Normal Player and the new Luke

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    To expand on my last post,
    A Jedi Luke event could have easily also required Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Imperial Probe Droid, Lobot, Ugnaught, R2, Raid Han, most of the bounty hunters, Biggs, Ewoks, Palpatine, Akbar, Snow Trooper, Tie Pilot, Veers, Royal Guard, Storm Trooper, Stark, and some I’m sure I missed. Obviously some are more likely than others, but how many people would have guessed exactly the right ones and not wasted time on ones not needed?

There's no need to guess at requirements. There is a need, if you care about being able to do these types of events the first time, to farm all characters, and focus on shards first before gear.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    I’ve been playing for over 4 years, have 4.4 mil gp, and Luke is still at least 7 months away for me because of the GET1 wall. The game has always been like this from day one. I get the frustration. I’m frustrated too. But it’s not just “new” players that are affected by this because it’s not new to the game. They intentionally make it so that you have to spend tons of money or months of time to accomplish things. Sure it’s easier for those that guessed right and focused on the required toons, but Jedi Luke requirements have been discussed for years, and who got them 100% right? And how many would have wasted months of effort preparing if they had decided never to introduce him? It’s all a gamble. Just a very big and time consuming one.

If you have been playing for 4 years and do not have all of the GET toons done, you made choices that limited you, not CG. Anyone who wants to be ready for any event at any time knows to get everything to 7* asap. You can buy/panic farm gear much faster and cheaper than you can buy character shards, and 4 years is plenty of time to have aquired enough GET1 to max all the exclusive characters in that store.

I love how people in the forums always like to insult other people’s choices and brag on their own, as if they’ve never made a bad choice in the game. It’s so easy. All you have to do is find someone who is honestly relating their experiences in the game and bash them for being honest. I’m sure you have the perfect roster and have never wasted time or resources. Congratulations. You are so superior to me. Must make you feel good about yourself.

I love how people who don't want to take responsibility for their choices immediately think they are being attacked on the internet.

I was simply pointing out that you made choices and those choices are the reason you are facing a "GET1 wall". You didn't really need to "guess right", this event required the only 2 characters that could only be acquired with GET1 (until ECs came out a year ago). The lesson continues to be "farm everything in case it is required someday".

So you have every toon at 7 stars? Captain Han Solo? Hoth Brothers?
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I’ve been playing for over 4 years, have 4.4 mil gp, and Luke is still at least 7 months away for me because of the GET1 wall. The game has always been like this from day one. I get the frustration. I’m frustrated too. But it’s not just “new” players that are affected by this because it’s not new to the game. They intentionally make it so that you have to spend tons of money or months of time to accomplish things. Sure it’s easier for those that guessed right and focused on the required toons, but Jedi Luke requirements have been discussed for years, and who got them 100% right? And how many would have wasted months of effort preparing if they had decided never to introduce him? It’s all a gamble. Just a very big and time consuming one.

If you have been playing for 4 years and do not have all of the GET toons done, you made choices that limited you, not CG. Anyone who wants to be ready for any event at any time knows to get everything to 7* asap. You can buy/panic farm gear much faster and cheaper than you can buy character shards, and 4 years is plenty of time to have aquired enough GET1 to max all the exclusive characters in that store.

I love how people in the forums always like to insult other people’s choices and brag on their own, as if they’ve never made a bad choice in the game. It’s so easy. All you have to do is find someone who is honestly relating their experiences in the game and bash them for being honest. I’m sure you have the perfect roster and have never wasted time or resources. Congratulations. You are so superior to me. Must make you feel good about yourself.

I love how people who don't want to take responsibility for their choices immediately think they are being attacked on the internet.

I was simply pointing out that you made choices and those choices are the reason you are facing a "GET1 wall". You didn't really need to "guess right", this event required the only 2 characters that could only be acquired with GET1 (until ECs came out a year ago). The lesson continues to be "farm everything in case it is required someday".

Nope, which is exactly why my choices are preventing me from getting Luke. Just like your choices are preventing you.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member

Nope, which is exactly why my choices are preventing me from getting Luke. Just like your choices are preventing you.

So what exactly is your point then? You tell me I made bad choices and that I should farm “every toon available” and yet you haven’t even farmed toons that have been out for over 3 years, are easily accessible, and most likely would have been needed for this event. As opposed to two toons who are not easily accessible and were promised by CF a few years ago to never be needed for an event. Do you see why I feel like you’re just looking to be negative and point out other’s mistakes?

