• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Congrats on winning a mirror I guess
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    mahlor wrote: »
    They keep deleting my post titled #refundsForRey. I wonder why???

Against the forum rules

You should check your email for the why next time
  • Stonefist
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I have to say.... I was only the 3rd person in my guild and in the top 10 of the people in my shard who unlocked Rey. I unlocked her 3 days before the Kylo buff. She wasn't even g13 yet.
    There was almost no way anyone could have gotten her in time to actually get any benefit from her before she was made what now a C squad!?
    The meta shifts. I get it 100%. But that was so fast it was almost criminal 😂
  • I have been extremely loyal to this game. I haven't missed a daily login ever. I don't even want to admit what was spent on Rey lol.
    You guys could have at least bought me dinner first 😉😜
    So yep. With things going the way they are I will quite likely be hanging up the old blasters.
    Ya got me good CG 😅 It won't happen again
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    Stonefist wrote: »
    I have been extremely loyal to this game. I haven't missed a daily login ever. I don't even want to admit what was spent on Rey lol.
    You guys could have at least bought me dinner first 😉😜
    So yep. With things going the way they are I will quite likely be hanging up the old blasters.
    Ya got me good CG 😅 It won't happen again

Lol yep!! Well maybe it is true about the rumors of this game coming to the end of its life. They are trying to get half the whales to stop spending and quit or go FTP so when they pull the plug on new feature updates they can blame it on slow down in revenue.

I’d be hanging the old blasters too but have friends in the guild so will still participate as FTP to help them all out.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    tomostef wrote: »
    Ppl play greedy games, support them with bunch of $$ and now its a problem?! You are the problem, not the greedy devs....

Did we create the shard system? Could they have avoided creating a system that relied on essentially buying currency in game? They could of just had purchases for energy regeneration buffs and item drop buffs. No crystals for sale. They didn’t though they built a system so they can generate more revenue. This in turn keeps lights on and should allow hiring of more developers, Ux/ designers, solution owners, community outreach, marketing and qa folks while bringing in more profit. Your little game with out those who spend in the system they created would of died out a long time ago if it wasn’t for the people spending in their system.
  • rukesh
    14 posts Member
    Pretty much in same state.. specially with kylo getting buff again and again and rey not even being viable in raid is just killing it for rey users
  • Ultra wrote: »
    mahlor wrote: »
    They keep deleting my post titled #refundsForRey. I wonder why???

Against the forum rules

You should check your email for the why next time

Oh, I know why, thanks. Calling out legitimately criminal behavior on their forums doesn’t sit well.

• DemonR
    68 posts Member
    I dont understand all the angst from Rey owners?
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/ she is LITERALLY the MOST popular leader of Rank 1 Arena teams. 41%of all ranked 1 positions has her as leader. Kylo is leader of 30% of teams.

Rey is in 42% of Arena Rank 1 teams - Kylo is in 31% of teams.

Why the whinge??
  • Zanir wrote: »
    2nd most powerful toon in the game needs a buff? For real?

She was 1st initially before they buffed SLKR to start with + she's a joke at arena compared to SLKR right now, so yeah - it should be adressed ASAP
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    DemonR wrote: »
    I dont understand all the angst from Rey owners?
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/ she is LITERALLY the MOST popular leader of Rank 1 Arena teams. 41%of all ranked 1 positions has her as leader. Kylo is leader of 30% of teams.

Rey is in 42% of Arena Rank 1 teams - Kylo is in 31% of teams.

Why the whinge??

A lot of people chose her initially and don't have the resources to get Kylo this fast. Meta report is meaningless when switching to the favored GL takes months.
  • Crazy. It's almost like feeding a faceless company absurd amounts of money when they don't communicate or provide regular content ENCOURAGES them to make minimal effort to correct things. You chose to dump hundreds/thousands on the character by choice. You're a grown up, so why not make a smarter decision, like waiting for things to settle before forking over a truckload of money for a new and shiny character?
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    1 Kylo was as good as rey in arena. Now with Vader able to beat Rey, Kylo is better in arena.
    2 Since Kylo has good synergie with FO and Rey needs other light side chars like GAS, Kylo is better in grand arena.
    3 Kylo is far better in raids.
    I’d advice everyone to get Kylo and ignore Rey. She is a big disappointment. Not worth the effort.
  • With all the repeated changes and buffs to Kylo, I think it’s only fair that Rey owners get a buff to Rey. The so called 5s cheese isnt even a guaranteed win for the padme team, and under Rey still requires proper timing of your skills and managing immunity in order to survive.

