How would you fix GL imbalance?

Replies

  • Slaveen
    462 posts Member
    Vuko wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

    Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

    Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.

    U must be in a very bad shard

    Exactly.
  • Daishi
    699 posts Member
    They need to change inspired I think. Instead of inspired going away after 3 critical hits, have it go away after any 3 hits, and make inspired allies immune to critical hits.
  • TVF
    24403 posts Member
    Hun9So1o wrote: »
    Rey is far from a 4/4 guarantee. One day she’s 4/4 and the next she’s 1/4. Learn your facts before opening your mouth

    1/4?

    You're doing something very wrong.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Daishi
    699 posts Member
    I did one 1/4 when I tried to use her with the lesser resistance so I could save res hero with JTR and bb8 for another node. Only to then realize I had GS for the other node. But Rey cannot carry on her own, she needs the best resistance with her to 4/4, and sometimes rarely only 3/4
  • MooPoo wrote: »
    Vuko wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

    Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

    Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.

    You must be in a crappy shard if you don’t have mostly slkr in top 25. The majority in top 25 of mine are slkr with about three that are not. Most the GL Rey are 15 20ish 30s. We have one person in top 10 with GL Rey.

    DR can take out Rey sometimes too so can JKR. It is rare but it can happen. I’ve seen GAS take out Rey teams too it’s not 100% but it happens. SLKR walk all over Rey. Oh and she is not even that good in raids comparatively to SLKR.


    OP ideas are good it was what I was thinking. I’m thinking though maybe instead of light side allies make it resistance allies critical immune. Also, some other buff to resistance allies in the leadership. This will be more in par with SLKR who doesn’t need to break any metas to be powerful.

    According to the meta report on swgoh.gg GL Rey still outnumbers GL Kylo in the top 10 arena ranks. And I don’t think it’s appropriate to say someone is in a „crappy shard“.
  • Vuko
    12 posts Member
    edited June 24
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Vuko wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

    Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

    Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.

    You must be in a crappy shard if you don’t have mostly slkr in top 25. The majority in top 25 of mine are slkr with about three that are not. Most the GL Rey are 15 20ish 30s. We have one person in top 10 with GL Rey.

    DR can take out Rey sometimes too so can JKR. It is rare but it can happen. I’ve seen GAS take out Rey teams too it’s not 100% but it happens. SLKR walk all over Rey. Oh and she is not even that good in raids comparatively to SLKR.


    OP ideas are good it was what I was thinking. I’m thinking though maybe instead of light side allies make it resistance allies critical immune. Also, some other buff to resistance allies in the leadership. This will be more in par with SLKR who doesn’t need to break any metas to be powerful.

    According to the meta report on swgoh.gg GL Rey still outnumbers GL Kylo in the top 10 arena ranks. And I don’t think it’s appropriate to say someone is in a „crappy shard“.
    That’s because a lot of people here are crybabies and love to insult people. Where were they when Kylo was utter trash? Silent as a lamb.
    Rey outnumbered kylo at the beginning by 2:1 and that’s the sole reason why my (or multiple other) shards are full with Reys. She was a god and could destroy any team with cup alone.
    She was since the initial release almost unbeatable on GAC, especially on the 3vs3 and easily top 3 with all the crystals as a bonus but now she sucks because cg took their shiny god status away. Answers like “I only get 1/4 on LSGeo” are pathetic because it’s not true unless the person really sucks at the game or uses trash toons in the hardest Raid in this game.
    The same goes for Vader thing. YouTube is already full with videos where the new Vader destroys kylos but na, “bad CG, you suck“; “it’s unfair” and so on.
  • Nikoms565
    12557 posts Member
    My suggestion is 2 small kit changes to rey.
    1: Add to leadership "Light side allies are immune to fear and damage over time effects".

    That may be the worst idea I have heard in a long time. That is proper game breaking and completely reverses what the Vader rework has done.

