Please don't lock new stuff behind daily activities.

Prev1345
Lots of players only complete daily activities after their arena climb hour starts. So if you need to complete the daily stuff before you can access the new game mode, you are asking players to either hamper their climbs in arena to get to play this mode, or only play this mode at a specific time of the day.

I'd much rather be able to play whichever part of the game I want at any time of day myself.

Replies

• Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    +1
  • +2
  • +3
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
  • On one hand, they are probably trying to raise casual player engagement with the game by locking the new mode behind daily activities, but yeah waiting until end of arena payout is going to be a chore.

They did mention having event duration of 24 hours to 7 days, so maybe it could be 24 hours to 7 days after first attempt at the event.

Another thing they could do is maybe use 2/3 of the daily activities as the marker. That way you could do everything but arena stuff and unlock the event.
  • I am wondering why this new mode needs to be locked behind dailies? Is it to add worth to the dailies?
    If it’s a game mode designed to add enjoyment why does it need to be locked behind anything?
    I can get the dailies done of course, and I do. I assume I can get the challenges done after my arena payouts.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    I am wondering why this new mode needs to be locked behind dailies? Is it to add worth to the dailies?
    If it’s a game mode designed to add enjoyment why does it need to be locked behind anything?
    I can get the dailies done of course, and I do. I assume I can get the challenges done after my arena payouts.

It’s probably locked behind dailies to get people to attack twice early in their day which would most likely force them to refresh on their climb to 1. For players that don’t participate in the top 50, the early arena attacks don’t mean much.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Behind dailies = similar to raid tickets. Nothing new tbh.
  • Or remove arena fights from dailies after level 85.
  • Further, on Thursday we must wait 19:30 here in Central Europe to complete daily activities 😒
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Especially when we are waiting for guild's challenges reset to complete daily challenges - just to make 20 of them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Lots of players only complete daily activities after their arena climb hour starts. So if you need to complete the daily stuff before you can access the new game mode, you are asking players to either hamper their climbs in arena to get to play this mode, or only play this mode at a specific time of the day.

I'd much rather be able to play whichever part of the game I want at any time of day myself.

lots of people do the opposite too, with arenas last, but I doubt very much we would have to do arena battles in order to do these events. I'm just wondering if CG is tone-deaf enough to make it like the gl tickets, or to "force" people to use crystals to refresh in order to get enough tickets. Maybe for the higher level ones I guess, bc most people at higher levels do multiple energy refreshes, but still, that would not be good
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    NataPda wrote: »
    Especially when we are waiting for guild's challenges reset to complete daily challenges - just to make 20 of them.

This and This, a lot of ppl are waiting for guild time to reset to finish their dailies. If you are going to lock it behind them, PLEASE at least do it that finishing today dailies wil unlock tomorow galactic chalenges. So we can really play them WHOLE day if we want.
  • AceSith
    11 posts Member

I just do daily’s when I do them, no stress .
  • ShawDou wrote: »

This and This, a lot of ppl are waiting for guild time to reset to finish their dailies. If you are going to lock it behind them, PLEASE at least do it that finishing today dailies wil unlock tomorow galactic chalenges. So we can really play them WHOLE day if we want.

Might not take whole day to play them, might only take 10 minutes to finish this content that’s been a year in the making.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    ShawDou wrote: »

Might not take whole day to play them, might only take 10 minutes to finish this content that’s been a year in the making.

You can play them as many times as you want, so if you want to play them the whole day you can. But if they are locked behind dailies you can only play them after your payout. In my case I can only play them for 6 hours a day
  • There is an easy fix to this problem. Completing the daily activities should earn us 1 Galactic Challenge token. Every day, you can spend 1 Galactic Challenge token to unlock the Galactic Challenges for the day
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    If the mode opens after daily activity completion It would not be a bad thing.
  • KueChael wrote: »

Did you even read the thread?
  • There is an easy fix to this problem. Completing the daily activities should earn us 1 Galactic Challenge token. Every day, you can spend 1 Galactic Challenge token to unlock the Galactic Challenges for the day

Good idea
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    Are they actually considering this?! The BEST QoL improvement they have made was to be able to move your arena payout to a time most suitable for your personal schedule. For me, this is late in the day as I'm winding down to go to sleep. Since I compete for the top and only move up during my payout as a courtesy, opening the new game mode by finishing dailies would force me to attack/back out, wait 10 minutes, attack/back out, then require me to refresh to move up during my payout (which is ridiculous). As everyone well knows, this game is time-consuming, so we all play it whenever our life allows us to. By putting a new mode behind the daily activity completion requirement would be an insensitive and impetuous move.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    KueChael wrote: »

Do you even play the game right now? Since game actively encourages you to finish dailies after both arena payouts which is late for most of guys and sometimes even after guild activity reset which is even later for a lof of guys. My guild activities resets pretty much 30min-1h before i go to sleep, so on Thursday when a lot of ppl waits for guild activity to reset the content that you let us play "whole day" will be open only for 30min - 1h for me, since game actively encourages me to not do any challenges before guild reset. :disappointed:
  • Unless arena payouts mean a lot less. Shifting crystals to challenges and flattening arena rewards would remove a lot of headache for CG and be a boon for players on the outside of shard chats. This could go a long way to nipping the f2p hoarders as well (I will be one of the nipped!)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Further, on Thursday we must wait 19:30 here in Central Europe to complete daily activities 😒

In case you are unaware, this has nothing to do with being in Central Europe. Your guild reset time is based on the time zone of the person who started the guild. Mine is currently 22:30 for me.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I like the idea of us being granted a daily token one day ahead. So everyone gets one token at launch, and then you can use it that day, meanwhile you get a second for completing your dailies that day which you can then use the next day.

Of course that will still screw with people that already have done their dailies that launch day, so they should announce the start date both here and in-game.

Or give us two daily tokens at launch.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH