New Character Idea (Saw Gerrera)

Saw Gerrera - rebel, rogue 1, galactic republic, light side, support, leader

High speed and armor. Low protection and offense.

Basic - Droid Poppers - Apply a thermal detonator to target enemy that explodes after 1 round. If the target is a Droid then the thermal detonator can't be resisted and it's damage ignores defense.

Special 1 - Scout Ahead - 3 turn cooldown - Saw and target ally gain stealth and advantage for 2 turns. If that ally is a rebel or galactic republic ally also apply 2 heal over time effects to that ally for 2 turns. All Separatist enemies are exposed for 2 turns. All empire enemies gain ability block for 1 turn. If any of these debuffs are resisted remove 10% of the enemy's tenacity (stacking until end of encounter).

Special 2 - Robolobotomy - 4 turn cooldown - Deal physical damage and dispell all buffs from target enemy. If the target is a Droid inflict tenacity down and deal special damage to them. If this attack is a critical hit also apply 2 damage over time effects.

Leader - Resistance is not Terrorism - Rebel and galactic republic allies gain 40% counter chance. Droid enemies lose 20 speed. When a rebel or galactic republic ally deals damage out of turn they gain 10% potency and 10% offense (stacking for 2 turns).

(Zeta) When a Rebel or galactic republic ally scores a critical hit all allies gain 5% counter chance and 10% critical damage (stacking for 2 turns). When an ally attacks outside of their turn they have a 25% chance to call a random ally to assist (limit 1 per turn).

Unique - Cybernetics - When an ally receives a debuff Saw recovers 5% health and protection. When an ally receives a critical hit Saw increases his max health and tenacity by 10% (stacking for 2 turns).

(Zeta) When an ally is dropped below 50% HP grant that ally stealth and Critical Immunity for 1 turn and reduce all of Saw's cooldowns by 1.

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Not gonna lie, seems like a nothing character. I wouldn't use this.

Also i believe thermal dets go off unique health % or something, defense doesnt apply.
  • Liquid_Hippie024
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    If that's the case then that bit can be ignored. I wasn't sure if it calculated in defense for detonators or not. I knew it was a %hp attack though.

I figured since clones and imperial troops and Geo's (and many other teams) focus on assists and counter attacks it was time to see something similar for a rebel/galactic republic leader (ackbar is underwhelming and commander luke requires too much for what he provides and there's not much for assist heavy GR teams). What would you recommend instead of what's here for Saw? I think he deserves a spot on the roster with how he aided in starting the rebellion.

I figured the GR and rebel tags would provide a lot of team versatility as well. Could mix well with several team types
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Saw wasn’t a part of the Rogue One crew. He got blew up during the Death Star’s first testing of its LASER OF DOOM. The Rogue One crew is the one that went to a Empire planet for a visit to the beach.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    its an interesting kit but i think its trying too hard to mix clone wars Saw and Rebel Saw, i think if CG ever added him they would do two versions, the clone wars anti-droid one with his sister as another character [could be a interesting unique for her that if she dies Saw gets bonuses/ angry changing him up a bit]. then the rebel Saw thats mainly anti-empire
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    its an interesting kit but i think its trying too hard to mix clone wars Saw and Rebel Saw, i think if CG ever added him they would do two versions, the clone wars anti-droid one with his sister as another character [could be a interesting unique for her that if she dies Saw gets bonuses/ angry changing him up a bit]. then the rebel Saw thats mainly anti-empire

I think an extremist Saw that gets cray cray anti-Empire power, but makes Rebel allies worse, would be interesting. This might reflect how his methods in R1/Rebels hurt the Empire but damaged relationships within - and the reputation of - Mon Mothma's rebellion.

Speaking of which, It's high time we got a support/leader Mothma in the same way Padme helped reinvigorate GR.
  • You aren't wrong about trying to combine r1 and young saw in 1 build. I figured the cybernetic unique covered his older style without requiring a 2nd character. Maybe the unique could change to just have him focus as a galactic republic and rebel (not so much r1). I'll look into an adjustment to cover that.