No huge change needed for rey

Prev1
Saada
405 posts Member
edited June 27
I've listened to alot of complaining...
For squad arena:
It's irrelevant that you can't use just resistance. A well modded rey, jkl, gas, jkr, gk/hyoda is definitely on par with kylo and even without jkl there are a lot of people that climb fine against all different kylo set ups.
As for rey mirrors: They are are tough, well so were jkr... that's just bad luck and shouldn't come into any reasoning.

Kylo is better at raids:
This was always the case from the start anyway and everyone knew this. So again this shouldn't come into any reasoning.

So it comes down to TW and gac:
In most cases rey users set her on defence (with all resistance) and it either takes a gl or a counter that involved taking a relic 7 gas away from the clones or splitting apart multiple squads (stealing gba and thrawn to go with dr). Again this is fine since there is an advantage if your opponent has to split up multi squads to counter your rey...... You shouldn't think you are entitled to your rey holding for 10 battles as was the case when she was first released.

So the only issue I see is the vader counter and I agree that either she should receive something to stop this or his kit gets changed slightly to make it a lot harder to counter rey bit that's thethe only issue that should be argued.

If you are struggling to beat kylo with rey, it's your mods/strategy which is the issue and this has always been prominent with all metas and just cause you have a gl doesn't mean your entitled to win against all other gls even if your mods are rubbish.

Replies

  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    “Irrelevant that you can’t use resistance”
    How so? By splitting up meta teams compared to Kylo who can hide behind FO allies? You obviously don’t know what’s the issue here.

    If you could read its irrelevant in squad arena. Rey is made to be used with light side toons and not just a certain faction and in squad arena it doesn't matter since its not like your short a gas or jkr for another squad that you need to use... get it?
    And its pretty clear but I'll repeat it.... in gac and tw, rey in defence still needs multiple squads or a gl to beat her so a gl to beat a gl or jkr and gas or dr with gba still gives rey owners an advantage. The only issue is vader as I've stated.....
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Let me guess Kylo user ey?

    Rey is garbage and there is every need for a change so she is atleast the same standard as Kylo.

    Obviously your mods and strategy is rubbish since the multiple users in my arena have no issues climbing nor do the many people who have posted on this forum or the many youtube vids.....
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Let me guess Kylo user ey?

    Rey is garbage and there is every need for a change so she is atleast the same standard as Kylo.

    Obviously your mods and strategy is rubbish since the multiple users in my arena have no issues climbing nor do the many people who have posted on this forum or the many youtube vids.....

    No my mods are fine but again doesn’t change the fact compared to Kylo she’s garbage and has plenty of F2P counters now.

    But you keep fighting to keep your Kylo top dog (blatantly a Kylo user)

    As I've stated which your biased view is ignoring is that the ftp vader counter needs to be dealt with. The other ftp counters are justified just like dr, bsf, thrawn, gba, malak counters kylo.

    Everything else that people are arguing has as many holes as Swiss cheese.

    Kylo does better in raids.... was always a fact.
    Winning percentage with rey vs kylo is soooo low....yet there are people who win a high percentage of the time but no label their shard as weak lol
    Can't use resistance... Rey and Kylo were never made for just one faction and in squad arena its irrelevant how wide a variety of toons you have to use.

    Excuses excuses excuses that have no basis
  • NataPda
    32 posts Member
    Well, maybe Rey is OK. The problem is that resistance needs to be buffed. Someone should have pre-taunt as KRU, others might be like Hux (Finn is much weaker) or ST.
    I would like to see any video with Rey & pure resistance against full FO & ulti SKLR.
    Otherwise words "Reys from my shard have no problem with SKLR" have no sense at all
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    NataPda wrote: »
    Well, maybe Rey is OK. The problem is that resistance needs to be buffed. Someone should have pre-taunt as KRU, others might be like Hux (Finn is much weaker) or ST.
    I would like to see any video with Rey & pure resistance against full FO & ulti SKLR.
    Otherwise words "Reys from my shard have no problem with SKLR" have no sense at all

