When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• So, the advice you’re offering to people is “spend some money”?

To people who have already spent money.
    And to everyone else?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    You are dropping because of the AI cheese. Which needs to be addressed. The moment it gets addressed you will only see Reys with GK JKR GAS to use savior and crit immunity to block the crit train

Kylo does ultimate loops. Not one after the other but with interval of one turn. Plenty of videos out there.

The only thing ppl ask for rey is crit immunity while ultimate, and possibly, during her ultimate to prevent her from getting stacks (or take slower) so that we won't get another loop.

Edit 2: Let apart teams that counter the GLs. Look at Rey vs SLKR.

I'm dropping because nothing holds on defense, cheese team or not. Still curious about those "ultimate loops", any specific videos to look up there?
    Legend91 wrote: »
    If you went for a GL before even knowing the kits - own fault
    If you didn't compare the pro/contra arguments for each and are now upset that your GL is bad at something that the other GL is better at - own fault
    They changed one of the kits AFTER people unlocked GLs. Whose fault is that?

And it changed nothing. Yes it made Kylo a little bit stronger and it shut down the GAS+1 thing (which I was not a fan of) but GL Rey still beats Kylo and vice versa. Different kinds of mixed counter teams still defeat different kinds of Kylo teams. No relevance for the FO fleet, no relevance for HSR.

A little stronger with ultimate loops, solo raid, (almost) impossible to kill without bringing 4 previous meta. hmmm, kind of biased aren't we?

Which ultimate loops? He was able to easily solo the HSR before the buff so I don't see how the buff has any relevance in that regard (hence I stated that above - no relevance for HSR). SE + Thrawn + pretaunt counters a full FO SLKR team just to name an example, that's 1 meta team (SE) + 2 side chars so I don't see where you would lose 4 previous meta teams (not to forget that you don't lose a full team just because you take 1 char away from that team, clones can be still used under Shaak-Ti if you take out GAS).
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    If you went for a GL before even knowing the kits - own fault
    If you didn't compare the pro/contra arguments for each and are now upset that your GL is bad at something that the other GL is better at - own fault
    They changed one of the kits AFTER people unlocked GLs. Whose fault is that?

And it changed nothing. Yes it made Kylo a little bit stronger and it shut down the GAS+1 thing (which I was not a fan of) but GL Rey still beats Kylo and vice versa. Different kinds of mixed counter teams still defeat different kinds of Kylo teams. No relevance for the FO fleet, no relevance for HSR.

It doesn't matter. If one of them got buffs to be more equal, then Rey should get Syphon + Ult start at 60% and lasting 2-3 turns + anti-Mark thing SLKR has. Now it's kinda fraud - I never saw new Kylo's kit to choose him as they buffed it AFTER, he wasn't (and wasn't supposed to) so good defensively at all, his full FO squads performed awfully, etc.

Ah, because Kylo got a small addition to his kit Rey should get major parts of Kylos kit, lol. If Kylo is "so good defensively" I wonder why I'm still dropping in the ladder...And you never had to set a full FO on defense to begin with. There are enough options that were better for arena such as SLKR with SE or GAS,Fives,Hux,SLKR,Malak so if people felt the need to set full FO SLKR on defense that was their own fault.

Reading that just proves that you have no idea at all what you are talking about
    Sadly
    But one day you will learn the truth

Feel free to elaborate.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Kylo was NEVER a bad character. Rey just seemed like the logically best first pick. Then they buff him after release, making Rey super RNG dependent.. That is not what we asked for.

Rey with full resistance squad should be just as useful as Kylo + FO. No excuses.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH1sFfcHGRI
    1.05: SLKR enters ultimate.
    1.30: Takes first turn - invincible
    1.37: Takes second turn - invincible
    1.44: Takes third turn - invincible
    1.59: Enters Ultimate.

No turns between 1.44 and 1.59. Want more?
    @Legend91
    Assume Rey had ultimate -> Changes? Nada. Crits still pass
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kylo was NEVER a bad character. Rey just seemed like the logically best first pick. Then they buff him after release, making Rey super RNG dependent.. That is not what we asked for.

