32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Don't go for Rey,

She is worse than Kylo in every aspect. Don't listen to Kylo user saying it is balanced while autoing every thing.

would you also not recommend going after JKR to those that do not have him?

Non sense, I was talking about the choice between Kylo and Rey. So don't go for Rey mean actually go for Kylo. It is important to read between the lines sometimes even if I know some of the forum user excel in rhetoric manipulation.

Speaking of JKR, in the same way if you had to choose between Revan and Darth Revan, I would suggest to go for Darth Revan. Of course both are useful A-toons (Rey is S-toon and Kylo SSSSSS-toon)

but there are several layers to that answer that are not even just between the lines or around the lines at all.

"Dont go for rey" is a blanket statement that doesnt encapsulate anything actually going on.

if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't recommend going for her second

if you are already on the path to getting her, then you should still do so. she is a great toon only second to Kylo and despite what some will say, she can win on offence against any team and hold on defense very well. (counter teams are not always as easy as they seem in the videos)

if you have kylo, yes you should still go for her. again she is a top tier toon.

side note - you need at least 3 more S's in there.

Players can and will still go for Rey and be successful in the same situations they were before. I'm not saying they couldn't make changes or anything like that, just trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before.

Coming from someone who has Rey I disagree.

"if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't recommend going for her second"

I amuse you meant most WOULD recommend going for her second. At this point there is zero reason to go for her first. Kylo is better in every aspect of the game: In raids, she is no help at all, he can solo all of them. In PVP he is much stronger on offense and defense. TB's don't count since they can't do the same one, yes she can 4/4 light side missions, but not always because Droidika can still one shot anyone and then you can go 0/4. Also of note, since she is not a Jedi she can't be used in the special Jedi areas, which is just dumb.

" she is a great toon only second to Kylo and despite what some will say, she can win on offence against any team and hold on defense very well."

I have a very difficult time beating Kylo teams with her, regardless of what lineup I try. I'd say my win rate is about 50%.

Also consider this - in GAC you can't really place her on Defense anymore because of the easy Vader counter. So you save her for offense, which sounds good in theory, but you are facing someone with Kylo here is the situation: They place him on defense with a full FO team and can walk away. In order to beat that team not only do you need Rey, but you have to break up you GAS, JKR, Padme and WAT teams. That is ridiculous.

"just trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before. "

Because of the amount of time and resources you need to put into the game to get her the cost vs. reward is just not there anymore. By getting her you create so much roster bloat and make your GAC match-up so much worse that does not seem worth the investment at all anymore.

sorry i fixed that line.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody is saying Rey is a bad toon. We’re saying we were led to believe she was the better PvP toon so we invested in her despite knowing she wasn’t going to be all that ground-breaking in PvE modes.

Now, the PvP edge we invested in is gone. Completely. Like, no debate about it, she is clearly not as strong offensively or defensively as her Galactic Legend counterpart, who also still remains the best PvE toon in the game.

Therein lies the problem. It’s a matter of parity, not whether Rey is a “good toon” or a “good investment.”
  • Options
    Don't go for Rey,

She is worse than Kylo in every aspect. Don't listen to Kylo user saying it is balanced while autoing every thing.

Non sense, I was talking about the choice between Kylo and Rey. So don't go for Rey mean actually go for Kylo. It is important to read between the lines sometimes even if I know some of the forum user excel in rhetoric manipulation.

Speaking of JKR, in the same way if you had to choose between Revan and Darth Revan, I would suggest to go for Darth Revan. Of course both are useful A-toons (Rey is S-toon and Kylo SSSSSS-toon)

but there are several layers to that answer that are not even just between the lines or around the lines at all.

"Dont go for rey" is a blanket statement that doesnt encapsulate anything actually going on.

if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't recommend going for her second

if you are already on the path to getting her, then you should still do so. she is a great toon only second to Kylo and despite what some will say, she can win on offence against any team and hold on defense very well. (counter teams are not always as easy as they seem in the videos)

if you have kylo, yes you should still go for her. again she is a top tier toon.

Players can and will still go for Rey and be successful in the same situations they were before. I'm not saying they couldn't make changes or anything like that, just trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before.

I completely disagree with your statements.

Well it actually does, since she is clearly second to SLK in every apect (who actually is considered to be buffed again .. just to mention here).
    She can clearly now easily beaten by various teams including new Vader teams who can steamroll her (and yes it is that easy as the multiple videos show). So you put all that resources into her and you get beaten up by F2P teams .. lol

Go for SLK ... or dont go for them at all. Huge huge investment for the return you get, especially on Rey.
    I got her, put so much resources into her (and yes also money) .. and I regret going this route.
    If CG would offer a 99$ switch to SLK I would probably do it just out of frustration.

who get now easily beaten up on offence by f2p vader teams .. just to mention again.

ust trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before.
    In this state she is not worth the investment .. my 2 cents.

• Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Don't go for Rey,

I completely disagree with your statements.

Well it actually does, since she is clearly second to SLK in every apect (who actually is considered to be buffed again .. just to mention here).
    She can clearly now easily beaten by various teams including new Vader teams who can steamroll her (and yes it is that easy as the multiple videos show). So you put all that resources into her and you get beaten up by F2P teams .. lol

Go for SLK ... or dont go for them at all. Huge huge investment for the return you get, especially on Rey.
    I got her, put so much resources into her (and yes also money) .. and I regret going this route.
    If CG would offer a 99$ switch to SLK I would probably do it just out of frustration.

who get now easily beaten up on offence by f2p vader teams .. just to mention again.

ust trying to point out that she is not bad by any sense and just as worthy of the investment as she was before.
    In this state she is not worth the investment .. my 2 cents.

Well said, I totally agree (I would also do a $99 switch to SLK) Rey is basically the same as any other good offensive team (CLS, JKR, etc) who can't hold on Defense.

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Don't go for Rey,

if you are starting from scratch, you should still go for rey, but most wouldn't would recommend going for her second

EDIT: should have said would, i reworded that line and messed it up.

I see your point but I am sorry I must disagree.

CG make a loud speech and sold the GL as 2 faces of the same coin. We were told to choose 1 of the 2. They are not like the others toons. By selling the toons like that, it is obvious that both should be equal in a way. Like at the beginning : rey queen of pvp and kylo king of pve. I was agree with that statement and even found it interesting and quite bold.

But money spoke again and CG did what they do best, trick people for spending money. More people went for Rey because more people were more interested by the pvp part of the game showing that their pve part is no more interesting. They need to work on that but they dont care (Raid cancelled, absurd geo tb ...). Money money money, they buffed and will buff kylo to force people spending on him. Rey is out.
    It is a fact.

So I repeat

Don't go for Rey, she is not worth it anymore. The amount of ressource she needs is totally absurd for a second line toon. And CG doesnt care about her anymore she already gave them enough money.

Sorry, i would love speaking about the game, but there is no game anymore it is just money grab and tricks to spend more.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Couldn’t have said it better. It’s true. All of it.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone claiming Rey is on par with SLKR at this point sounds like a flat earther to me. Total denial of reality and allegiance to their position in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    -Rey can hardly mirror herself, frequent timeouts / SLKR easily mirrors himself
    -Rey relies on previous META toons to be competitive / SLKR can use full FO
    -Rey has about a 20-30% win rate against properly modded SLKR teams / SLKR has about a 95-99% win rate against properly modded Rey teams
    -SLKR solos HSTR: the easiest, surest, and quickest way to secure free end-game gear / Rey is outperformed by every META team since and including JKR in HSTR
    -Rey’s previous version, JTR, outperforms her in raids / SLKR is exponentially better in raids than his previous version, KRU
    -Rey can has about a 50% chance of going 4/4 in LSGTB, RNG dependent, LSGTB opponents can one shot her at full HP and prot / SLKR can always go 4/4 in DSGTB, can’t be one shot by opponents (while acknowledging LSGTB is exponentially more difficult and supposed to be that way)
    -The toons you level to get Rey are complete and utter trash generally speaking / SLKR toons at least give you a strong B-team for defense and an additional decent defensive B-team
    -Finalizer is arguably the best offensive fleet in the game / Raddus is generally worthless
    -Rey literally feeds SLKR an infinite loop of his ultimate which grows stronger and stronger / SLKR doesn’t help Rey’s ultimate at all and it’s damage is capped
    -Rey often gets stuck in her ultimate, causing you to lose the match / SLKR doesn’t
    -Rey can be countered by at least two F2P teams, including a 60-banner counter, and at least one additional non-GL team / SLKR can be countered by one non-GL team due to broken AI that is going to get changed soon
    -Rey can be marked, SLKR can’t be

