Galactic Republic Jedi Rework and Kit idea's

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited September 2021
These are some rework and kit idea's for Galactic Republic Jedi. Some where a reaction to another post (namely Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan). Shoutout to @Sebek for those. You can find the original post here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/231397/qui-gon-jinn-and-jedi-padawan-obi-wan-kit-rework-idea-and-kit-idea-please-check-out
I also added what type of mastery they would be. It's a small addition to the tags. As always, tell me what you think.

Qui-Gon Jinn (Rework Idea)
Light Side, Support (INT), Leader, Galactic Republic, Jedi
Versatile Support who understands that the best defense is a swift and decisive offense.

Basic: Quick Strike
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy. If this ability is used during another Galactic Republic Jedi ally’s turn, grant that ally Foresight for 2 turns. Otherwise gain 30% Turn Meter.

Special 1: Harmonious Assault (Cooldown: 2)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and call an ally to assist. If Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan is an ally, he also assists. Assisting allies deal 30% more damage and recover 30% Protection.

Special 2: Humbling Blow (Cooldown: 4)
FINAL TEXT: All Galactic Republic Jedi allies gain Health Steal Up for 3 turns. Then dispel all buffs from target enemy and deal Special damage to them, which can’t be evaded. If any buffs where dispelled, all allies gain Offense Up for 3 turns.

Leader: Agility Training
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Jedi allies gain +30 Speed, gain Offense equal to 3 times their Speed, and gain Foresight for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated.
Whenever a Galactic Republic Jedi ally loses Foresight without evading an attack, they gain Foresight for 2 turns.

Unique 1: Master and Apprentice
FINAL TEXT: If Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan is an ally, Qui-Gon Jinn gains +30% Defense Penetration, doubled while Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan is defeated. In addition, Qui-Gon Jinn gains 10% Turn Meter whenever Jedi Padawan Obi Wan uses a Special ability.
When Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan is defeated, Qui-Gon Jinn dispels all debuffs from himself, reduces his cooldowns by 1, and takes an immediate bonus turn.

Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan (Kit Idea)
Light Side, Support (STR), Galactic Republic, Jedi
Versatile Support that disrupts enemy tactics while diverting attention from allies.

Basic: Overconfidence
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and remove 30% Turn Meter from them. This attack can’t be evaded, but has 15% less chance of scoring a Critical Hit.

Special 1: Diversion (Cooldown: 2)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call an ally to assist. If Qui-Gon Jinn is an ally, he also assists. Assisting allies deal 30% more damage and gain Stealth for 1 turn.

Special 2: Padawan Mind Tricks (Cooldown: 4)
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs from target enemy and inflict Ability Block on them for 1 turn. If all active allies are Galactic Republic Jedi, dispel all buffs from 2 random other enemies and inflict Ability Block on them for 1 turn. These effects can’t be evaded.
When each of these Ability Blocks expire, increase that enemy’s cooldowns by 1, which can’t be evaded or resisted.

Unique 1: Master and Apprentice
FINAL TEXT: If Qui-Gon Jinn is an ally, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan gains +30% Potency, doubled while Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated. In addition, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan gains 10% Turn Meter whenever Qui-Gon Jinn uses a Special ability.
When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan dispels all debuffs from himself, reduces his cooldowns by 1, and takes an immediate bonus turn.

Ima-Gun Di (Rework Idea)
Light Side, Tank (STR), Leader, Galactic Republic, Jedi
Supportive Tank that holds the line for as long as possible.

Basic: Buy More Time
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Taunt for 1 turn. All other Galactic Republic allies recover 10% Protection.

Special 1: “Let’s Make The End Memorable” (Cooldown: 3)
FINAL TEXT: Ima-Gun Di loses up to 30% of his Health and Protection (this Health loss can’t defeat him) and deals True damage to target enemy equal to 60% of the total amount lost. Then target other Galactic Republic ally recovers Health and Protection equal to 60% of the amounts lost and is called to assist.

