I don't really count The Clone Wars movie as an actual movie itself despite being a theatrical release.) I'm just happy to get what I can get.