Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• P.S. Vader rework is great but those old toons shouldn't be able to beat "Galactic Legend" no matter what
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    I love how people scream that CG needs to do more, then demand they nerf it when they do. Six months ago everyone screamed that GLs broke the game...then learned to adapt to it and are now saying Vader broke GLs. Can't wait to see what gets accused of breaking Vader in 6 months
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    03Chaos wrote: »
    I love how people scream that CG needs to do more, then demand they nerf it when they do. Six months ago everyone screamed that GLs broke the game...then learned to adapt to it and are now saying Vader broke GLs. Can't wait to see what gets accused of breaking Vader in 6 months

The fact that you are basically saying GLs and Vader are equivocal explains a lot about why you don't understand the need for the discussion in the first place.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Oh no! A viable counter for GL Rey that needs g13 to be consistent! Whatever will we do....

Yeesh, I’m always on CG’s case but idk how them reworking an iconic character like Vader to actually have viability again is bad. Everyone wanted a Vader rework. We got it, something finally everyone can enjoy.

PS where’s the road ahead....
  • 03Chaos wrote: »

Unfortunately Vader can't beat SLKR. Would be nice to try and keep the only two GLs in game kinda balanced, not making one of them trash and other OP both PvP and PvE (HSTR obviously)
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Oh no! A viable counter for GL Rey that needs g13 to be consistent! Whatever will we do....

Yeesh, I’m always on CG’s case but idk how them reworking an iconic character like Vader to actually have viability again is bad. Everyone wanted a Vader rework. We got it, something finally everyone can enjoy.

PS where’s the road ahead....

It's clear that Rey owners want Vader to be able to beat SLKR too, you know - if he's supposed to beat GLs so let's make him powerful enough to beat both of them, right?
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    As a 100% F2P that's about a month out from getting Rey, I have absolutely no issues with this. Why? Most of my opponents in both TW and GAC don't have Wat. They don't have Shoretrooper reliced. They don't have 7* reliced probe droid. And they don't have the resources to suddenly relic 7 the entire team at no cost. I'm going to have Rey... and have a counter for Rey... so I can freely set her on defense with absolutely no worry about having to use her against another Rey. And considering some of the luck I've had with my speed mods, I'm unsure most people in my GP bracket would even be able to counter my Rey team even with Wat unless they bought those GL mod sets a while back, since I'd still pretty fully outspeed most teams anyway. (I've only found 1 person with a character that could outspeed my JTR team in the like 6 months. He's in the top like 25 fastest DRs.)

I'm still getting free wins in most GACs because I have Traya and no one seems to realize that, so they keep putting geos on defense and getting 2-manned.

This is honestly only an issue for actual whales, or dedicated launch players. Because anything below 4-5M GP isn't going to generally even HAVE most of the characters people would need for these counter teams. I'm only barely getting Wat shards myself, and my guild's generally significantly farther along than most around the same brackets.

The simple fact is: Vader is THE most iconic character in the franchise, and it's nearly impossible for them to add another version with the current rules they've put into place for new character versions. Vader is Vader. So... we honestly NEED a buff to him that's this overwhelmingly good. I don't see it as an issue in any real way, and it really DOES do his character and his iconic status justice. Yes, he's ridiculously good for a character that's so... "free" by today's standards, but... does that matter? Not really. You can still beat him, you can still outspeed him and/or his team, you can still throw teams on defense that can withstand him. Just like any other team. So again... is there truly an issue here? No. The only issue is people thinking that a team requiring more investment should make them completely invincible. Which has never been the case, and seeing as the only people that could honestly have a "real" issue with it are almost exclusively near launch players, or whales that have been whaling for multiple years.... You should know this. EVERYTHING has some random counter that makes no sense. It's just how this game works.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

Unfortunately Vader can't beat SLKR.

*insert wrong gif here*
    https://youtu.be/nRNifVlaBKE
  • Got to love the people on here saying GL Rey costs “thousands of dollars”
    I’ll have her in about a month for about £30 of crystals....

Seriously?? Do people really spend 1000s on a few pixels? Why not a new car? Or an indoor home gym? Anything really...
  • It just became more interesting to reread this thread for all the post saying “slkr can get cheesed with 5s” now that CG are looking into fixing that.

Chances of a Rey buff? Slim to none?
    SLKR must be the best and hardest to beat toon it seems.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    It just became more interesting to reread this thread for all the post saying “slkr can get cheesed with 5s” now that CG are looking into fixing that.

Chances of a Rey buff? Slim to none?
    SLKR must be the best and hardest to beat toon it seems.

As I've been saying, Rey is supposed to be the worst GL. They do not care what beats Rey, but nothing can beat SLKR. Expect another buff to him to stop Vader from beating him at all.
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

Unfortunately Vader can't beat SLKR. Would be nice to try and keep the only two GLs in game kinda balanced, not making one of them trash and other OP both PvP and PvE (HSTR obviously)

Incorrect. Vader CAN beat SLKR, i've seen several wins against them today, and they were SLKR with Ultimate.
    So, they can both be beaten, no need to do anything about it, just let people invest in characters without constant buffs/nerfs/etc!
  • Nauros wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....

So you think didnt realize any of this, and the GLs + luke + vader were totally independent and they never considered interactions?

And I guess all thise considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.

It's not like they missed some obvious interactions with new characters ever before, right?

They actually just nerfed Finn because of an unexpected infinite loop caused by Vader's Merciless making C3PO feed too much turnmeter in HSTR
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The fact that you are basically saying GLs and Vader are equivocal explains a lot about why you don't understand the need for the discussion in the first place.

