Normal Player and the new Luke

13Next

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_White wrote: »
    So far, the newest "content" has been enjoyed by 1158 people. Out of Millions.

Stale game.

1st, there's 5 days left, the event has barely begun and it's 9am on a sunday.
    2nd, new chars aren't content, as CG has said, and iirc even the events to get them might not count either. just fyi
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I don’t know if we have millions.
    Cara was the most played event for that type.
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

Still the numbers of unlocks worry me. GLs and JKL.

I say this as not to say the game is dying because I want the opposite. I want the game to thrive and do well because I still enjoy it. Personally- this has been the least amount of enjoyment I have had with the game since dec 15. That can be for a lot of reasons: in game and out. Yet I’m reflecting on what I do everyday and progress seems nill.
    I love boosting factions. Currently going for GL Rey and the pieces from g12+ to r5-7 are a very slow and painful grind. I will spend to make things easier but it feels like it would be a small drop in the bucket for me to do so.

I’m happy JKL is finally in the game. I probably won’t unlock until the 3rd time the event pops up.

Does that also take into account those who haven’t activated Cara?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

I say this as not to say the game is dying because I want the opposite. I want the game to thrive and do well because I still enjoy it. Personally- this has been the least amount of enjoyment I have had with the game since dec 15. That can be for a lot of reasons: in game and out. Yet I’m reflecting on what I do everyday and progress seems nill.
    I love boosting factions. Currently going for GL Rey and the pieces from g12+ to r5-7 are a very slow and painful grind. I will spend to make things easier but it feels like it would be a small drop in the bucket for me to do so.

I’m happy JKL is finally in the game. I probably won’t unlock until the 3rd time the event pops up.

It doesn't.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

It doesn't.
    So there’s probably still a lot more people playing. I wouldn’t say this game is dying, not quickly. If it does die it’ll probably be in a few years.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

It doesn't.
    So there’s probably still a lot more people playing. I wouldn’t say this game is dying, not quickly. If it does die it’ll probably be in a few years.

Yup. If you want to know the health state of the game, check monthly earnings. Despite the justified frustration, it's still earning in spades.

Also here's some stats from a GAC inquiry I don't want to share fully out of respect for the owner, she may release it whenever and whereever she desires. The numbers are gotten by asking people who only registered for gac but stayed on carbonite in the later weeks (thus are pretty close to the bottom of their divisions). This is the sum of all divisions. Naturally the amount of active players are somewhat greater than this number, but it's interesting since it sets the floor. (The last number is current gac and it's not conclusive enough yet, there might come lower numbers in the next weeks):

r3yvb8fox2go.png
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I’ve been playing for over 4 years, have 4.4 mil gp, and Luke is still at least 7 months away for me because of the GET1 wall. The game has always been like this from day one. I get the frustration. I’m frustrated too. But it’s not just “new” players that are affected by this because it’s not new to the game. They intentionally make it so that you have to spend tons of money or months of time to accomplish things. Sure it’s easier for those that guessed right and focused on the required toons, but Jedi Luke requirements have been discussed for years, and who got them 100% right? And how many would have wasted months of effort preparing if they had decided never to introduce him? It’s all a gamble. Just a very big and time consuming one.

If you have been playing for 4 years and do not have all of the GET toons done, you made choices that limited you, not CG. Anyone who wants to be ready for any event at any time knows to get everything to 7* asap. You can buy/panic farm gear much faster and cheaper than you can buy character shards, and 4 years is plenty of time to have aquired enough GET1 to max all the exclusive characters in that store.

I love how people in the forums always like to insult other people’s choices and brag on their own, as if they’ve never made a bad choice in the game. It’s so easy. All you have to do is find someone who is honestly relating their experiences in the game and bash them for being honest. I’m sure you have the perfect roster and have never wasted time or resources. Congratulations. You are so superior to me. Must make you feel good about yourself.

To be fair, I dont read the comments like that. People get pretty rude on these forums, but I dont consider those posters where> I am in the same camp (all farmed up for GET1 characters, still hoarding, cause you never know.I think it is weird to get gear from any of the stores before you have farmed the characters you want / need from them. Same reason I did GG from shard and fleet shop. Needed him for GAS.

The whole game is a crunch and you are right, it is about choices (and mistakes! We all done a few of them - before GAC is was best to max everything for TB. Now... lot of gear 8 c tier characters I wish I didnt have.))

