Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Vader did the job palpatine couldn’t by destroying the Resistance.

But it’s clear he’s gonna get nerfed after breaking the short-lasting meta

• Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Vader did the job palpatine couldn’t by destroying the Resistance.

But it’s clear he’s gonna get nerfed after breaking the short-lasting meta

Nah he’s not gonna get nerfed because CG hates rey. They’d be buffing kylo again
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Deell wrote: »
    Deell wrote: »
    Lol they chat banned me for talkong about not spending anymore money on this game. Whoch I had no idea was a TOS violation. No warning. No heads up. You may get a temp chat ban like I did fyi.

You are allowed to say that you dont want to spend money anymore. You are not allowed to try to encourage others to do the same or start a "no-spending campaign".

Ah ok. I did say something that encouraged folks to not spend as I was frustrated. But I wasnt aware it was TOS. Thanks for the info.

You didn't whale enough otherwise the TOS wouldn't apply even if you cheated. CG is a P2W company that will allow whales to cheat against dolphins - effectively committing fraud (the toons were bought, the match was supposed to be fair, and the ref allowed one player to cheat and didn't annull the match and give the rewards to the injured partyl
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    You will see that the change in AI supposedly to buff Kylo against padme fives will magically prevent Vader to win against him...
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    They finally did him justice. He is now a great character and counter. Change nothing.

• Options
    He's Darth Vader! BUFF HIM MORE!
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    You will see that the change in AI supposedly to buff Kylo against padme fives will magically prevent Vader to win against him...

CG's gonna try to kill two birds with one stone.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Vader should not be nerfed, all GL owners should be eligible for compensation.

Why are they not testing things with the META teams at least? If the people finding these counters, and investing in these characters are being paid by CG as beta testers then that is one thing.

To the best of my knowledge, they are not.

GL's are the top two characters in the game. For pretty much a full quarter our 'content' was posts about them coming.

The fault is with CG, and this happens again and again. CG repeatedly don't learn that testing is needed, so they should suffer - not everyone else.
  • Options
    Vader deserves to be this good.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    ADriver wrote: »
    If he’s so “free” where do you farm him?

Answer: You either pay for him or complete achievements.

Vader is f2p but he takes some time to get because you only get shards from achievements, and sometimes fleet shipments. I also agree that he should be way better than Rey to begin with but the fact is that they can't really just turn Vader into a Galactic Legend because it would turn the game upside down. The fact is, they just released 2 GL's, Rey and Kylo.

CG didn't just release them. That's nonsense. If you look at the history of the game, metas last about 4 months, typically. GL Rey and Kylo aren't far off that.

Not like that matters (the Traya meta lasted for like a year), but it's also incorrect. They were not meta immediately upon release. It was several weeks before enough people had them to be considered meta, so we are really only about a month in.

Also, the people that are upset, it's not really just about arena. It's because they went for Rey first, and she is outclassed by not only her counterpart (by a mile), but also by an F2P character that has been in the game since launch. So much effort put into this character, and the only part of the game where she is better than Kylo or Vader is LSTB.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Vader is f2p but he takes some time to get because you only get shards from achievements, and sometimes fleet shipments. I also agree that he should be way better than Rey to begin with but the fact is that they can't really just turn Vader into a Galactic Legend because it would turn the game upside down. The fact is, they just released 2 GL's, Rey and Kylo.

CG didn't just release them. That's nonsense. If you look at the history of the game, metas last about 4 months, typically. GL Rey and Kylo aren't far off that.

Not like that matters (the Traya meta lasted for like a year), but it's also incorrect. They were not meta immediately upon release. It was several weeks before enough people had them to be considered meta, so we are really only about a month in.

Also, the people that are upset, it's not really just about arena. It's because they went for Rey first, and she is outclassed by not only her counterpart (by a mile), but also by an F2P character that has been in the game since launch. So much effort put into this character, and the only part of the game where she is better than Kylo or Vader is LSTB.

This. And as usual, CG has not only made this situation worse by "considering" to buff SLKylo for a third time (which I believe is a record) - but at the same time, remains completely silent on Rey...and virtually every other aspect of the game. Oh, and the "buttons disappearing game freeze" is also back. If most of us did our jobs like this, we would be collecting unemployment.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Having counters available makes various game modes like TW, GAC, Arena more fun. He's not unstoppable. It's a nice change. Also - he's not "easy" to obtain for new players. Not perm spot in store - have to play and work to obtain
  • Options
    I'm so happy that Vader is finally powerful. Please just leave him be.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

I get that Rey users are annoyed and understandably so but I don't think anyone can say the GLs have just been released. They went live on 25th March.

I don't know if the Treya meta lasted a year or not but I'll take your word for it. I got her quite late so it was short for me but hey ho. Equally the JTR and Gen Skywalker metas were fairly short.

Just out of interest, how long do you think GLs should be meta for?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

I get that Rey users are annoyed and understandably so but I don't think anyone can say the GLs have just been released. They went live on 25th March.

