Rey or Kylo

https://swgoh.gg/p/777675752/
So i will finish padme first and after that want to go for a GL.
Which one should i go for

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I recommend you to go for other key toons like JKR, DR and GAS first.

I just smashed another player in the last GAC round. He had a Ultimate SLKR but no GAS, no JKR and no DR. It was so easy to beat him even though I don't have a GL because of his slim roster.

• Options
    Okay but i dont really care about GAC...i win like 90% of my games atm and would like to get better in arena HSTR and TW/TB
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    So why are you asking ? Rey is useless in HSTR and have multiple counters for TW and arena while struggling defeating kylo on offense.

Go for Kylo, wayyyyy better in every aspect of the game
  • Options
    Go for Kylo as he seems to be the darling of the devs and getting one buff after another
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    So why are you asking ? Rey is useless in HSTR and have multiple counters for TW and arena while struggling defeating kylo on offense.

Rey beats kylo on offense. Add gas echo fives wat and press auto. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Baugl1r wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Rey beats kylo on offense. Add gas echo fives wat and press auto. Enjoy.

1, Not in my shard. And Auto ? Ya, of course-
    2 As of today fives will get you nothing as CG removes the AI part which made fives useful against Kylo.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/777675752/
    So i will finish padme first and after that want to go for a GL.
    Which one should i go for
    Kylo. He's cheaper to acquire, he can solo anything, he's better at arena(both attack and defense) and he's hard to get through with not only mirror team but with rey as well(even with luke)
  • Options
    Kylo is cheaper to acquire ???
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    In terms of relic level for the required toons, it's a fair point.

Ignoring the ships, both need 3 at R7, but Kylo needs only 6 at R5 and 3 at R3, whereas Rey needs 7 at R5 and just 2 at R3.
  • Options
    Well for Rey you need JTR dont you?so you have to get her toons up too
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Absolutely - goes back to the opening reply of making sure all the other events are done first before looking at the GL's. You build up a lot of great teams doing it this way to help in TB / TW and other areas.

But your FO's are looking strongest if that's the way you are going. For JTR, only "extra" character you would need to gear up is Vet Han (to G7/8) - others are all used for the Rey event.
  • Options
    I have watched a lot of outrage come across these threads in my time playing. While quite a few of the topics spurring that outrage had a direct impact on me... I never joined in on the fussing.
    What has happened with these GLs has changed that. I have been in the forum more than the game the last 2 days.
    As a Rey holder.... If you go for Rey at this particular point in time you need to have your head checked.
  • Options

Did you check what are the JTR required toons? They are the same already required for GL Rey
    Except maybe Vet han but dont tell me it s hard to get
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Go for Kylo. Hes MUCH harder to counter and has less, and less reliable counters compared to Rey. Even with his counters hes better on defence in TW and GAC as any Kylo counter will be a low banner win, while Rey is increasingly easy to get near max banners against
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

Did you check what are the JTR required toons? They are the same already required for GL Rey
    Except maybe Vet han but dont tell me it s hard to get

To meet prerequisites:

You need 2 extra level of Relics for Rey's friends. Point for Kylo.

You need 16 characters 7* for Rey (5 FO, Vet Han +10 Resistance) or Kylo (5 Rebels+Vet Han+10 FO). Tie. But for Rey you need a FO team (which is not great) and for Kylo you need a Rebel team, which can net you Thrawn is you chose Phenix (which is not great neither). Tie, but honorable mention for Kylo thanks to Thrawn.

You can farm 3 FO characters daily from Stores (Officer, Phasma, SF Pilot) vs 1 Res (Pilot). Point for Kylo.

You can farm Holdo shards from Galactic Bounties, none for FO. Point for Rey.

I didn't compare the total gear farming nor the ships.

It's close, but it seems easier to meet Kylo's prerequisites..
  • Options
    I own Rey (yeah the one that gets new counters in the face on a daily basis), so after saying that I would now totally go for Kylo because:

1. The toons to farm for him are much less useless than Reys, actually FO is decent on defense in GA and TW
    2. Kylo solos all raids, while Rey is completely useless raidwise
    3. Rey gets no developer love/attention whatsoever from the devs, while Kylo gets buffed
    4. There are 4-5 solid and reliable Rey counters that do not involve GLs your own. For Kylo there is one, but that will be nerfed shortly so only Rey and Kylo will be able to take him down again.
    5. New Rey counters like I said are released regularly now with JKL and Vader being the newest.