    I agreed with you until the end. It's irrelevant in squad arena. Kylos use a mix malak, thrawn, dr, as well as all First order so saying reys in my arena have no issue is still the truth since Kylo doesn't just use ONLY first order like rey doesn't just use ONLY resistance. She again is made to be used with light side not just resistance, they have stated this. So in arena the fact they can climb with NO ISSUE with a mix of toons makes total sense since people are saying they can't win with any squad with rey vs kylo which is just false.
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Deany123 wrote: »
    Sorry, you can believe what ever you like but there is a huge imbalance on the way in GAC with the incoming SLKR changes... if some decides to put their SLKR on defense then Rey users will have to plunder their other meta teams to be able to counter it... this will leave kylo users at a huge advantage. Sure you could both put your respective GL on defense but Rey is far easier to counter than the demi god that is Kylo!
    Most of the Rey users I have spoken with do not want a game breaking buff...all they want is a buff to ensure a full resistance team can compete with SLKR, it doesn't need to be a 60 banner win...hell a 47 banner win being a possibility would be more than acceptable.

    As you stated. Put yours on defence and if they do the same then it's on one of you to produce a counter (they both have some). And if you remove the vader counter (as I've stated) then it's definitely fair. Take a look at my gac history. I've beaten someone who has both gls. Used kylo against rey and dr, malak, bsf, thrawn and gba. I've also beaten slower first order set ups with just a normal dr team with thrawn and no gba
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    And I've yet to come across someone setting kylo on defence unless they have both.... while if someone just had rey its almost certain they'll put them on defence so your taking about a disadvantage which doesn't even happen in gac
  • NataPda
    32 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Saada wrote: »
    NataPda wrote: »
    Well, maybe Rey is OK. The problem is that resistance needs to be buffed. Someone should have pre-taunt as KRU, others might be like Hux (Finn is much weaker) or ST.
    I would like to see any video with Rey & pure resistance against full FO & ulti SKLR.
    Otherwise words "Reys from my shard have no problem with SKLR" have no sense at all

    I agreed with you until the end. It's irrelevant in squad arena. Kylos use a mix malak, thrawn, dr, as well as all First order so saying reys in my arena have no issue is still the truth since Kylo doesn't just use ONLY first order like rey doesn't just use ONLY resistance. She again is made to be used with light side not just resistance, they have stated this. So in arena the fact they can climb with NO ISSUE with a mix of toons makes total sense since people are saying they can't win with any squad with rey vs kylo which is just false.

    Kylos from my shard use only FO. And this team is much stronger than mix with Malak and etc. But Reys don't use any resistance toons (I believe they want, but really can't).
    I know that old players have Wat, GAS, GK so they can mix for winning. But what about new ones? They won't buy Rey at all and resistance packs are useless. CG can remove them from shop.
  • khdelboy
    323 posts Member
    edited June 27
    quw6zqyt05rx.jpeg
    Guys... give it a break. It’s getting b*****y BORING.

    It’s getting on high levels of whining that even toddlers will be ashamed of. Grow up.
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    NataPda wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    NataPda wrote: »
    Well, maybe Rey is OK. The problem is that resistance needs to be buffed. Someone should have pre-taunt as KRU, others might be like Hux (Finn is much weaker) or ST.
    I would like to see any video with Rey & pure resistance against full FO & ulti SKLR.
    Otherwise words "Reys from my shard have no problem with SKLR" have no sense at all

    I agreed with you until the end. It's irrelevant in squad arena. Kylos use a mix malak, thrawn, dr, as well as all First order so saying reys in my arena have no issue is still the truth since Kylo doesn't just use ONLY first order like rey doesn't just use ONLY resistance. She again is made to be used with light side not just resistance, they have stated this. So in arena the fact they can climb with NO ISSUE with a mix of toons makes total sense since people are saying they can't win with any squad with rey vs kylo which is just false.

    Kylos from my shard use only FO. And this team is much stronger than mix with Malak and etc. But Reys don't use any resistance toons (I believe they want, but really can't).
    I know that old players have Wat, GAS, GK so they can mix for winning. But what about new ones? They won't buy Rey at all and resistance packs are useless. CG can remove them from shop.

