When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• Slaveen wrote: »
    @TheJEFFtm and others who say the Rey teams in their shard are tougher opponents than the SLKR teams tells me this: they’re in a noob shard.

I’m in a shard with guys with top 100 GPs in the game who have both GLs. I can beat their Rey’s with my Rey but I have about a 3% win rate at best against their SLKR teams. Granted, this is only a handful of teams with the very best mods. I can beat most other SLKR teams. The point is that when their Rey teams have those same god-tier mods, I can still beat them, but I can’t beat their SLKR except with rare and amazing RNG. I have a 28 speed cross, a 27 speed diamond, all 17-23 speed mods for the rest for my entire arena mods, and like fifty or more 100+ offense mods, several of which I also use for my arena team, so my mods aren’t terrible.

I wouldn't assume they are in a noob shard, I would say, maybe people are trying to beat Rey with the exact same Rey setup as the enemy, which imho is not the best way to do it.

The thing is when you go against a rey mirror there are lots of lineup changes you can make to win near flawlessly. The very common Rey, JKR, WAT, GAS, GK team can be pretty easily thrashed by multiple setups.

One such is Rey, Raid Han, RH Finn, JKR, GAS. Shoot Wat with han at the start. Mark him and kill him. Stay on GK after to not trigger his taunt. Windmill JKR. Make sure to use your ultimate after the other Rey uses hers (sometimes 2 turns after if yours is significantly faster).

Another is Rey, Raid Han, Chewie, STH, WAT. Shoot wat again. Tank Tech STH. Otherwise pretty much the same strategy. STH is near unkillable with lifeblood and tank tech. Can get a little dangerous at the end as the opposing rey has stacked some serious offense mastery.

And of course there is also Rey, bb8, 3p0, r2, finn. Make r2 fast. Smoke rey. JKR marks her and she buffs everything. Just keep the windmills going and its a non issue....

Now maybe there are multiple setups you can use against SLKR, but I haven't found em yet. Pretty much anything I use (other than 5s cheese) comes down to a real close fight with either only Rey or Rey + 1 standing.

In my own personal experience is that Rey mirrors are 100% wins with 4-5 toons standing and Kylos are more like 85% wins with 1-2 toons standing.
  • If they leave things as it stands, it's a handicap to get Rey as she now hurts the matchmaking in GAC and TW since Rey is no longer useful on defense. Rework the useless Resistance characters so they are useful in TW and GAC in either offense or defense. Otherwise, no one in their right mind will want to ever get Rey.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Westley996 wrote: »
    If they leave things as it stands, it's a handicap to get Rey as she now hurts the matchmaking in GAC and TW since Rey is no longer useful on defense. Rework the useless Resistance characters so they are useful in TW and GAC in either offense or defense. Otherwise, no one in their right mind will want to ever get Rey.

This is exactly right, there is zero reason to go for Rey now
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Westley996 wrote: »
    If they leave things as it stands, it's a handicap to get Rey as she now hurts the matchmaking in GAC and TW since Rey is no longer useful on defense. Rework the useless Resistance characters so they are useful in TW and GAC in either offense or defense. Otherwise, no one in their right mind will want to ever get Rey.

This is my major issue. Getting a GL was supposed to be an advantage, and now having GL rey who is countered by Vader, is actually a disadvantage because so many of the resistance characters you had to gear up are COMPLETELY useless. Meanwhile SLKR holds as well or better (better really) on defense, PLUS uses his entire FO team that you geared up to get him, and still has enough leftover to make a reasonably tough second defense team, especially if you use FOST as your tank and save KRU to lead the second team. Meanwhile Rey requirements are useless on defense. They make a decent B- grade offense team at best.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    She is clearly not on SLKR’s level being inferior both offensively and defensively in PvP, nowhere near his level in PvE, not even THAT great for LSGTB as Droideka can one shot her at full HP and prot, she feeds SLKR an infinite ultimate loop, she inflated your GP with absolute trash toons, she is HARD countered by a F2P toon and countered by at least 2 other F2P teams... it’s time to either call a spade a spade or call it what it is if it isn’t a spade.

Rey is not a Galactic Legend in her current state. So either buff her or remove her Galactic Legend tag.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    @TheJEFFtm and others who say the Rey teams in their shard are tougher opponents than the SLKR teams tells me this: they’re in a noob shard.