I could go on and on. Literally pathetic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    -Rey has about a 20-30% win rate against properly modded SLKR teams / SLKR has about a 95-99% win rate against properly modded Rey teams
    -SLKR solos HSTR: the easiest, surest, and quickest way to secure free end-game gear / Rey is outperformed by every META team since and including JKR in HSTR
    -Rey’s previous version, JTR, outperforms her in raids / SLKR is exponentially better in raids than his previous version, KRU
    -Rey can has about a 50% chance of going 4/4 in LSGTB, RNG dependent, LSGTB opponents can one shot her at full HP and prot / SLKR can always go 4/4 in DSGTB, can’t be one shot by opponents (while acknowledging LSGTB is exponentially more difficult and supposed to be that way)
    -The toons you level to get Rey are complete and utter trash generally speaking / SLKR toons at least give you a strong B-team for defense and an additional decent defensive B-team
    -Finalizer is arguably the best offensive fleet in the game / Raddus is generally worthless
    -Rey literally feeds SLKR an infinite loop of his ultimate which grows stronger and stronger / SLKR doesn’t help Rey’s ultimate at all and it’s damage is capped
    -Rey often gets stuck in her ultimate, causing you to lose the match / SLKR doesn’t
    -Rey can be countered by at least two F2P teams, including a 60-banner counter, and at least one additional non-GL team / SLKR can be countered by one non-GL team due to broken AI that is going to get changed soon

but how much of that list is things that were already known and factors that someone would have had to consider before making the choice. most than half of your list has nothing to do with changes to or a factor based on a comparison to SLK.

I can't speak to your win rate, but I imagine others can and would have different numbers.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options

but how much of that list is things that were already known and factors that someone would have had to consider before making the choice. most than half of your list has nothing to do with changes to or a factor based on a comparison to SLK.

I can't speak to your win rate, but I imagine others can and would have different numbers.

None of that was known when I went for Rey. We were told: They are two sides of the same coin, basically the same power level. As Slaveen's post points out, very well I might add, they are not anywhere close to each other in power level.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Honestly I guess it depends what level of spend you plan to do on this game (though why anyone still spends at this point kind of amazes me).

GL are currently so resource intensive that unless you are a Kraken, I would only plan on doing one out of this set and then hoarding resources. Modest spenders (a few hundred a month or less, which really isn't modest outside of the context of this dumb game) and FTP who have not started gearing their FO or Resistance at this point would be better served by grabbing Kylo and then waiting for the next pair. The entry cost is too high to get both considering there may be future GLs that you may find more appealing than ones coming from the worst trilogy of movies.

I have Rey, and I find it likely that unless gear costs decrease dramatically, I will never get Kylo.

• Options
    Who cares if it was known? I'm seeing the official game forum moderator tacitly acknowledge that SLK is all-around better than GLR. Meanwhile, devs say they're looking into an AI "fix" that will widen the gap. When the disparity became evident is not the source of the criticism.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Who cares if it was known? I'm seeing the official game forum moderator tacitly acknowledge that SLK is all-around better than GLR. Meanwhile, devs say they're looking into an AI "fix" that will widen the gap. When the disparity became evident is not the source of the criticism.

There are players out there who are doing great with Rey, and yet some want to say " dont go for her" because some are having trouble winning in PvP. then listing out some mostly off the mark or known limitations as the reasoning.

criticism is great, and always helpful, but some of this just seems to be going off on a tangent of buyers remorse when it strays away from things that were known or are not really failings of the toon.

again, not saying they couldn't make changes to improve her. I'm not saying anything about that, just that it seems like many of the complaints about her are straying away from the point.

She is still a great toon, and worth the resources from many respects.
  • Options
    @Kyno Unless my memory deceives me, CG did say they intended the GLs to be of roughly equivalent value right? Setting aside whether Rey is great or not, do you perceive the GLs to be of equivalent value right now?
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    Options
    again, not saying they couldn't make changes to improve her. I'm not saying anything about that, just that it seems like many of the complaints about her are straying away from the point.

