Merciless first Turn

I have noticed when watching Vader on auto he is not using Merciless first turn. Instead he is using Force Crush and not using Merciless until turn two. Is this WAI?

If it is it may be better to use him under a Palp lead.

Replies

• Actually that would be the optimal turn order. Under palp, he'll apply mass debuffs, then his merciless unique, and a super charged saber throw right after.
  • Actually that would be the optimal turn order. Under palp, he'll apply mass debuffs, then his merciless unique, and a super charged saber throw right after.

I do this when he’s under a Palp lead. I don’t saber toss until the last turn though, if you drop a toon with it you can squeak out yet another. My Vader took 8 in a row on Tier 2 of the Jedi Assault battles last time. Super fun.

I do this when he’s under a Palp lead. I don’t saber toss until the last turn though, if you drop a toon with it you can squeak out yet another. My Vader took 8 in a row on Tier 2 of the Jedi Assault battles last time. Super fun.

I should clarify it was against 5 toons. Force crush, Merciless, basic, basic, basic, basic, Culling Blade. Then you can force crush again for potentially another one. It’s not enough to get Merciless off cooldown to cause a potential loop but it’s still pretty ridiculous.