Please CG - just do the right thing

2Next

Replies

  • ZAP
    3127 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.

    Screen shots of them negotiating with cheaters is a conspiracy... Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's regarded as evidence

    He was talking about the JKL thing
  • jkray622
    1625 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.

    Screen shots of them negotiating with cheaters is a conspiracy... Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's regarded as evidence

    Can a screenshot be faked?
    If real, when we're the messages sent?
    If the screenshot is real and old, is it possible that CG used to have a more tolerant policy towards cheaters that has changed since then?

    I have a hard time getting all riled about stuff that isn't confirmed.
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    edited June 26
    .
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.

    Screen shots of them negotiating with cheaters is a conspiracy... Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's regarded as evidence

    I was talking about the claim that JKL was meant to be Mace @CookieWookie
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    *says people don't care about being factually correct, while claiming they said something they didn't say*

    Par for this forum, I guess.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.

    Screen shots of them negotiating with cheaters is a conspiracy... Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's regarded as evidence

    I was talking about the claim that JKL was meant to be Mace @CookieWookie

    Ah fair dude yeah wether that's the case or not I don't care I quite like jkl's kit
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    I'd say the only one that really matters and legit is the cheating and banning. I think it's good when CG enforces their own rules and bans accounts for breaking them. The problem is giving preferential treatment and that should be apologized for. Don't tell us you are trying to create a fair, competitive environment and then allowing banned accounts to be used again.

    With the theory that JKL is a kit intended for Mace, I couldn't care less. I like what I see from the character and can't wait to get him the second time the event comes around. I don't think they should have to apologize when they really didn't do anything wrong.

    You go into a Super Market every day and spend $500.
    I go to the same store every day and eat the free samples.

    We both then steal $50, despite the "all shoplifters will be procecuted" sign in the window there no chance you would be and a 100% chance that I would...

    CG is doing exactly the same as literally every other company on the planet by giving their most valuable (in $ terms) customers a second chance. I'm sure if a FTP cheated they would be gone instantly, you agree to their terms to be used at their discretion and that's what they've done.
  • Jarvind
    3656 posts Member
    Mysma wrote: »
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.

    How does this make any sense? I keep seeing this assertion but with zero supporting evidence.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Mysma wrote: »
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.

    How does this make any sense? I keep seeing this assertion but with zero supporting evidence.

    Conspiracy theories don't work if anyone tries to provide evidence, because there isn't any.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Mysma wrote: »
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.

    How does this make any sense? I keep seeing this assertion but with zero supporting evidence.

    I guess the evidence is that it is not Luke. It is just a powerful Jedi. Are there trash Jedi in the game, who are supposed to be really powerful? Mace Windu comes to mind.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Mysma wrote: »
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.

    How does this make any sense? I keep seeing this assertion but with zero supporting evidence.

    I guess the evidence is that it is not Luke. It is just a powerful Jedi. Are there trash Jedi in the game, who are supposed to be really powerful? Mace Windu comes to mind.

    So Luke isn't supposed to be a powerful Jedi?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Mysma wrote: »
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.

    How does this make any sense? I keep seeing this assertion but with zero supporting evidence.

    I guess the evidence is that it is not Luke. It is just a powerful Jedi. Are there trash Jedi in the game, who are supposed to be really powerful? Mace Windu comes to mind.

    So Luke isn't supposed to be a powerful Jedi?
    It’s not my opinion, just saying.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Mysma wrote: »
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.

    How does this make any sense? I keep seeing this assertion but with zero supporting evidence.

    I guess the evidence is that it is not Luke. It is just a powerful Jedi. Are there trash Jedi in the game, who are supposed to be really powerful? Mace Windu comes to mind.

    How is this not Luke?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.

    Screen shots of them negotiating with cheaters is a conspiracy... Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's regarded as evidence

    Can a screenshot be faked?
    If real, when we're the messages sent?
    If the screenshot is real and old, is it possible that CG used to have a more tolerant policy towards cheaters that has changed since then?

    I have a hard time getting all riled about stuff that isn't confirmed.

    This X 1000.

    Its hilarious the amount of uproar a guy with a microphone and great story can cause.
  • Nikoms565
    12541 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    *says people don't care about being factually correct, while claiming they said something they didn't say*

    Par for this forum, I guess.

    You've given up reading now too? Reread first line of the post you quoted.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    12541 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    *says people don't care about being factually correct, while claiming they said something they didn't say*

    Par for this forum, I guess.

