Vader is Vader

Prev134
Xcrit9
108 posts Member
I'm someone who has both GLs with that said Vader is Vader and you should not NERF this Vader is the ultimate GL

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Agree. Vader is easily the most iconic character of Star Wars. He deserves the current spot.
  • Xcrit9 wrote: »
    I'm someone who has both GLs with that said Vader is Vader and you should not NERF this Vader is the ultimate GL

Agree. Vader should be this good and he should stay this good.

And whats the purpose of a GL char like Rey than, who needs unbelievable more resources to get? To be steamrolled by a F2P toon that everyone has since ages? Cool logic..
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Xcrit9 wrote: »

And whats the purpose of a GL char like Rey than, who needs unbelievable more resources to get? To be steamrolled by a F2P toon that everyone has since ages? Cool logic..

Vader should always be this good. In the movies, he is an overall better, and more iconic character than rey and kylo. CG just happened to rework Vader after they released GL's a couple months ago.
  • What upsets me is that 1 hour before the update i zeta Dooku. Then Vader rework came and could not zeta Vader...
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    What upsets me is that 1 hour before the update i zeta Dooku. Then Vader rework came and could not zeta Vader...

That must suck. At least you have a zeta on flawless riposte and you could zeta Vader in a couple of weeks. :D

Vader should always be this good. In the movies, he is an overall better, and more iconic character than rey and kylo. CG just happened to rework Vader after they released GL's a couple months ago.

This is not a movie, this is SWGOH - a mobile game.
    Yes, Vader should be that good - or even better (I dont care) if he would be a GALATIC LEGEND char as well, with the same amount of work and dedication to get as for GL Rey. Than, yes than it would be absolutely OK.

But this situation is totally different: Everyone has Vader, I have him 7* since 3 or 4 years .. he is just there. And out of nothing they put him on TOP of the hardest to get char in this game (GL Rey) in arena.
    This is
    a) totally unlogic to how Galactic Legends chars where presented by CG - a GL Legend should never be beaten by a 5 year old F2P toon everybody simple has in his pockets.
    b) totally unfair to the players who put countless of resources into the game to unlock Rey

Really not so hard to understand .. is it?

but yes, they buff GLK :D .. omg
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020

This is not a movie, this is SWGOH - a mobile game.
    Yes, Vader should be that good - or even better (I dont care) if he would be a GALATIC LEGEND char as well, with the same amount of work and dedication to get as for GL Rey. Than, yes than it would be absolutely OK.

But this situation is totally different: Everyone has Vader, I have him 7* since 3 or 4 years .. he is just there. And out of nothing they put him on TOP of the hardest to get char in this game (GL Rey) in arena.
    This is
    a) totally unlogic to how Galactic Legends chars where presented by CG - a GL Legend should never be beaten by a 5 year old F2P toon everybody simple has in his pockets.
    b) totally unfair to the players who put countless of resources into the game to unlock Rey

Really not so hard to understand .. is it?

but yes, they buff GLK :D .. omg

The whole point of this game is to have characters BASED ON THE MOVIE. Merciless Target is based on the scene from rogue one. Many of other abilities that characters have are based on the scenes from the movies.

Second, if they were to change Vader into a GL then literally everyone will have a GL.

Third, having to decide whether or not to pool your resources into a certain character with the risk of a rework or new character is part of the game. I could be farming for Revan and then they release GL's after I put tons of resources into Revan. Oh well, thats how the game works, you don't know if they are going to release a new character or rework an old one.

A road ahead would really help so people know if something new is coming and not to pool all their resources into a character that is going to immediately have a new counter...
  • Basti4SWGOH
    135 posts Member
    edited June 2020

The whole point of this game is to have characters BASED ON THE MOVIE. Merciless Target is based on the scene from rogue one. Many of other abilities that characters have are based on the scenes from the movies.

Second, if they were to change Vader into a GL then literally everyone will have a GL.