Are you able to respond for CG that if they see Rey's offensive win rate settle below 50% vs. Kylo while Kylo's win rate vs. Rey above 90% that there will be a corrective action taken?

Right now everyone going for Rey is taking that risk that there may never be a corrective action. The actual win rate for Rey may be below 50% (wr settling point with ultimate Kylo, likely with this new Vader, after all optimizations).

A couple other points:
    - Kylo was marketed as a character that has to risk it to get full charge of ultimate. Not true.
    - Hero Finn (and possibly Poe too) were marketed to have a place in Rey's team. Not true.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Didn’t read through this thread, but for the record I have GL Rey with Ultimate. I time out half of my mirror matches. I lose half of my battles vs SLKR. She is useless in raids. She’s good in LSGTB, but I still have characters get insta-killed in round one. It’s not an easy 4/4. The characters I had to relic to get her are trash. If I had the choice all over again I would pick SLKR without hesitation.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Didn’t read through this thread, but for the record I have GL Rey with Ultimate. I time out half of my mirror matches. I lose half of my battles vs SLKR. She is useless in raids. She’s good in LSGTB, but I still have characters get insta-killed in round one. It’s not an easy 4/4. The characters I had to relic to get her are trash. If I had the choice all over again I would pick SLKR without hesitation.

You pretty much summed up the thread nicely. lol

• Options

Your whining is hilarious please continue or **** and open your wallet
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I really like Rey. She can mix and match with so many more teams... SLKR has a TM penalty. That gets rid of a lot of good characters. Luke has made her better also. Whose to say new characters or modes wont benefit Rey users. I’d like them both please. :)
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options

Slkr with full fo can be counted pretty easily with dr, bsf, thrawn, malak and gba. So there is a ftp counter that doesn't need a GL. Just putting that out there
  • Basti4SWGOH
    135 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

There are players out there who are doing great with Rey, and yet some want to say " dont go for her" because some are having trouble winning in PvP. then listing out some mostly off the mark or known limitations as the reasoning.

criticism is great, and always helpful, but some of this just seems to be going off on a tangent of buyers remorse when it strays away from things that were known or are not really failings of the toon.

"She is still a great toon" you say, from what perspective? Compared to others, yes sure, but that is absolutely not the point, because you do not set it into the right context.

She is the HARDEST toon to get in this game (and definitely harder then SLK, especially considering the useless toons you are required to relict up).
    And still she
    - definitely is behind SLK in every aspect (which is a proven fact)
    - she can easily be outbeaten by much much cheaper teams and that Vader (who everyone has in his pockets since years) can now one-shote her is just hilarious.
    So yeah she might be a "great toon", but she is NOT compared to the incredible high effort you need to invest to get her. The ratio of what you need to invest and what you get back does not work anymore for her.
    So, even if you desperately try to defend her "greatness" .. its not the reality.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »

Slkr with full fo can be counted pretty easily with dr, bsf, thrawn, malak and gba. So there is a ftp counter that doesn't need a GL. Just putting that out there

Yeah there's always a qualifier for SLKR counters:

DR/BSF/DM/Thrawn/GBA can counter SLKR... if it's a full FO squad...

Fives cheese counters SLKR... if Sith Trooper is in the lineup...

There are no qualifiers for the Rey counters. Any SLKR composition can counter any Rey composition. Even SLKR with Wat, a 2 man team, can counter any Rey composition although not as reliable for obvious reasons. JKR/Thrawn/GAS/GBA/(insert many toons for 5th slot) counters any Rey composition. zzVader/Thrawn/Wat + 2 other Empire/Sith counters any Rey composition.

So if you're a SLKR owner, to be able to reliably counter any Rey team, you just need an R7 SLKR plus four other toons and you can even fill those slots with the toons you had to level up in order to get him. No cannibalizing other squads required.

If you're a Rey owner, to be able to reliably counter any SLKR team, you need the following:
    R7 Rey
    R5 RH Finn
    R5 RH Poe
    Relic'ed GK
    Relic'ed DR
    Relic'ed BSF
    Relic'ed Malak
    Relic'ed Thrawn
    Relic'ed GBA
    Relic'ed Padme
    Relic'ed GAS
    Relic'ed Fives
    Relic'ed Rex or Echo

5 toons vs 13 toons.