I didn't "basically say" anything is equivocal ...you interpreted what you wanted to interpret. What I "basically" said, is that this game changes constantly.

People can drop 2k on whatever they want, but I don't think that dropping 2k entitles them to anything, much less to dominate arena just because they have it. They made the choice to pay for it, nobody made them, they wanted it immediately, they can roll with the punches. One or two characters being end all be all takes the interesting aspects out of the game.
    I didn't "basically say" anything ...you interpreted what you wanted to interpret. And no, I don't think that dropped 2k because someone doesn't have any patience and needs instant gratification entitles them to anything, much less to dominate arena just because they have it. They made the choice to pay for it, nobody made them, time to roll with the punches. One or two characters being end all be all takes the interesting aspects out of the game.

And I really thought Galatic Legends char should be "Galatic Legends".
    Super hard to get with a lot of time (and / or money) investment.

But then comes Rework Vader who is F2P super easy to get (light years away of the effort you need to put in Rey) and steam rolls over GL Rey and as seen in videos even with G12 toons in his back.
    And this is what you call "interesting aspect".. seriously? Maybe, just maybe think about it again.

They f*** this up big time and ether they need to buff Rey (same as they already did with GLK just to mention) or they need to nerf Vader. Otherwise the logic and way the presented GL toons is totally destroyed.

• by a F2P team under Vader .. and the Vader team even does not get a single scratch?
    This does not compute to me .. I don't get it.
    To get GL Rey you need to climb Mount Everest, to get Vader you need to do what .. nothing ..
    Dont get it ..
  • Don’t ruin this great gift from CG. This is how powerful he should have been to begin with
  • ADriver wrote: »
    Don’t ruin this great gift from CG. This is how powerful he should have been to begin with

So powerful that he can steamroll over GL Rey teams? .. considering that she is the hardest character to get at all and Vader is super easy F2P to get? Where is the logic in it..

With this power Vader must be a GL char as well and not a char "everbody gets for free anyway".
    So is he a GL char? Is he nearly as hard to get as GL Rey? No, not at all ..
    So why should he steamroll over her?
    Does not make sense at all..

If Vader would be a GL char (with same hard effort to unlock), than I would be Ok with this.. but this is now just a big slap into the face for people who put all effort into getting Rey.
    I didn't "basically say" anything ...you interpreted what you wanted to interpret. And no, I don't think that dropped 2k because someone doesn't have any patience and needs instant gratification entitles them to anything, much less to dominate arena just because they have it. They made the choice to pay for it, nobody made them, time to roll with the punches. One or two characters being end all be all takes the interesting aspects out of the game.

And I really thought Galatic Legends char should be "Galatic Legends".
    Super hard to get with a lot of time (and / or money) investment.

But then comes Rework Vader who is F2P super easy to get (light years away of the effort you need to put in Rey) and steam rolls over GL Rey and as seen in videos even with G12 toons in his back.
    And this is what you call "interesting aspect".. seriously? Maybe, just maybe think about it again.

They f*** this up big time and ether they need to buff Rey (same as they already did with GLK just to mention) or they need to nerf Vader. Otherwise the logic and way the presented GL toons is totally destroyed.

I would argue for buffing Rey over nerfing Vader, because they gave Vader the respect he deserves and there's nothing wrong with that. And who says they aren't planning to buff Rey in the near future? As has been pointed out, maybe we should wait more than 24 hours before screaming and pouting. The first three days JKLS came out everyone was POed, and now videos testing him are starting to change their song...and it's only been a week.

I also think they regret GLs from the backlash, but they can't very well just turn them off.

Again, it might have been best just to release JKLS as a GL and a new Vader with this new skill in the kit as a GL.
  • If he’s so “free” where do you farm him?

Answer: You either pay for him or complete achievements.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    ADriver wrote: »
    If he’s so “free” where do you farm him?

Vader is f2p but he takes some time to get because you only get shards from achievements, and sometimes fleet shipments. I also agree that he should be way better than Rey to begin with but the fact is that they can't really just turn Vader into a Galactic Legend because it would turn the game upside down. The fact is, they just released 2 GL's, Rey and Kylo.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Isn't it about 3 months since they (GLs) were released?
  • https://youtu.be/UgaY51Z5VoA

Vader beats kylo too.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Isn't it about 3 months since they were released?

I think it was 3 months ago but it still can take a long time (for a f2p player) to farm for GL's because they require a lot of 7 star characters with high relic and gear levels.
  • ADriver wrote: »

Vader is f2p but he takes some time to get because you only get shards from achievements, and sometimes fleet shipments. I also agree that he should be way better than Rey to begin with but the fact is that they can't really just turn Vader into a Galactic Legend because it would turn the game upside down. The fact is, they just released 2 GL's, Rey and Kylo.

CG didn't just release them. That's nonsense. If you look at the history of the game, metas last about 4 months, typically. GL Rey and Kylo aren't far off that.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    ADriver wrote: »

CG didn't just release them. That's nonsense. If you look at the history of the game, metas last about 4 months, typically. GL Rey and Kylo aren't far off that.

I don't remember how long a certain meta lasts for so I wouldn't have known that. But the thing is, you would think that the Galactic Legend's meta would last for longer than 4 months because it is a Galactic Legend, and not just a regular character.
  • Neil
    21 posts Member
    GLs Are Getting Destroyed By Vador Should CG Change Something?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Buff GL Rey though - Kylo has already been buffed twice and they're considering a 3rd - he's fine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*