Third, having to decide whether or not to pool your resources into a certain character with the risk of a rework or new character is part of the game. I could be farming for Revan and then they release GL's after I put tons of resources into Revan. Oh well, thats how the game works, you don't know if they are going to release a new character or rework an old one.

A road ahead would really help so people know if something new is coming and not to pool all their resources into a character that is going to immediately have a new counter...

Sorry.. no, this is so wrong.
    CG cannot introduce Galatic Legends chars and announce them as super hard to get & super powerful toons .. and let them beat by a F2P toon that everyone has. No, and no. This is totally wrong and completely destroys the logic of GL chars. GL should only be beatable by other GL setups or at least by newly introduced Legends you need to unlock first (which would be already hard to understand).

No, because you would need to unlock him as a new GL - the same as you needed to unlock GL Rey. Otherwise again the whole GL story would not make sense if you just convert an already existing char into a GL char for free.

Third, having to decide whether or not to pool your resources into a certain character with the risk of a rework or new character is part of the game.

Yes, but also NO. Vader is no new char, he is F2P since ages and should never be steamroll the super hard to get GL chars. End of story.

QQ. Technically even the GLs are F2P.... It'll just take a LOT longer to farm them.
  • StarSon
    7429 posts Member
    Slippyfist wrote: »

QQ. Technically even the GLs are F2P.... It'll just take a LOT longer to farm them.

Which is exactly the issue. I'm a hoarder, and it still took me 3 months to get the gear ready for Rey, and another 2 weeks after to get her tickets, and another month to get her ultimate mats. You know how much effort was put into obtaining Vader? None, because he's an achievements character that you get naturally. And I only had to gear him to g13, not 12 others (8 of which are completely useless).

And still, Vader is not really the issue. It's the level at which CG hates Rey. She was already far worse than Kylo, and then they release this rework (which I love) and every long time player now has a viable Rey counter. Meanwhile, they're going to buff SLKR AGAIN, so the only way to beat him reliably will be with ... what, exactly?

• The whole point of this game is to have characters BASED ON THE MOVIE. Merciless Target is based on the scene from rogue one. Many of other abilities that characters have are based on the scenes from the movies.

CG cannot introduce Galatic Legends chars and announce them as super hard to get & super powerful toons .. and let them beat by a F2P toon that everyone has. No, and no. This is totally wrong and completely destroys the logic of GL chars. GL should only be beatable by other GL setups or at least by newly introduced Legends you need to unlock first (which would be already hard to understand).

No, because you would need to unlock him as a new GL - the same as you needed to unlock GL Rey. Otherwise again the whole GL story would not make sense if you just convert an already existing char into a GL char for free.

Third, having to decide whether or not to pool your resources into a certain character with the risk of a rework or new character is part of the game.

Yes, but also NO. Vader is no new char, he is F2P since ages and should never be steamroll the super hard to get GL chars. End of story.

So they would take vader away from everyone, I don't think so. It also wouldn't make any sense to create a new vader that is just called a Galactic Legend. Then you basically have two Vaders who are the same but one is a GL and what CG would have to make up new abilities for the GL Vader that aren't the same as regular Vader.

Also, are you implying that GL's should forever always be the meta??? If GL's are always going to be the best, then what is the point of releasing new characters that aren't GL's.

Third, you missed the part where I said if they reworked an old character. Also, Vader doesn't steamroll a GL team. Vader can also only be efficient on offense, not defense. So if Vader is on defense, GL's would beat him.

• The whole point of this game is to have characters BASED ON THE MOVIE. Merciless Target is based on the scene from rogue one. Many of other abilities that characters have are based on the scenes from the movies.

So they would take vader away from everyone, I don't think so. It also wouldn't make any sense to create a new vader that is just called a Galactic Legend. Then you basically have two Vaders who are the same but one is a GL and what CG would have to make up new abilities for the GL Vader that aren't the same as regular Vader.

Also, are you implying that GL's should forever always be the meta??? If GL's are always going to be the best, then what is the point of releasing new characters that aren't GL's.