So what exactly is your point then? You tell me I made bad choices and that I should farm “every toon available” and yet you haven’t even farmed toons that have been out for over 3 years, are easily accessible, and most likely would have been needed for this event. As opposed to two toons who are not easily accessible and were promised by CF a few years ago to never be needed for an event. Do you see why I feel like you’re just looking to be negative and point out other’s mistakes?

Can you please tell me where i told you you made bad choices? I stated a fact: if you want to be able to be ready for events with little notice, farm everything, especially exclusive characters that are only available in 1 place.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Greed has ruined this game. From the way I see it, 1% of players at the top started to spend thousands upon thousands, upon thousands more. And ok, I understand that we shouldn't judge what people do with their money. But it's the $10k+ spending that has ruined this game. They showed CG a way to make lots of money and the developers have locked onto that, not caring at all about the other 99%. It drives me nuts when I hear a high-spender say that they spent the money to keep the game alive, but it actually does the opposite. The spending ruins the chance for 99% of the community to receive new content and get a positive experience out of it. Both CG and the high-spenders are to blame. Hence why, as a F2P player, I've quit and probably won't come back.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

I think the difference might be that he never complains and accepts his choices?

I could be wrong, but that’s just my take on it.

I don’t feel like my post was a complaint. I stated that CG built a game in such a way as to limit what you could do based on time and money spent. I was trying to tell the op that it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in the game. The limiting factor is always there. Where is the complaint or refusal to admit choices? I like my choices. I like my roster. I’ve even said that. LittleMAC decided to quote me and tell me that I made the wrong choices and that it was my fault and not CGs. All while implying that he makes better choices than me. That’s what **** me off. That kind of post is insulting and unnecessary.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Anyway, I’m done with this conversation. Enjoy.
    ZAP wrote: »

I think the difference might be that he never complains and accepts his choices?

I could be wrong, but that’s just my take on it.

I don’t feel like my post was a complaint. I stated that CG built a game in such a way as to limit what you could do based on time and money spent. I was trying to tell the op that it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in the game. The limiting factor is always there. Where is the complaint or refusal to admit choices? I like my choices. I like my roster. I’ve even said that. LittleMAC decided to quote me and tell me that I made the wrong choices and that it was my fault and not CGs. All while implying that he makes better choices than me. That’s what **** me off. That kind of post is insulting and unnecessary.

Can you please tell me where i told you you made bad choices? I stated a fact: if you want to be able to be ready for events with little notice, farm everything, especially exclusive characters that are only available in 1 place.

• RoBane1738
    267 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Is there a crybaby emoji? Cause that’s all the OP is acting like. For shame

PS: I can’t get JKL either, I am close to 3 years playing...but I’m not gonna cry about it, I’ll get him when the getting is good for me 🤷‍♂️
  • I got Luke, spent a whopping $20 this year. Gotta hoard man.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Nobody was being negative. You just have to choose what you want. I for one have all characters unlocked at 7 stars but not at the gear levels required. Ill have to wait, how is that negative.

My only gripe is that JKL in my opinion should be more powerful than Rey and Kylo and isn't. To me, that is disappointing.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    raybron99 wrote: »
    I got Luke, spent a whopping $20 this year. Gotta hoard man.

I’m a Dragon too.

l9wenriagvj3.jpg
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    If this game has taught me anything it is to farm everyone and every ship to 7*. Yes it will be difficult for new players to do this but that is just the way it is and spending money can help.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kdtipa how long have you played for? There are ways to get to where you need to be or want to be if you are focused. I looks at this period as a lull where it is an opportunity to either catch up or refine your roster. The characters needed for Jedi Luke are all easily obtainable if you know where to farm and how to farm effectively. In the end it's all about what your priorities are and your goals. Once you have them set and focus the easier this game will be. The paywall only exists if you pay. The Get1 wall is the slowest part but you get enough of that through many different avenues. Everything takes time in this game and when you can accept that then you'll enjoy it more
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I won't be getting Luke the first time(because of steep gear needs) and don't feel the need to. Will work for the 2nd time around if something more integral doesn't come along meanwhile. I will also farm mando toons as soon as they are on the map, because it's rather obvious they will be needed soon...I prolly won't get that thing the first run either. Now I'm day 1 f2p and arena competetive. But I also know lots of veteran f2p that doesn't/can't push for arena and they are also trying to farm entirety of toons regarding possible order of importance. You'd do yourself a favor developing a similar mindset instead of focusing on the bare minimum.