"Two sides of the same coin."
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Your usually pretty level headed - but I think you're missing the point on this one. Of course she is a good toon - no one is or has argued that. The problem is she is no longer quite on the same level as SLKR - in large part because CG has gone out of their way to make him stronger in the one area that Rey had an edge....twice already and contemplating a third AI "buff". At the same time, they rework Vader in a way that seems specifically designed to take down Rey teams, as he is already excellent against Jedi (Rey's usual running mates) - which also increases his speed. SLKR is not nearly as vulnerable to Vader's kit - and I'm sure they play tested Vader against both.

So CG continues to weaken Rey by introducing more counters, all while buffing SLKR. Many people would have chosen a different GL if CG had made it clear at the start that their intention was to make one superior to the other in virtually every aspect of the game. But instead, as is their usual methodology, they communicated nothing, buffed Kylo...twice going on 3 times, released Vader to counter Rey and acted like everything was fine....again.

THAT is why people are frustrated. And, as usual CG's only response to this point is "We're looking into working on SLKR some more."

Pass on two words to Mark for me: Tone deaf.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Your usually pretty level headed - but I think you're missing the point on this one. Of course she is a good toon - no one is or has argued that. The problem is she is no longer quite on the same level as SLKR - in large part because CG has gone out of their way to make him stronger in the one area that Rey had an edge....twice already and contemplating a third AI "buff". At the same time, they rework Vader in a way that seems specifically designed to take down Rey teams, as he is already excellent against Jedi (Rey's usual running mates) - which also increases his speed. SLKR is not nearly as vulnerable to Vader's kit - and I'm sure they play tested Vader against both.

So CG continues to weaken Rey by introducing more counters, all while buffing SLKR. Many people would have chosen a different GL if CG had made it clear at the start that their intention was to make one superior to the other in virtually every aspect of the game. But instead, as is their usual methodology, they communicated nothing, buffed Kylo...twice going on 3 times, released Vader to counter Rey and acted like everything was fine....again.

THAT is why people are frustrated. And, as usual CG's only response to this point is "We're looking into working on SLKR some more."

8o3s848mol99.png

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This guy gets it.

Obviously, Rey is a good toon - nobody disputes that.

But she is no longer one of sides of the same coin as SLKR which is the issue.

If we had known 3 months ago that CG was going to buff SLKR to the point where he is indisputably the better offensive PvP Galactic Legend and arguably the better defensive PvP Galactic Legend while maintaining his supremacy in PvE modes, rework a F2P toon that can 60-banner crush Rey teams with other F2P toons and can't do the same to SLKR, all while continuing to buff SLKR and ignore Rey, we wouldn't have invested the in-game and monetary resources in Rey - we would have gone for SLKR.

But that was never the point - at least, not for CG. This was their scheme all along. Make one Galactic Legend appear superior in PvP since most people care more about PvP superiority, that way people will spend a lot of money to get her.... then several months later once they've already committed to the superior PvP GL, buff the other Galactic Legend's PvP capacity over and over and release F2P counters to the GL everyone went for so that everyone will spend money getting the second Galactic Legend that was just made superior... then, I speculate that once a bunch of people have spent enough money on getting SLKR, CG will release a new META.

I actually do love this game, but like anything, greed destroys the things you enjoy.
  • Options

Well this is a major exaggeration. Rey owner here, who uses resistance heros + GK/L3/zBariss to fill my team. Beat kylo majority of the time during my climb. Beating LS Geo waves is not hard...and guess what? We all just had TW and GAC, no? Did Vader steam roll my ult rey? Or did she hold off almost 20 battles once again (compared to my very strong ally’s Kylo team who held 10).

And if she’s so easy to beat, why does she still own my arena shard? You don’t think anyone with a Vader is taking the opportunity to earn 1st place payouts?
  • Options
    Cuz Rey is still a top 3 character in the game...
  • Options
    Cuz Rey is still a top 3 character in the game...

Not top 2?
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    The main issue is they put +30 speed on kylo's lead. That part was unnecessary.

Still buffing rey will break the game, so that's definitely not the solution.

... cg's solution is obviously "get both".