Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• Brotherius wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I’m a Rey owner and I’m excited by this rework. Vader deserves to be relevant, and I’m confident I can prevent my Rey team from getting stomped on defense. This is what the community needed

Vader rolls over GL Rey like nothing. What is the point of calling her "Galactic Legend" with the BY FAR most effort to get her (same for GLK) .. and she gets totally owned by a F2P char team that you can get with basically no effort.
    Does not make sense at all ..

Are you stating that from experience or Ahnalds 1 video?

So if the problem Rey owners are complaining about didn't exist, you'd be fine. Shocking stuff.

They shouldn't nerf Vader. The kit is so well tailored to him. It's okay for him to beat everyone else but GLs on a consistent basis. It's okay for him to beat Rey on a reasonably consistent basis with a team full of high relic, high value toons. He shouldn't beat Rey on low relic with sprinkles of out of meta g12 toons in the mix.

The appropriate fix is not to nerf Vader. They need to buff Rey (slightly to make Vader counters a bit more difficult and not so clean and to increase her value in pve) and Jedi Luke (make him at least as valuable a counter to Kylo as Vader is to Rey without having to pull the best non-GL LS toons. I would say he should be more viable then Vader, but whatever).
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    CG did one good thing here. If they nerf Vader now or buff Rey to specifically counter Vader (repeat of Palp vs Malak) I think I'm done with the game for good. Minecraft 1.16 is out today anyway.

Probably will, the Rey cry babies will have to get their way. Everyone complains about power creep then a old F2P character comes along and it’s no we can’t have that, buff the most op squad in the game now!

Kylo kills Rey
    Rey kills kylo
    5’s beats kylo
    Vader beats Rey
    And from what I’ve seen kylo can’t beat Rey + Luke so she still the pvp queen.

Pretty balanced

I beat a full R7 Rey team with JKL in it every day for 1st with SLKR so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

That guy also forgot to mention that DR and JKR beat Rey.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Cry me a river. Vader doesn't hold on defense, stop moaning for nerf just because the char that is THE face of Star Wars became a good counter for 1 of the GL.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Cry me a river. Vader doesn't hold on defense, stop moaning for nerf just because the char that is THE face of Star Wars became a good counter for 1 of the GL.

Especially cuz he became a good counter FOR ONE OF THEM. Why not both then?
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »

This guy gets it
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    EAZY_E wrote: »

This guy gets it

Yeah, but neither of you do. I don't know that I've actually seen anyone "moaning" about it, but if they were, it would be understandable. Sure, Vader is probably the most iconic Star Wars character ever, but he's also easily obtainable and most people have him at high gear already for various reasons. Now everyone has a viable counter to the 3rd most exclusive character in the game.

I don't think they *should* nerf Vader, but it's hilarious that they've forced anyone that doesn't want to lose to a throwaway team with to use the same lineup.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

This guy gets it

Yeah, but neither of you do. I don't know that I've actually seen anyone "moaning" about it, but if they were, it would be understandable. Sure, Vader is probably the most iconic Star Wars character ever, but he's also easily obtainable and most people have him at high gear already for various reasons. Now everyone has a viable counter to the 3rd most exclusive character in the game.

I don't think they *should* nerf Vader, but it's hilarious that they've forced anyone that doesn't want to lose to a throwaway team with to use the same lineup.

Third most elusive?
  • They don't need to nerf Vader. This is the Vader we need. However, they need to buff Rey. It was kitten when they buffed SLKR and now even more so with this Vader beating Rey nonsense.

Rey is the most costly toon in the game to get, IMO, and yeah, I'm pretty salty that she isn't stronger than she is compared to SLKR. SLKR is by far the dominant toon now and this Vader stuff makes it even worse for Rey owners. It is a hefty, hefty investment to get Rey only to be taken down by 3 year old toons.
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    I want to upgrade Vader and give him his zetas, but I’m hesitant because I feel like CG is going to nerf him. CG please make a post if you plan to nerf or keep him as he is. I personally think he’s amazing!
  • Of course something needs to happen. I can understand not "nerfing" Darth Vader but there is absolutely no way that he should be this good against GL Rey. When a G12 Vader with G12 brood and only a 4 star wat can easily make it to the top 10 of arena shards there is something wrong. If you actually think that such a f2p counter deserves to easily beat one of the highest paywall characters this game has ever seen, you are being naive.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

This guy gets it

Third most elusive?