Leader: Galactic Republic Strategist
FINAL TEXT: All Galactic Republic allies have +35% Counter Chance and +70% Defense. Whenever a Galactic Republic ally attacks out of turn, they deal 35% more damage. Whenever an enemy attacks a Galactic Republic ally out of turn, they deal 35% less damage.

Unique 1: Last Stand
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Ima-Gun Di has +35% Counter Chance and +70% Critical Resistance.
Whenever Ima-Gun Di suffers a Critical Hit, he recovers 5% Health and 10% Protection at the start of the next 3 turns (stacking).

Critical Resistance: Reduces damage taken when Critically Hit (Antithesis of Critical Damage, like how Critical Avoidance is the antithesis of Critical Chance).
Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• Sebek wrote: »
    Great Job, But there are two things:
    What does the Jinn basic:If a ally a Galaactic Republic ally calls Qui Gon, do?
    And with Aayla the Special says recover health equal damage dealt, you missed to between Equal and Damage.
    Other than that 10/9.(9)

@Sebek That typo was embarrassing, but is now fixed. As for the Qui-Gon basic, that is a weird way to word it, but you're asking what it does, right? Well, lets use Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan's first special as an example. Obi-Wan uses his first special (Distraction) to call Qui-Gon to assist. This triggers Qui-Gon's basic. Since Qui-Gon is assisting a Galactic Republic Jedi ally, that effect of his basic triggers and Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan gains Foresight for 2 turns. This works nicely with the stealth from Obi-Wan's special since he will now more likely be targeted. But yeah, Qui-Gon's basic grants Foresight to Galactic Republic allies when Qui-Gon assists them. Hope this helped clear it up.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Great Job, But there are two things:
    What does the Jinn basic:If a ally a Galaactic Republic ally calls Qui Gon, do?
    And with Aayla the Special says recover health equal damage dealt, you missed to between Equal and Damage.
    Other than that 10/9.(9)

@Sebek That typo was embarrassing, but is now fixed. As for the Qui-Gon basic, that is a weird way to word it, but you're asking what it does, right? Well, lets use Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan's first special as an example. Obi-Wan uses his first special (Distraction) to call Qui-Gon to assist. This triggers Qui-Gon's basic. Since Qui-Gon is assisting a Galactic Republic Jedi ally, that effect of his basic triggers and Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan gains Foresight for 2 turns. This works nicely with the stealth from Obi-Wan's special since he will now more likely be targeted. But yeah, Qui-Gon's basic grants Foresight to Galactic Republic allies when Qui-Gon assists them. Hope this helped clear it up.

Oh maybe it will be better called, if a Galactic Republic Jedi ally called Qui Gon.
    Because i understood when after Wui Gon Uses basic, then If Some GR Jedi ally calls to assist grant them Foresight

@Sebek not a bad point. Thu I did realize another point with the basic that bothered me, so I ended up changing the effect of Qui-Gon's basic (slightly). Hope the effect is now more clear, even if it isn't the same as it was.
    In case you're interested, I realized that with the 10% turn meter gain from his unique and the 30% from his basic, he could gain 40% turn meter when Obi-Wan calls him to assist. This sounds good on paper, but does make the 1 turn stealth expire a tad too fast. So I made it that the Foresight and turn meter are exclusive. Only one of the 2 happens now, depending on during who's turn it's used.
  • Qui-Gon's unique feels too restrictive. It could be something like 'Here and Now'
  • Zombefyer wrote: »
    Qui-Gon's unique feels too restrictive. It could be something like 'Here and Now'

@Zombefyer so you told me one unique that is part of a pair doesn't work according to you without saying anything abut the other, told me it's too restrictive without giving any reason why or suggestion on how to do it better, and just gave the name of an unique you have thought up.
    This can essentially be summed up as: "I have an idea in my head, therefore you are not allowed to have one". That is just plain mean and ignorant.
    Next time try to see what others tried to achieve with their idea's and give feedback on how you believe they can do that better, instead of forcing your worldview onto others without any thought on how that would affect the goal or synergy of the idea.