Third, you missed the part where I said if they reworked an old character. Also, Vader doesn't steamroll a GL team. Vader can also only be efficient on offense, not defense. So if Vader is on defense, GL's would beat him.

1 - Why would they need to take Vader away from everyone?
    Come on ... its not a new concept in this game that you have multiple version of a char in the game. How many Hans do we have? How many Lukes do we have? How many Reys do we have.
    For sure they can introduce a new GL Vader as a second / new version of Vader.

2 - And yes, GL should be at least for a loooooong time an integral part of meta. Thats why they are called Galatic Legends and that why they are super hard to get .. right.
    Again, what is the purpose of introducing those super hard to get toons if they suddenly get outbeat by a F2P char everybody has since ages? Still no anwer on that..

3 - Come on, he steamrolls over her. In the multiple videos you can see that Vader wipes out Rey teams without getting a single scratch on his team .. totally unlogic, even if its "only" on the offensive side.

In short: Making a old - easy available - F2P toon that everyone has since ages over night better than the ultra hard to get GL Rey is nonesense .. really don't understand why this is so hard to admit.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member

GL should only be beatable by other GL setups or at least by newly introduced Legends you need to unlock first (which would be already hard to understand).

Most ignorant comment I have ever read on this forum for ages. If the GLs' purpose of existence is what you describe here, then I'm almost certain this game would have experienced the biggest exodus ever when the GLs got released.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    The whining of Rey fanboys here is hiralious.

Rey should be down there, licking Vader’s boots.
  • Vuko
    12 posts Member

Come on ... its not a new concept in this game that you have multiple version of a char in the game. How many Hans do we have? How many Lukes do we have? How many Reys do we have.

2 - And yes, GL should be at least for a loooooong time an integral part of meta. Thats why they are called Galatic Legends and that why they are super hard to get .. right.
    Again, what is the purpose of introducing those super hard to get toons if they suddenly get outbeat by a F2P char everybody has since ages? Still no anwer on that..

3 - Come on, he steamrolls over her. In the multiple videos you can see that Vader wipes out Rey teams without getting a single scratch on his team .. totally unlogic, even if its "only" on the offensive side.

In short: Making a old - easy available - F2P toon that everyone has since ages over night better than the ultra hard to get GL Rey is nonesense .. really don't understand why this is so hard to admit.
    He kicks also kylos butt, what now? Delete Vader ?
    Even GL should have counters otherwise cg should block the game to f2p people und make it p2w only.
    https://youtu.be/nRNifVlaBKE
  • StarSon
    7429 posts Member
    Vuko wrote: »

Even GL should have counters otherwise cg should block the game to f2p people und make it p2w only.

The obvious answer is to just buff Kylo again.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Vuko wrote: »

The obvious answer is to just buff Kylo again.

Dude is going to be so swole after all this buffing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    shirtless kylo confirmed!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member

"More iconic", for sure.
    "Better" in the movies, in the sense "stronger" ? That's debatable. Should we ?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Starslayer wrote: »

"More iconic", for sure.

More people like Vader than either Kylo or Rey. Also, Vader would beat Kylo and Rey in a lightsaber duel (fighting them one at a time).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Whether or not Vader "should" be this good is irrelevant. It makes no sense from the game standpoint. Vader is very easy to obtain. The team needed around him to beat GLs is also very attainable. None of the "requirements" to farm, gear and relic the Vader team that currently can beat BOTH GLs now are anywhere near close to the requirements needed to farm, obtain, gear, relic and ultimate the GLs and their respective teams.

Basically, if CG makes GL countering this easy, they are informing the player base that the investing in GLs moving forward is fairly pointless, as they will be easily defeated by original game characters as soon as they are reworked to do so.