    The implication is that the Vader kit was redesigned to simply take out GL Rey. His functionality would still be great everywhere else in the game - except against Rey, which, since she is a GL and he is an launch toon, makes sense.

    And it's hardly game breaking. It simply makes GL Rey teams immune to a handful of very specific counter teams....kinda like the way SKL has been buffed to do already twice - and going on a third.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vuko wrote: »
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Vuko wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

    Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

    Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.

    You must be in a crappy shard if you don’t have mostly slkr in top 25. The majority in top 25 of mine are slkr with about three that are not. Most the GL Rey are 15 20ish 30s. We have one person in top 10 with GL Rey.

    DR can take out Rey sometimes too so can JKR. It is rare but it can happen. I’ve seen GAS take out Rey teams too it’s not 100% but it happens. SLKR walk all over Rey. Oh and she is not even that good in raids comparatively to SLKR.


    OP ideas are good it was what I was thinking. I’m thinking though maybe instead of light side allies make it resistance allies critical immune. Also, some other buff to resistance allies in the leadership. This will be more in par with SLKR who doesn’t need to break any metas to be powerful.

    According to the meta report on swgoh.gg GL Rey still outnumbers GL Kylo in the top 10 arena ranks. And I don’t think it’s appropriate to say someone is in a „crappy shard“.
    That’s because a lot of people here are crybabies and love to insult people. Where were they when Kylo was utter trash? Silent as a lamb.
    Rey outnumbered kylo at the beginning by 2:1 and that’s the sole reason why my (or multiple other) shards are full with Reys. She was a god and could destroy any team with cup alone.
    She was since the initial release almost unbeatable on GAC, especially on the 3vs3 and easily top 3 with all the crystals as a bonus but now she sucks because cg took their shiny toy away. Answers like “I only get 1/4 on LSGeo” are pathetic because it’s not true unless the person really sucks at the game or uses trash toons in the hardest Raid in this game.

    Interesting choice of words in that first statement 😅 Thanks for the chuckle 😁
  • Vuko
    12 posts Member
    Stonefist wrote: »
    Vuko wrote: »
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Vuko wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

    Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

    Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.

    You must be in a crappy shard if you don’t have mostly slkr in top 25. The majority in top 25 of mine are slkr with about three that are not. Most the GL Rey are 15 20ish 30s. We have one person in top 10 with GL Rey.

    DR can take out Rey sometimes too so can JKR. It is rare but it can happen. I’ve seen GAS take out Rey teams too it’s not 100% but it happens. SLKR walk all over Rey. Oh and she is not even that good in raids comparatively to SLKR.


    OP ideas are good it was what I was thinking. I’m thinking though maybe instead of light side allies make it resistance allies critical immune. Also, some other buff to resistance allies in the leadership. This will be more in par with SLKR who doesn’t need to break any metas to be powerful.

    According to the meta report on swgoh.gg GL Rey still outnumbers GL Kylo in the top 10 arena ranks. And I don’t think it’s appropriate to say someone is in a „crappy shard“.
    That’s because a lot of people here are crybabies and love to insult people. Where were they when Kylo was utter trash? Silent as a lamb.
    Rey outnumbered kylo at the beginning by 2:1 and that’s the sole reason why my (or multiple other) shards are full with Reys. She was a god and could destroy any team with cup alone.
    She was since the initial release almost unbeatable on GAC, especially on the 3vs3 and easily top 3 with all the crystals as a bonus but now she sucks because cg took their shiny toy away. Answers like “I only get 1/4 on LSGeo” are pathetic because it’s not true unless the person really sucks at the game or uses trash toons in the hardest Raid in this game.

    Interesting choice of words in that first statement 😅 Thanks for the chuckle 😁

    You’re welcome 😜😬
  • Daishi
    699 posts Member
    Vuko wrote: »
    MooPoo wrote: »
    [quote="Vuko;c-2133615".