I farmed Rey because of the only viable reason: To make progression in LSTB Geonosis.

There is no decision I have made in this game, that I regret more and I know that about 90% of the Rey owners share that feeling.

So go for Kylo, if you wanna chase a GL
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    I own Rey (yeah the one that gets new counters in the face on a daily basis), so after saying that I would now totally go for Kylo because:

1. The toons to farm for him are much less useless than Reys, actually FO is decent on defense in GA and TW
    3. Rey gets no developer love/attention whatsoever from the devs, while Kylo gets buffed
    4. There are 4-5 solid and reliable Rey counters that do not involve GLs your own. For Kylo there is one, but that will be nerfed shortly so only Rey and Kylo will be able to take him down again.
    5. New Rey counters like I said are released regularly now with JKL and Vader being the newest.

I farmed Rey because of the only viable reason: To make progression in LSTB Geonosis.

There is no decision I have made in this game, that I regret more and I know that about 90% of the Rey owners share that feeling.

I also went for Rey and could not agree with you more. It is incredibly discouraging.

• Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »

I also went for Rey and could not agree with you more. It is incredibly discouraging.

Ditto
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options

I am 100% agree with you. You are totally right.

And tired of the Kylo users saying Rey is good LOL
  • Options
    I was initially put off by the Kylo buff. Really because it came out so fast. I was just starting to get use to it and JKL.... Then Vader... It's like the hits just keep coming.
    Vader and Luke definitely deserve their time in the sun. For certain.
    But why trash a GL so fast after all your work put in? I would imagine the only way any F2P would have gotten her before her fall is if their account was 4+ years old and had run out of things to farm long ago. Honestly. I had high level Res before she was unveiled. Most of them anyways. I also spent quite a bit (really a disturbing amount) and it still took me right up to 3 days before the buff to unlock her.
    Rey is taking a beating. The only reason I would recommend anyone farm her is if they have nothing else better to do.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kylo is cheaper to acquire ???
    yes, way less stunguns, less kyrotechs and other rare gears. You can compare at swgoh.gg
    not my account, but the lowest I know of(player quit a long time ago)
    https://swgoh.gg/p/235779479/gl-gear-needed/
    rey needs nearly ~300 more stunguns, golden balls and kyrotech, ~200 droid callers, etc
  • hamfisted
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If only comparing Rey and Kylo, Rey is absolute garbge. Rey needs more non-faction toons to field her best offense and defense versions for GAC/TW/Arena. She is a bit higher of an investment (though I would argue this is largely irrelevant since in the grande scheme the investment is fairly minimal. The problem is that while at release they each seemed to have their area to shine, the way CG has handled balancing them post-release has left Rey significantly short. Depending on how exactly they approach the announced buff (that will stop 5s from working) it is likely that you will require JKR and GAS at high relic to be able to reliably climb against all SLKR variants. And for defense in GAC/TW you're probably gonna want L337 at a minimum, so assume you will need to relic them as well. Compared to SLKR who appears to only use Malak from outside their faction for arena and you've got a situation where one of your options basically has their whole team pulled from the toons needed to unlock vs Rey who requires multiple non-faction teams (and worse, leaders) available if you want to use her to reliably take down SLKR.

She's ridiculously OP in a vacuum, but is **** in the actual meta. If you go straight for her just plan on literally never winning a single round of GAC again. She will bloat your roster to hell and you don't have the GP to absorb that without it ruining your matchmaking. You will gain rey, your opponents will have relic'd GAS, Padme, and Sep Droids. You don't have the teams to reliably beat those 3 squads, so they will be able to block both their front zones while you will only be able to block 1 of yours. SLKR will at least let you have 2 good offense squads, (Hux and solo SLKR) and also will let you easily take 1st in heroic sith. And 1st in heroic sith is so, so much more gear than 10th.

The singular advantage Rey has is that she's usable in LSGeo while SLKR is not. But thanks to bugs she is not a guaranteed 4 waves completed, and even if she was the rewards for reliable t3 or 1st in Heroic Sith >>> the slight increase in rewards you may get from completing any extra waves in LSGeo. (and given your current roster, it'll be a long time before you can get into a guild that is doing LS)