How to Beat Bugs with my Roster

Roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/139342549/

Hi, I was looking for some advice on how to beat bugs with my roster. Generally Jedi, Empire and BH have all felt pretty useless with Empire and Jedi feeling the closest to winning but neither being able to bag any kills on G9/10/11 Geos with no zeta on GBA. I am not sure if it is just how I am playing it or if my teams are actually unable to take Ws against Geos. If I need to mod one of my teams specifically to beat them then I would be alright with doing that.

Replies

• Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I'd say farm bastilla fallen, give palpatine his zeta on his lead and use palp lead with vader, bastilla, thrawn and someone else.
  • Okay, so there are good counters to bugs out there.

Padme is a strong counter. Trea is a strong counter. Even strong Jawas are a counter.

Now, Darth Vader is looking like a strong counter with his Merciless Zeta. With Emperor Palpatine.

The issue is, find a team you feel like you can "spare" for bugs as Padme is a very powerful team and can handle pretty much any team up to GAS. ANd sometimes GAS if played right with the right combo.

THe problem with using Bastila is she won't hold any buffs and if the bugs are strong the protection won't last long either, ANd down the road, you are going to want to use your basitla in revan teams against GG. More than likely.

But that said, we have to deal with what we have!

So, yeah a yoda lead or a bastial lead with Jedi Knight Anakin, might be your best chance. Everytime the bugs kill someone , Anakin can make them pay. Unless they kill anakin first.

• I've been doing fairly well with zpalp, vader, bastilla fallen, the fighter pilot, and thrawn. Thrawn and bastilla need to be very fast though. Fracture the brute, put fear on poggle. Then ability blocks with vader and TFP. Kill the brood alpha first to get rid of hive mind. If the bugs are really fast it may be hard.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I've been doing fairly well with zpalp, vader, bastilla fallen, the fighter pilot, and thrawn. Thrawn and bastilla need to be very fast though. Fracture the brute, put fear on poggle. Then ability blocks with vader and TFP. Kill the brood alpha first to get rid of hive mind. If the bugs are really fast it may be hard.

That team is probably too good to waste countering Geos. However, use the counters you have.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I've been doing fairly well with zpalp, vader, bastilla fallen, the fighter pilot, and thrawn. Thrawn and bastilla need to be very fast though. Fracture the brute, put fear on poggle. Then ability blocks with vader and TFP. Kill the brood alpha first to get rid of hive mind. If the bugs are really fast it may be hard.

That team is probably too good to waste countering Geos. However, use the counters you have.

I'm a newer player. I don't have many squads.(just good ships). That's the only thing I have that will touch geos. Mainly see them in Arena
  • You can always farm your own geos. This doesn't fix the problem, but it gives you a reply in GAC.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    You can always farm your own geos. This doesn't fix the problem, but it gives you a reply in GAC.

I will say that as someone who runs bugs in arena (on my alt) that mirrors are annoying. Then again I don't have good mods or a lot of time to spend on my alt, so that might be the issue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH