To go for Luke, or wait to see

I actually like the resource management side of this game, and I tend to hoard so it usually works out for me when someone comes by that i need. But. With them seemingly waiting until the last second to drop the road ahead, in the back of my mind I keep thinking I should hold the gear and see what's on the horizon, especially when I dont really see a team for him. But. If Luke is needed for that new content (or possibly another GL) its gonna kinda suck to pass on him when I had the gear needed to get him. But. If I use up the stockpile and something big drops right after, that will also suck.

I'd love to see that road ahead before this event ends...

So to go for Luke or wait and see...?

Replies

• Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    Follow Your heart, You must ;)
  • I can tell you it doesn't really help in a Rey team against Kylo. Just fought one. Not too impressed.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    the answer is most definitely yes!
  • Go for Luke no content is coming, the road ahead will promise stuff like they did last time round and nothing will come of it.
  • Sure they said this year was gonna be packed with content as they realised last year wasn’t great.

So far Half way through the year we have GL’s and a few marquee characters, Luke and two ships.

Cheers.
  • Paulos999 wrote: »
    Go for Luke no content is coming, the road ahead will promise stuff like they did last time round and nothing will come of it.

If only they were that honest
  • Paulos999 wrote: »
    Sure they said this year was gonna be packed with content as they realised last year wasn’t great.

So far Half way through the year we have GL’s and a few marquee characters, Luke and two ships.

Cheers.

If they tell us 6 more months of nothing, I’m done. I’m sure they will lie and try to sting people along though.
  • I agree that he will absolutely be needed for something in the future, but the question is when. Can you afford to wait until next time? Most likely. Do you have any GLs yet? I’d say having one of those first is most important
  • I've already smoked a whale's luke in my shard, so not all that impressed. Still on the fence though, I need to wait until tb ends either way.

Thanks for all the input though
  • Brotherius wrote: »
    I agree that he will absolutely be needed for something in the future, but the question is when. Can you afford to wait until next time? Most likely. Do you have any GLs yet? I’d say having one of those first is most important

Ya I have an ult kylo already
  • You will probably need JKL to unlock the road ahead post ......
  • Just about have the gear to finish requirements but I think I’m gonna pass on this one. I’m just done chasing in this game and have decided to stand down. Pretty sure this was a end of quarter cash grab and I’m not going to comply anymore. 4 months isn’t that far away and to be honest. The way content releases have slowed to a crawl, probably won’t be falling behind anytime soon.
  • I m almost sure JKL will be needed to unlock GL Luke or GL Vader which will come next
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Go for Luke no content is coming, the road ahead will promise stuff like they did last time round and nothing will come of it.

Which RA promised things that didnt come around?

If you can get luke in a way that is comfortable for you, I'm not sure why you would wait.

From all accounts seems to be a solid toon, but nothing meta shifting. He could be needed for something else, and you can get use out of him.

Personally I'm still going back and forth. I am leaning more towards getting him and slightly slowing my GLRey progress, as I just finished Kylos ultimate.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »

Which RA promised things that didnt come around?

If you can get luke in a way that is comfortable for you, I'm not sure why you would wait.

From all accounts seems to be a solid toon, but nothing meta shifting. He could be needed for something else, and you can get use out of him.

Personally I'm still going back and forth. I am leaning more towards getting him and slightly slowing my GLRey progress, as I just finished Kylos ultimate.

You should finish your Rey farm.

My strategy is a lot different with having both in GAC. And I am facing a lot of people with only 1. It's putting them in a tough spot.

And maybe right now you are only facing maybe 1 or 2 players with both in your GAC. But another month and you will be facing players who have both almost all the time.

If you are serious about GAC, then don't make that mistake.

I've faced Jedi Knight Luke in an arena team and it didn't do anything..... JKL won't save your team in GAC against someone who has 2 GL's and you have 1 and Luke...

• baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm apprehensive as it will drive up my gp, for a toon that won't really help me that much in GAC. It'll mean dealing with people with both GL's, and that's not ideal to always finishing kyber. So although it won't cost me anything to get him, for the next few gac's it may end up costing me in the long run. So I just don't see his value, but that may be just me. He's certainly not difficult to beat.

Really leaning towards just continuing to hoard. I'll get him next time if it makes sense (due to him being needed for a GL)