This game is getting to costly for the return on entertainment.

U235
23 posts Member
edited June 2020
First off let me say that I am what some people would call a kraken... I have a 7.5 Million account and I do not use any type of questionable programs and built my account myself though money that I have earned... I have always loved and defended the game and found it fun to figure out new things with old and new characters. I was one of the first players to figure out and use the HK-47 Droid team in arena if that gives you an Idea for how long I have played the game. I have run into all types of cheaters in the game and have even made friendships with some of them in Discord... but I do not cheat myself. I have avoided guilds that use questionable bots because I consider that to be cheating... I have never paid anyone to remod my account because in my minds eye giving someone access to my account is cheating, even though I could really use the help to remod my stuff. CGs modding system sucks and I suck at modding even worse.

I buy every new character that comes out unless it is a character I really do not like as much as others... then I will buy it up slowly... it is cheaper that way. I have not really farmed anything because my time is more valued than my money that I can make in that amount of time and now I am feeling like playing this game is a waste of my time. I have sat by and watched a countless number of times where what should still be a good character is out dated and left behind with no upgrades while CG moves on to what seems to be their next big cash grab.

This game could be so much more than it is and that is why I stick around... that and my love for the Starwars IP, but I have had enough. I am playing my account on auto pilot hoping things change but my interest is fading fast. I have sent CG personal many messages asking for clarification on the Terms Of Service for close to a year now (ever sense HotBot was released) and those messages sit with dust on them with no response. That on top of the fact that many of my other now worthless characters... characters I have spent hundreds of dollars on in the past are at best laughable at Relic 7 in GAC... the one event I feel is worth my time to keep this game around for.

I had hope in my heart for this game when they (CG) was talking about reworking stuff but then that faded when they said the Mace Windu rework was canceled and immediately came out with Jedi Knight Luke with a kit that made NO SENSE when you look at his character from the movie.

please return the entertainment CG. Give me a reason to keep spending.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Nice post.

Not a kraken but had the same feeling about how spender should feel. Everyone from f2p to whale are treated like trash by CG economic politic.

And Luke was the apex of it, a total non sense in kit, clearly designed to go to someone else. This is ridiculous
  • Options
    Well said sir.

This is a reflection of how I feel. Although i'm not a kraken, I have definitely charted whale territory for years in the past. I feel sick thinking CG took my money, knowing they simply do not give a **** anymore.

I stopped spending in May due to personal financial reasons, but now I have more reasons for not spending. CG simply does not care for the player base. The clear evidence is the lack of communication, and double standards with their own TOS. CG and EA has seen the last of my money.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    maybe a change of guild will help, let me know!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Turn someones growing apathy towards the game into a guild recruitment tool, bravo.

https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo many ea moves coming through the cracks. Look at madden lol it’s been the same **** game for like 15 years but they slowly add more micro transactions. Battlefront 2 combined a padme kit and Ashoka kit that was in development to make an isb agent for the empire. You don’t think they would combine Luke and mace to make a buck? Shady money grubbing tactics on a game they can’t even produce content for anymore. I don’t think it’s worth waiting around for change, this is the way it’s always gonna be for them. Hopefully more voice their dissatisfaction, in the meantime I know everyone loves Star Wars here but continuing to support this company is to ensure further abuse from the next one.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    U235 wrote: »
    First off let me say that I am what some people would call a kraken... I have a 7.5 Million account and I do not use any type of questionable programs and built my account myself though money that I have earned... I have always loved and defended the game and found it fun to figure out new things with old and new characters. I was one of the first players to figure out and use the HK-47 Droid team in arena if that gives you an Idea for how long I have played the game. I have run into all types of cheaters in the game and have even made friendships with some of them in Discord... but I do not cheat myself. I have avoided guilds that use questionable bots because I consider that to be cheating... I have never paid anyone to remod my account because in my minds eye giving someone access to my account is cheating, even though I could really use the help to remod my stuff. CGs modding system sucks and I suck at modding even worse.

I buy every new character that comes out unless it is a character I really do not like as much as others... then I will buy it up slowly... it is cheaper that way. I have not really farmed anything because my time is more valued than my money that I can make in that amount of time and now I am feeling like playing this game is a waste of my time. I have sat by and watched a countless number of times where what should still be a good character is out dated and left behind with no upgrades while CG moves on to what seems to be their next big cash grab.

This game could be so much more than it is and that is why I stick around... that and my love for the Starwars IP, but I have had enough. I am playing my account on auto pilot hoping things change but my interest is fading fast. I have sent CG personal many messages asking for clarification on the Terms Of Service for close to a year now (ever sense HotBot was released) and those messages sit with dust on them with no response. That on top of the fact that many of my other now worthless characters... characters I have spent hundreds of dollars on in the past are at best laughable at Relic 7 in GAC... the one event I feel is worth my time to keep this game around for.

I had hope in my heart for this game when they (CG) was talking about reworking stuff but then that faded when they said the Mace Windu rework was canceled and immediately came out with Jedi Knight Luke with a kit that made NO SENSE when you look at his character from the movie.

please return the entertainment CG. Give me a reason to keep spending.

Thanks, man, for supporting the game. I am out of words describing CG's attitude.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    Options
    People can cry, beg, threaten or do many other things but the only thing companies understand is money. Speak with your wallet but beware the potential consequences.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Turn someones growing apathy towards the game into a guild recruitment tool, bravo.

Can't fake a lack of class.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I think a change of scenery is all op needs to revive passion in the game! and we have the best scenery imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

I think a change of scenery is all op needs to revive passion in the game! and we have the best scenery imo

Out of all the issues he brought up about the game, you feel his guild is the only issue that needs fixing and then all the other things will just go away?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.