SWGOH ruined KOTOR for me

I had never heard or played KOTOR before SWGOH, and I'll admit I was a little interested in it, but as soon as they added the Revans and Jolee, I now refuse to play or watch it. I cannot explain how much I hate Revan. He ruined the game, and as a F2P player, I can't advance at all at the moment in Arena because my area is filled with Revans. I have a Padme team, and can beat GAS sometimes, but I just can't get past stupid revan.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Go watch Just Ian YouTube videos. Padmé can beat either Revan team easily. I used to routinely beat better relic'd teams with Padmé
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    MoonGravel wrote: »
    I had never heard or played KOTOR before SWGOH, and I'll admit I was a little interested in it, but as soon as they added the Revans and Jolee, I now refuse to play or watch it. I cannot explain how much I hate Revan. He ruined the game, and as a F2P player, I can't advance at all at the moment in Arena because my area is filled with Revans. I have a Padme team, and can beat GAS sometimes, but I just can't get past stupid revan.

KOTOR games are amazing. Worth playing
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Soon enough you'll learn to hate GAS and GLs instead. Besides, when you get DR yourself, you might find he's a lot of fun to use.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Slowly swgoh will ruin the entire franchise...hopefully.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Revans isn’t that bad. It’s either Padme or GAS or Shaak Ti teams that annoys me more.

And KOTOR is an amazing game. I still hope for a remaster, but no chance of that happening.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Get over the hate nd go play kotor. Its amazing. This game realy does it no justice.
  • Options
    What the heck? My r7 Padme team beats Dart Revan teams all the time. You need to mod them to have a very specific turn order for it to work though. Watch a video op.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Ouch. Sorry, disagree. Ironically I had almost the opposite problem of the OP - KOTOR ruining swgoh. Lol. I found KOTOR very linear and boring. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the first one. I know not everyone shares that opinion - but just wanted to make sure to pass along that they are not universally loved either.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Swgoh doesn't really compare to kotor, they're completely different styles of games
    In kotor you actually interact with the characters and they're not as broken as in this game
    Also padme can wreck both revans consistently, check some videos for tips
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options

The system and graphics are not really amazing these days...
  • Options
    Soon enough you'll learn to hate GAS and GLs instead. Besides, when you get DR yourself, you might find he's a lot of fun to use.

With padme it's much easier to beat a GAS team then a jedi revan team. (I speak about full relic 7)
    And I prefer GAS over dr because I don't have to remod my padme vs GAS
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Just want to add that for me it was a lot easier to beat GAS with Padme. Sometimes I was already beaten before I took a turn. Fortunately there was an influx of new GAS squads after the last event and I usually had an opportunity to climb.

Oh, and KOTOR 1 was really good. You can play it on mobile now and it´s still fun. KOTOR 2 was too buggy. I never saw the end because I was stuck. They are old games and certainly do not compare to what we can play today. They are SW classics. But Malak in KOTOR was not as powerful as he is in SWGOH I believe.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Honestly KOTOR became much too outdated for me graphics-wise by the time I tried it. I didn't play it when it was contemporary, so there's no nostalgia there for me, making it that much harder to get into now in this age. Not like say Morrrowind which I can play and enjoy probably forever.

The SWTOR moo however is a stellar game, even if it plays more like a single player game. Such great story arcs.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

The system and graphics are not really amazing these days...

When I played KotoR 1&2, they were already outdated when it comes to graphics and some of the mechanics, but... as soon as I got into the story, it didn't matter anymore to me. A friend had recommended the games to me after we had already played SWTOR together and at first, I was also concerned if such older games would be fun to play. But then it was awesome, the story, the characters, all those interesting and sometimes hilarious dialogues, especially with Jolee! :D A point people missed, are that you need to gain influence on your allies, meaning they need to like you to tell you their full story, you unlock the dialogue options step by step and need to talk to them when getting the opportunity - don't ever delay or skip it. One experience though is something that is obviously taken away when you already know the characters through SWGOH... you already know it's Revan's journey. When I played it, I only knew the character from the SWTOR dlc, but not too much about his back story. So I thought I'd play a random Jedi who would just meet or switch over to Revan at some point in the story, or he would be played in KotoR 2. :D Which also has a great story, which is also less spoiled here as you only know the Sith Triumvirate exists, but not really more about it.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Necr-

Huh?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    2018 called again.
  • Options
    If swgoh ruined kotor for you, a game you've never played, you may as well quit star wars all together.
  • Options
    If swgoh ruined kotor for you, a game you've never played, you may as well quit star wars all together.

and it ruined it for him because of the Revans! LOL. I was going to learn Chinese but the world ruined it for me because of China.
  • Options

and it ruined it for him because of the Revans! LOL. I was going to learn Chinese but the world ruined it for me because of China.

what... like what is this analogy lol I also simply don't want to spend money on a game that has poor graphics. I tried watching videos, but the characters are so flat and not diverse. It's great if you like it, but I don't really feel like it's worth my time.

• Options
    Sucks to be you. Kotor was my favorite piece of Star Wars content and I love that the characters are in the game. I bet you love the sequel trilogy don’t you?
  • Options
    I tried playing KOTOR a couple times. Once a loooooooong time ago and never finished because ... frankly I do not remember why. Bored I guess. Then I tried again since playing SWGOH and was more motivated to do it. Had to force myself to slog through the stuff I didn't like, but still have not finished it.

I got stuck on Manaan and have no idea what I am supposed to do. Got executed for murdering people in the Sith embassy one time ... ran into a Dark Jedi murder machine in there another time ... missed winning the swoop championship by a fraction of a second ... I think there are some missing children somewhere that I cannot find ... something else about bounty hunters ... just cannot progress. So there it sits, unfinished.
  • Options
    I tried playing KOTOR a couple times. Once a loooooooong time ago and never finished because ... frankly I do not remember why. Bored I guess. Then I tried again since playing SWGOH and was more motivated to do it. Had to force myself to slog through the stuff I didn't like, but still have not finished it.

I got stuck on Manaan and have no idea what I am supposed to do. Got executed for murdering people in the Sith embassy one time ... ran into a Dark Jedi murder machine in there another time ... missed winning the swoop championship by a fraction of a second ... I think there are some missing children somewhere that I cannot find ... something else about bounty hunters ... just cannot progress. So there it sits, unfinished.

Manaan is usually the least liked planet to visit and complete. That's why it's always done last in my playthroughs. You need to keep at it because the end parts of the game are good.
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Sucks to be you. Kotor was my favorite piece of Star Wars content and I love that the characters are in the game. I bet you love the sequel trilogy don’t you?

I like the sequels, but not as much as The Clone Wars. I love Ventress, Cad Bane, Ahsoka, Windu, Plo Koon, just the whole era a lot.

What's wrong with liking the Sequels? Let people like what they like.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

I love that this is an insult lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I love that this is an insult lol.

And the implication that it is somehow an objective criterion for measuring....well, anything really.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I would say swgoh ruined KOTOR for me, bc I tried it on my phone after seeing the revans here, but if I'm being honest, and had found the KOTOR game some other way, then KOTOR would have ruined KOTOR. What an awful game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    KOTOR was a great game in its day... but that day was 17 years ago. ;)