3 simple changes to Rey to at least balance her in PVP-
    1. Crit immunity from lifeblood to be made unpreventable and undispellable
    2. All light side units are immune to critical hits during Rey’s ultimate
    3. Increase speed buff from +30 to +60 for rey’s leadership to balance against the +30 buff that was given to Kylo.

This fixes the ultimate looping that Kylo gets from Rey while she’s in ultimate form, and restores the speed balance that was there when the GLs were first released.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    You will never have a Rey buff. They made enough money on her. They dont care about her anymore.

Now is for Kylo, c'mon look at the buff for Kylo, please spend money on him. Money money moneyyyyyy that all matters. **** money destroying another game.

Rey is crap compared to Kylo now.

Can we get a refund ? LOL
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Rey is **** crap compared to Kylo.

No matter what kylo users says. He destroys everything in PvP AND PvE. He slaps Rey in the face.

Never go for Rey people. CG already made enough money on her and they will never care about Rey users. You are the money, the money is for Kylo.

Pathetic greedy company that doesnt care about Star Wars. All of them should be fired
  • I suggest other improvements for Rey (suitable for Kylo too):
    When someone (not GL) inters a battle against Rey they lose and get banned for trying to counter GL. When you attack you always win.
  • ArtemGOH wrote: »
    I suggest other improvements for Rey (suitable for Kylo too):
    When someone (not GL) inters a battle against Rey they lose and get banned for trying to counter GL. When you attack you always win.

I dont really care about non-gl counters, but rey has to be on par with slkr in arena.
  • Well, Rey works in arena because of Fives. Everyone switches to Fives against SLKR and then back to Jedi. Once they fix the AI, Rey will disappear from the meta report because she won't be able to beat double tank SLKRs teams. They should give Rey teams double damage against enemies with advantage to offset the crit immunity buff they gave to SLKR. That will also keep all the Rey counters intact since none of them use advantage. SLKR will still be better defensively, but at least Rey will be able to climb in arena. Either that or leave the broken AI against Fives, which would also keep the Padme counters in place.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Borat wrote: »
    I don't know about you but Phasma, FOST, FOSFTP, FOTP, OG Kylo and Smuggler Han are just as useless as Rose, Holdo, RT, OG Rey, Smuggler Chewie, and OG Poe. You need the same amount of useless characters for both. In addition, she was NOT A JEDI! she never completed the training, just like Commander Luke isn't a Jedi. Just because you carry a lightsaber doesn't make you a jedi. Finn used one in Ep 7. I climb to 1 every day and never drop below 15 in Arena with GL Rey, JTR, Gas, Wat and GK. I have no issues beating SLKR with all FO and with DR malak wat on 1 try. In GAC she often has multiple defends and has won me more than a fair share of matches because she wasn't beaten and i use both Heros, Holdo and swap in HY or JTR depending on what my opponent has so no teams destroyed or broken up for GAC. TW she is used on Offense mostly because she can beat anything.

AI is always horrendous. That is why my GG fleet team can beat a fully maxed 7* GK fleet at 5*. That is also why you can always beat a GAS mirror match with an inferior team almost 100% of the time against AI. I don't know what you are doing wrong with your Rey team to feel this way but my arena has 12 Rey teams, 3 SLKR teams and the rest GAS in top 20. Of those with Rey teams, 10 of them have SLKR too but use Rey because she holds better on D.

As far as ultimates, Rey's can one shot kylo with protection, Klyo's doesn't one shot Rey unless she is in the red. Also, Reys special can one shot a toon with full protection. Kylo doesnt have a special that can do that.

It is cool to read that you need a darkside toon to make the so called immortal lightside toon working.... lol

Not mentionning that no resistance toons fit in her team in arena. Very well designed, solid synergy
  • ArtemGOH wrote: »
    I suggest other improvements for Rey (suitable for Kylo too):

I dont really care about non-gl counters, but rey has to be on par with slkr in arena.

