When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    If they buff Rey and she gets better than SKLR after there will be a new thread called « When do we have GL Kylo buffed too? »

    False.

    Rey users are content with her being far inferior to SLKR in PvE... so long as she is slightly superior in PvP.

    Currently, SLKR has >95% win rate against Rey teams and Rey has 50% at best win rate against SLKR. Those percentages should be reversed if SLKR is going to dominate PvE compared to Rey.

    We also want Rey to be able to achieve that win rate with other Resistance toons, not have to break up 4 META teams for a guaranteed GAC win over SLKR.

    There will be GL parity if the percentages are reversed and Rey can do it with a Resistance squad.

    Again, though, everyone with a brain realizes CG doesn’t care about parity, but only money.

    Hence, I suggest the $19.99 Rey buff pack, only available once you unlock the current version of Rey.
  • Nikoms565
    13925 posts Member
    If they buff Rey and she gets better than SKLR after there will be a new thread called « When do we have GL Kylo buffed too? »

    They've already done that. A couple of times actually.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    If they buff Rey and she gets better than SKLR after there will be a new thread called « When do we have GL Kylo buffed too? »

    False.

    Rey users are content with her being far inferior to SLKR in PvE... so long as she is slightly superior in PvP.

    Rey owners’ concerns are irrelevant to the post you responded to. They’re saying that Kylo owners will complain if Rey is buffed, which they undoubtedly will, because CG isn’t great at balancing characters. If they buff Rey it’s very likely to be overboard like the Kylo buff was. We don’t need a Rey buff, we need the Kylo buff to be dialed down a little.
  • Wxrlock
    53 posts Member
    They must buff Rey at this point. She is too easily beaten by Vader and nullifies any advantage in GAC, Arena and TW. Just like CG responded to Kylo exploits they need to act in the same manner with this. It's only fair and yes I am a Rey owner.
  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    Wxrlock wrote: »
    They must buff Rey at this point. She is too easily beaten by Vader and nullifies any advantage in GAC, Arena and TW. Just like CG responded to Kylo exploits they need to act in the same manner with this. It's only fair and yes I am a Rey owner.

    So there's a bunch of Vader climbing I your shard? I have yet to see any.

    Or are you basing this on a video.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drim
    274 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    4kh8z15g6o2l.jpeg
    Traya, DV, Thrawn, Malak + pre-taunt tank ... we should probably buff SLK again and not Rey. There’s also a new Rey counter it’s called Luke Nuke 100% affective rey dies in the first 30 seconds.
    Post edited by Drim on
  • Nihion
    3162 posts Member
    Funny.
  • Jarvind
    3809 posts Member
    Pretty confused how the screenshot of a Bastila team is relevant.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • Drim
    274 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    My bad the screen shot is Rey dying from the new Luke counter in the 1st 30 sec.. ignore that we’re talking about SLK and his new counter! He needs a buff ASAP
  • Ultra
    7557 posts Member
    Drim wrote: »
    There’s also a new Rey counter it’s called Luke Nuke 100% affective rey dies in the first 30 seconds.
    vid

  • Lonach
    81 posts Member
    Why not buff ugnaught then ?
  • Nihion
    3162 posts Member
    Lonach wrote: »
    Why not buff ugnaught then ?

    Because no one bought ugnaught.


    At least I hope no one bought ugnaught.
  • Devian
    357 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    There’s also a new Rey counter it’s called Luke Nuke 100% affective rey dies in the first 30 seconds.
    vid
    probably smth like this
  • Gamorrean
    2737 posts Member
    Keep in mind that the biggest issue with Rey is her useless resistance compared to Kylo who got buffed for First Order.