I realize that the game has always been at CG's whim to manipulate the meta at their will. This, however, is a new low. And is either mark'd with incompetence or has the mark of a company that doesn't care about it's most focused and dedicated players - be they f2p early-adapters or whales or any other type.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whether or not Vader "should" be this good is irrelevant. It makes no sense from the game standpoint. Vader is very easy to obtain. The team needed around him to beat GLs is also very attainable. None of the "requirements" to farm, gear and relic the Vader team that currently can beat BOTH GLs now are anywhere near close to the requirements needed to farm, obtain, gear, relic and ultimate the GLs and their respective teams.

Basically, if CG makes GL countering this easy, they are informing the player base that the investing in GLs moving forward is fairly pointless, as they will be easily defeated by original game characters as soon as they are reworked to do so.

I realize that the game has always been at CG's whim to manipulate the meta at their will. This, however, is a new low. And is either mark'd with incompetence or has the mark of a company that doesn't care about it's most focused and dedicated players - be they f2p early-adapters or whales or any other type.

Exactly right! What is the point for ever going for a GL when now we know that not only will they be outdated within months of release, by a non-GL/Journey character btw, but you also only have a 50% chance of getting the "right one", if you guess wrong about which one to go for - ha ha, sucks to be you.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    “Vader is fine!” -SLKR owners

“OMG, Fives is so broken!” -also SLKR owners
  • Starslayer wrote: »

"More iconic", for sure.

More people like Vader than either Kylo or Rey. Also, Vader would beat Kylo and Rey in a lightsaber duel (fighting them one at a time).

You argument is absolutely pointless. It does not matter if Vader "would beat Kylo and Rey in a lightsaber duel" and it also does not matter if "more people like Vader" (I also like him more lore wise).

What matters are the game rules and how they got applied.
    Again:
    To get GL Rey / SLK you need to put immense effort into the game, you need to invest incredible time & resources to get them and they are - because of that - flagged as Galatic Legends, the hardest toons to get.

To get Vader you need to do nothing .. if you did not start to play the game just yesterday, you have him .. ready to use .. put some gear on and a Zeta and there you are. I have him 7* since years.

How can some1 really justify that Vader can EASILY beat GL Rey and he can even beat SKL (although not that easy). Total bull****.
    Again, what is the purpose of Galatic Legends then... still no answer on that.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

"More iconic", for sure.

You argument is absolutely pointless. It does not matter if Vader "would beat Kylo and Rey in a lightsaber duel" and it also does not matter if "more people like Vader" (I also like him more lore wise).

What matters are the game rules and how they got applied.
    Again:
    To get GL Rey / SLK you need to put immense effort into the game, you need to invest incredible time & resources to get them and they are - because of that - flagged as Galatic Legends, the hardest toons to get.

To get Vader you need to do nothing .. if you did not start to play the game just yesterday, you have him .. ready to use .. put some gear on and a Zeta and there you are. I have him 7* since years.

How can some1 really justify that Vader can EASILY beat GL Rey and he can even beat SKL (although not that easy). Total bull****.
    Again, what is the purpose of Galatic Legends then... still no answer on that.

You can't zeta him or unlock him right away. It takes sometime, but not a lot of time. Personally, I like the Vader rework because I am f2p and no where near to unlocking GL's but I can still have a pretty good f2p character in Vader.

I also have know idea why a CG made Galactic Legends a kind of character. I'm not CG so I don't know the reasoning behind making a character called a Galactic Legend and then having an easy counter to that so called amazing character. Also remember that Vader only works on offense not defense. They could also be a way to counter an offensive Vader team that know one has noticed yet because they haven't tried that.

Also, that statement I wrote that you quote was a response to a different post by someone else, it didn't have anything to do with this argument. I telling someone else that, in the movies, Vader is more liked and would beat either Rey or Kylo in a duel.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Agree. Vader is easily the most iconic character of Star Wars. He deserves the current spot.

I'd argue that Han is the most iconic character in Star Wars. ;) But agree with the power level of Vader. I'd actually vote to make him even better and move his ever dots to his unique so he would be more useful when he's not under his own lead.....