I’m in a shard with guys with top 100 GPs in the game who have both GLs. I can beat their Rey’s with my Rey but I have about a 3% win rate at best against their SLKR teams. Granted, this is only a handful of teams with the very best mods. I can beat most other SLKR teams. The point is that when their Rey teams have those same god-tier mods, I can still beat them, but I can’t beat their SLKR except with rare and amazing RNG. I have a 28 speed cross, a 27 speed diamond, all 17-23 speed mods for the rest for my entire arena mods, and like fifty or more 100+ offense mods, several of which I also use for my arena team, so my mods aren’t terrible.

I wouldn't assume they are in a noob shard, I would say, maybe people are trying to beat Rey with the exact same Rey setup as the enemy, which imho is not the best way to do it.

The thing is when you go against a rey mirror there are lots of lineup changes you can make to win near flawlessly. The very common Rey, JKR, WAT, GAS, GK team can be pretty easily thrashed by multiple setups.

One such is Rey, Raid Han, RH Finn, JKR, GAS. Shoot Wat with han at the start. Mark him and kill him. Stay on GK after to not trigger his taunt. Windmill JKR. Make sure to use your ultimate after the other Rey uses hers (sometimes 2 turns after if yours is significantly faster).

Another is Rey, Raid Han, Chewie, STH, WAT. Shoot wat again. Tank Tech STH. Otherwise pretty much the same strategy. STH is near unkillable with lifeblood and tank tech. Can get a little dangerous at the end as the opposing rey has stacked some serious offense mastery.

And of course there is also Rey, bb8, 3p0, r2, finn. Make r2 fast. Smoke rey. JKR marks her and she buffs everything. Just keep the windmills going and its a non issue....

Now maybe there are multiple setups you can use against SLKR, but I haven't found em yet. Pretty much anything I use (other than 5s cheese) comes down to a real close fight with either only Rey or Rey + 1 standing.

In my own personal experience is that Rey mirrors are 100% wins with 4-5 toons standing and Kylos are more like 85% wins with 1-2 toons standing.

So what you’re saying is that there is no good Rey team that actually features her faction.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Why did you originally choose Rey?

Because her PvP viability to hold on defense in GAC and TW primarily. Kylo was strong on offense and great for PvE, but Rey WAS the stronger defensive team. However Kylo's defensive viability has been buffed several times, (1:Speed bonus, 2: Crit immune, 3: AI changes incoming). Now Kylo is stronger on defense due to the OFFENSIVE nature of his kit. I guess the best defense is still a good offense. Having an LSTB team is nice but I'd definately not relic up Rose and Holdo and all the other useless resistance simply for a LSTB team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Over SLKylo? Because my guild needed more help in LS TB than DS - and she was going to be about equal (perhaps slightly better) in PvP and give up a little HSith to SKL (which I could live with). She was also to be a solid defender for GAC and TW. Now, most of that has been changed between the Vader rework and SLK's multiple buffs.

CG also suggested that GL's were going to be more powerful than other characters (clearly also untrue now) and have ultimate's and abilities that boost everyone.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • BryGuy2k wrote: »
    SLKR is significantly better than Rey in all game modes. People were closer to Rey and especially in guilds focused on LSTB went for Rey first because of that. There are more Reys out there - but that’s not going to continue - the trend is clear - people are gearing their FO and not their Resistance characters.

Anybody that has seen SLKR continually get buffed or has been waiting to dump gear has gone for SLKR especially with his ability to trivialize HSTR.

But you can’t use Kylo in LS TB.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • BryGuy2k wrote: »

So what you’re saying is that there is no good Rey team that actually features her faction.

Well the rey plus droids and finn team is a complete resistance team, but I get what your saying. No one really wants to break 3p0/bb8/r2 from other teams.

It would be nice if holdo and some others were able to be used as a GA/TW counter for slkr at a minimum, even if they were not necesarily the best for arena.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

She was the best for arena.
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    SLKR is significantly better than Rey in all game modes. People were closer to Rey and especially in guilds focused on LSTB went for Rey first because of that. There are more Reys out there - but that’s not going to continue - the trend is clear - people are gearing their FO and not their Resistance characters.

Anybody that has seen SLKR continually get buffed or has been waiting to dump gear has gone for SLKR especially with his ability to trivialize HSTR.

But you can’t use Kylo in LS TB.

There is a Dark Side Version that alternates......
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    She is clearly not on SLKR’s level being inferior both offensively and defensively in PvP, nowhere near his level in PvE, not even THAT great for LSGTB as Droideka can one shot her at full HP and prot, she feeds SLKR an infinite ultimate loop, she inflated your GP with absolute trash toons, she is HARD countered by a F2P toon and countered by at least 2 other F2P teams... it’s time to either call a spade a spade or call it what it is if it isn’t a spade.