    According to the meta report on swgoh.gg GL Rey still outnumbers GL Kylo in the top 10 arena ranks. And I don’t think it’s appropriate to say someone is in a „crappy shard“.

    That’s because a lot of people here are crybabies and love to insult people. Where were they when Kylo was utter trash? Silent as a lamb.
    Rey outnumbered kylo at the beginning by 2:1 and that’s the sole reason why my (or multiple other) shards are full with Reys. She was a god and could destroy any team with cup alone.
    She was since the initial release almost unbeatable on GAC, especially on the 3vs3 and easily top 3 with all the crystals as a bonus but now she sucks because cg took their shiny god status away. Answers like “I only get 1/4 on LSGeo” are pathetic because it’s not true unless the person really sucks at the game or uses trash toons in the hardest Raid in this game.
    The same goes for Vader thing. YouTube is already full with videos where the new Vader destroys kylos but na, “bad CG, you suck“; “it’s unfair” and so on.

    Yes, Rey still outnumbers kylo in total numer unlocked. Roughly 9200 Rey vs 7200 SLKR. Now meta report shows 3000 Rey and 2300 SLKR at #1 spot. So that's about right with the number of unlocks. However Kylo is about to be buffed AGAIN to block the only reliable counter, while Rey was just given a new reliable counter. I expect once the SLKR AI is "fixed" that the number of Rey in #1 spot will fall hard and fast. If you look at the SQUADS in the meta report, the SLKR team with full FO is top, making up 11% of the 31% that SLKR holds. Meanwhile look at the Rey squads. Requiring GS, JKR, GK, Wat/HODA to make up 16% of the 41% that Rey holds. So if you want an arena dominant team, just going for SLKR gives you the team he uses. There isn't a full resistance Rey team in the entire meta report, not even a Rey team that doesn't use at least one other major Legendary/journey/epic character.
  • Mirkraag
    358 posts Member
    It will be balanced when enough people will whale on Kylo. Then they will release a new toon that will auto both GL.

    Balance restored, CG style
  • Daishi
    699 posts Member
    So to recap.. the only ideas for balance I've seen have been my own. We all can see the imbalance, so we don't need to keep discussing that. The question was HOW would YOU balance them?

    My suggestions were
    1: Leadership gives LS allies immunity to fear and DOT
    2: Rey ultimate gives crit immunity, OR
    3: Inspired changes to require 3 hits, instead of 3 critical hits, and gives immunity to criticals while inspired, similar to how SLKR gives crit immunity while his team has advantage.

    Were there other suggestions I missed?
  • Never make them in the first place? Jedi Rey should have been a continuation of her journey (so a heroes journey) and SLKR could have been a new legendary. But nothing CG does really makes much sense unless it makes them a ton of money. Which of course GLs did so don’t ever expect changes.
  • Bottom line: I spent on Rey, and have received very little ROI. Not that my dolphin cash means much in the grand scheme of things, but this has caused me to reevaluate my spending. Down to zero. And the worst part is now the joy is gone.
  • Si0n
    112 posts Member
    I got a good one for you. DELETE Rey from the game. Fun fact: if for the sequel trilogy content we would have had a lightsaber wielding Leia alongside both Rey and SLKR, nobody would have went for rey
  • Easy fix. Just add to their kit: Rey can only be beaten on Tuesdays and Thursdays. SLKR can only be beaten on Mondays and Wednesdays. Now you have bought 5 days of invincibility and you only have to actually play 2 days a week.
  • Devian
    238 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Vuko wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.
    I think it's because you can't unlock gl fast and if you are already gearing characters for rey - it's pretty expensive to do 180° change.
    Those who started farming for rey will unlock rey if they want it or not and that has little to do with the fact if she is better or worse character
  • Devian
    238 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Daishi wrote: »
    My suggestion is 2 small kit changes to rey.
    1: Add to leadership "Light side allies are immune to fear and damage over time effects".