And she isn’t?

Serious question.

She might not be quite at his level in PVP at the moment, but I (Along with several others in my shard) have no issues climbing to the top every day with Rey.
    In fact, I prefer to attack Kylo instead of Rey while I am climbing as it is a more consistent win rate (and I am using g12 Wat and JKR to climb with against pure Relic teams).

Any slight advantage to Kylo in arena is to me offset by the improved performance in Geo LS TB - I could wish she performed a bit better in raids, as Kylo is definitely superior there, And he may offer a bit more versatility in GAC/TW, but when it comes to straight arena battles, they both win quite handily on offense, that is good enough for me.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I have always had decent mods, I equal or beat almost all my GAC opponents in mods. I say this to preface my next statement.

When facing GL Kylo with GL Rey I almost always lose in arena. My only real reliable counter was swapping to padme lead with 5s and using Rey on that team to lifeblood 5s which would only work due to SLKR AI.

At first I tried a full resistance team thinking that's where Rey would shine, since Kylos best team is full FO. That got trashed hard and fast.

I tried mixing resistance and jedi... trashed
    All jedi under Rey, taking away JKR and GS from their teams, and GK away from padme, thinking maybe GK crit immunity would help. With this I can at least get to a 1v1 situation, where Kylo has ramped up damage mastery and slaughters Rey.

Honestly Rey is simply garbage compared to Kylo, and if CG offered a $100 pack to swap from one GL to the other, I'd buy it immediately so I could have the chosen one of CG. But they won't do that, so I'm left wondering if I still care to play CGs bait and switch game or simply quit mobile gaming entirely and just browse pinterest all day like my wife does. Its gotta be more rewarding than this!
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    @TheJEFFtm How are you playing that team? Because I'd rather a rey mirror anyday than face Kylo. I've run the JKR, Gs, GK, Wat team and I've got 30% win rate vs kylo at best. G12 JKR, 6* G11 Wat. Wat gets off his first tech then dies to kylos first AOE before his next tech since immediately after Kylo goes, hux or FOO gives him a bonus turn. Then if I'm lucky I can ultimate before Kylos first ultimate, and maybe kill off his team, but then Kylo does a second ultimate immediately after his first and wiped my team. I'm down to 1v1 Rey vs Kylo but hes got 120+ stacks of siphon and Rey just dies. It happens over and over again as I try different kill order or different team comps.

I still feel Rey and resistance and a whole needs a big change so that a full resistance team is on par with a full SLKR FO team.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Yeah they dont care about gamers or playerbase. We are just a wallet on leg for them. All of them. If I worked here, I would have quit because of their **** of our beloved Star wars universe.

No more passion in work, just business. They should not be in charge of a Star Wars licence. They should run an idle lambda game.

• Daishi wrote: »
    @TheJEFFtm How are you playing that team? Because I'd rather a rey mirror anyday than face Kylo. I've run the JKR, Gs, GK, Wat team and I've got 30% win rate vs kylo at best. G12 JKR, 6* G11 Wat. Wat gets off his first tech then dies to kylos first AOE before his next tech since immediately after Kylo goes, hux or FOO gives him a bonus turn. Then if I'm lucky I can ultimate before Kylos first ultimate, and maybe kill off his team, but then Kylo does a second ultimate immediately after his first and wiped my team. I'm down to 1v1 Rey vs Kylo but hes got 120+ stacks of siphon and Rey just dies. It happens over and over again as I try different kill order or different team comps.

I still feel Rey and resistance and a whole needs a big change so that a full resistance team is on par with a full SLKR FO team.

Same basic gameplay. I put the weapon tech on GAS (and only rarely does Wat survive to put a tank tech on GK - which is fine, the last thing you want is Wat assisting all over the place with his TM reduction on basic and increasing health/protection pools), spam lifeblood to keep the bonus protection rolling and eat the first ultimate, meanwhile mark and kill red boi ASAP, then block the second ultimate with my own - that usually keeps at least GK, GAS, and Rey in the fight if JKR isn’t hanging in there too, whirlwinds, ultimates, and the constant onslaught from GAS is usually more than enough to put them down in short order.
    It works over 90% of the time for me.