I waited till I actually unlocked the event before posting

Prev1
Edo
6 posts Member
So I decided to wait till I actually unlocked the event to see what everyone was complaining about. The ticket system for GLs? Absolute horse droppings. I spent the last 6, probably 8 months gearing up characters for this event. You're really going to make me wait even longer to farm points to actually do the event? This is weak. Even by CG standards this is weak. I'm gonna reevaluate how much time I spend on this game, and maybe by quitting the game at this point, CG will get a clue that they're not running a good game.

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    tenor.gif?itemid=5624064

If you're frustrated with the ticket system to unlock a GL, just wait until you finally unlock them, R7 them, and THEN have to spend ~twice~ (EDIT) as long farming ultimate mats before you can consistently climb in Arena against opponents with Ult enabled GLs. That, young padawan, is true suffering.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    If you're frustrated with the ticket system to unlock a GL, just wait until you finally unlock them, R7 them, and THEN have to spend ~3-4 times as long farming ultimate mats before you can consistently climb in Arena against opponents with Ult enabled GLs. That, young padawan, is true suffering.

Well actually (TM) it's 2 times as long.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If you're frustrated with the ticket system to unlock a GL, just wait until you finally unlock them, R7 them, and THEN have to spend ~3-4 times as long farming ultimate mats before you can consistently climb in Arena against opponents with Ult enabled GLs. That, young padawan, is true suffering.

Are you including tiers 4 and 5 when you get the useless portrait and title?

I haven't done the math, but it seems like eons longer to get Rey's ultimate than to unlock her
  • Edo
    6 posts Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=5624064

Why do you think I'm leaning towards quitting or selling my account? I dont need pointless stress in my life over a game that hasn't had a real update in years unless you count TB Geo.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    15x8, 30x4, 60x2= 360 tickets iirc to unlock.
    70x12 to get ultimate 840 tickets for ultimate.

I could be forgetting the exact number of times or cost of each battle...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Are you including tiers 4 and 5 when you get the useless portrait and title?

I haven't done the math, but it seems like eons longer to get Rey's ultimate than to unlock her

There's a chart somewhere that I pulled that shows the total days based on node and refresh rate and it's exactly 2x. And it's start to finish.
  • The ticket system is why I decided to skip out on gls. It seems like such an awful thing to do.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    The ticket system is why I decided to skip out on gls. It seems like such an awful thing to do.

It's not great, for sure, but the end result was worth it. Because the alternative was worse.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The ticket system is why I decided to skip out on gls. It seems like such an awful thing to do.

It's not great, for sure, but the end result was worth it. Because the alternative was worse.

What alternative? I still do okay in arena with gas. I guess i am missing out on a few more vaves in lstb, but I get to enjoy gac for the most part. Gearing up all those toons and getting a gl would have put me in with worse people for sure and I do not want that.
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    420 tickets to unlock
    840 additional tickets after unlock to complete Ultimate.

Both assuming no losses or game crashes as the event loads.

Poster above was mostly correct, but it’s 3x on T3 (60 tickets), not 2x.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ladas wrote: »
    420 tickets to unlock

I'm talking start to finish. To go from unlock to ult is 2x from scratch to unlock, given same energy spent per day on same energy node value.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

What alternative? I still do okay in arena with gas. I guess i am missing out on a few more vaves in lstb, but I get to enjoy gac for the most part. Gearing up all those toons and getting a gl would have put me in with worse people for sure and I do not want that.

I take 1 with Rey. Wasn't going to be doing that with GAS. Your mileage will vary.
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    420 tickets to unlock

I'm talking start to finish. To go from unlock to ult is 2x from scratch to unlock, given same energy spent per day on same energy node value.

So exactly what I wrote? Not sure why you quoted me as if there was some correction to make. 840 = 2x 420.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You said I was "mostly correct."

Which part of what I said was incorrect?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    15x8, 30x4, 60x2= 360 tickets iirc to unlock.
    70x12 to get ultimate 840 tickets for ultimate.

I could be forgetting the exact number of times or cost of each battle...

Tier 3 is 3 times.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Edo wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=5624064

Why do you think I'm leaning towards quitting or selling my account? I dont need pointless stress in my life over a game that hasn't had a real update in years unless you count TB Geo.

Simming causes you stress?
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member

You might think everything is about you, but since it wasn’t your post that gave a breakdown of the tiers and costs, not sure what would lead you to believe my explicitly commenting its 3x and not 2x for tier count in any way referred to you.

You are forgiven though.
  • You forgot 2*70 for tier 4 and 5. So 980 required for ultimate.
    Near 3 times longer than unlocking gl
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

You might think everything is about you, but since it wasn’t your post that gave a breakdown of the tiers and costs, not sure what would lead you to believe my explicitly commenting its 3x and not 2x for tier count in any way referred to you.

You are forgiven though.

Thanks!!!!!!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Seranya6 wrote: »
    You forgot 2*70 for tier 4 and 5. So 980 required for ultimate.

Go look up the chart I referenced.
  • I’m not a fan of the ticket system either, but a few weeks of ticket farming is a very small percentage of time spent on this game a lot of us have been playing for several years. At least that’s what I told myself while banging my head after spending 100 crystals for refreshes and getting zero shards for farm projects. Ends justify the means in this case.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member

No, it’s 1x for T4, 1x for T5 and 10x for T6. All those tiers are 70 tickets each... or 840 total tickets after unlock.
  • Exact, my mistake
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

They count 12x70, not 10x70. So Tier 4 and 5 were in the mix ;)

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    So I decided to wait till I actually unlocked the event to see what everyone was complaining about. The ticket system for GLs? Absolute horse droppings. I spent the last 6, probably 8 months gearing up characters for this event. You're really going to make me wait even longer to farm points to actually do the event? This is weak. Even by CG standards this is weak. I'm gonna reevaluate how much time I spend on this game, and maybe by quitting the game at this point, CG will get a clue that they're not running a good game.

GL's were just announced (as a thing, not the reqs) just under 6 months ago, but my question is did you not know about the ticket system? Don't get me wrong, no one likes it (it's just a bone thrown to spenders who refresh, afaict).
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Farriot
    38 posts Member

I hope you went for Kylo
  • Eh...I'm in the middle of that ticket grind. Doesn't bother me. It's just a time gate to stop some people from going too crazy in spending.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Eh...I'm in the middle of that ticket grind. Doesn't bother me. It's just a time gate to stop some people from going too crazy in spending.

That's a funny way of saying to encourage spending (on multiple energy refreshes).