Rey with full resistance squad should be just as useful as Kylo + FO. No excuses.

Well, according to the forum he was trash and now he's a demi god. Kylo was always the better pick (as first pick or if someone only goes for 1 of them) for numerous reasons and Its Just Ian was one of the few youtubers to point it out (he's one of the youtubers that have a better understanding of the game, he definitely deserves more viewers).

Who says you need to use a full res Rey vs Kylo?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining? One character will always be better than another.
    Because most players have limited resources and were forced to choose to commit to one or the other. CG changed the effectiveness of one after many people had either unlocked or at least had already committed significant resources toward the other. In other words, most people's decision was based on false information. Again, not sure how this is so difficult for people to grasp.

Yes, I know that. However, most of the people I assume are complaining have spent money. It only makes sense. So why can’t they just go for Kylo?
    However, if Rey does get a buff and becomes better than Kylo (which she most likely will), all the people who got Kylo will start complaining.

Don't assume. I haven't spent money to get Rey. I'm not spending it to get Kylo. That's not the point, nor the reason for the frustration. But by your logic, if they buff Rey, then the Kyloplainers should just get Rey then?

I'm beginning to see the problem though. Most of the people saying it's fine that CG changed the characters after players committed resources to one or the other seem to be struggling with consistent application of logic....as noted above.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because most players have limited resources and were forced to choose to commit to one or the other. CG changed the effectiveness of one after many people had either unlocked or at least had already committed significant resources toward the other. In other words, most people's decision was based on false information. Again, not sure how this is so difficult for people to grasp.

Yes, I know that. However, most of the people I assume are complaining have spent money. It only makes sense. So why can’t they just go for Kylo?
    However, if Rey does get a buff and becomes better than Kylo (which she most likely will), all the people who got Kylo will start complaining.

Don't assume. I haven't spent money to get Rey. I'm not spending it to get Kylo. That's not the point, nor the reason for the frustration. But by your logic, if they buff Rey, then the Kyloplainers should just get Rey then?

I'm beginning to see the problem though. Most of the people saying it's fine that CG changed the characters after players committed resources to one or the other seem to be struggling with consistent application of logic....as noted above.

Yes, get both GLs and then everyone is happy. And the key word I said is “most.”
    If you’re not going to put in the effort to get both GLs and complain that one is worse than the other (which one should be), then don’t complain. I see people saying to others “It’s your fault you didn’t go for X, when they will be needed in the future. Stop complaining and get them.”
    But hey, I don’t own a GL, so I won’t go any further than this. I’m sure you understand my point, so there’s no need for me to go into greater detail.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

To people who have already spent money.
    And to everyone else?
    Do what you already did.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Well, according to the forum he was trash and now he's a demi god. Kylo was always the better pick (as first pick or if someone only goes for 1 of them) for numerous reasons and Its Just Ian was one of the few youtubers to point it out (he's one of the youtubers that have a better understanding of the game, he definitely deserves more viewers).

Meh. He was never trash. Pre-buff, he was always a PvE beast and better than any squad that wasn't Rey in PvP.

Pre-buff there were numerous reasons to pick Rey. Among them were GAC, TW, Arena & LSGTB (there are already enough squads for DSGTB so SLKR wasn't needed.) Now, the the reasons slant toward Kylo.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2020

“According to forum” lol

To beat Kylo, It’s almost guaranteed that you have to break some of your already important teams, compared with Kylo and his FO friends. Because of how GAC matchmaking works, it will only get harder if you have Rey. While G13 resistance sits on the bench, Kylo can just be placed with his FO and basically just press auto. Rey needs to sacrifice so much in comparison.

And don’t make me talk about the raids, which was already in Kylo’s favor.

This is not balanced at all anymore.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Meh. He was never trash. Pre-buff, he was always a PvE beast and better than any squad that wasn't Rey in PvP.

Pre-buff there were numerous reasons to pick Rey. Among them were GAC, TW, Arena & LSGTB (there are already enough squads for DSGTB so SLKR wasn't needed.) Now, the the reasons slant toward Kylo.