Yes. In order of current exclusivity: JKL (2300) > SLKR (7000) > Rey (9000).
    ZAP wrote: »
    I could see them giving Rey a buff to stop the Vader counter and I think that would be much better than nerfing Vader right after a bunch of people just poured resources into him because of the rework.

Vader teams would still be elevated above where they were and the investment is still worth it.

If they nerf Vader, it shows they did zero testing and would be the ultimate “altered deal”.

Shouldn’t a high tenacity Rey team solve this issue? Maybe there’s a resistance character that gives Rey +50% tenacity? One already in her recommended team?

Sassy attitude aside, I think the current meta was shifting toward a Rey + Jedi build and this + Jedi Luke might shift it back

...could easily stop the GAS + 1 but that was too much for SLKR owners.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member

This guy gets it

Third most elusive?

I still have no idea what you mean. What are the figures in parentheses?
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I’m a Rey owner and I’m excited by this rework. Vader deserves to be relevant, and I’m confident I can prevent my Rey team from getting stomped on defense. This is what the community needed

Vader rolls over GL Rey like nothing. What is the point of calling her "Galactic Legend" with the BY FAR most effort to get her (same for GLK) .. and she gets totally owned by a F2P char team that you can get with basically no effort.
    Does not make sense at all ..

Are you stating that from experience or Ahnalds 1 video?

...stating from experience, this rework is fantastic...however, Rey should not be beaten by such a f2p character, given the investment made to obtain her. I would hate to see Vader nerfed after his amazing and much needed update/touch-up, but fair is fair.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member

This guy gets it

Third most elusive?

I still have no idea what you mean. What are the figures in parentheses?

The number of players that have each character, according to swgoh.gg.
  • No way this is in any way fair. The amount of effort to get the GL characters and characters like Malak, Darth Revan etc is totally undermined by this rediculous upgrade. Put a new zeta on Vader and transform him...to get GL characters players have to gear and relic up 12 characters...what are they thinking, it needs sorting quickly or players will leave in droves
  • No way this is in any way fair. The amount of effort to get the GL characters and characters like Malak, Darth Revan etc is totally undermined by this rediculous upgrade. Put a new zeta on Vader and transform him...to get GL characters players have to gear and relic up 12 characters...what are they thinking, it needs sorting quickly or players will leave in droves

I really don't think they will though. In fact I think this will keep people around longer if anything. This has generated more excitement from the player base than anything else they've done in over a year. A few incredibly salty whales might leave, but most will stay even if they are upset that their GL can be beat by vader.
  • Ludy11xc wrote: »
    No way this is in any way fair. The amount of effort to get the GL characters and characters like Malak, Darth Revan etc is totally undermined by this rediculous upgrade. Put a new zeta on Vader and transform him...to get GL characters players have to gear and relic up 12 characters...what are they thinking, it needs sorting quickly or players will leave in droves

I really don't think they will though. In fact I think this will keep people around longer if anything. This has generated more excitement from the player base than anything else they've done in over a year. A few incredibly salty whales might leave, but most will stay even if they are upset that their GL can be beat by vader.

..keep in mind that Vader didn't cost much, if anything, to obtain and gear/relic, versus a Galactic Legend character, requiring multiple relic'd characters, many to r5-r7. I do personally hope they keep the changes made to Vader, it's great to see the much needed touch-ups, however CG cannot and should not ignore the investment made by a part of the community to obtain her.
  • Thorlist
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    And now we need touch up for ROLO with relic lobot and ugnaught can in grand arena defeat SLKR for 55 points >:)

Seriously I don't want to see the time when we have 1 new character and 3-4 plug and plays characters with 1 tank every character rotation. Its impossible to balance them should have the strongest abilities on the team of their era and weaker in other cases.

I dont think that problem is in Vaders kit.¨

PS: I dont have any GL
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Leave this Vader alone.