I don't know if the Treya meta lasted a year or not but I'll take your word for it. I got her quite late so it was short for me but hey ho. Equally the JTR and Gen Skywalker metas were fairly short.

I have no opinion on how long they should be meta, but I feel like you're still focusing on the wrong thing. It's not that Vader easily beats Rey, it's that Rey is significantly worse than her counterpart, which is only exacerbated by Vader and the announcement that they're going to buff Kylo AGAIN. Meanwhile, Rey was much harder to obtain and provides significantly less value.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

I have no opinion on how long they should be meta, but I feel like you're still focusing on the wrong thing. It's not that Vader easily beats Rey, it's that Rey is significantly worse than her counterpart, which is only exacerbated by Vader and the announcement that they're going to buff Kylo AGAIN. Meanwhile, Rey was much harder to obtain and provides significantly less value.

I have tried to reflect that. I have a lot of sympathy for those that opted for Rey. I think she's still an amazing character but as it stands it's not fair that she isn't the equal of SL Kylo. CG should buff her.
  • Options
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

They weren't meta on 25th March. Unlike all previous releases, this one had no time limit. Add that to the much higher bar needed to clear in order to get them, there wasn't a flood of GLs immediately. I don't have the numbers but I'm pretty sure this meta took much longer to actually happen post-release than previous metas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    About GAC,

If what was a B-team becomes suddenly a GL counter (because we don't know yet if this counter is reliable), that may be a problem GAC-wise. It all depends on how much it costs (resource, not money) to get this Vador team up and running.

Players who made the strategic decision to go for Rey were ok to Relic 12 subpar characters in order to get a very strong one. The prerequisites made your roster go up by 62 relic level, so you compete against much tougher opponents due to matchmaking. But you have a very, very strong character that will pose problems to your opponent. But if (if, can't be definite at this time, still lack testing imo) Rey doesn't pose a problem anymore because it can be countered by a team anyone can have without any meaningful strategic decision, then you just have 12 subpar relic'd toons while your opponent can have 12 good relic'd characters instead, enough to field 3 strong teams.

So if it is a reliable counter (if it's a very specific counter needing special modding and whatnot, as Grievous was against DR, it's different) and stays like this, all the Rey owners will be at severe disadvantage in GAC, with no possibilities of take back, because of a strategic decision which seemed balanced at the time.

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    GL Rey: so useless that 5 out of the top 10 in my arena shard are using her. Including the player currently at #1.

Because everyone's Vader magically influenced their arena a few days back, right? Come back when the latest change has had time to take effect.

That's right because people waited ages to gear up and relic Jedi Luke didnt they?

What are you even babbling about? In a thread about Vader countering Rey, you bring up Jedi Luke as something old when his event hasn't even ended?
    W followed by T and F is censored? Seriously?

A) a fair number of people had Vader at relic level anyway as a requirement for JKL. So it's not like people are scrambling to relic Vader now.
    B) I inferred you were saying it's too early for Vader to have an impact on squad arena. Well, point A and I certainly noticed maxed out JKL within a day of the event starting.
    C) you brought up Vader. I was just pointing out that GL Rey Rey isn't useless as OP commented.

So seeing Rey at top spots means little anyway.

It means GL Rey isn't useless.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    GL Rey: so useless that 5 out of the top 10 in my arena shard are using her. Including the player currently at #1.

Because everyone's Vader magically influenced their arena a few days back, right? Come back when the latest change has had time to take effect.

That's right because people waited ages to gear up and relic Jedi Luke didnt they?

What are you even babbling about? In a thread about Vader countering Rey, you bring up Jedi Luke as something old when his event hasn't even ended?

A) a fair number of people had Vader at relic level anyway as a requirement for JKL. So it's not like people are scrambling to relic Vader now.
    B) I inferred you were saying it's too early for Vader to have an impact on squad arena. Well, point A and I certainly noticed maxed out JKL within a day of the event starting.
    C) you brought up Vader. I was just pointing out that GL Rey Rey isn't useless as OP commented.

Most intelligent people aren't saying she's useless. But she certainly is no longer 1 of two equal GL options.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options

100% this
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Most intelligent people aren't saying she's useless.

*looks around forum *
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Most intelligent people aren't saying she's useless. But she certainly is no longer 1 of two equal GL options.

The original thread before it was emerged described Rey as useless. Hence my comment.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Before this thread got merged, there was a separate once that described Rey as being useless - hence my comment.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    They are finally doing something really nice for FTP players. For those complaining, hush so we can have this one thing.

Apparently, you haven't considered that f2p players who had hoarded and spent on GL Rey might not be thrilled with this.

But hey, if you're cool making it only about you, whatever.

Oh...the ironing is delicious.

Ok I considered it...

If F2P players arent thrilled they might just go F2P... oh wait...

Wat am I missing?