    You've given up reading now too? Reread first line of the post you quoted.

    I know how goalpost moving works too, thanks.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.

    Why aren't you done with the server too?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bigbearxba
    249 posts Member
    edited June 26
    Mysma wrote: »
    1) they clearly stated (paraphrasing) ‘we messed up in 2019. Sorry! We’re gonna do tons in 2020! Promise! New raid! New GL toons! More and more content! Reworks and all sorts of good things!’ And they didn’t deliver. Own up to it. Own it.

    I’m not sure you’ve watched the news the last four months or left your house recently (if not, thank you) but I think not delivering on promises for 2020 is the one thing we can all forgive any company for so far this year.
  • Gifafi
    4745 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.

    serious q, (and let's assume that the implication, at the very least, was that they were relatively equal when announced/dropped), what has really changed? Rey is still better on D imo, or at least around the same (I find rey much harder to beat than slkr, esp with jkl), and better in lsgeotb (obviously). Most people don't leave slkr on d in gac or tw afiact, but rey is a tough out.

    So slkr is better at hsth, right? That's the main difference? It's what I can see anyway. Well, this was the same as before the speed buff, isn't it? He didn't start soloing hsth with one team after the buff, did he? I'm asking, bc my memory says he could from jump. I just don't see how he is somehow way better than rey, because of the buff.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    12541 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.

    serious q, (and let's assume that the implication, at the very least, was that they were relatively equal when announced/dropped), what has really changed? Rey is still better on D imo, or at least around the same (I find rey much harder to beat than slkr, esp with jkl), and better in lsgeotb (obviously). Most people don't leave slkr on d in gac or tw afiact, but rey is a tough out.

    So slkr is better at hsth, right? That's the main difference? It's what I can see anyway. Well, this was the same as before the speed buff, isn't it? He didn't start soloing hsth with one team after the buff, did he? I'm asking, bc my memory says he could from jump. I just don't see how he is somehow way better than rey, because of the buff.

    In my experience, she is not much better on defense anymore - and that's really the crux of the point. And JKL seems to be more of a defensive liability than a help. Just as an example, the day of JKLs release, a guy on our shard had an all R7 GLRey (w/ultimate) team with all R7 JKR, GMY, GK and JKL and I beat them with a R6 GL Rey (no ultimate) R3 JKR, R5 RHFinn, R7 GK and R7 GSky. He stated that on offense JKL was only helpful against much weaker SLKR teams.

    He stopped running GLRey completely after that (he now runs SLKR with R7 Vader in the team).

    SLKR also holds better on defense now than he used to due to the buffs - but the reason most people don't leave him on defense for TW or GAC is because he is also even stronger now on offense because of the speed buff. And Rey mirrors can time out easier.

    The soloing simply got easier after the speed buff - or so I'm told by other guild members (I don't have SLKR yet).

    The two new introductions (Vader's rework and JKL) make the situation even worse, as JKL seems to only be helpful to Rey on offense vs. other Rey, while Vader with the appropriate teams can also counter GLRey teams (and often for more banners) - allowing SLKR owners to deploy him elsewhere.

    TL;DR - since being relatively equal when they were released, Rey's pvp edge has shrunk, while SLKR's edge on pvp offense and also raid performance has increased. While counters to Rey for TW and GAC continue to grow (while SLKR's counters are being eliminated by "AI fixes").

    None of this is to say that Rey is a bad character - simply that she has lost value relative to SLKR since the pair of GLs was released. And that reduction in value relative to SLKR is a direct result of CG's changes to Kylo's kit, changes to his AI and Vader's rework. Which is the only point I have been trying to make - despite obvious attempts to twist it into something else.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    12541 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.

    Why aren't you done with the server too?

    I still like the game - just not the posters more concerned with post counts or "likes" than contributions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.

    Why aren't you done with the server too?

    I still like the game - just not the posters more concerned with post counts or "likes" than contributions.

    That has nothing to do with my server.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Also you have listed one person's experience with JKL. My experience is much better on D. So who is right?

    Maybe your guy just has bad mods.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    4745 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.

    The issue - which has been stated numerous times, across countless threads, by dozens of people is that the kits and performance of the two GLs were much more value equivalent when they were released. Then CG changed things. That's it. CG didn't have to state they were equal value, because they were.