We want him to be a bad **** again and now GL Rey fans are crying? CG can’t win lol
  • DO NOT NERF VADER.
  • Brotherius
    201 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Let’s stop overreacting, Vader should not get nerfed. He is finally very viable, but the Rey counter viability might be a bit overstated. He has been upgraded for almost 24 hours and everyone I know has applied the zeta and most (Like me) relic’d him up since. I still don’t see him in arena at all, not to mention owning the 20 reys in my top 25.

Also, we just so happen to have GAC and TW tomorrow. We’ll see just how damaging or not damaging this upgrade is.
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I absolutely get the frustrations of the Rey owners. With that in mind I winder if they get the frustration of the slkr owners over the 5s AI glitch. That being said, I guess everyone’s in this together. Rework slkr’s AI and nerf Vader? Or just leave it as it is? Still balance. There’s some order in this chaos after all.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I'm always hesitant to believe videos in the first few days, no matter how many. Usually they lack any context.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So to get GL Rey you need to get:
    Rey (Jedi Training) - Relic 7, Finn - Relic 5, Resistance Trooper - Relic 5, Rey (Scavenger), Relic 7, Resistance Pilot, Relic 3, Poe Dameron, Relic 5, Resistance Hero Finn, Relic 5, Amilyn Holdo, Relic 5, Rose Tico, Relic 5, Resistance Hero Poe Dameron, Relic 5, BB-8, Relic 7, Veteran Chewbacca, Relic 3, Raddus, 5 Stars

This means a lot .. a LOT of investment in time & usually money (hundreds, or thousands of $)

To unlock her you need to collect a lot of the special energy and run through the event.
    Then, gearing her up is also extremely expensive (compared to other toons), then you need to collect 6 Zetas only on her, and to unlock the ultimate you need collect the special energy again for a long time.

To get Vader you need to do:
    basically nothing, just get him, easily obtainable, needs just 2 Zetas.

Guess who rolls over Rey now .. yeah Vader. Even does not need a full build team, G12 mates with mostly super easy to get toons will do the job (most have anyway)
    Fair? No
    Logical? No
    Well tested? No

ok ... Fun for F2P? Yes, but hell CG .. what were you thoughts on this??
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    I have GL Rey, I love that Vader is dope. Stoked to use him to crush some teams. If that means someone beats my Rey team so be it. I love it!
  • Si0n wrote: »
    I absolutely get the frustrations of the Rey owners. With that in mind I winder if they get the frustration of the slkr owners over the 5s AI glitch. That being said, I guess everyone’s in this together. Rework slkr’s AI and nerf Vader? Or just leave it as it is? Still balance. There’s some order in this chaos after all.

First of all Rey needs to be buffed to be best arena defensive squad as it was initially designed, so let's either give her SLKR's offensive skills and tricks or buff her even more defensively before fixing AI. There was a balance but it's gone after SLKR was surprisingly buffed when there was no need for it at all.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    So to get GL Rey you need to get:
    Rey (Jedi Training) - Relic 7, Finn - Relic 5, Resistance Trooper - Relic 5, Rey (Scavenger), Relic 7, Resistance Pilot, Relic 3, Poe Dameron, Relic 5, Resistance Hero Finn, Relic 5, Amilyn Holdo, Relic 5, Rose Tico, Relic 5, Resistance Hero Poe Dameron, Relic 5, BB-8, Relic 7, Veteran Chewbacca, Relic 3, Raddus, 5 Stars

This means a lot .. a LOT of investment in time & usually money (hundreds, or thousands of $)

To unlock her you need to collect a lot of the special energy and run through the event.
    Then, gearing her up is also extremely expensive (compared to other toons), then you need to collect 6 Zetas only on her, and to unlock the ultimate you need collect the special energy again for a long time.

To get Vader you need to do:
    basically nothing, just get him, easily obtainable, needs just 2 Zetas.

Guess who rolls over Rey now .. yeah Vader. Even does not need a full build team, G12 mates with mostly super easy to get toons will do the job (most have anyway)
    Fair? No
    Logical? No
    Well tested? No

ok ... Fun for F2P? Yes, but hell CG .. what were you thoughts on this??

Vader isn’t that easily obtained. You can’t farm him at all. You either get him via the achievements or whale on him.

Also it’s possible to get the GLs without spending money. Spending money just mean you get them earlier. Will you cry tears when a F2P player with a GL Rey or KR beats you and complain to CG?

Get real.