    Kylo is immune to taunt effects to make him hard to counter. This would give Rey parity in PvP and fit her defensive build.

    2: Add to her ultimate, "When in ultimate stance, light side allies are immune to critical hits"

    Again this fits her defensive build and makes her ultimate meaningful.

    Plus all of her allies were insanely effective. So some sort of %offense to allies would be nice, mb stacking bonuses against other gl and raid bosses this would help in mirror matches
  • I have a simple solution to solve all problems between rey and slkr.

    Allow us to switchs all res or fo characters to the other side and the gl, if we want. And thereafter, show us the statistics.
    We all know the only rey there will be will be the fans of rey or collectors.
    As resistance and rey wouldn’t be present anymore, no need to change anything, delete her and everybody will be pleased.

    There are many topics talking about’the same problem.
    But all are useless, we all know cg buffed kylo to force people who got rey to go and farm kylo.
    They only though money and nothing else.
    The gas counter was the false reason, it is supposed no team could outnumber a gl....
    Did they do anything against slkr/wat beating rey ?

    Just have to notice, all is done for dark side.
    Thrawn old character always better counters, wat.....now vador.
    What about jkl ? The event isn’t uet’finished and we know he has no teams and even in rey teams, he is useless. 9 characters r3 needed for that versus 0 for dark vador Ho easily beats all.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    So to recap.. the only ideas for balance I've seen have been my own. We all can see the imbalance, so we don't need to keep discussing that. The question was HOW would YOU balance them?

    My suggestions were
    1: Leadership gives LS allies immunity to fear and DOT
    2: Rey ultimate gives crit immunity, OR
    3: Inspired changes to require 3 hits, instead of 3 critical hits, and gives immunity to criticals while inspired, similar to how SLKR gives crit immunity while his team has advantage.

    Were there other suggestions I missed?

    Akinni suggested Tenacity up for 1 Turn at the start of the fight. If a buff is needed, it's actually simple and on par with her style.

    In the "looking for a buff" game, I thought about a Millenium Falcon-like ability, auto-cleansing debuffs once a certain number of them were applied (let's say 5, because why not). But this Tenacity Up idea is much more elegant. If a buff is needed.
  • Chakyth
    26 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb
    I am very happy about the recent happenings in the game (Jedi Luke which I won't unlock and the nice touch-up of Vader, which makes him the Powerhorse he deserves to be).

    But When do the SLKR buffs stop and when are you coming back to balance the GLs. In the beginning Rey was the better pick for PvP, Kylo was the master of HSR. Now Kylo is taking over both. The investments I did have been trash, because I wen for Rey and unlocked her pretty fast (which was not possible only with ingame ressources).
    Now I am f**ed up, because I cannot even beat a Kylo Squad in GA with my Rey without using sth like a glitch (using Fives/Rex) which you already took under investigation to buff Kylo once more.

    There are good Ideas around in this conversation you should take into consideration........ and you could make Rey able to solo this old-fasioned HSR .... ;-)

    ===============================================================================

    https://swgoh.gg/g/757/weltraum-piraten/

    https://swgoh.gg/u/chakyth/

    May the force be with you ..... und der Klabautermann!
  • As SLKR's AI is going to be fixed, I started using GK instead of 5s. Only 50% win rate. I am f2p player and I had to counter GLs for couple months since they were released. So CG wants us to struggle again. What for we were working on Rey? What squad should we use for consistent winning? Why resistance does not help Rey at all?
  • The tears from Rey owners taste so sweet. For weeks she was just placed on front row of GAC defense a completely untouchable. Hard to even kill one in the squad.
    Kylo can be beaten easily in GAC as you can wipe his whole team, leave just him then use a cls cleanup.
    Matches against Rey can go south quickly without even leaving a dent.
    They’re balanced, stop crying and get over it.
  • The only thing they need to do is allow a sim of the hstr. A solo can hardly gets you top 20 these days
  • Starslayer
    122 posts Member
    edited June 25
    The tears from Rey owners taste so sweet. For weeks she was just placed on front row of GAC defense a completely untouchable. Hard to even kill one in the squad.
    Kylo can be beaten easily in GAC as you can wipe his whole team, leave just him then use a cls cleanup.
    Matches against Rey can go south quickly without even leaving a dent.
    They’re balanced, stop crying and get over it.

