Why go for Rey

Replies

• BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    prime311 wrote: »
    Put enough offense on slkr(4K+) and he will still kill fives In a padme lead team

Adding malak to slkr also screws up that counter

You can kill slkr with dr Han, depending on of foo removes tm from someone important at the start.

Honestly I’ve been getting timeouts when I try to run the Padme counter. Only 2 people in my shard even run red trooper and of those two I can’t mod for enough offense to be able to get through Kru in less than 2 minutes.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Why go for Rey?

1. Farming LS for Tickets is infinitely better than DS nodes. DS has only 1 G13 piece and the laptop side of the kyros imo seems to be used less than its LS partner. Y-wing, one of the remaining endgame farms, is also on the LS. I personally have run out of the first tier for Relic mats and require early LS nodes as well.

I’m sure there are more reasons besides “didn’t have to climb in arena because of my unbeatable team”. But originally I believe many went after Rey because this game has a history of favoring LS over dark.

That seems to be an extremely short-sighted reason to go for one over the other. Plus, I would not suggest farming a 20 energy node for tickets.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    There is literally no good reason to go for Rey over SLKR at this point.
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Why go for Rey?

1. Farming LS for Tickets is infinitely better than DS nodes. DS has only 1 G13 piece and the laptop side of the kyros imo seems to be used less than its LS partner. Y-wing, one of the remaining endgame farms, is also on the LS. I personally have run out of the first tier for Relic mats and require early LS nodes as well.

I’m sure there are more reasons besides “didn’t have to climb in arena because of my unbeatable team”. But originally I believe many went after Rey because this game has a history of favoring LS over dark.

That seems to be an extremely short-sighted reason to go for one over the other. Plus, I would not suggest farming a 20 energy node for tickets.

Short sided? You mean like all the complaints both old and new about one GL being better than the other? Plus... nobody farms Tickets from a 20 node. A 10 node might not be the best but that’s not the point. LS nodes are superior to DS in terms of value.

Yes, the reason you gave is short “sighted”. The complaints aren’t necessarily. Plus...you brought up Y-wing which is a 20 energy node.
  • Anyone know what the GA record is for Rey owners vs SLK owners? I have UltSLK and can usually beat Rey, but not for a good score in GA. The Vader counter may change that, but we'll see.
  • 0dysseusK wrote: »
    Anyone know what the GA record is for Rey owners vs SLK owners? I have UltSLK and can usually beat Rey, but not for a good score in GA. The Vader counter may change that, but we'll see.

I would think there are too many other factors involved with GA for that to be a meaningful metric.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    0dysseusK wrote: »
    Anyone know what the GA record is for Rey owners vs SLK owners? I have UltSLK and can usually beat Rey, but not for a good score in GA. The Vader counter may change that, but we'll see.

SLKR (HP modded) + Wat shuts down most Rey comps, it only really gets problematic when there's a GAS included who reduces Kylo's max HP and puts him into the 1-hit KO range for Rey's ultimate.
    So vs the more common Rey comps you can use that to get a solid 59 banner win while saving your KRU FO team either for defense or offense.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Short sided? You mean like all the complaints both old and new about one GL being better than the other? Plus... nobody farms Tickets from a 20 node. A 10 node might not be the best but that’s not the point. LS nodes are superior to DS in terms of value.

Stun Guns are in DS nodes only, that's always interesting. It's hard to state a definite value of LS/DS nodes considering the diversity of what people might need imo.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Especially if you're farming a 6 node.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Why go for Rey?

Yes, the reason you gave is short “sighted”. The complaints aren’t necessarily. Plus...you brought up Y-wing which is a 20 energy node.

The complaints are as well. First week Rey users were laughing at Kylos.. And oh how the turns have tabled.

Laughing at HSTR solo clears? Okay....
    Why go for Rey?

The complaints are as well. First week Rey users were laughing at Kylos.. And oh how the turns have tabled.

Y-Wing (+FinnPoe) is the only farm remaining for endgame players. (Till Mando stuff). I’m in no rush to get the Ultimate... so I’d rather finish that dumb ship for Platoons!! DS farming is just the worst.

Listen up Rey owners, you should be grateful you didn’t have to farm DS nodes for a few weeks. Bullet dodged.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    bearrock wrote: »
    Why go for Rey?

Laughing at HSTR solo clears? Okay....

It was before players realized he could solo it. One could say their laughter was “short sighted”.

Smart players could tell he was an offensive powerhouse that would easily do way better in the raid than Rey as soon as the kit was dropped.
    Why go for Rey?

Y-Wing (+FinnPoe) is the only farm remaining for endgame players. (Till Mando stuff). I’m in no rush to get the Ultimate... so I’d rather finish that dumb ship for Platoons!! DS farming is just the worst.