It was sarcasm, the forum always refers to new chars as "trash" within the first 5 secs the char kit is revealed with the latest victim of the overwhelming insight of the forum being JKL.
    In regards to the Rey vs Kylo comparison I'm too lazy to repost what I wrote a few days ago and will just link it:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2122049#Comment_2122049

“According to forum” lol

To beat Kylo, It’s almost guaranteed that you have to break some of your already important teams, compared with Kylo and his FO friends. Because of how GAC matchmaking works, it will only get harder if you have Rey. While G13 resistance sits on the bench, Kylo can just be placed with his FO and basically just press auto. Rey needs to sacrifice so much in comparison.

A full FO Kylo can be beaten by DR,BSF,Malak,Thrawn,pretaunt (not really what I would call breaking up teams as it's SE+2) or Padme+GAS+Wat (more resource intensive but to counter a Rey you'd have to bring up the same value). Check out Kiaowe for all kinds of GL counters, he does a good job on covering them and he's another youtuber that I'd highly recommend.
    It was very clear from the kit reveal already that he'd be dominating the raids thx to his siphon mechanic. If people were caring that much about HSR (and it was definitely a major point to consider) and chose to go for Rey that was their decision.
  • What everyone complains in this Rey VS SLKR dispute is how he is unstoppable by her in arena and how he gets way too fast ultimates in comparison to Rey. There are counters, will always be and should.
    Someone asked proof, i've sent video, watch and explain me how this is balanced for those "iconic duos"
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

@Legend91

Nice use of GK there.
  • Don’t think rey should get buffed. Think the characters that are used to get the GLS should. Relic 5 rose should hit hard. Phasma should get something. Say, if she is with Hux, she can ensure he doesn’t get critically hit whilst she has advantage or something... her damage should be coming from her team. And if she doesn’t get that rework, buff her damage so she can do something

@Legend91

Nice use of GK there.

GK changes nothing. Instead of <no turns> he will take 1-2.
    So you agree team is not viable without GK but SLKR team is fine with full FO. Thanks
  • Dobregt
    14 posts Member
    Rey is buffed now with jkl. If u want a buffed rey maybe u want a rey team that also defend with basic and no ultimate. What do u say?
  • Who said anything about defence?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

@Legend91

Nice use of GK there.

So you agree team is not viable without GK but SLKR team is fine with full FO. Thanks

Are you actually trolling? Anyway I'm done here.

I like taking advice from those that watch videos and base theories upon them instead of actual experience :D

@Legend91

Nice use of GK there.

Are you actually trolling? Anyway I'm done here.

I am not. You asked for proof, i gave you.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yes, get both GLs and then everyone is happy. And the key word I said is “most.”
    If you’re not going to put in the effort to get both GLs and complain that one is worse than the other (which one should be), then don’t complain. I see people saying to others “It’s your fault you didn’t go for X, when they will be needed in the future. Stop complaining and get them.”
    But hey, I don’t own a GL, so I won’t go any further than this. I’m sure you understand my point, so there’s no need for me to go into greater detail.
    I definitely don’t understand your point.

One GL should be worse than the other? Why?

And more to the point, you still haven’t addressed the fact that the kit of one of these toons was changed after many had committed resources on the other.

And you seem to be suggesting that people who spent money to get Rey should just spend more money to get Kylo and be done with it; whilst those who got Rey for free (I’m one of them) should just get Kylo for free and be done with it.

The one bit of your point I do get is that you don’t own either GL. The scattergun nature of your posts in this thread make that abundantly clear, and continuing this debate seems pointless.
  • Juldi
    59 posts Member
    I don't think it's worth arguing ... the kylo holders are in bad faith. not long ago when you told them that to stop gas cheese it was enough to include malak in the team, they shouted in scandal by replying that the team had to work with FO characters only. But now that the situation is reversed what is their response? Use GK, use jkr, use GAS ....
    And if I buy something but the rules of the contract are changed afterwards, it's called fraudulent sale
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    A lot of people claiming, “you just have to know what you’re doing to beat SLKR with Rey.” That is true to an extent.

