Why go for Rey

Replies

• Options
    Who uses those Rey teams in that video? I just see JKR, Rey, JKL, GK, & GAS.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Yep that’s also what i see in arena.
    The rey team in the videos are the one we see in GAC but it’s hard to practice against those
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    pånøs wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Why would anyone sane go for Rey?

I understand the thread is long but this has been answered plenty.

And the answer is no reason. Piett, thrawn and 3 imp troopers are also beating a non ulti rey. Tweak here and there, one might find another team for an uRey

Is there a video of this?

https://youtu.be/FobjV27rD5A

Brand new. Why go for Rey again? Get countered by everything while the so called equivalent counterpart is by far superior

It's a variant of the same Vador counter we see since Star Wars: The Rework of the Sith arrived on the holo-tables. Calling this 'everything' is so much of a stretch a yoga instructor couldn't compete.

Sure. Try to put this "variant" in front of slkr.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Please put that team that destroy ALL your other teams in GAC. I would be more than happy to take 56 banners from with my easy to get Vador team while winning all the match because of it xD

Meanwhile just put slkr with fo and the game is done

Finally even in arena it is so easy to climb against those Rey teams, jkl or not ahaha Vador says thank you to be crap
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Why would anyone sane go for Rey?

I understand the thread is long but this has been answered plenty.

And the answer is no reason. Piett, thrawn and 3 imp troopers are also beating a non ulti rey. Tweak here and there, one might find another team for an uRey

Is there a video of this?

https://youtu.be/FobjV27rD5A

Brand new. Why go for Rey again? Get countered by everything while the so called equivalent counterpart is by far superior

It's a variant of the same Vador counter we see since Star Wars: The Rework of the Sith arrived on the holo-tables. Calling this 'everything' is so much of a stretch a yoga instructor couldn't compete.

Sure. Try to put this "variant" in front of slkr.

you're right, it probably wouldn't work. But it's not what I meant. I meant that it's not a new counter. It's the same Vader counter to Rey that existed since Vader rework.

The video you provide doesn't show a new counter, it's just some tweaking on an old one. It's interesting, but it doesn't show that Rey "get countered by everything" as you stated imo.

However, if you have a counter to Rey (with Ultimate) with Piett+Imp troopers (as you hinted in a previous post that it could happened as it worked against non-ulti Rey), that would be something new.

Edit : Vader indeed
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Vader
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Vader

Yes you are right sorry it is vador in french so i made a mistake. Vader it is
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    It's different in other languages? I didn't know that. I thought character names were the same.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    It is even more than that in french it is not Darth Vader but Dark Vador ^^ The two words has been changed. Thus, all the darth are named dark (Dark Maul etc...)

I dont know why, maybe they thought they need to insist for french people that these guys are the bad guys xD
  • Options
    SLKR +1 tank getting beaten by Traya+Vader (without Wat/Malak)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEGwfVjSRvI
    SLKR full FO (double tank) beaten by Traya+Vader (with Malak)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKgi55hFaA

#buffSLKR
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Please put that team that destroy ALL your other teams in GAC. I would be more than happy to take 56 banners from with my easy to get Vador team while winning all the match because of it xD

Finally even in arena it is so easy to climb against those Rey teams, jkl or not ahaha Vador says thank you to be crap

Or you can set a Rey with Malak and hand out tenacity sets.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

#buffSLKR

I dont understand why you bold my first sentence ?

For the second one, yep I think you are right Rey tenacity with malak might give trouble to vader I never saw one like that. Nobody is using that team, I think it will be destroyed by all the other Rey, meaning huge fall in arena, dont you think ?
  • Options
    It's different in other languages? I didn't know that. I thought character names were the same.
    @Mirkraag

The sound 'th' doesn't exist in french. It was probably easier to hear 'dark' for french ears. Darth being a variation of Dark anyway, it kept the subtext.
    As for vador, i have no idea. Probably sounds better this way in french, maybe a 'french language don't stress words so it sounded weird' kinda thing.

Is there other people out there who saw a translation of 'darth vader' in their own language ? It could be a refreshing break p22 of the 'why go for rey ?' marathon.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yeah as a french I can assure you that finishing a word by "or" instead of "er" made the word sounds more badass.

And you are probably correct on the "th", it is a very difficult pronunciation for a french so they probably decide to make a more easy one (that kept the idea anyway)
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

#buffSLKR

I dont understand why you bold my first sentence ?

For the second one, yep I think you are right Rey tenacity with malak might give trouble to vader I never saw one like that. Nobody is using that team, I think it will be destroyed by all the other Rey, meaning huge fall in arena, dont you think ?

I thought we were talking about GAC? Now switching back to arena...
    And just as a note: Swapping out mod set(s) is quite common, some people remod like crazy before each GAC lock.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Ah ok, I was just indicating that the so-called best pvp team for arena (Rey with JKL) is not suited for GAC as it needs too many characters from separate teams. And for a very weak defense because Vader destroys the team very easily. I was also adding the fact that even in arena the Rey+JKL team is very easily defeated as I am doing it everyday with my vader. So for me it is clearly NOT the best pvp team. SLKR still have the win for now.

But it is just my opinion ^^

I hate swapping mods, I prefer not doing it xD
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I won my first GAC group this time around because I beat their Kylo and they couldn't beat my Rey.

My Rey is way more valuable to my guild in TB than a Kylo.

