This is going to be a long post and I apologize for that, but here are my thoughts on the Road Ahead and more of SWGOH. And CG, don't get offended, I love this game and will play this game until the plug is pulled, but please take this criticism in a positive way. You guys take criticism like children, you get upset and hold grudges. We all want this game to continue, we all want this game to improve, and if you actually made some of these improvements you would make a lot more money, and I know that is what you want.
Update: I added a TL;DR down in the discussion. If you want the full details continue reading here.
The previous Road Ahead was 11/20/19, over 8 months ago or whatever it is, and I believe that was the first RH since Mark joined CG (maybe LS Geo TB was his first, but it really doesn't matter cause the past 3 RH's have been garbage). CG under his leadership has been abysmal. I have tried remaining very optimistic and have given them the benefit of doubt each time, but this RH scares me. I personally feel that CG was going to release a Road Ahead in March stating they had plans for the Original Trilogy. They could've teased the Y-Wing, teased the Bomber, and teased Jedi Knight Luke, but then the Galactic Legends get delayed. The requirements for GLs are out of this world crazy, only the whales and krakens have really gotten them (if you somehow managed to get them F2P, hats off). I think once they got delayed, the GLs were their big money grab. Releasing a RH in March, before GLs dropped, stating that Jedi Knight Luke would be coming would be a bad plan. Everyone, and I mean everyone, would rather farm for Jedi Knight Luke in comparison to Galactic Legends. The JKL event was lovely, kit is great, and if we knew JKL was coming how many people go for him instead of the GLs. I think that is why the Road Ahead was delayed quartly from March all the way to now, because this quarter was OT. This quarter was JKL and Vader. What would this Road Ahead have looked like in March? Teasing JKL, teasing a Vader rework, may not have had new content, but we would have at least gotten excited for OT content in March. We would have been at ease for a while, but they just drop them now without any correlation to a road ahead so that they could grab their money from both GLs and now JKL.
Next on the agenda, this RH. I am excited for the Galactic Challenges. It seems that they are giving us something we can do everyday, something that scales with our rosters, something that feels that we can actually use some theorycrafted teams for practice. It may not be a sandbox, but at least we will be able to experience the entirely of our rosters... hopefully. Galactic Challenges seem to be something that streamers and content creators will be able to stream for periods of time daily, that is something this game does not have right now. You can stream your GACs 3 times a week, maybe stream your arena climb, but that is about it. No content you can sit down and stream. This game to be brutally honest with y'all, is not content creator friendly at all. The group of content creators we have now have all been blessed that the IP of this game is Star Wars. If this game had randomly created characters I don't think anyone is tuning in, the Star Wars name is the only thing that keeps this game alive as there is no content in this game. I have loved playing this game for the past 2+ years now, and as stated previously I have tried staying optimistic, but wow... they finally announce content without a timetable and who knows what this will even be. Maybe this will just be a reskin of the current challenges with a new tier of rewards.
This new content scares me. It may be a content creator friendly mode being able to test rosters out and play it daily, but it seems that this mode will be automated. It seems that CG can create all these unique abilities and just combine the abilities with factions and each faction has their own "planet" which is just a scene that is already in the game, and they can automate it. Everyday it cycles to a new background and the AI is based on your roster. If this believe is true, and it can all be automated (which is something CG would do as they are very lazy it seems), this could very well be the start of the end of SWGOH. Automated content that can let us play infinite games, seems that CG is ready to close up shop and go work on their other game. Mark has had nothing to do with CG, and since he has taken command of CG, not once has he spoken with us except for his introductory post. They created an automated gamemode that will automatically scale with our roster, meaning that if it is tough we can always spend money to be able to complete these challenges. A money farm. CG won't have to update the game but we will keep playing as it is Star Wars and they will keep draining the communities pockets.
What do I think CG needs to do to raise the spirits of the community?