    Counters are not the problem.
    Unless it’s SLK ofcause!!
  • Devian
    357 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Unless it’s SLK ofcause!!
    It's not about SLK itself, it's about money. ppl invested in Rey - they buffed Kylo.
    If ppl would go Kylo from the start, they'd never buff SLK and mb even add some tenacity up to rey

    But yes, it's horrible that having rey, you can't climb comfortably and MUST switch to counter-teams coz SLK without 555 bug are nearly impossible and mirror matches are so tiring you don't even want to do arena.
  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Wxrlock wrote: »
    They must buff Rey at this point. She is too easily beaten by Vader and nullifies any advantage in GAC, Arena and TW. Just like CG responded to Kylo exploits they need to act in the same manner with this. It's only fair and yes I am a Rey owner.

    So there's a bunch of Vader climbing I your shard? I have yet to see any.

    Or are you basing this on a video.

    At least 1 Vader teams climb to top 5 in my shard every day and another climbs to top 20.

    And yes, my top 50 is full of GLs with a handful of GAS sprinkled in there. DR teams can penetrate the 40-50 range occasionally.
  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    Wow top 20.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Wow top 20.

    Top 20 means he’s beat GLs to get there, so yeah, it’s meaningful.

    Did you not see the first half of the sentence? A Vader climbs to to the top 5 everyday.

    Ignoring the facts you don’t like and selectively highlighting the ones that fit your narrative. Also while taking things out of context and using dramatics to solidify your position over substance. I should be surprised but...
  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Wow top 20.

    Top 20 means he’s beat GLs to get there, so yeah, it’s meaningful.

    Did you not see the first half of the sentence? A Vader climbs to to the top 5 everyday.

    Ignoring the facts you don’t like and selectively highlighting the ones that fit your narrative. Also while taking things out of context and using dramatics to solidify your position over substance. I should be surprised but...

    Wow one top 5 too.

    If this was actually a thing shards would be flooded with them.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Wxrlock wrote: »
    They must buff Rey at this point. She is too easily beaten by Vader and nullifies any advantage in GAC, Arena and TW. Just like CG responded to Kylo exploits they need to act in the same manner with this. It's only fair and yes I am a Rey owner.

    So there's a bunch of Vader climbing I your shard? I have yet to see any.

    Just gonna leave this here.
  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    So far we have two shards, one with zero, one with one top 5 one top 20. What's your point? Mine stands, which is in the last post you conveniently ignored.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BryGuy2k
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Devian wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Unless it’s SLK ofcause!!
    It's not about SLK itself, it's about money. ppl invested in Rey - they buffed Kylo.
    If ppl would go Kylo from the start, they'd never buff SLK and mb even add some tenacity up to rey

    But yes, it's horrible that having rey, you can't climb comfortably and MUST switch to counter-teams coz SLK without 555 bug are nearly impossible and mirror matches are so tiring you don't even want to do arena.

    There are three Reys in my shard against 15 SLKR so far. There is a new SLKR added almost every week as well.

    I am amazed the meta report shows so many more Reys out there as most of my guild also went SLKR due to FO always being a good team so they already had them geared. Looking an opponent rosters in GAC I’m seeing far more relic FO than Resistance as well. Everywhere I look I see FO getting developed right now.
  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    So far we have two shards, one with zero, one with one top 5 one top 20. What's your point? Mine stands, which is in the last post you conveniently ignored.

    I was making a point about your original assertion that no Vaders were climbing to top ranks in arena.

    You asked the question in response to @Wxrlock, who held the position that Rey needed to be buffed because she's too easily countered by Vader in "GAC, arena, and TW."

    I understand your point that there aren't many Vader teams climbing to top ranks in arena currently. I believe, however, that is largely because 1) he was reworked what - a week ago?, 2) people aren't willing to G13 him just yet because they think he's going to get nerfed soon, and 3) people are currently preferring to use their G12+ gear and signal data on Galactic Legend prerequisites.

    Regardless, sure, I'll give you that no arena shard is flooded with a sea of Vaders currently...

    But the GAC and TW issues still stand. How is it fair that a SLKR full-FO team must be countered by either SLKR or Rey in GAC, while a Rey full-Resistance team can be countered by SLKR, Rey, Vader, JKR, DR, and possibly JKLS(?).