For someone like me, however, who is not a kraken, and if I’m a whale, I’m definitely one of the smaller whales, I have to beat the player with the 44th highest GP IN THE GAME for 1st place in my arena every day. Before the SLKR buff, I always beat him in 1-3 attempts. After the buff, I’ve beat him ONCE out of probably 30 attempts. I kill his whole team with all 5 of my toons standing. Then SLKR enters ultimate and is immune to all damage until he wipes my entire team.

It was sarcasm, the forum always refers to new chars as "trash" within the first 5 secs the char kit is revealed with the latest victim of the overwhelming insight of the forum being JKL.
    In regards to the Rey vs Kylo comparison I'm too lazy to repost what I wrote a few days ago and will just link it:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2122049#Comment_2122049

“According to forum” lol

A full FO Kylo can be beaten by DR,BSF,Malak,Thrawn,pretaunt (not really what I would call breaking up teams as it's SE+2) or Padme+GAS+Wat (more resource intensive but to counter a Rey you'd have to bring up the same value). Check out Kiaowe for all kinds of GL counters, he does a good job on covering them and he's another youtuber that I'd highly recommend.
    It was very clear from the kit reveal already that he'd be dominating the raids thx to his siphon mechanic. If people were caring that much about HSR (and it was definitely a major point to consider) and chose to go for Rey that was their decision.

I'm honestly not sure what you are arguing.

IMHO Kylo was fine before his buff. At that point he was a PvE beast, and a notch below Rey in PvP.
    Many people made their choices of investing in one GL or another depending on if they wanted PvE or PvP. This seems fair.

THEN Kylo got a buff.
    Now not only is he still a PvE beast but he's also equal to Rey in PvP.
    That's an imbalance that seems fair for people to be a bit upset about.

Either make both GL's equal in both phases of the game, or make people pick and choose.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member

“According to forum” lol

Im not talking about counters, Im talking about Rey compared to Kylo.

And I was already well aware about Kylo’s raid benefits - before he got buffed
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    Once they fix Kylo's AI the long term play for CG has to be to give people a reason to go for Rey, too. She had some arguable PvP advantage going for her before but not anymore. After Kylo fix and people finding optimal configurations Rey will be winning <30-50% of her matches vs. Kylo on offense. Kylo will be winning >90% vs. Rey. There will probably be a Kylo team that cannot be beaten by Sith Empire while there is no such team for Rey, so Rey teams will be dropping in the arena vs. Kylo does not. Kylo can also solo the Sith raid while Rey has no value in there.

Kylo could be tuned back down (like by removing the +30 speed lead bonus) but it should be more interesting to just buff Rey to better match Kylo. Here are some suggestions. CG could choose all or some, but all are probably needed to bring her up to par.

1) Lifeblood's Crit Immunity changed to unpreventable and undispellable.
    2) Rey given Support role in addition to those already existing. No touching relic.
    3) Resistance Hero Poe's unique's max health damage improved vs. % max health damage resistant targets.

Currently Reys are not really using the Resistance Heroes so these buffs should achieve creating a reason to bring out more thematic teams.
  • Of all the suggestions permanent undispellable anti-crit as a part of Rey's kit seems veeeery easy and reasonable to imply to get her back on par at arena. SLKR will still crush her on offense, no one gonna get hurt
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Are you people mad? You're asking to buff the most powerful character in the game.
    Oh wait, look who I'm talking to
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Are you people mad? You're asking to buff the most powerful character in the game.
    Oh wait, look who I'm talking to

2nd most powerful - and therein lies the reason. The buff to Kylo came after many players committed to Rey based on the kits and functionality of both at the time they were released.

Yes, you're talking to end-game players. Not everyone started playing 2 years ago. Sorry if that bothers you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

How do you beat this squad ? And you want her to have a buff? She has so many Legendary allies to chose from to make a team that it is totally different from the last , whereas kylo is stuck with FO.