Listen up Rey owners, you should be grateful you didn’t have to farm DS nodes for a few weeks. Bullet dodged.

No, we had to farm Tico and gear her for weeks.
    Dodge whatever bullet we may.... We stepped on a claymore in the process 🤣😅
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Why is this even a topic? At absolute worst she is the 3rd best squad in the game.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Stonefist wrote: »
    Why go for Rey?

No, we had to farm Tico and gear her for weeks.
    Dodge whatever bullet we may.... We stepped on a claymore in the process 🤣😅

You missed a joke.
  • GL EP will likely require both Rey and Kylo.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    GL EP will likely require both Rey and Kylo.

Vader and JKR as well.
  • Monel wrote: »
    GL EP will likely require both Rey and Kylo.

Vader and JKR as well.

Didn't know JKR and Palp were alive at the same time...
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Don't go for Rey,

She is worse than Kylo in every aspect. Don't listen to Kylo user saying it is balanced while autoing every thing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Don't go for Rey,

She is worse than Kylo in every aspect. Don't listen to Kylo user saying it is balanced while autoing every thing.

would you also not recommend going after JKR to those that do not have him?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Don't go for Rey,

Of course not. It takes months and months to get these gl characters. JKR is no where near the ridiculous investment. For modes like tw, tb, and gac, you will need multiple teams and JKR is a part of that.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Don't go for Rey,

Non sense, I was talking about the choice between Kylo and Rey. So don't go for Rey mean actually go for Kylo. It is important to read between the lines sometimes even if I know some of the forum user excel in rhetoric manipulation.

Speaking of JKR, in the same way if you had to choose between Revan and Darth Revan, I would suggest to go for Darth Revan. Of course both are useful A-toons (Rey is S-toon and Kylo SSSSSS-toon)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Don't go for Rey,

Non sense, I was talking about the choice between Kylo and Rey. So don't go for Rey mean actually go for Kylo. It is important to read between the lines sometimes even if I know some of the forum user excel in rhetoric manipulation.

Speaking of JKR, in the same way if you had to choose between Revan and Darth Revan, I would suggest to go for Darth Revan. Of course both are useful A-toons (Rey is S-toon and Kylo SSSSSS-toon)

but there are several layers to that answer that are not even just between the lines or around the lines at all.

"Dont go for rey" is a blanket statement that doesnt encapsulate anything actually going on.

if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't would recommend going for her second

if you are already on the path to getting her, then you should still do so. she is a great toon only second to Kylo and despite what some will say, she can win on offence against any team and hold on defense very well. (counter teams are not always as easy as they seem in the videos)

if you have kylo, yes you should still go for her. again she is a top tier toon.

side note - you need at least 3 more S's in there.

Players can and will still go for Rey and be successful in the same situations they were before. I'm not saying they couldn't make changes or anything like that, just trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before.

EDIT: should have said would, i reworded that line and messed it up.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Don't go for Rey,

but there are several layers to that answer that are not even just between the lines or around the lines at all.

"Dont go for rey" is a blanket statement that doesnt encapsulate anything actually going on.

if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't recommend going for her second

if you are already on the path to getting her, then you should still do so. she is a great toon only second to Kylo and despite what some will say, she can win on offence against any team and hold on defense very well. (counter teams are not always as easy as they seem in the videos)

if you have kylo, yes you should still go for her. again she is a top tier toon.

side note - you need at least 3 more S's in there.

Players can and will still go for Rey and be successful in the same situations they were before. I'm not saying they couldn't make changes or anything like that, just trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before.

Coming from someone who has Rey I disagree.

"if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't recommend going for her second"

I amuse you meant most WOULD recommend going for her second. At this point there is zero reason to go for her first. Kylo is better in every aspect of the game: In raids, she is no help at all, he can solo all of them. In PVP he is much stronger on offense and defense. TB's don't count since they can't do the same one, yes she can 4/4 light side missions, but not always because Droidika can still one shot anyone and then you can go 0/4. Also of note, since she is not a Jedi she can't be used in the special Jedi areas, which is just dumb.

" she is a great toon only second to Kylo and despite what some will say, she can win on offence against any team and hold on defense very well."

I have a very difficult time beating Kylo teams with her, regardless of what lineup I try. I'd say my win rate is about 50%.

Also consider this - in GAC you can't really place her on Defense anymore because of the easy Vader counter. So you save her for offense, which sounds good in theory, but you are facing someone with Kylo here is the situation: They place him on defense with a full FO team and can walk away. In order to beat that team not only do you need Rey, but you have to break up you GAS, JKR, Padme and WAT teams. That is ridiculous.

"just trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before. "

Because of the amount of time and resources you need to put into the game to get her the cost vs. reward is just not there anymore. By getting her you create so much roster bloat and make your GAC match-up so much worse that does not seem worth the investment at all anymore.