More Matchmaking nonsense

I was going to post a breakdown of the latest matchmaking garbage my guild has just been put up against, but before I bother, can anyone tell me if posting anything on this forum actually resolves anything? We’ve felt it necessary to report the matchmaking using the in-game button a couple of times before, but that doesn’t seem to trigger any sort of response whatsoever, not even a ‘sorry, we considered your report but found no issue this time,’ or something. So whether it be here or in-game, reporting these issues feels like an entirely redundant exercise.

Also as a side note, can someone also tell me how they generate those matchup reports that look like they’ve been generated by a really old fashioned vidiprinter?

Replies

• The matchups come from a discord bot. Can’t remember the name - DSRbot rings a bell

Reporting in game is to report a cheater or a guild you suspect of cheating, so using that feature will not achieve anything other than wasting the devs who deal with cheating’s time.

It’s difficult to comment on anything else with absolutely no information to go on.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Please don't report any more guilds in TW just because you feel you've been mismatched. That's not what that button is for. It's for reporting cheaters.

(same thing goes for reporting your opponent in GAC just because you feel mismatched).

There's a MEGA thread for reporting mismatches here on these forums. CG has requested that we report them here. I doubt it will help much but it seems to be your best bet.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    If you mean like this, that's hotbot

dr9w36h7b1x2.png
  • Thanks for the responses, especially on the bot info.

Isn’t sandbagging a form of cheating? That’s what we’ve used the in-game button for previously.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Gaming the system, yes. Cheating, no.

We are in the same boat with an opponent at 270M GP to our 184M GP with an average GP difference of about 1.8M GP. Should be fun but we make the conscious choice of asking everyone to sign up so that we can get the GET2 that comes with the 180M bracket.

Kinda treat it like LS GeoTB when this happens. No fun really but the rewards are better.
    Post edited by ImaSmakya on
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    This problem is completely on cg to solve. There have been countless threads about it. And it's rather easy to solve without changing much, just equate the number of actives(+-1) and use the same matchmaking afterwards.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Shiney wrote: »
    [...]
    Isn’t sandbagging a form of cheating? That’s what we’ve used the in-game button for previously.

How on earth would sandbagging be cheating? Exactly which part of the ToS does sandbagging violate?

Just stop reporting guilds for sandbagging. It's silly nonsense. Just stop. Please.....

• you reported the opposing guild because they did not have 50 players? lol wut
  • RisinDragon
    15 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    My low level guild finally able to do TW for the first time and our first battle is against a guild about double our GP. LMAO
    Been helping these guys learn the game and understand how to set up squads and learn the ins and out of raids, TB and TW. Kinda hard to teach when all I can say is 'get ready to be steam rolled'.
    My guild is on the left with 44 million GP, I near laughed when I saw the GP of the other guild.
    nsyonecpp2v1.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    My low level guild finally able to do TW for the first time and our first battle is against a guild about double our GP. LMAO
    Been helping these guys learn the game and understand how to set up squads and learn the ins and out of raids, TB and TW. Kinda hard to teach when all I can say is 'get ready to be steam rolled'.
    My guild is on the left with 44 million GP, I near laughed when I saw the GP of the other guild.
    nsyonecpp2v1.png

Wow, that shows such an extreme case we're not likely to encounter at high gps...and why the current approach is an absolute fail.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    nsyonecpp2v1.png

You have matching active GP still, and if you have a well developed account - more advanced than the rest of the guild - you may have an advantage there too.
  • RisinDragon
    15 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Waqui wrote: »
    You have matching active GP still, and if you have a well developed account - more advanced than the rest of the guild - you may have an advantage there too.
    I did a search on SWGOH.gg for the other guild. While they only got 3 members listed. 1 of the accounts listed was 4 million GP with 7* Trayas, Darth Malak, and what not. The other 2 accounts listed with 3 million GP, have a decent roster, as well.
    31 members in my guild join. with less than 6 of us being big boyz. The rest is low level.
    we can put up 14 defenses, which means the other guild has around 28 members joined.
    My account is only 2.3 million GP. No Traya, no Malak, I got a few decent squads, CLS with Chewie, BHs, JKRevan, FO Squad, but not enough to win against a stronger roster, if those 3 players play. Hell, they can even lock us out if they put Malak on the front lines, because nobody has anything that can break Malak, atm.
    We'll try and see how we do.