Here's the bottom end of my roster still missing shards:

-mando toons
    -slkr
    -uroror
    -range trooper
    -embo
    -hux/red trooper
    -kam
    -luke

That's 11 toons where 3 are special. Even missing 30-40 toons, you'd be at a pretty flexible spot for future things. Lastly there are many sandbagging pals around me because of gac. But the way they do it still farm everything possible and not unlock/develop them until necessary.

• Must not really want the character then if you don't want to put in the effort to earn him
  • JKL is F2P obtainable if prioritized but I see no reason to prioritize him, also he's not a rebel and that makes me angry
  • Miketo28
    205 posts Member
    On my main account I have all the toons to 7 star, now just the gear grind. Honestly, the toons needed are mostly ok. I am miffed Hoda and Wampa are there only because I recall ea/cg stating those two toons wouldn't ever be requirements.

On my alt account, I am stuck behind a massive get1 paywall, but I am looking at this as a positive. I didn't join a more advanced guild to gain get2 currency and as a result am sitting with more get1 as a result.
  • SageShadow
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Normal player here. Been playing about 4 years or so. I play every day, but don't have any relics or even the wampa. ****, I don't even have the night sisters. lol. But its okay, I enjoy this game at times but you are right its becoming un-fun.

Locking Jedi Luke behind a pay-wall was a pretty crappy move but something this game has been doing for a while. Marvel Strike Force, also owned by Disney but obv run by a different developer does it much better. Characters should never ever be locked behind a wall like this. Their abilities should.

Whoever develops this game for EA should seriously take some time to look at Marvel Strike Force and see how they resurrected themselves from a very similar situation 2 years ago.

I only now just hit the 50 wins to sim Galactic War Campaign. And boy was that a mistake, lol. Without that, I literally sim the entire game and its so boring now.

Strike Force for example has a carbon copy of Galactic War and its the #1 time sink in the game and also how they make the game accessible for normies like me but also give massive advantages to power gamers.

Basically, it goes by tiers. Tier 1 and 2, every team you face you are 2x or 3x stronger, so you sim those. After 4 wins in a row, you go up a tier. Once you hit tier 4 though, the teams you face are now equal and so it requires you to play the game for real now. And yeah you can just sim tiers 1,2,3 and take home some rewards, but with some minimal effort and a lot of fun, you can get the max reward payout by playing like 30 min to an hour.

The TLDR- Galactic War should be how you unlock new characters and it should be fun and engaging and take away the ability to sim it.

If you really want the huge rewards though, you gotta push past the base rewards and get ranked.

Their war system is also 1000% times better. Wars happen every 2.5 days and its actually fun- not just stacking your most impossible teams in the front and playing attrition.

I really hope this game gets better because right now I play about 90% Strike Force,and 10% GoH and what little money I do spend follows the same ratio.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    On my main account I have all the toons to 7 star, now just the gear grind. Honestly, the toons needed are mostly ok. I am miffed Hoda and Wampa are there only because I recall ea/cg stating those two toons wouldn't ever be requirements.

On my alt account, I am stuck behind a massive get1 paywall, but I am looking at this as a positive. I didn't join a more advanced guild to gain get2 currency and as a result am sitting with more get1 as a result.

a paywall that you literally (in the literal sense of the word) can't pay to get around.
    SageShadow wrote: »
    Normal player here. Been playing about 4 years or so. I play every day, but don't have any relics or even the wampa. ****, I don't even have the night sisters. lol. But its okay, I enjoy this game at times but you are right its becoming un-fun.

Locking Jedi Luke behind a pay-wall was a pretty crappy move but something this game has been doing for a while. Marvel Strike Force, also owned by Disney but obv run by a different developer does it much better. Characters should never ever be locked behind a wall like this. Their abilities should.

Whoever develops this game for EA should seriously take some time to look at Marvel Strike Force and see how they resurrected themselves from a very similar situation 2 years ago.

I only now just hit the 50 wins to sim Galactic War Campaign. And boy was that a mistake, lol. Without that, I literally sim the entire game and its so boring now.

Strike Force for example has a carbon copy of Galactic War and its the #1 time sink in the game and also how they make the game accessible for normies like me but also give massive advantages to power gamers.