Sure I'll call a spade a spade. What are you doing letting your Rey get one shot in LSGTB?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sniper droid with 15+ stacks can annihilate any toon, but how in the world that droid is alive to the point it gets 15 stacks?.. There must be something wrong with squad and/or tactics
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    CG, if you care about this game, nerf rey inoto oblivion and buff slkr some more! BUFF SLKR! BUFF SLKR!! Show slkr some love! Make him go 20 times in a row, plus each time he takes a turn, rey’s hp and offense should drop by 50% stacking till -5000%. NERF REY! BUFF KYLO!

lmao

Later edit: BUFF SLKR for PVE some more! Like when joining HSTR you get guaranteed full damage and 1st place.
    NERF REY so she can’t even join anymore!
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Sniper droid with 15+ stacks can annihilate any toon, but how in the world that droid is alive to the point it gets 15 stacks?.. There must be something wrong with squad and/or tactics

Sometimes there are two of those droids....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Sniper droid with 15+ stacks can annihilate any toon, but how in the world that droid is alive to the point it gets 15 stacks?.. There must be something wrong with squad and/or tactics

Sometimes there are two of those droids....

Trg.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    #BuffRey
  • My current Rey arena team is Rey, GAS, JKR, RHan and GK. Fighting lots of full FO SLKRs or FO with Malak.

In TW or GAC I have to wreck 4-5 teams to use my arena team.
    The SLKR one is 1-2 teams. And includes 3-4 of the toons needed to get him.

So how is this a balanced dyad?
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    matsumike wrote: »
    My current Rey arena team is Rey, GAS, JKR, RHan and GK. Fighting lots of full FO SLKRs or FO with Malak.

In TW or GAC I have to wreck 4-5 teams to use my arena team.
    The SLKR one is 1-2 teams. And includes 3-4 of the toons needed to get him.

So how is this a balanced dyad?

How does your team work vs SKLR? Your GAS will stay stunned all the battle.
  • Dear EA. I'm wondering if there will be an improvement in Rey? Since the legend of Kylo is really strong, few people can pass it, and besides everything, he can pass the HTS alone. But Rey, not at all playable in comparison with Kylo, ​​it can be completed by almost anyone. DRevan, Jedi, Luk, DartVaider, Kylo, ​​Rey. Moreover, the battles of Rey against Rey are very sad because they are very long, and sometimes there simply is not enough time to go through the battle. In addition, making Rei is much more disadvantageous than Kylo, ​​since when pumping Rey we get 8 unplayable characters. And Rey is not very strong in conjunction with resistance. Why did you make Rei so flawed in comparison with Kylo? And will Rei improve? Or did you decide, for some reason, to punish all those who invested in Ray.

P.S. It’s very unpleasant when the game treats the players this way. A lot of effort and resources are invested. And in the end it’s just useless. Strong players who made Kylo can play quietly further. And those who made Rey should now do Kylo, ​​since Ray compared to Kylo, ​​just a ****.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Interesting title.

This issue is well and truly covered in the "Why Rey" thread - not sure another is required.

*edit* comment I replied to has either been merged or removed*
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Bump for buff, knowing full well that CG will continue to ignore this glaring imbalance.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Bump for buff, knowing full well that CG will continue to ignore this glaring imbalance.

So, for no reason then?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Bump for buff, knowing full well that CG will continue to ignore this glaring imbalance.

So, for no reason then?

Posting on the forums for no reason?

maxresdefault.jpg

• #BuffRey
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    #BuffRey because now a 4 year old toon does more damage with an special ability than Rey with her ultimate.

Way to disrespect the investment (for those who spent real $ and even for those who stashed a lot of crystals), the effort and time to unlock her and her ultimate.

Also, a toon with 3 zetas is beating a 6 zetas toon. Obviously the first 3 are way better (if you think about it, you only need one zeta, which makes it worse)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Since we all know money is the only real concern for CG, at this point it seems like that will be the only incentive for them to address the GL parity issue.

CG, I respectfully request a $19.99 pack offered to all Rey users that will buff her to a level on par with SLKR. I propose making her superior in PvP both offensively and defensively over SLKR (while still being able to be beaten by him) since that is the characteristic that attracted most Rey users to her initially. She can maintain her lack of Raid utility for the sake of GL parity.

Think about all the money you could make by receiving an additional $19.99 per Rey user. So much monies!

#BuffRey
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    If they buff Rey and she gets better than SKLR after there will be a new thread called « When do we have GL Kylo buffed too? »