    So now that you can beat Kylo with 2 strokes and Rey with 1 strike they're balanced ? I don't have the same conclusion reading your argument.

  • Basti4SWGOH
    135 posts Member
    edited June 25
    The tears from Rey owners taste so sweet. For weeks she was just placed on front row of GAC defense a completely untouchable. Hard to even kill one in the squad.
    Kylo can be beaten easily in GAC as you can wipe his whole team, leave just him then use a cls cleanup.
    Matches against Rey can go south quickly without even leaving a dent.
    They’re balanced, stop crying and get over it.

    This comment is the perfect example of ignorance.
    Yes GL Rey and SLK where super hard to beat - because they are by far the HARDEST TO GET toons in this game and need incredible amount of resources to get. And thats why they are flagged as Galatic Legends.
    So getting them should be ultra rewarding.
    Maybe you should consider this... just maybe .. nah you wont aren't you.
    But now since you can basically one-shote Rey with Vader, they are "balanced" .. lol .. for me this is just bulls**** with absolutely no sense in it.


  • Devian
    238 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Vuko wrote: »
    That’s because a lot of people here are crybabies and love to insult people. Where were they when Kylo was utter trash? Silent as a lamb.
    Answering your words with your style. They were arguing with kylo owners. Kylo owners refused using phasma lead or malak and only wanted FO under Kylo, because roses are red.
    So I think Rey needs a strong buff that would help Rose Tico to smash Kylo
  • Nitrogen
    111 posts Member
    The tears from Rey owners taste so sweet. For weeks she was just placed on front row of GAC defense a completely untouchable. Hard to even kill one in the squad.
    Kylo can be beaten easily in GAC as you can wipe his whole team, leave just him then use a cls cleanup.
    Matches against Rey can go south quickly without even leaving a dent.
    They’re balanced, stop crying and get over it.

    This comment is the perfect example of ignorance.
    Yes GL Rey and SLK where super hard to beat - because they are by far the HARDEST TO GET toons in this game and need incredible amount of resources to get. And thats why they are flagged as Galatic Legends.
    So getting them should be ultra rewarding.
    Maybe you should consider this... just maybe .. nah you wont aren't you.
    But now since you can basically one-shote Rey with Vader, they are "balanced" .. lol .. for me this is just bulls**** with absolutely no sense in it.

    Not to mention the fact that SLK has always been far better in PVE environments.

  • Nitrogen
    111 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Daishi wrote: »
    So to recap.. the only ideas for balance I've seen have been my own. We all can see the imbalance, so we don't need to keep discussing that. The question was HOW would YOU balance them?

    My suggestions were
    1: Leadership gives LS allies immunity to fear and DOT
    2: Rey ultimate gives crit immunity, OR
    3: Inspired changes to require 3 hits, instead of 3 critical hits, and gives immunity to criticals while inspired, similar to how SLKR gives crit immunity while his team has advantage.

    Were there other suggestions I missed?

    Akinni suggested Tenacity up for 1 Turn at the start of the fight. If a buff is needed, it's actually simple and on par with her style.

    In the "looking for a buff" game, I thought about a Millenium Falcon-like ability, auto-cleansing debuffs once a certain number of them were applied (let's say 5, because why not). But this Tenacity Up idea is much more elegant. If a buff is needed.

    Tenacity up at the start is an interesting idea. I would really like it if she could be effective with a full Resistance team like SLK can with the FO.

    It's fricking stupid that he is great with an all FO team and she needs basically the best character from every top light side team to be worth anything.
Sign In or Register to comment.