    I agree it would definitely be hard if you are really new and went straight for rey without accumulating other strong toons (gas, jkr, wat etc). But I assume this would be pretty rare
  • ClodyaModya
    24 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Yes, you can forget about justice. We play a salary for developers. They wanted to spit that spoiled a huge number of people the desire to play, the character to which they went intentionally for a specific purpose. If they immediately said: Kylo will be promoted. There would be no questions. Rey would have been just like something sophisticated, but not obligatory. What you can stick anywhere and it will play. But it is not so that at first everyone caught the essence of the promise, Rey in PVP Kylo in the PVE, and proceeded from this. Now we can say with confidence that the Resistance, as a fraction in the game (and not only, as for me) is ****, and it’s not worth the time.
  • Saada wrote: »
    And I've yet to come across someone setting kylo on defence unless they have both.... while if someone just had rey its almost certain they'll put them on defence so your taking about a disadvantage which doesn't even happen in gac

    I have not put my rey on defense for the last 5 GAC matchups as it's just downright boring but that's by the by.... once the 5s cheese is fixed( and it does certainly need fixing) kylo could well become a far more legitimate choice for defense, this in turn will then require your other meta leaders along with your GL rey to get past him. You cant judge on the now as those changes are yet to be implemented just as you cant judge that theer are more Reys in the top 50 of shards due to most people going for Rey first up.
  • NataPda wrote: »
    Kylos from my shard use only FO. And this team is much stronger than mix with Malak and etc.

    Except it's not stronger. There are lots of people that find a full FO team much easier to beat than certain mix teams. There are a few mix teams out there that are really hard to counter, regardless of who you use. I won't mention them here as I don't want to suddenly face lots of them in TW or GA, but feel free to do your research. Full FO teams are certainly weaker overall.
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if arguing with SLKR owner can be productive - they are a cult followers who believe in their own truth that Rey is a beast on defense with full Resistance squad, that breaking 3-4 meta squads to make Rey work is completely normal (same people cried here when they had to use a single (!) Malak to stop GAS + 1 counter), that buffing SLKR's kit twice after everyone made choices and got their Reys is fine and that unicorns live on rainbows.
    Don't waste your time, totally not worth the effort

    This I gave up... Kylo owners just will not see any sense so long as their investment is the best why would they shame it wasn’t the same when they were crying he was getting beaten easy though ey. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • CosmicJ
    334 posts Member
    Rey does not need to be buffed. Neither GL does. This crying for a rey buff is nonsense. Both kylo and rey are vastly over inflated power creep af broken **** heroes.

    No more buffs to either of them please.

    Couldn't care less if your (our) precious rey is #2. She's still #2 by a country effing mile.

    #rey user.
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if arguing with SLKR owner can be productive - they are a cult followers who believe in their own truth that Rey is a beast on defense with full Resistance squad, that breaking 3-4 meta squads to make Rey work is completely normal (same people cried here when they had to use a single (!) Malak to stop GAS + 1 counter), that buffing SLKR's kit twice after everyone made choices and got their Reys is fine and that unicorns live on rainbows.
    Don't waste your time, totally not worth the effort

    This I gave up... Kylo owners just will not see any sense so long as their investment is the best why would they shame it wasn’t the same when they were crying he was getting beaten easy though ey. 🤦🏻‍♂️

    I stated some truths as well as the fact i am pushing for a fix for rey to not be beaten by Vader (or at least make it more difficult). pretty sure I'm the one with sense and being reasonable not you guys who are over doing it about how horrible rey is.....
    And this new kylo ai fix, I was and still am against it (check some of my previous posts).
  • Slaveen
    462 posts Member
    All I read was, "Please don't buff Rey - I like my SLKR being META without having to break apart my other previous-META squads and for Rey owners to have to do exactly that for the same investment in a Galactic Legend that was release at the exact same time as my SLKR."
  • It's irrelevant that you can't use just resistance.
    Completely disagree. Just as SLKR is viable with FO, Rey should be. Any other option such as using 4 meta toons to win over is garbage argument.
    I didn't see you tackling the back to back ultimates (maybe one turn gap).
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    It's irrelevant that you can't use just resistance.
    Completely disagree. Just as SLKR is viable with FO, Rey should be. Any other option such as using 4 meta toons to win over is garbage argument.
    I didn't see you tackling the back to back ultimates (maybe one turn gap).