1) Come out and straight up apologize for the lack of communication. Come out and straight up apologize for the lack of content. They need to mend ties with the community. They need to create and re-establish the relationship with the community. We are all here for one reason and one reason only: Star Wars. Let's start mending the relationship by making a fun Star Wars game that has content that we can play for ages, and they need to mention that to us. I hope their new game gets released and no one plays it, and that will probably happen. No one is fans of CG the company, we are fans of Star Wars. Once they understand that, they will create more Star Wars content (unless they get their rights revoked, which could be a possibility if they are creating all of this automated content).
2) We deserve our Galactic Republic Jedi's to be reworked, and reworked soon. Mace Windu needs to be a one of the top leaders in the game, he needs a place as one of the best teams in the game. Imagine a Mace Windu led GR Jedi team. CG should add Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin to the game, and then rework Kit Fisto. A team led by Mace Windu with Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, and I could care less about the 5th would be amazing. These 4 are the Jedi who faced Palpatine, give us them. Then also rework Darth Sidious.
3) Clone Wars Season 7 was some of the most hyped Star Wars content of all time... and it deserved all the hype as it was amazing. CG butchered the Clone Wars release. They should have released the Bad Batch with a reworked Commander Cody as the lead (Cody had little relation with them but was with them in S7E1, maybe a new Echo with them, who knows, just give us the Bad Batch). I was for certain when the Clone Wars dropped that they would give us the Bad Batch, there was no way they missed an opportunity like that. But they did... How? Also, give us a Clone Wars Maul, or even just rework the current one. Imagine a Clone Wars Maul with 4 Death Watch mandalorians... Wouldn't have to be meta, but just a nice offensive TW/GAC team that has some nice synergy. CG focuses a little too much on the whales and only creates meta teams, we don't need every new team to be meta. There are plenty of modes in this game, give us non-meta new teams, please. Following up on Clone Wars, we should have a new Ahsoka, and a 4 clones from the 332nd company. Give us clones. Also, GK should have a full team of 212th clones for his LS Geo TB mission he has with just Cody and Clone Sergeant.
4) Finally, give us Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi. Even if they are Galactic Legends and the requirements are tough, I think these are 2 characters the community both want and need. These can for sure be a meta team, but don't make them completely squash the new meta. There shouldn't only be one or two teams that dominate the game, there should be more. Imagine a meta where there is a Fallen Anakin team, a Master Kenobi team, a JKL team, a Darth Vader team, a Rey team, and then finally a Kylo team. Those 6 squads, the main 6 characters from each trilogy, should create the meta. With those 6, I think we finally achieve balance. And please make JKL have some Rebel synergy, he may not be on the Battle of Endor helping out much, but please give us Endor Leia and crew.
5) Give us a campaign. I know a majority of you guys will probably disagree on this one, but give us a campaign and have it go through every trilogy we have. It would be similar to regular nodes, but have it go chronological. Campaign 1: Episode 1: have us go through the events of the first movie. Give us Jar Jar as the reward or something, even a Padawan Obi-Wan would be sweet. Have us play through our favorite movies. Idea for Campaign 2: Episode 2: reward is Padawan Anakin, he is already in the game, you wouldn't need the art department to borrow the laptop for a whole week, you just need to rework the kit a bit. We move forward to Campaign 6: Episode 6: give us Endor Leia as the reward or something. Have 9 separate campaigns (one for each episode) so we can live through the episodes in game. Give the community these characters that we are missing. Even if the campaign was a DLC to the game, where you had to pay $20 to unlock all 9 campaigns, I would spend! 9 characters, 1 from each episode, for only $20, sure! But seriously, just add this to the game as a free option, we need an actual campaign, like why am I going up against Mob Enforcer? Just makes no sense. Following up, CG wouldn't even have to do much as they already have all the backgrounds made almost, they just need to configure the characters you face and the rewards. Maybe CG can't add new content because the Cantina can't get permits for expansion, actually, yes, this is probably the exact reason.
I was originally going to post this in Ahnald's comment section so CG didn't hold a grudge against me, but the comment was too long to post. So if it seems that it was written in a weird way, it was because it wasn't supposed to be directly written to CG but to the community as a while. Thus, if CG reads this I will sacrifice myself for the betterment of the game. Also, CG I am currently unemployed so if you would like me to come work for you guys and be the head of content I will gladly do so.