Basically, it goes by tiers. Tier 1 and 2, every team you face you are 2x or 3x stronger, so you sim those. After 4 wins in a row, you go up a tier. Once you hit tier 4 though, the teams you face are now equal and so it requires you to play the game for real now. And yeah you can just sim tiers 1,2,3 and take home some rewards, but with some minimal effort and a lot of fun, you can get the max reward payout by playing like 30 min to an hour.

The TLDR- Galactic War should be how you unlock new characters and it should be fun and engaging and take away the ability to sim it.

If you really want the huge rewards though, you gotta push past the base rewards and get ranked.

Their war system is also 1000% times better. Wars happen every 2.5 days and its actually fun- not just stacking your most impossible teams in the front and playing attrition.

I really hope this game gets better because right now I play about 90% Strike Force,and 10% GoH and what little money I do spend follows the same ratio.

you actually play msf and think swgoh has paywalls? and that blitz, the worst and biggest timesuck of all time, is a good thing? also, see above re "paywall" for jkl.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    This is for veterans as someone else said. What is a veteran for this purpose? Basically it is people who were at a decent level when first TB came out (decent level so they could do ok in TB and the requirements for SMs were not a massive distraction). The requirements are all related to that. Capt Solo was required in that and Rolo was gained through that and that is where GET1 for Wampa and HYoda came from. I think TB first happened maybe 2017 (someone else said that too - I am relying on others) so for decent level that really means you had been playing for a year or so before that. New TBs are still fairly recent so could well have started later but the store had more stuff added.

I can't remember gear levels but it was likely if you were playing and getting things at that time then you would have had HYoda and Wampa as where you spent GET1, there was far less to spend it on back then. It was well before GAS/Malak etc. The requirements were the original GET1 locked toons.

Anyway, this is a sort of mix for veterans and whales. For first time unlock either you have an odd roster or you whale (on gear). It isn't pure PTP, newish whales won't have the toons and vet FTP won't have the gear. You need to be both. 2nd time unlock for veteran FTP (or first time for FTP with oddly geared rosters) though is completely plausible. It is likely harder for new whales as they can't buy wampa and hyoda so the really wall is time not money.

FWIW my block is CHan and Lando as I didn't farm them enough, they are completely FTP though. I would guess some others similar.
  • So far, the newest "content" has been enjoyed by 1158 people. Out of Millions.

Stale game.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I don’t know if we have millions.
    Cara was the most played event for that type.
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

Still the numbers of unlocks worry me. GLs and JKL.

I say this as not to say the game is dying because I want the opposite. I want the game to thrive and do well because I still enjoy it. Personally- this has been the least amount of enjoyment I have had with the game since dec 15. That can be for a lot of reasons: in game and out. Yet I’m reflecting on what I do everyday and progress seems nill.
    I love boosting factions. Currently going for GL Rey and the pieces from g12+ to r5-7 are a very slow and painful grind. I will spend to make things easier but it feels like it would be a small drop in the bucket for me to do so.

I’m happy JKL is finally in the game. I probably won’t unlock until the 3rd time the event pops up.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I enjoyed tier 1 and will be able to enjoy tier 2 before event ends but that’s it
    I dont have the R3 Rolo and Captain Han for tier 3
  • SageShadow wrote: »

1st, how have you been playing for 4 years and don’t even have Wampa. I have been for 2, nearing 3 on my current account, and I am about to get Wampa to 7 stars. Would have been sooner, but I was saving for malak after I finished hermit Yoda.
    2nd, no relics... I kinda understand this, but I have a couple of r7. Point is, you would if you had focused on one character. The rewards you get from the assault battles alone should have given you at least one, if you do the manage to do the first tier. BH one isn’t too bad. Obviously if you only do the BH one, you won’t have enough yet.

3rd, I also play MSF, and war goes in every 2.5 days due to how they don’t have any other alliance thing going on. Raids and war. Nothing like TW (or TB, can’t remember which is which).
    Blitz is nice, but not everyone should unlock a character right off the bat. Whilst £400 is a bit much for one character to max, you do unlock them vie marquee. Would you prefer then, that only the whales actually unlock the character first time round... or would you rather unlock the character.

Next, if the character is legendary, don’t you think that only people who are prepared should get them, not just everyone. The people who pay to support the game should get some type of reward. Obviously, this is excluding the people who prepared or saved up, as they tend to get most things first time round...