The game is different for everyone, i decided the other day I am not going after GL's. I just don't care about the characters enough, the event looks crap (transition animations aside), artwork looks crap and I wont even use the characters I have to gear up.

I will be going for luke, if you tell me i have to relic wampa, hermit yoda, chewie and cls i am just happy i can do that now. All characters I enjoy playing with - and that is a key difference.

I play my ewok battles, i auto my GAS ones, one are fun, one arent. I get more pleasure out my g12 murderbears then i ever will with relic padme. Thats my personal history with Star Wars, i was 8 when ROTJ came out, so it had a big effect.

We all have to farm 'required stuff' for the game, but take time to work on what you think is cool. I have one relic old republic character - T3-M4. He is amazing, i use him all over - always makes me smile. Now jolee or canderous would be a more 'logical' shout but i think i had just got off 6 months grind of characters i didnt really care about, so i splurged two zetas and some relics on T3.

Probably roster bloat to many, but honestly i love using him in all kinda crazy teams. He aint going to beat GL's but not eveyone has to.

Find the balance with what you are happy with.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’ve been playing for over 4 years, have 4.4 mil gp, and Luke is still at least 7 months away for me because of the GET1 wall. The game has always been like this from day one. I get the frustration. I’m frustrated too. But it’s not just “new” players that are affected by this because it’s not new to the game. They intentionally make it so that you have to spend tons of money or months of time to accomplish things. Sure it’s easier for those that guessed right and focused on the required toons, but Jedi Luke requirements have been discussed for years, and who got them 100% right? And how many would have wasted months of effort preparing if they had decided never to introduce him? It’s all a gamble. Just a very big and time consuming one.

If you have been playing for 4 years and do not have all of the GET toons done, you made choices that limited you, not CG. Anyone who wants to be ready for any event at any time knows to get everything to 7* asap. You can buy/panic farm gear much faster and cheaper than you can buy character shards, and 4 years is plenty of time to have aquired enough GET1 to max all the exclusive characters in that store.

I love how people in the forums always like to insult other people’s choices and brag on their own, as if they’ve never made a bad choice in the game. It’s so easy. All you have to do is find someone who is honestly relating their experiences in the game and bash them for being honest. I’m sure you have the perfect roster and have never wasted time or resources. Congratulations. You are so superior to me. Must make you feel good about yourself.

I love how people who don't want to take responsibility for their choices immediately think they are being attacked on the internet.

I was simply pointing out that you made choices and those choices are the reason you are facing a "GET1 wall". You didn't really need to "guess right", this event required the only 2 characters that could only be acquired with GET1 (until ECs came out a year ago). The lesson continues to be "farm everything in case it is required someday".

So you have every toon at 7 stars? Captain Han Solo? Hoth Brothers?

I can't speak for MAC specifically, but any player here since the launch of TBs will have those 3 at 7*.
  • Options
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

It doesn't.

Yup. If you want to know the health state of the game, check monthly earnings. Despite the justified frustration, it's still earning in spades.

Also here's some stats from a GAC inquiry I don't want to share fully out of respect for the owner, she may release it whenever and whereever she desires. The numbers are gotten by asking people who only registered for gac but stayed on carbonite in the later weeks (thus are pretty close to the bottom of their divisions). This is the sum of all divisions. Naturally the amount of active players are somewhat greater than this number, but it's interesting since it sets the floor. (The last number is current gac and it's not conclusive enough yet, there might come lower numbers in the next weeks):

r3yvb8fox2go.png

I like the data, but sadly it doesn't tell us anything even remotely conclusive by only looking at Carbonite. Heck, that could tell us that more new players are hitting 85 near the end of each consecutive month and being auto-joined into GAC. What we need to see anything related to participation numbers would be this data for all leagues and all divisions.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Rebuc
    85 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Wampa was my first R7, I have 4 others at R7 and 7 others at various Relic levels. Hoda is G12, close to 13 so he'll be getting relics soon as well.

None of it is difficult, it takes awhile, longer of all you do is chase the meta, but if you play for fun and pure enjoyment of this being Star Wars, then none of it matters.

Oh, and my GP is over 4M, I dont even have Revan yet, and I have an R7 Ugnaught :wink:

I'm also FTP (I'm that "normal" player you mentioned).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I love how people who don't want to take responsibility for their choices immediately think they are being attacked on the internet.

I was simply pointing out that you made choices and those choices are the reason you are facing a "GET1 wall". You didn't really need to "guess right", this event required the only 2 characters that could only be acquired with GET1 (until ECs came out a year ago). The lesson continues to be "farm everything in case it is required someday".

So you have every toon at 7 stars? Captain Han Solo? Hoth Brothers?

I can't speak for MAC specifically, but any player here since the launch of TBs will have those 3 at 7*.

disagree, but that may be bc others in guild had enough of him for platoons (if I'm recalling hoth tb correctly)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    laoukalb6lw2.jpeg

It doesn't.

r3yvb8fox2go.png

I like the data, but sadly it doesn't tell us anything even remotely conclusive by only looking at Carbonite. Heck, that could tell us that more new players are hitting 85 near the end of each consecutive month and being auto-joined into GAC. What we need to see anything related to participation numbers would be this data for all leagues and all divisions.

The data is from the first week where all is in carbonite. So it's as close to reality as players can get from what's avaliable to us. I'm the one at fault by saying later weeks. Lowest number you can see (at 0 points) before anyone passes to bronzium is closest to bottom in any division. The full chart has all the division breakups and it's main purpose was to see the shifts in divisions. The cut I posted is the last line of the chart. But the conductor chooses not to post on the forums and you can see it eventually on reddit when she feels like posting it.
  • Options
    Try to join a better guild. It help a lot.
  • Options
    I'm a newer player as well and it will take me over a year if ever to get JKL. Guild i am in now doesn't even do Hoth LS so not sure i'll ever get it. Plus side is there is little chance i'll face a JKL due to where i am in GP so it doesn't bother me too much, though i'd like to get him at some point.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    The guild your in influences much of your roster. Relaxed guilds are fun and tend not to pressure players to farm and develop characters. Competitive guilds push players to farm and develop characters for certain modes like TB. At one point Wampa was needed for a top team in the HAAT raid. Hermit Yoda was a help in the Sith Raid, also he was directly related to Lukes advancement . It’s OK if it takes a little while to unlock him. Finding a more active guild or making your guild more active can help get better currencies.
  • Options
    I have been playing almost 2 years and will not get Luke in the foreseeable future this is something you have make peace with if you are going to play this game unless you spend big money. You have to focus on a couple things at a time and don’t go chasing the new shiny.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I think to be fair, The OP did not paint a fair picture of the game. It is not hard to get a G 12 character and with focus a relic character. again I know players who have played less Than a year and have relics.the problem CG faced with JKL is this, everyone wants JKL, but everybody expects him to be powerful but no powerful character can be easily accessible to everyone or else it would throw off their strategy of making powerful attractive characters readily accessible to players who are going to pay, but also making them accessible in more time to players willing to dedicate resources to them and not pay

Agree. I started an alt 6 months ago and have a few g12. Could have more but I'm trying to be careful with resources. WHich is why I asked op how long he's been playing. I have like 30k get1 which is around 1/3rd of the way to 7* wampa or Hoda. I remember at the time I was buying those shards on my main it seemed like I would never get there but I've had both for a long while now bc I wanted them more than gear. and bc gear can be farmed. Any super finite reource like GET1/2 chars/ships are at a premium imo
    I am guessing he is not focusing and trying to do everything at once which gets you nowhere people have to learn to focus if I would have known what I know now the first 6 months I played this game I wasted so much time and resources leveling up and gearing characters that I did not need and still don’t use
  • Options

Yes I agree you are not attacking him at all and it is true we all have to live with the choices we make. To complain that you used your currencies or whatever on other things and now want to complain because you cannot unlock Luke because of it is your problem. I cannot get him either as I have not done Wampa or Hermit Yoda. I have been playing almost two years and just unlocked Malak last week and all my currency is going towards his shards and I am not mad about it at all once he is done I’m going to work on Hermit then Wampa it will take a long time but that is the fun and point of the game working towards a goal and how good it feels when you complete something
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    This is the final outcome of Luke run. 500 below GAS unlockers. Pretty normal outcome imho given the immediate lack of desirability for the toon. I'm preparing for the 2nd run and more than halfway done.

e18fh9eezwe7.png
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    This is the final outcome of Luke run. 500 below GAS unlockers. Pretty normal outcome imho given the immediate lack of desirability for the toon. I'm preparing for the 2nd run and more than halfway done.

e18fh9eezwe7.png

this, I'll get him next time, like almost every other new release.
  • Options
    If you have not been playing this game for at least 3 years you are better off playing a different game. Relics are a pain but the JKL reqs are definitely achievable for a player who has put 3 or 4 years in.