    So in summation: I understand your point about Vader in arena, even though I think the reason there aren't more of him there isn't because its particularly difficult if you mod him right, but rather because people are reluctant to gear him at this point. Your point does nothing to address the original GAC and TW concern of @Wxrlock.

  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So far we have two shards, one with zero, one with one top 5 one top 20. What's your point? Mine stands, which is in the last post you conveniently ignored.

    I was making a point about your original assertion that no Vaders were climbing to top ranks in arena.

    I never asserted that. I asserted that there were none in my shard, and you followed up with there being two in your shard, which doesn't counter my point that there would be many more if it was an actual consistent easy counter as the videos assert.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So far we have two shards, one with zero, one with one top 5 one top 20. What's your point? Mine stands, which is in the last post you conveniently ignored.

    I was making a point about your original assertion that no Vaders were climbing to top ranks in arena.

    I never asserted that. I asserted that there were none in my shard, and you followed up with there being two in your shard, which doesn't counter my point that there would be many more if it was an actual consistent easy counter as the videos assert.
    Remember the hidden Vader use. There are a couple in my shard who use him for easier climbing then switch him out once they’re in position.

    The meta report doesn’t always give an accurate overview of what’s going on.
  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So far we have two shards, one with zero, one with one top 5 one top 20. What's your point? Mine stands, which is in the last post you conveniently ignored.

    I was making a point about your original assertion that no Vaders were climbing to top ranks in arena.

    I never asserted that. I asserted that there were none in my shard, and you followed up with there being two in your shard, which doesn't counter my point that there would be many more if it was an actual consistent easy counter as the videos assert.

    I already addressed this point in stating the following:

    Slaveen wrote: »
    I understand your point that there aren't many Vader teams climbing to top ranks in arena currently. I believe, however, that is largely because 1) he was reworked what - a week ago?, 2) people aren't willing to G13 him just yet because they think he's going to get nerfed soon, and 3) people are currently preferring to use their G12+ gear and signal data on Galactic Legend prerequisites.

    And then I followed up by point out that even if arena isn't a major issue, your counter to @Wxrlock's concern still doesn't address two thirds it: GAC and TW.
    Slaveen wrote: »
    But the GAC and TW issues still stand. How is it fair that a SLKR full-FO team must be countered by either SLKR or Rey in GAC, while a Rey full-Resistance team can be countered by SLKR, Rey, Vader, JKR, DR, and possibly JKLS(?).

    And for the record, I still don't think it adequately addresses the other third based on what I pointed out the first time I quoted myself in this post and based on the point that @DarjeloSalas just made.

    Quit running in circles. @Wxrlock's point is valid no matter how much you don't want it to be.
  • Having geared and relic'd to 7 almost all resistance toons, there is no combo that allows me to win a slkr. So, yes, when does rey/resistance get a buff to be viable just like Slkr/FO?
  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So far we have two shards, one with zero, one with one top 5 one top 20. What's your point? Mine stands, which is in the last post you conveniently ignored.

    I was making a point about your original assertion that no Vaders were climbing to top ranks in arena.

    I never asserted that. I asserted that there were none in my shard, and you followed up with there being two in your shard, which doesn't counter my point that there would be many more if it was an actual consistent easy counter as the videos assert.
    Remember the hidden Vader use. There are a couple in my shard who use him for easier climbing then switch him out once they’re in position.

    The meta report doesn’t always give an accurate overview of what’s going on.

    I'm not referring to the meta report.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    28798 posts Member
    @Slaveen I never said anything about TW or GAC pro or con. My post was entirely about arena.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    479 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @Slaveen I never said anything about TW or GAC pro or con. My post was entirely about arena.

    Well at least we agree on that point.

    So like @Wxrlock said.... it's time to #BuffRey
Sign In or Register to comment.