    But if you and the rest of the TVF circle like-clicking Discord clan feel better building strawman arguments then pummeling them to bits, enjoy. I'm done with this silliness.

    serious q, (and let's assume that the implication, at the very least, was that they were relatively equal when announced/dropped), what has really changed? Rey is still better on D imo, or at least around the same (I find rey much harder to beat than slkr, esp with jkl), and better in lsgeotb (obviously). Most people don't leave slkr on d in gac or tw afiact, but rey is a tough out.

    So slkr is better at hsth, right? That's the main difference? It's what I can see anyway. Well, this was the same as before the speed buff, isn't it? He didn't start soloing hsth with one team after the buff, did he? I'm asking, bc my memory says he could from jump. I just don't see how he is somehow way better than rey, because of the buff.

    In my experience, she is not much better on defense anymore - and that's really the crux of the point. And JKL seems to be more of a defensive liability than a help. Just as an example, the day of JKLs release, a guy on our shard had an all R7 GLRey (w/ultimate) team with all R7 JKR, GMY, GK and JKL and I beat them with a R6 GL Rey (no ultimate) R3 JKR, R5 RHFinn, R7 GK and R7 GSky. He stated that on offense JKL was only helpful against much weaker SLKR teams.

    He stopped running GLRey completely after that (he now runs SLKR with R7 Vader in the team).

    SLKR also holds better on defense now than he used to due to the buffs - but the reason most people don't leave him on defense for TW or GAC is because he is also even stronger now on offense because of the speed buff. And Rey mirrors can time out easier.

    The soloing simply got easier after the speed buff - or so I'm told by other guild members (I don't have SLKR yet).

    The two new introductions (Vader's rework and JKL) make the situation even worse, as JKL seems to only be helpful to Rey on offense vs. other Rey, while Vader with the appropriate teams can also counter GLRey teams (and often for more banners) - allowing SLKR owners to deploy him elsewhere.

    TL;DR - since being relatively equal when they were released, Rey's pvp edge has shrunk, while SLKR's edge on pvp offense and also raid performance has increased. While counters to Rey for TW and GAC continue to grow (while SLKR's counters are being eliminated by "AI fixes").

    None of this is to say that Rey is a bad character - simply that she has lost value relative to SLKR since the pair of GLs was released. And that reduction in value relative to SLKR is a direct result of CG's changes to Kylo's kit, changes to his AI and Vader's rework. Which is the only point I have been trying to make - despite obvious attempts to twist it into something else.

    that makes sense. I strongly disagree that slkr is better on defense (at least when using slkr on offense) and that JKL isn't a big help, and I think slkr was soloing ths hsth raid before the buff just fine, but I get that your point is that she is less good relative to slkr now. I just think the difference isn't that great. we'll see I guess
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    3382 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

    They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

    That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.

    I asked if there was a representation made, because I was genuinely curious if there was any citation for the claim that there was such a representation. I take it from your post that you agree the answer to that question is no.

    If you are asking if CG ever stated officially "these 2 GLs are the exact same value" then the answer is, of course, no. Congratulations on winning yet another argument no one was making.
    Actually bearrock was making exactly that argument in the post Liath was responding to:
    bearrock wrote: »
    Going back on their representation that the two GLs will be of equivalent value.

    And then you backed him up:
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    There was a representation that the GLs would be of equivalent value?

    When they were first released? Sure. Since the multiple buffs to one and the rework to counter the other? Not so much. But as a f2p hoarder, I think you fully understand that - and the issues that such post-release changes create.
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    bearrock wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »


    Actually bearrock was making exactly that argument in the post Liath was responding to:
    bearrock wrote: »
    Going back on their representation that the two GLs will be of equivalent value.
    I went back and looked and you're right, they never said that the two will be of equivalent value, they said it will require roughly equal effort to unlock

    "Even though the requirements are not the same for all units our goal is that both of these Galactic Legends will have an equal level of effort required for the average veteran player."

    I think people like me conflated effort with value. Whether that's a reasonable assumption or not, CG never promised that the two will be equal value. Whether that justifies the continued devaluation of one toon compared to the other after players rely on initial kit to make the decision on which to unlock is a different issue.

    And whether CG's position is "we are trying to make them equal value and are continuing to tweak to make that happen" or "no, we never intended equal value to be a metric for balancing consideration, just equal effort", we won't know unless CG clarifies.

    I will say that personally, given the joined release and design for equal effort, I think they should have roughly equal value. But that's my personal opinion and if CG's position is different, then so be it.

    Excellent post.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.