I climb to 1 in arena every day and fall about the same as comparable Kylos.

My Rey doesn't get my good hSTR rewards so I make it up with mercing and smart resource managment.

Rey is still fine.
  • Options
    I won my first GAC group this time around because I beat their Kylo and they couldn't beat my Rey.

My Rey doesn't get my good hSTR rewards so I make it up with mercing and smart resource managment.

Rey is still fine.

I get your points. But you have JKL. So I will say Rey+JKL is still fine in arena. Without JKL you fall like crazy. And in GAC you beat Kylo using your JKL right ? Or the gas chewie team ?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

Rey is still fine.

I get your points. But you have JKL. So I will say Rey+JKL is still fine in arena. Without JKL you fall like crazy. And in GAC you beat Kylo using your JKL right ? Or the gas chewie team ?

Neither.

Battle 1 I messed up a DR counter, but it can work in one shot.
    I beat the sides in battle 2 with GAS 501st.
    I beat Kylo in battle 3 with CLS

Costly, but still a win.

I will grant JKL in arena however.
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

Neither.

Battle 1 I messed up a DR counter, but it can work in one shot.
    I beat the sides in battle 2 with GAS 501st.
    I beat Kylo in battle 3 with CLS

Costly, but still a win.

I will grant JKL in arena however.

Ok thanks for your responses. Interesting. Good that you won your GA with those 3 teams out. Well played
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

Sorry mate, this just isn’t true.

I don’t have JKL (will get him when event returns) and I’ve only had to refresh once in the last fortnight to reach 1.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Rey is still fine.

I don’t have JKL (will get him when event returns) and I’ve only had to refresh once in the last fortnight to reach 1.

Missread your comment while walking. It costs me also 1 refresh but I climb thx to vader and gas rey team
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

Missread your comment while walking. It costs me also 1 refresh but I climb thx to vader and gas rey team
    I just use Rey to climb.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    To be fair, any discussion of what holds and what doesn't is at least partially shard-dependent.

On my shard, I agree that I would fall farther without JKL.
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

I just use Rey to climb.

Rey lead without JKL. I am impressed. For me it is so rng dependant that I cant do it everyday it would be too painful
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

I just use Rey to climb.

Rey lead without JKL. I am impressed. For me it is so rng dependant that I cant do it everyday it would be too painful
    Rey, Wat, GK, GAS, JKR. Works virtually every time.
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

I just use Rey to climb.

But I use a different team for Rey. Which I’m keeping to myself!
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

I just use Rey to climb.

😫😂

Yeah i got 98/100 on wat, can't use him yet too weak in gear unfortunately
  • Options

Rey is still fine.

I just use Rey to climb.

😫😂

Yeah i got 98/100 on wat, can't use him yet too weak in gear unfortunately

I climb with Rey without JKL without issue neither. And I use a 5* g8 Wat when I feel like it and he gets the job done (as long as you have the zeta). Against which teams do you have issues ? What do you use ?

About GAC, you can beat Kylo reliably with a full Res team if you need to. I find Kylo better in 5v5 GAC because he's more efficient banner-wise in offense. But as Rey is better in 3v3, it's fine.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Don't go for Rey,

She is worse than Kylo in every aspect. Don't listen to Kylo user saying it is balanced while autoing every thing.

would you also not recommend going after JKR to those that do not have him?

Kyno, first of all, not going after JKR is probably still reasonable considering DR counters him, GAS flips the table on him, and both GL destroy the crap out of him. Shaakti and clones and counter JKR on defense, and so as well as a decently modded droid team. Sure, he is still definitely a solid GAC team, but he's only a nitch above Empire and Padme teams.

Second, JKR requires 5 characters to be geared and relatively strong, but not relic-strong. Rey, on the other hand, requires 12 relic characters and a 5* ship. If Kylo requires more cost, then Rey could be considered, but Kylo requires the similar things. Unfortunately, Rey is outmatched versus Kylo in Squad Arena, where she's holding on a thread for those who have GAS, outmatched in GAC on defense holds, outmatched in HSITH for sure, and outmatched in the recent galactic challenges. So, CG should, and I say "should", seriously look into ways to take back a part of the buffs Kylo has, or buff Rey a bit more. I expect, lore wise, for Rey to counter Kylo in PvP, not the other way around. She needs to be #1 character in PvP or not all Galactic Legends are equal. Owners of only SLKR are superior than owners of only Rey.
  • Options
    I think they are clearly better in certain areas but mutual in their raw power against each other.

Rey advantages:
    - GA 3 vs 3 (she is a wall, "you shall not pass", some teams can win but.. point is she's good)
    - her role in LSGTB is much more pivotal than that of SLKR in DSGTB
    - w/ SLKR you can almost always take him out in two attempts if you start by using a GAS team, you can get SLKR down enough to wipe him with just about any squad as a cleanup
    - adversely Rey is deadly on 2nd+ attempts

SLKR advantages:
    - solos all raids
    - farms better characters/ more viable teams (more first order also have an assault battle although I am not sure that SLKR is useful or not - only just unlocked my SLKR today please don't at me)
    - and from what I am reading less counters (I could have sworn Vader was a solid counter or did the SLKR touch up change that? And tbh I have cheezed a GAS win every so often, which is IMPOSSIBLE against Rey )

So personally I chose SLKR a few months ago because I thought the value from him was better.