    I've mentioned that in a previous comment that the crits done when rey was in her ult stance would be I assumed fixed and still think they'll get around to it.

    Again you are all missing the fact that they have clearly stated that these toons are not made for one faction so to say it's garbage that you have to use 4 meta toons is silly since thats what these GLs are made for. If my best squad contained the 4 best meta toons to beat rey.... guess what I would be using those 4 toons. And it is irrelevant for ARENA since its not like your stealing gas from a squad that you need to use (not sure how you guys are ignoring this fact). I also explained pretty clearly that in gac and tw that you are not at a huge disadvantage (see original post).
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    All I read was, "Please don't buff Rey - I like my SLKR being META without having to break apart my other previous-META squads and for Rey owners to have to do exactly that for the same investment in a Galactic Legend that was release at the exact same time as my SLKR."

    So silly since I said fix reys interaction with vader on numerous occasions (pretyy sure this is saying buff her) and to not fix this upcoming ai change for kylo (saying not to buff my kylo) but no keep spouting nonsense and don't see any reasoning
  • Monomer
    94 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    It's irrelevant that you can't use just resistance.
    Completely disagree. Just as SLKR is viable with FO, Rey should be. Any other option such as using 4 meta toons to win over is garbage argument.
    I didn't see you tackling the back to back ultimates (maybe one turn gap).

    I've mentioned that in a previous comment that the crits done when rey was in her ult stance would be I assumed fixed and still think they'll get around to it.

    Again you are all missing the fact that they have clearly stated that these toons are not made for one faction so to say it's garbage that you have to use 4 meta toons is silly since thats what these GLs are made for.

    Except that’s really only the case for one of them. So your argument seems pretty disingenuous.

    I’m not of the opinion that Rey needs a buff though. Kylo needs to be dialed back down.
  • Saada
    405 posts Member
    Monomer wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    It's irrelevant that you can't use just resistance.
    Completely disagree. Just as SLKR is viable with FO, Rey should be. Any other option such as using 4 meta toons to win over is garbage argument.
    I didn't see you tackling the back to back ultimates (maybe one turn gap).

    I've mentioned that in a previous comment that the crits done when rey was in her ult stance would be I assumed fixed and still think they'll get around to it.

    Again you are all missing the fact that they have clearly stated that these toons are not made for one faction so to say it's garbage that you have to use 4 meta toons is silly since thats what these GLs are made for.

    Except that’s really only the case for one of them. So your argument seems pretty disingenuous.

    I’m not of the opinion that Rey needs a buff though. Kylo needs to be dialed back down.

    People use wat, thrawn, malak, dr, bsf, traya with kylo and you can also use fo. just like rey can use gas, wat, jkr, jkl, gk as well as just resistance. Against rey with jkl, I have to mix and match to win so definitely not biased or one sided in anyway. It applies to both. And when they add extra toons it will become even more of mix and match fest. Change the crits, fix the vader and I've given plenty of reasons why it's not all doom and gloom for rey owners like they are making it out to be
  • Gamorrean
    2617 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    “Irrelevant that you can’t use resistance”
    How so? By splitting up meta teams compared to Kylo who can hide behind FO allies? You obviously don’t know what’s the issue here.

    If you could read its irrelevant in squad arena. Rey is made to be used with light side toons and not just a certain faction and in squad arena it doesn't matter since its not like your short a gas or jkr for another squad that you need to use... get it?
    And its pretty clear but I'll repeat it.... in gac and tw, rey in defence still needs multiple squads or a gl to beat her so a gl to beat a gl or jkr and gas or dr with gba still gives rey owners an advantage. The only issue is vader as I've stated.....

    By your logic it’s your post that is irrelevant. You are still trying to justify Rey for a different reason. It dosen’t change anything. Rey is still worse than Kylo in every aspect of the game.

    Rey + Resistance should be able to defeat Kylo + FO. That’s it.

  • Mirkraag
    358 posts Member
    Dont buff Rey, Nerf kylo instead.

    The powercreep is so insane, it is obviously the end, they will be stuck in 2 or 3 iterations only.
Sign In or Register to comment.